PDA

View Full Version : Any VX owners in BC/WA?

stangri
05/02/2009, 03:53 PM
Hey folks,

I'm considering getting a VX, but I'm concerned over some reviews noting the stiff ride of this car. Are there any VX owners in BC/WA willing to let me test (passenger seat) the car before I can commit?

I've had limited exposure to SUVs, but if you guys could advise me on how does VX ride comparing to the "is" model of X5 of the Land Cruiser Prado, I'll be much obliged.

thanks!
-Stan

rowhard
05/03/2009, 12:47 AM
Your right, the VX ride is very stiff. Many of us have replaced the OEM shocks with Rancho 9000's and other brands to soften the ride. Also, comparing the VX to the X5 and land cruiser is like comparing apples to oranges. The VX has a much shorter wheelbase.

But, if your ever find yourself in Olympia WA, would be happy to give you a test ride, maybe in both seats.

Gussie2000
05/03/2009, 07:26 AM
Hi !

If you run a search you can possibly find a couple of canadian members living with a considerable distance.......give it a try

stangri
05/03/2009, 01:43 PM
...comparing the VX to the X5 and land cruiser is like comparing apples to oranges. The VX has a much shorter wheelbase.
But, if your ever find yourself in Olympia WA, would be happy to give you a test ride, maybe in both seats.
The Prado I've had was a short-wheelbase 3 door version, but I wouldn't say that one was any stiff. If anything it was much smoother ride than the big-rims X5. Thanks for the offer, if I'm around there before I could get in touch with Vancouver owners I'll give you a shout!

If you run a search you can possibly find a couple of canadian members living with a considerable distance.......give it a try
Thanks I did try and did find posts from a few members right here in Vancouver! Thanks again, I saw all these introduction posts but didn't think about searching thru them!