PDA

View Full Version : List Of UK VX Owners 2009

crotchrocket
04/16/2009, 02:38 AM
Lets get all your names, locations and your VX down with a view to having (possibly the first?) UK VehiCROSS meet. A couple of people seem up for it that i've spoken to but my memory is terrible and i can't rememer your names or locations :D

Also let me know how far you would be willing to travel?

SO........................

NAME: James
VEHICROSS: 1997 jap import in Ebony black.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j31/crotchrocket3000/vehicross/100_5068.jpg

alanbradley
04/16/2009, 03:36 AM
Me!

Name: Alan
Model: JDM (yo!) 1997 Astral Silver

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/alanbradley/VehiCross%20Stuff/IMG_0059.jpg

Greasemonkey
04/16/2009, 06:16 AM
Me me me me too -
Steve Bury St Edmunds , suffollk
1997 VehiCROSS Jap Import in Silver
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i101/greasemonkey_01/DSCF0534.jpg
cheers
Steve

kirk hilton
04/19/2009, 06:14 AM
Hi Fellow UK Owners,

Just a quick name check - no nice pics at the mo (have to set up my URL). I live in Stockport and I've only had my Sunburst 175 Vehicross for a few months. I live very close to two other VX owners. One (Silver) in the same village as I but have at the mo not been able to find out who it is or where they live. And a guy in Alderley Edge who only last week sold his silver VX (but perhaps it's still local).

My VX was imported about a year ago by a chap on the south coast (no not Hove). I had to fly down pay my money and drive it back to Stockport. Besides being a very nice 175 with the red leather interior the previous owner (who I tracked down on the Internet) fitted electrically adjustable Rancho Shocks - very trick. But I'm hoping to do some mods like CrotchRocky. First order of the day is fit a roof rack/basket then I'm thinking of a induction kit or cold air system. Currently nearly every weekend I'm working on the VX to make it just right and it's in need of some TLC to being it back to it's former glory.

I certainly would be interested in a UK meet but as always it's a matter of time. It would be nice to have 7 or more owners together and perhaps a 4X4 mag would be interested in running a story. Mileage isn't too much of a problem as long as it's not in Scotland or too far down south (Kettering for Example) but of the estimated 30 VXs in the UK I bet most are on the South coast.

Promise to sort out pics

TTFN Kirk

Gussie2000
04/19/2009, 06:43 AM
This is so great to look at you guys planning your gets together

Keep us posted for updates guys :)

BritVX
04/25/2009, 10:04 AM
Hi All,

I'd be up for a meet, I'm down in Bisley, Surrey but happy to do a few miles. I haven't any shots of my VX on this laptop but if you do a search on "cladding cut" there's a thread by me showing my latest mods which are rather novel. I'm currently running with a 3" lift but planning to go higher with a pro shock setup once I get the time. I currently have the Rancho remote adjustables but to be honest their a bit Mickey Mouse, I feel the stock shocks with the lift were better.

BritVX
04/25/2009, 10:18 AM
Just found some photos of the chop they're now in my gallery.

VCrossfan
04/25/2009, 10:51 AM
BritVX Just saw your Cladding Chop pic's, nicely done ! ! :thumbup::thumbup:

Greasemonkey
04/25/2009, 03:41 PM
Hi just to make every one jealous - i collect original VX press stuff - Isuzu press releases from both the US and Japan
Got loads of really nice stuff but i got the cream stuff :-
I just received my 175 ltd press pack - the pics are awesome
i'll scan and post them when i get time
cheers
Steve

rowhard
04/25/2009, 06:22 PM
Greasemonkey, is the One Bull still going strong? use to be my local's once I was excepted. I lived at Park Corner Cottage, The Park, Great Barton for 6 years. Sorry for the thread jack

don moore
04/25/2009, 06:25 PM
that many VXs on that little rock...WOW

Greasemonkey
04/26/2009, 01:13 AM
Hi Rowhard - we must be talking about a different place - the One Bull is on Angel Hill in Bury St Edmunds - the Bunbury Arms is in Gt Barton
cheers
Steve

alanbradley
04/26/2009, 01:22 AM
Hi Fellow UK Owners,

Just a quick name check - no nice pics at the mo (have to set up my URL). I live in Stockport and I've only had my Sunburst 175 Vehicross for a few months. I live very close to two other VX owners. One (Silver) in the same village as I but have at the mo not been able to find out who it is or where they live. And a guy in Alderley Edge who only last week sold his silver VX (but perhaps it's still local).

My VX was imported about a year ago by a chap on the south coast (no not Hove). I had to fly down pay my money and drive it back to Stockport. Besides being a very nice 175 with the red leather interior the previous owner (who I tracked down on the Internet) fitted electrically adjustable Rancho Shocks - very trick. But I'm hoping to do some mods like CrotchRocky. First order of the day is fit a roof rack/basket then I'm thinking of a induction kit or cold air system. Currently nearly every weekend I'm working on the VX to make it just right and it's in need of some TLC to being it back to it's former glory.

I certainly would be interested in a UK meet but as always it's a matter of time. It would be nice to have 7 or more owners together and perhaps a 4X4 mag would be interested in running a story. Mileage isn't too much of a problem as long as it's not in Scotland or too far down south (Kettering for Example) but of the estimated 30 VXs in the UK I bet most are on the South coast.

Promise to sort out pics

TTFN Kirk

Kirk, I still have to reply to that last e-mail, sorry...

I'll meet anywhere. Heck, I did 23k in mine last year (yep, right through the expensive petrol...) mostly back and forth to Scotland.

