PDA

View Full Version : Gonna have to miss MOAB.....

JoFotoz
05/02/2009, 09:03 PM
My dad...my alter ego...my MAN...

....had a stroke...fell...broke his hip yesterday.

He's 85...

...he's my rock.

I'm flying back to the UK on Tuesday.

No prayers...we aint religious (sp)..

...just raise a glass o'adult beverage to DR BILL BIRCH!

:dance:

He taught me how to drive....:_steering

(Mini Cooper..the REAL ones...Lancia HPE...OMG..wot a car!...MGB~GT..in red of course!....TR6...booya!)

...I HAVE to go home.

If I cant cancel room at Red Rock... ...

....please all use it as the video/stash sh~it/common room/BAR !

Thanks...gonna miss it...BUT...family rules.

jo

Moncha
05/02/2009, 09:13 PM
Well, with respect to you and yours, I will say lots of positive thoughts for you and the man.

I can empathize wholeheartedly. I wish for a good out come and safe travels. We'll miss you sorely as I was so looking forward to finally meeting you. First things first though.

Be well!

Scott

nocturnalVX
05/02/2009, 09:32 PM
Cece and I send our good vibes in you and your Pop's direction. From this moment on (until I hear differently) when I am tipping back a few, one will be for you and yours.
:_beer:
They didn't have a smiley doing a shot... that'll have to do. Gonna miss the photoshoot, but that just means we gotta come out to Cali!

We'll see you soon... one way or another.

don moore
05/02/2009, 09:34 PM
Hope you trip there will be safe ...see ya later.

Triathlete
05/02/2009, 09:38 PM
That really sucks Jo! The family comes first though. Hope all goes well and have a safe trip. Moab will always be there next year!

VXIRONwoMAN
05/02/2009, 09:39 PM
Cece and I send our good vibes in you and your Pop's direction. From this moment on (until I hear differently) when I am tipping back a few, one will be for you and yours.
They didn't have a smiley doing a shot... that'll have to do. Gonna miss the photoshoot, but that just means we gotta come out to Cali!

What he said...

I hope you get hot flight attendants! :_drool: :naughty: :yes:

Ldub
05/02/2009, 10:27 PM
Well, with respect to you and yours, I will say lots of positive thoughts for you and the man.

I can empathize wholeheartedly. I wish for a good out come and safe travels. We'll miss you sorely as I was so looking forward to finally meeting you. First things first though.

Be well!

Scott

Hope you trip there will be safe ...see ya later.

That really sucks Jo! The family comes first though. Hope all goes well and have a safe trip. Moab will always be there next year!

What he said...

I hope you get hot flight attendants! :_drool: :naughty: :yes:

WHAT THEY SAID...:sighwgray

You're gonna be 3-M (Missed Most Mightily) on the trails & on the stoop my friend...this is bummin' me out.
I think the "catch phrase" on the stoop this year is gonna have to be:

"Doesn't it feel like someone's missing?" Followed by a round of libations hoisted to You & Tone...:_beer:

But I know family trumps fun.
Hope your father has a swift recovery, & you have a safe trip.:yes:

Best, dub

Riff Raff
05/03/2009, 03:33 AM
Jo, sorry to hear the sad news right on the heels of Anita's Dad. I wish your Dad a speedy recovery. I hope I make it to be 85 someday. Be careful of the deep cavity searches at the airport security checkpoints; they hurt. I've got plenty of inventory to raise many glasses of cheer. All my best to you and your Dad.
Riff Raff

tomdietrying
05/03/2009, 06:21 AM
Jo,
Sorry to hear about your father. He made you the man you are. Go home and give him back some of the strenght. My positive vibes are with you.
Peace.
Tom

MSHardeman
05/03/2009, 08:36 AM
Jo, so sorry to hear about your dad, but he sounds like a tough son-of-a-gun so I'm sure that he'll be recovering quickly.

Moab and The Stoop won't be quite the same without you, but you'll be there in our hearts and minds.

Safe travels and positive vibes to you and your dad.

Scott Harness
05/03/2009, 09:34 AM
:(So sorry Jo,sending you and your Dad much CHI. The STOOP won't be the same without you! Next year my friend. Safe travels.:(

pbkid
05/03/2009, 09:50 AM
:(

not gonna be the same my friend

but family definately comes first

cyronman
05/03/2009, 11:04 AM
Jo,

ring ring

JoFotoz
05/03/2009, 11:12 AM
Thanks to you all for the good vibes etc for my Dad....

...he's a tough old geezer .

I cancelled room 11 at the Red Rock...so it is available for anyone that wants it.

I did book it for next year...:p

I'll get my Moab "fix" via puter in England....

