PDA

View Full Version : Moab Mt. Bike Monday?

Triathlete
04/25/2009, 09:29 AM
Just checking to see if anyone is interested in a little Mt. biking on the Monday before the VX run. I am going to be renting a Mt bike from Poison Spider Bikes (http://www.poisonspiderbicycles.com/) ($40 a day). I would love to have a bit of company.
This ride will be for fun. Won't be trying to kill myself out there.
So, who is interested?:cool:

pbkid
04/25/2009, 01:20 PM
billy what do you mean by 'ride for fun'...this may be different definition in a non-athletic persons book?

i would love to go ride, but i dont EVER ride bikes, so my thighs would not do too well with a strenuous workout.. ;)

Triathlete
04/25/2009, 02:24 PM
Not granny speed but not racing either. I have the fitness part but not the off road handling skills. Don't want to have to scrape myself up off the road (my road rash is just finishing its healing). There will surely be lots of stopping for pics and regrouping if needed!:cool:

pbkid
04/25/2009, 06:36 PM
hmm...guess we will see how the others feel huh?

how would you feel about leaving a VX at the 'bottom' of the trail and taking another to the 'top' with the bikes??

the ' ' because i realize that not every trail is all downhill...but it would be fun to just cruise on some bikes...mostly downhill :naughty:

Triathlete
04/25/2009, 09:40 PM
Most of the trails are loops!

VX crazy
04/26/2009, 06:17 AM
I would love to do that, but cant this year with my shoulder.....:(

Ldub
04/26/2009, 06:45 AM
Most of the trails are loops!

:_confused...:laughgray...:_confused...:laughgray. ..:_confused...:laughgray...:_confused

Yup...I think this is a pic of "metal masher"...:smilewink

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/OSCAR_V_BABACOCK.jpg

pbkid
04/26/2009, 10:42 AM
yup...and thats billy on the bike...and im taking the picture and drinking rum and cokes :dance:

crager34
04/26/2009, 10:59 AM
hmm...guess we will see how the others feel huh?

how would you feel about leaving a VX at the 'bottom' of the trail and taking another to the 'top' with the bikes??

the ' ' because i realize that not every trail is all downhill...but it would be fun to just cruise on some bikes...mostly downhill :naughty:

A great one for this is Hazard Down. Park off the La Sal Mt. Road where the trail crosses it and from there down to Porcupine, to 128 is mostly downhill maybe around 20 miles. I said mostly down. :p

Triathlete
04/26/2009, 07:23 PM
Going to join us Crager?:cool: