View Full Version : Pacific Northwest Meet This Spring June 14, 2009

KeithVXlvr
04/14/2009, 03:06 PM
Vx'ers in the Pacific Northwest ( Oregon and Washington - other welcome Idaho, Alaska, California :eek:... )

Lets get a meet together this spring. No big thing, just a chance to get together....

Depending on the interest, we could then pick a place, date, activities (?) etc....

Any interest please sound off.....

Thanks

CrnCnn
04/14/2009, 03:10 PM
What Nevada isn't invited? Sheesh. :)

Bulldoggie
04/14/2009, 08:05 PM
What Nevada isn't invited? Sheesh. :)

Last I heard, there is no border check between Nevada and Oregon.
You could even use the paved highways........
Dry lake beds are fun too.

CrnCnn
04/14/2009, 08:37 PM
You could even use the paved highways........

Whats that???? :bwgy:

KeithVXlvr
04/15/2009, 01:06 PM
CrnCnn,

Keep your left up. :dan_ban:

Float like a banana, Sting like a plantine.

As the little fat lady said in Poltergiest. "all are welcome".:_beer:

KeithVXlvr
04/15/2009, 01:17 PM
Thanks for the replies.:)

I notice most of you have looked at the date and made the usual comments. I actually have never used the "meet" posting before and date was just left on default.

I wasn't sure if there would be any interest so I was just throwing it out there... this idea is for a meet sometime this spring: May, June.....

So at the moment, just taking ideas on locations, activities, etc....

All input is welcome:_beer:

rowhard
04/15/2009, 02:57 PM
Pity some of you couldn't make the dunes with baxman and me, was fun,... kinda. Just be sure to bring a winch, as in cable, not female. Maybe long beach, seaside, something like that, just my 2 cents

Baxman
04/16/2009, 09:58 PM
Count me in. I organized a "NWVX" show & shine in '02 when Tone came for a visit (rest in peace, brother), and again about 2 years later when Moncha Came to Seattle for a visit. We met for lunch at Ivar's Salmon House on Lake Union, then caravanned to Alki for a photo op. In the past ten years I've also organized about 6 or 7 offroad trips. Nice to pass the baton.

KeithVXlvr
04/20/2009, 04:21 PM
All,

Thanks for all the replies etc..... Nice to see some support for the idea.

I am eager and willing to do the "work' to put a meet together but.......

As I have never attended a car meet, ( and hence have obviously never had any part in putting one together ) I would like to get ideas regarding all this.

It would be "our" NWVX-Meet so, please give me input as to:

** Activities
** Locations
** Time of day
** Meals
** Etc....

Could it me as simple as, "Hey everyone, meet in Portland at such and such location and well meet each other and get to see other VX's and maybe those who want to can go to lunch".

Or is it ,more along the lines of, Meet in Portland, lodging has been set up with such and such hotel, meals are set up at such and such restaurant, we will have a raffle and prizes and awards for best VX, Highest lift, craziest MOD, etc ???

I really would like to get input so we can have a NWVX-Meet that fulfills expectations and has everyone saying, "Great, see you next year!"

rowhard
04/20/2009, 04:26 PM
Well, since it is summer time, well, it is today here in Olympia, How about someplace like Long Beach, kind in the middle, plenty of places to eat and drink, sand to play in. Maybe someone can design a VX kite to fly. For sure, a bunch of VX's playing in the sand would draw some attention.

Bulldoggie
04/21/2009, 01:52 PM
Well, since it is summer time, well, it is today here in Olympia, How about someplace like Long Beach, kind in the middle, plenty of places to eat and drink, sand to play in. Maybe someone can design a VX kite to fly. For sure, a bunch of VX's playing in the sand would draw some attention.

Long Beach :thumbup:

I'm busy with soccer on Saturdays till May 16th

don moore
04/21/2009, 02:03 PM
Long Beach ..sounds good....i have saterdays and sundays off..we can close the deli at 5 and head up on a friday night....and head back later sunday.

rowhard
04/21/2009, 03:07 PM
Long Beach ..sounds good....i have saterdays and sundays off..we can close the deli at 5 and head up on a friday night....and head back later sunday.

I like the idea of coming up Saturday morning and spending a Saturday night, maybe even two nights.

Riff Raff
04/22/2009, 03:33 AM
Thought I'd "re-bump" this thread for "AK FALCO"

AK Falco
04/22/2009, 12:08 PM
Thanks riff..... still working out the "Search Bugs". I am down for a meet.