Somebody keep a camera trained on PBKid...

...we need another "OH MY GAWD" shot for the 2010 calendar:eek:

jo

kodiak
05/03/2009, 11:29 AM
Sorry to hear you’re not going man. Have a safe trip and stay positive.

CrnCnn
05/03/2009, 11:43 AM
Thats not good Jo. Good luck and since I am not a religous man either, I will drink one.

pbkid
05/03/2009, 12:46 PM
Somebody keep a camera trained on PBKid...

...we need another "OH MY GAWD" shot for the 2010 calendar:eek:

jo

no no....no more of that business...

VX KAT
05/04/2009, 12:57 AM
So sorry to hear this Jo, wish him well & speedy recovery. Was looking forward to meeting you, but there's always next year!:thumbup:

Jay Dunford
05/04/2009, 06:08 AM
We'll miss ya Jo, my thoughts are with you and the family.

tom4bren
05/04/2009, 06:11 AM
Best o luck to your Dad, Jo.

Make sure you tell him that there's about 1000 Yanks pullin for his quick recovery.

nfpgasmask
05/04/2009, 09:01 AM
Awww Jo, that sucks. Sorry to hear this.

Bart

Triathlete
05/04/2009, 01:44 PM
Jo, I think we've been cursed to not be in Moab in the same year. Last year after talking you into going I have a wreck and now this year this!:(

Marlin
05/04/2009, 02:03 PM
Sorry to hear about your dad, I too will have a drink for him. I looked forward to meeting you. I don't think I will make it next year...

I had a near miss today. My wife called me at work and said both our boys had spots on their legs and fevers..........CHICKEN POX!!!!!!!!!!! Luckily, it turns out it is just a heat rash. That would have sucked.

Knigh7s
05/04/2009, 03:16 PM
Jo, Sorry to hear you cant make it... I was really looking forward to meeting up with you this year... But Family is first. Take care, and I'll be sure to throw down a couple Gentlemen Jacks for your two... or should I do Crown Reserve, hmmmmmmm... No... BOTH!!! yeah thats sounds bout right... :)

Ldub
05/04/2009, 03:22 PM
Sorry to hear about your dad, I too will have a drink for him. I looked forward to meeting you. I don't think I will make it next year...

I had a near miss today. My wife called me at work and said both our boys had spots on their legs and fevers..........CHICKEN POX!!!!!!!!!!! Luckily, it turns out it is just a heat rash. That would have sucked.

They'da been better off with the chicken pox, best to get it outta the way while young.

I had'em when I was about 5, & I don't think it any effect on me - e - e - e - e - e - e...:rolleyesg...:laughgray

Marlin
05/04/2009, 03:46 PM
You didn't happen to get a double dose of vaccinations when you were a kid did ya?

I saw a humorous bumper sticker today
"Autism, it's not what you think."
I thought it was a serious sticker at first, until I read the rest of their stickers...:)

Ldub
05/04/2009, 04:01 PM
[QUOTE=Marlin;157134]You didn't happen to get a double dose of vaccinations when you were a kid did ya?[quote]

Naaaaa...it was more likely the "lead paint potato chips" that I used to pick off the walls & ceiling...:_confused

Marlin
05/04/2009, 05:47 PM
[QUOTE=Marlin;157134]You didn't happen to get a double dose of vaccinations when you were a kid did ya?[quote]

Naaaaa...it was more likely the "lead paint potato chips" that I used to pick off the walls & ceiling...:_confused

Is it true that the yellow ones tasted like banana?

Riff Raff
05/04/2009, 06:08 PM
[QUOTE=Ldub;157138][QUOTE=Marlin;157134]
Is it true that the yellow ones tasted like banana?

No, the yellow paint chips taste like dog urine.

JoFotoz
05/05/2009, 12:34 AM
I fly in about 5 hours...

You have no idea how good it is to see this thread...

.... disolve into hilarious banter....:dance:

Its only right...:thumbup:

Thank you all again for all the good wishes....

Wheel safe .....:_beer: safe too!

jo

Anita
05/05/2009, 01:46 PM
Best wishes for your Dad. :gring:

Triathlete
05/05/2009, 10:56 PM
Wheel safe ....

jo

Wheres the fun in that?:smilewink

kodiak
05/08/2009, 04:24 PM
I got room 11:clap: Thanks Jo!!

Ldub
05/08/2009, 07:27 PM
I got room 11:clap: Thanks Jo!!

SWEET...:_beer:...:dance:...:_beer:

lasturbo
05/08/2009, 09:26 PM
I'm raising that glass JO !!! A safe journey to the UK mate!!!