I need to visit this site more often... :rolleyes:

Alan

rowhard
04/26/2009, 06:40 AM
Hi Rowhard - we must be talking about a different place - the One Bull is on Angel Hill in Bury St Edmunds - the Bunbury Arms is in Gt Barton
cheers
Steve
yes, different place, I lived in one place and drank in another. One bull backed onto the abby, gates were around the corner. Don't even think Gt Barton had a pub when I was there.

crotchrocket
04/29/2009, 03:57 AM
greesemonkey,

do you think we can crash the itoc meet in a couple of weeks ??

edalseel
04/29/2009, 12:49 PM
I'd also be up for a meet however I'm up in Aberdeen but I'd be happy to do a few miles.

Name: Lee
Model: JDM 1997 Silver

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/VX_0113.jpg

Gussie2000
04/29/2009, 07:21 PM
I'd also be up for a meet however I'm up in Aberdeen but I'd be happy to do a few miles.

Name: Lee
Model: JDM 1997 Silver

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/VX_0113.jpg

Another mighty astral silver on the streets.......so great :)

kirk hilton
04/30/2009, 01:21 PM
Hi Lee, glad to hear you're up for a meet. Also glad your VX made it safely from Spain. I saw it on Ebay and emailed the seller to ask him to pass my details to the eventual owner (probably didn't).

In the ebay pic I noticed that the rear fog light was on the wrong side for the UK (or so I understand) so you'll probably have to do something to sort out before the next MOT if not already done. I also mentioned to him (seller) should say something any buyer about the light.

Bet you had a real treat and adventure driving it back, and I suspect you and LUD are now firm friends.

Kirk

kirk hilton
04/30/2009, 01:31 PM
Hi All,
Have noticed that another* VX ( Dragon Green) is up for sale on AutoTrader. Does anyone know the owner? Is a forum-ite selling their VX? AT says it 189 miles from me so it's either another Scot or more likely down south Crocket's way (London?).

Kirk

* One that I haven't hear of or seen in the past 6 months.

kirk hilton
05/01/2009, 04:06 AM
Well I've rediscovered the Silver VX recently sold by it previous owner in Alderley Edge a couple of weeks ago. It's in Long Eaton, Notts. How do I know? Well today it was put onto Ebay (UK). The Cheshire guy sold it for £2500 (I believe) and it's now two weeks later it's being sold for £4000. The Cheeky Bugger!

alanbradley
05/01/2009, 03:49 PM
That's not far from me then...

Mine may now have working ventilation and a significant suspension lift. :rolleyes:

Edaseel, you have to drive a few miles to get anywhere from where you are. I used to live in Inverness so I know the feeling... :mad:

A

Greasemonkey
05/02/2009, 12:41 AM
Hi - i already have my name down - just found out though its Tonge not Tong - The meet is in Bradford !!!!!
I have not further to travel but you have if you want to go lol
cheers
Steve
http://www.parkwood4x4.co.uk/

Greasemonkey
05/02/2009, 12:44 AM
The next thing we have to do is organise our own UK meet
Obviously some where central would be best as the VX is not good on fuel
Most of use seem to live lower down so maybe Northampton area or further south would be best
I am away for the Jap and Jeep show - which would have been ideal at Sibertoft -
does anyone have any suggestions for a meeting place - even if its just a Saturday carpark meet stop over and have a few beers and a chat
cheers
Steve

Greasemonkey
05/02/2009, 12:47 AM
Hi ref a fog light - i fitted a 21 watt red bulb into the right hand reverse light socket - adjusted the wiring and its fine for the MOT - and you don't have the Crap light hanging down
cheers
Steve

edalseel
05/02/2009, 11:08 AM
Hi Lee, glad to hear you're up for a meet. Also glad your VX made it safely from Spain. I saw it on Ebay and emailed the seller to ask him to pass my details to the eventual owner (probably didn't).

In the ebay pic I noticed that the rear fog light was on the wrong side for the UK (or so I understand) so you'll probably have to do something to sort out before the next MOT if not already done. I also mentioned to him (seller) should say something any buyer about the light.

Bet you had a real treat and adventure driving it back, and I suspect you and LUD are now firm friends.

Kirk

As you guess correctly no info was passed on to me.

Look forward to meeting up.

edalseel
05/02/2009, 11:20 AM
I have broken my blind spot mirror does anyone know where I an get a replacement?

edalseel
05/10/2009, 10:50 AM
Hi ref a fog light - i fitted a 21 watt red bulb into the right hand reverse light socket - adjusted the wiring and its fine for the MOT - and you don't have the Crap light hanging down
cheers
Steve

Cheers Steve - Job done and looks much better

Greasemonkey
05/16/2009, 10:02 AM
Cheers Steve - Job done and looks much better

Nice - did you find a blind spot mirror - try your local isuzu - make sure you have the chassis number -or jap parts etc
cheers
Steve

alterastro
05/27/2009, 02:57 AM
Well I've rediscovered the Silver VX recently sold by it previous owner in Alderley Edge a couple of weeks ago. It's in Long Eaton, Notts. How do I know? Well today it was put onto Ebay (UK). The Cheshire guy sold it for £2500 (I believe) and it's now two weeks later it's being sold for £4000. The Cheeky Bugger!

I think I bought that, but didn't pay anywhere near that much ;)

Hi all! Pround new owner - now I have a need for mods! But happy to meet and travel within reason.

Cheers

Nick
Coulsdon, Surrey

Gussie2000
05/27/2009, 06:49 AM
Welcome to the VX world.

Wayne1ed
05/24/2013, 06:01 PM
Hi to all the Vehicross owners :-)

My name is Wayne and I want to buy a Vehicross!!!! Ive been looking for months and nothing!
I'm sure you guys are aware they are as rare as hens teeth in the United Kingdom so..... If anyone in the UK is out there and thinking if selling their VX please let me know either by P.M. or 07703382089
:-)
Cheers guys