PDA

View Full Version : I feel dirty! (VX rack score)

TheGanzman
04/20/2009, 09:57 AM
Gotta share - Last week, I found a wrecked VX in a 'yard during one of my online searches; it appeared to have fully intact roof rack crossmembers. I called 'em and got a quote of $150 DELIVERED, so I figured I'd take a chance. Got 'em in today and cleaned 'em up - PERFECT, almost "as new" condition after a light polish; all endpieces and "Vehicross" plastic tabs intact too!

The "cherry on the sundae" - I asked him to check and see if the plastic valance pieces (for when you take the rack off) were anywhere to be found, and if so, would he throw them in(I figured it'd be nice to have some "spares", in case mine got lost/broken)...4 perfect examples at no extra charge in the bottom of the box!:bwgy: Now pardon me while I go take a shower...;)

crager34
04/20/2009, 10:19 AM
Where is the wrecked VX? Maybe others can call to get parts.

Parts is parts

TheGanzman
04/20/2009, 10:32 AM
Where is the wrecked VX? Maybe others can call to get parts.

Parts is parts

Right in your backyard! Transwest Auto Parts, Lehi Utah - 801/768-0200; ask for Cody...;)

nfpgasmask
04/20/2009, 03:59 PM
Yeah, there are a few pieces I would not mind getting my grubby mits on for the right price. I have some mods I need some donor parts for.

Bart

djvx
04/20/2009, 09:11 PM
Sick, Looks like I now blew $275.00 in a roof rack, thats missing the end covers. Add that to my list of vx misfortunes. I'm goint to start a thread "djvx's mods gone bad"
Congrats to your find.

pbkid
04/20/2009, 09:33 PM
djvx...dont feel so bad, pretty sure i spend 350-400 on mine.

i also spent 16.8k on my VX, and the next year i was looking at VX's for around 10k with less miles

nfpgasmask
04/20/2009, 10:28 PM
djvx...dont feel so bad, pretty sure i spend 350-400 on mine.

i also spent 16.8k on my VX, and the next year i was looking at VX's for around 10k with less miles

x2, I spent the same....and I still feel good about it!

Bart

djvx
04/20/2009, 10:39 PM
..:thanx: appreciate the notes guys:grino:

TheGanzman
04/21/2009, 08:54 AM
I sure wouldn't kick myself in the *ss about paying "the going rate" for a set of roof racks, which is what you did. *I* get lucky SO rarely when it comes to what I pay for things, that I just had to share, is all. My protocol is "buy high, sell low...":bwgr:

Gussie2000
04/21/2009, 09:18 AM
I guess this one those days when you hit the big poll.

After purchasing my VX one my obssesions was the racks,spend uncalculated amount of hours searching for a set & had no luck 'till one day this guy from minnessota sent me a e-mail offering the set for $ 250 + shipping,at 1rst my thoughts were....mhhh...scam on process,how did this guy who didn't seem to be a member finds out about my request for racks ?
The next day i reply asking for phone number,he reponded saying that he were a VX.info member,did't had much of participation on the site but more as a lurker.We seal the deal & bought the racks,two weeks after i went to new jersey & bought another set,life is so much of a funny game,in less then a month i went from having no hope of getting any racks at all to own not one but two sets of them in less then two week. I sold one set to MDWYER in colorado