Baxman
04/23/2009, 09:42 PM
Ingredients for a good meet are:

A meeting place at the geographic center of attendees
Good, inexpensive food where we can be a little loud w/o disturbing others
A large parking lot or open area for showing off VXs w/o blocking traffic
Located for an easy one-day trip for outlyers (Not too far from I-5)
A good backdrop for photo op

Long Beach is beautiful and fun, but would be a entire weekend event that would be more complicated with lodging, meals and family considerations. Attendance would be lower. I think it depends on if we want a more mundane meeting place with more participants, or the converse. Just my $.02

don moore
04/23/2009, 09:46 PM
portland...OMSI.<--tour on the sub...ZOO..<--look at animals.. mkminville oregon..<--big planes(sprucegoose and stuff..Columbia GOURGE<-----cool cruise and wild waterfalls...Just my .02

KeithVXlvr
04/24/2009, 10:00 AM
Thanks for the input. It is all good info.

I also feel we need to keep the meeting location close to I-5. Make it a central location that participants can drive to in a couple hours.

I hate to say it but, around the Portland area may be the most central - considering those from Seattle and those from southern oregon would then need to drive a couple hours each. ( I konw that sounds self-serving, since I live in Portland but, it is not ment to be.)

We could meet at say 10:00 ~ 11:00 a.m. then go on a "drive" locally to some off-road places and hit a late lunch at a McMenamins Pub. Large rooms and noise is no problem: cheap good food and beer !!!

After that participants could still get home by late afternoon / early evening depending on where they came from. We could also have the meal at one of the McMenamins that offer lodging and those who wish to stay could get a room there and not worry about the drinking driving issue.

Let me know if the above sounds reasonable ( as a basic out-line ) and then we can get started on activities: Off-Road location, where to eat, etc.....

Input requested - all ideas welcome - we are brainstorming here so keep it coming. :)

KeithVXlvr
04/24/2009, 10:37 AM
Thanks for the PM. Your input is well taken. I tried to respond but my e-mail seems to have some bug at the moment....

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks and that I tried to respond.

Keep the input coming !!!!!!

rowhard
04/24/2009, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the PM. Your input is well taken. I tried to respond but my e-mail seems to have some bug at the moment....

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks and that I tried to respond.

Keep the input coming !!!!!!

Ah, no worries, just wanted to share what I ran into when I tried it.

Portland area is fine by me, but not being from there, wouldn't have a clue or idea on what/where/when. As Baxman indicated in the other thread, I am more show then go so any serious off-roading would be viewed from a distant's by me.

rowhard
04/27/2009, 07:13 PM
bump

Bulldoggie
04/27/2009, 07:22 PM
For the Portland area, I think the Old scenic Highway, in the gorge,
has many good photo opportunities.

KeithVXlvr
05/01/2009, 09:46 AM
Hello all,

Just bumping the thread so you know this is still on.

I am going to get out this weekend to look for a site where we can get off road - a little during the NWVX Meet. ( I mean heck, we all have these great Vehicles so, I think we need to get them a little dusty.):)

The old Gorge highway is a fine idea.

At this point the basic outline is as follows:

Meet in late morning in the Portland area, go on a drive (a little off road) stop for lunch, give Riff Raff an award for speaking his mind with no filter ( I love that guy!! ) then everybody can take off for home and be there by late afternoon.

Working on some more activities etc... and starting to think about dates.. I like Saturday because it will leave us all with our Sunday free.

Any more input ???

AK Falco
05/01/2009, 12:58 PM
Maby us northern guys could meet up at Riff Raff's "Longhorn" and caravan down. ! :cool: 4 or 5 VX's driving down I 5. Yea....... we could turn some heads.;)

KeithVXlvr
05/01/2009, 02:41 PM
Great Idea !!

rowhard
05/01/2009, 06:08 PM
give Riff Raff an award for speaking his mind with no filter ( I love that guy!! )

did I miss something:confused:

Riff Raff
05/01/2009, 06:12 PM
Keith--- I just found a cool website: www.Trails.com At the website you can specify "off-highway" (off-road) trails, and it will show an aerial view of WA & OR with various "icons" for different off-highway trails.

After a very quick search, I found one that may be of interest and somewhat centrally located to VX'ers in both WA & OR. It is "MARBLE MOUNTAINS" (Cougar, WA). Take I-5 Exit #21 (Woodland, WA - last chance for gas) to WA-503 (East) to Nf-90 (East) to Nf-25 (North) to Nf-25 (West - to moutain top dead-end/turn around point). According to the website, it's a 10.8 mile off-road venture with moderate degree of difficulty for 4WD's (pretty easy). The forest road is nestled inbetween Mt. St. Helens & Mt. Adams with spectacular views. Just an example for ya'.

