PDA

View Full Version : Off to AK....

gruven
07/23/2003, 12:20 PM
Yes it's time once again to head off for my trip to AK & the Kenai River to harvest my salmon for the year. Try to perscribe to eating only what I 'hunt&gather' (thus only fish) and so time to stock up on the protein for the year!! Will also at the same time try to avoid becoming protein for other larger carnivores.... ;eekg;

Looking forward to hooking up with AlaskaVX and checking out his new SC & comparing PV2 notes. Unfortunately I will only have a picture of my dragon who will be sitting lonely back under my carport....Maybe someday dear.....

I hope not to have too many withdrawl symptoms from not being able to visit the board but... at least we'll have some king salmon to grill again at the next meet!

Have a great week everybody and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to all who made it to yet another year- how quickly they fly by....

Soon!

-gruven:supercool

Moncha
07/23/2003, 12:38 PM
Have a safe and fun trip!!

AlaskaVX
07/23/2003, 01:44 PM
I'll post a pic of the monsters we pull out! Hopefully we can get together for a fish pic, but I don't know if we will be together when we catch them. Last weekend my dad got a 66#er so hopefully I can beat that... hehehe. I am going to try to get Boarzhead to go out there too but he has been MIA for a while (over a month) now. Hey gruven, I will be in a boat called the Blue Fin so you can say whats up if we are on the river. We do drift fishing, not sure if your guide buddy drifts or back-trolls, but if he drifts we are sure to see each other since there is really ony 3 places you can drift.

See ya here!
Alan

Anita
07/23/2003, 01:48 PM
I suppose you could ship that salmon to almost anyplace in the U.S., including California.....

:naughty:

AlaskaVX
07/23/2003, 01:59 PM
Maybe... just maybe.. If I limit out and maybe even get some reds too then my family will have way too much and I might be able to send you some. But if gruven gets skunked then he has first dibs, so wish us luck!:thumbup:

Happy B-day Anita!