PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Everett want to check out a VX for me?

Canadian80
04/22/2009, 09:03 AM
Hi all,

I'm up in BC Canada, and looking to get a VX to import for myself. I've located what looks to be a nice unit in Everett, but I'm having difficulty getting any decent information out of the sellers. I don't want to get down there only to find it's got issues.

Is there anyone in the Everett area who wants to help out and take a look at it for me? I figure there's nobody better to look at it than a current VX owner. If so, PM me for details.

Thanks in advance,

-Ryan

circmand
04/22/2009, 09:05 AM
If the sellers are being secretive it is definately wise to triple check the vehicle. They may just doubt someone coming from so far a way to purchase but they may also be shady as well. Are they members here?

Canadian80
04/22/2009, 09:10 AM
No, it's a dealership and I get the impression they don't want to put that much effort in because it's not a $40,000 vehicle. Normally I'd just walk away, but VX's are hard to come by!

-Ryan

AK Falco
04/22/2009, 12:16 PM
I will try. where is it at?

Canadian80
04/22/2009, 12:23 PM
It's at a dealership called Everett Used Car Superstore.
12620 Highway 99, Everett

Here's a link to the mapquest: http://www.mapquest.com/maps?address=12620+Highway+99%2C+Everett%2C+Wa+982 04

Thanks in advance!
-Ryan

circmand
04/22/2009, 02:08 PM
very little about the VX. They mention radio and cassette but not the 6 disc cd changer? very weird or it went kaput.

Luninox
04/22/2009, 02:18 PM
my name is Everett...
Does that help?

Canadian80
04/22/2009, 03:10 PM
You're right, they know nothing about it. The few times I've spoken with them on the phone to try and get info, they read the ad back to me and were quite rude when pressed for more info. Like I said, normally I'd walk, but VX's are hard to come by..

-Ryan

VehiGAZ
04/22/2009, 04:24 PM
Don't be discouraged, but be careful. You can score a good deal from ignorant and/or jerk sellers if you know what you are looking for (and what you are looking at...).

Good luck!

rowhard
04/22/2009, 04:24 PM
wish it was south Seattle, I'd be happy to go check it out but its 90 miles one way. IF no steps up for you, maybe I can this coming Saturday, have nothing planned

John in Olympia WA

Riff Raff
04/22/2009, 06:11 PM
"AK FALCO" is definately your best asset, as he lives really close to Everett, WA. Good luck; just be smart and be careful. Don't be afraid to walk away; listen to your instincts.

AK Falco
04/23/2009, 01:18 AM
already looked at that one. the driver side mirror is held on with duck tape! no joke! also the driver inside handle is broken. rear body plastic on the door is also bent, you almost cant open the rear door at all. :eek: also no factory key fab. one key, not original. other then that it was not in too terrible shape. battery was dead when we tried to start it up. possibly because the dome light was left on the night before. dealer was pretty firm on price. got him down to 7,700.00 $ after tax and licensing. Lol I told him ill pay 5,000 out the door. he didn't like that. before they had it another dealership had it in Monroe, it has been around for a while. Gray interior. thats all I remember.

Riff Raff
04/23/2009, 01:34 AM
Hmmm, I've got just three words or ya'-- "RUN LIKE HELL!!!"

Canadian80
04/23/2009, 08:43 AM
Thanks for the info AK. I got some pics from them and it looks like the mirror has been fixed or replaced as there's no duct tape now. I can't really see any damage to the rear cladding.. Where was it bent, and what was keeping the door from opening?

Thanks again,
-Ryan

AK Falco
04/23/2009, 09:11 AM
it is bent on the line I made on the picture. it sticks out and has turned white how plastic dose when bent. It catches on the break light and acts as a stop holding the door open only like 4 inches. It was very hard to push in on it hard enough to clear the break light and swing the door all the way open.....?

Canadian80
04/23/2009, 10:37 AM
I wonder if anyone out there has a spare rear door cladding and wants to sell it?

-Ryan

mikemol
06/03/2009, 02:40 PM
I went down to see it in the mid May. It was there for months but suprisingly the day I came there to look at it and test drive it andother couple came to look at it and they bought it. That happened seconds before I came all the way from Vancouver Canada. Fortunatelly people who bought it let me test drive it as I wanted to test drive one before making a decision if I wanted to be a VX or not. The condition was as described. I think there was actually a hit in the read door close to the tail light as the plastic on the tail light is broken in the bottom right corner and the door is a little bit pushed in. So it's not just plastic that's bent but the door as well.
Since then I found another VX in Neveda and flew there to buy it and drive it to Canada. It's now sitting in Seattle waiting for US customs clearance.