PDA

View Full Version : Anybody in AZ!??

Multimediaman
07/23/2003, 11:22 AM
The guy who was going to make the prototype rack flaked out on me. Left town with my $$$ and the drawings. Does anybody in AZ kow of a good metal worker who can build it for me?? I prefer extruded aluminum to steel. Please let me know if you have a lead.

VX Caver maybe an artsy type in Tubac??

Charles

AlaskaVX
07/23/2003, 11:45 AM
Damn that sucks, I am still very interesed in your roof rack, hope everything works out. Do you have any kind of reciept for the deposit? If so, go to small claims court! How much did you lose out on? Keep us updated on this please

Thanx,
Alan

VXcaver
07/23/2003, 05:14 PM
Hey Multimediaman! :clap: First, congratulations on the good news from your other post! :clap:

About the roof rack, I'll check around on Friday. I do know the right person, but I'll need to present the idea and see where it goes. I haven't got a clue if this guy works with extruded aluminum. I can probably find the prototype photos on VMAG for reference, but if you have them handy, would you email them to me?

Sorry we missed you on the great Powerline challenge. It was a hoot! To bad they're developing the desert down here. By this time next year the Powerline road will be blacktopped!

Multimediaman
07/24/2003, 05:44 AM
Pictures are on the way!

VXcaver
07/27/2003, 03:08 PM
Just an update - I touched bases with the local shop on Friday, but the guy I needed to see won't be in until this Weds. They did tell me that no one there works with Aluminium. For clarification, are you just looking for fabrication of the prototype right now? Not a small production run?

VXcaver
07/30/2003, 04:34 PM
Charles... I met with the fabricator today and -- ulp -- he turned the job down. Without more details as to a projected production run, cost, tolerances, he was unwilling to invest energies in this. There are other resources here, but as we talked it became apparent that you probably need to deal directly with the fabricator yourself or send me more details. One question that seemed extremely important was how to attach the prototype rack to the stock Isuzu crossmembers. If the rack could be engineered to use existing Yakima Load Warrior brackets, for example, then that might solve the problem (that might be your plan. I haven't gone back and read the old posts about this.)

I've replied to your email but haven't heard back. You said once that you were behind "the firewall from hell" so I'm posting this here. Talk to you soon...

Multimediaman
08/05/2003, 08:30 AM
E-mail me your phone # at multimediaman@cox.net and I'll give you a call.

Charles