PDA

View Full Version : I Got A Bush Rash

crotchrocket
05/07/2009, 06:54 AM
Not the itchy crotch kind but the sh*t i just scraped both sides of my VX on thorn bushes down a trail kind :mad:

Some scratches are white :eek:

Anyone got any advise on getting them out?? im hoping the cladding scratches will come out with another lynseed oiling. All i have at home is MER polish

WormGod
05/07/2009, 07:23 AM
Nature of the beast man. You play offroad, you look offroad. If you plan on doing it again, don't bother trying to mask the rash too much. :cool:

My VX was offroad once. I believe I parked on a median for a party or something. Man, I think I got a tire dirty. ;)

MSHardeman
05/07/2009, 08:04 AM
Depending on how deep the scratches are (what we call pinstirpes) you should be able to buff them out with some swirl remover, wax and a little elbow grease. I've had a pretty good set of pinstripes on my Ebony, but was able to get them out, although I don't think any of them where white. Hopefully the white comes from whatever you rubbed up against and not the fact that you've gone through the paint....OUCH.

nfpgasmask
05/07/2009, 09:52 AM
You should see the sides of my VX...:rolleyes:

:cool!: Bart

VX KAT
05/07/2009, 11:11 AM
We got totally thrashed in our FJ Cruiser 2 weeks ago when the leader took us on an ATV trail, way too narrow, with thorn bushes on both sides. We too had white streaks really bad!!!!! We have the bright yellow color and the pinstripes were completely from end to end, top to bottom of the sides of car, and really noticeable in this color. We just wanted to knock them down a bit, never going to remove them completely.
I used:
1) Meguiars Medium Cut Cleaner - applied with orbital buffer. I did this 3 times. It has diminishing abrasives so you can't sand off your paint!

2) Then I used Meguiars Scratch-X with the orbital buffer. Did that 2 times

3) Then used ICE car polish. Applied by hand. Removed with microfiber cloth.

4) Then used synthetic wool bonnet dry to just buff it a bit and remove smears from the ICE which is like an oil.

5)The black plastic B pillars were BADDDDDDD!!!!!!......, I used Meguiars Plastic-X with the orbital buffer, applied a bit of pressure. They look like NEW, completely removed scratches, nice and smooth. Obviously plastic is softer than paint so it could remove them.

Now, on the paint, you can only see them at an angle in the sun, no more white streaks. We were satisfied.

Ldub
05/07/2009, 02:16 PM
You should see the sides of my VX...:rolleyes:

:cool!: Bart

Or you could look at mine & be glad you only have scratches...:eek:

nfpgasmask
05/07/2009, 02:25 PM
Or you could look at mine & be glad you only have scratches...:eek:

Yeah well, yours doesn't count because you can't see scratches on Astrals. Only your dents count. :D

Bart

Ldub
05/07/2009, 02:26 PM
Yeah well, yours doesn't count because you can't see scratches on Astrals. Only your dents count. :D

Bart

Who's your proof reader...Stevie Wonder...:confused:

LOLOLOLOLOL...:laughgray

DANG ! fixed it before I snagged it with a quote...you win.

nfpgasmask
05/07/2009, 02:32 PM
Who's your proof reader...Stevie Wonder...:confused:

LOLOLOLOLOL...:laughgray

DANG ! fixed it before I snagged it with a quote...you win.

Yes, I did fix it. I don't know how that happened. I think I think faster than I type sometimes. Or it could be the headache I have had for the last 3 days :_brickwal (seriously, I don't know wtf is wrong with me lately, I think it's Moab withdrawl). :D

Bart

EDIT: I think I meant to say, I type faster than I think....LOL...see what I mean? I need a vacation. :disturbed

pbkid
05/07/2009, 08:04 PM
ya bart...you have nothing bud...you dont have a dent like mine either, or dub's ;)

nfpgasmask
05/07/2009, 10:02 PM
ya bart...you have nothing bud...you dont have a dent like mine either, or dub's ;)

And I plan to keep it that way!!! ;)

Bart

Ldub
05/07/2009, 10:05 PM
And I plan to keep it that way!!! ;)

Bart

LoL...well YAH...that was MY original plan too...:rolleyesg

crotchrocket
05/08/2009, 01:26 AM
We got totally thrashed in our FJ Cruiser 2 weeks ago when the leader took us on an ATV trail, way too narrow, with thorn bushes on both sides. We too had white streaks really bad!!!!! We have the bright yellow color and the pinstripes were completely from end to end, top to bottom of the sides of car, and really noticeable in this color. We just wanted to knock them down a bit, never going to remove them completely.
I used:
1) Meguiars Medium Cut Cleaner - applied with orbital buffer. I did this 3 times. It has diminishing abrasives so you can't sand off your paint!

2) Then I used Meguiars Scratch-X with the orbital buffer. Did that 2 times

3) Then used ICE car polish. Applied by hand. Removed with microfiber cloth.

4) Then used synthetic wool bonnet dry to just buff it a bit and remove smears from the ICE which is like an oil.

5)The black plastic B pillars were BADDDDDDD!!!!!!......, I used Meguiars Plastic-X with the orbital buffer, applied a bit of pressure. They look like NEW, completely removed scratches, nice and smooth. Obviously plastic is softer than paint so it could remove them.

Now, on the paint, you can only see them at an angle in the sun, no more white streaks. We were satisfied.

Awesome, thanks. gonna give this a go !!

nfpgasmask
05/08/2009, 08:28 AM
LoL...well YAH...that was MY original plan too...:rolleyesg

Just stay outta those damn bath tubs this year and I think you will be ok. :D

Bart