Wherever we decide to go for our 1-day outing, it should be fairly close to a major freeway like I-5 (preferably) or I-84 or major connecting highway, etc. This will allow people to get home in a timely manner afterwards (very important). "Sunday's" would work best for me (I can't make any Saturday due to work).

rowhard
05/01/2009, 10:53 PM
WOW, that is one fine site you have come across. Thanks

don moore
05/01/2009, 10:54 PM
portland is fine ..gorge is great with the waterfalls..what ever im in... and a convoy going north up I5 would look good ...even the out of the area guys (nevada) could come up to my place the day before :oand stay the night.. then go up the next day..

KeithVXlvr
05/04/2009, 01:12 PM
All,

It looks like the:

PN
VX
Meet

Will be on a Sunday, Sunday Sunday !!!!

Basic outline:

Meet in mid-morning 10:30 - 11:00 in the Portland area.

Wait around for late arrivals, say hello, shake hands, hand out maps of the course etc...

Go on a drive: mostly on-road and some off-road (basically a flat dirt field with some mud, rocks and climbs.. never need to shift out of TOD.

Stop for lunch where there is parking for everybody, space for photo ops etc...

Hand out ballots for lunch awards... Catagories like: Best hair, most likely to break their VX off-roading, best muffler sound, farthest travel distance to attend, most useless modification over $100.00, etc.. ( These awards are supposed to be meaningless and stupid, so suggestions are welcome )

Eat lunch and drink beer - hand out awards.

From there we can finish lunch and head home.

As we all know, there will be no way to get a date that works best for everybody so, PLEASE respond to the below

Sunday, May 24th
Sumday, June 7th
Sunday, June 14th
Sunday June 21st.

Let me know which days you can attend, not which day you prefer....... So respond to all dates if they are all acceptable. The date that gets the most attendees will be the date... it is that simple.

Thanks,

Bulldoggie
05/04/2009, 03:35 PM
Best that I can tell;
Any of the above dates will work for me.

rowhard
05/04/2009, 03:49 PM
any Sunday works for me as long as I am in bed early, have a 3:30am wake up call

Riff Raff
05/04/2009, 05:56 PM
Keith--- I'd say Sunday, 21 June. Just because that date is the farthest out and allows the most time for final event planning and/or trip modification. One thing you should consider-- many of the VX'ers are traveling great distances (over 2 hours each way). Therefore, the event should be spectacular and very meaningful; and not just a quick "how ya' doing" and then "good-bye" (these are only successful if people live within 30 minutes to each other). People who have to travel many miles and allocate a lot of their personal time, and gas money will be really pissed-off if the event is not worthwhile, and highly likely not participate in any future event(s).

That's why I recommended www.Trails.com as a possible source for event planning. Please consider the "MARBLE MOUNTAIN" trip as a possibilty. For example: We could all meet in Woodland, WA (I-5, Exit #21) and have lunch, photo shoot, top-off gas & check-oil, hand-out route map flyer, and then all convoy to Marble Mountains. The lead VX and the kaboose VX should both have a walkie-talkie in case of a middle VX convoy break-down to prevent the other lead VX's from simply driving away.

If we do go on any "off-road/off-highway" adventure, then the actual off-road site should be re-conned by a VX'er first (extremely important). This will ensure we have a familiar "lead trail-head" VX'er to actually lead the convoy as a tour guide (because they've re-conned the site beforehand) and we are not just traveling blindly into unchartered waters waiting for something bad to happen. By doing a site re-con beforehand may determine that the route is too difficult, too dangerous and unworthy of a possible selection; thereby, eliminating it as a possible choice. You won't actually know unless a pre-site re-con is performed first.

I would recommend that since you live very close to Woodland, WA (I-5, Exit #21), that perhaps you can first do a "re-con" of the actual site of Marble Mountains beforehand as pre-event planning. In that way, you'd know the route, know the difficulty of terrain, and keep track of "total time of event" (from start to finish). You'd then be able to make out an accurate event time-line schedule, so that we'd all return back to the starting point of Woodland, WA before darkness (very important).

Then we could all once again re-meet in Woodland, WA just before final good-byes (top-off gas & check oil again) and very quickly organize a "Southbound I-5 mini-convoy" & a "Northbound I-5 mini-convoy". This will allow the other VX'ers to convoy together (either South or North) on their way home as a combined group, and then just exit I-5 as they approach their own personal home exit. This would be the frosting on the cake-- kinda' like "fighter jets peeling-off from formation" as they approach their own I-5 exit for home departure (way cool).

If you need help in event planning, just let me know. I won't be able to actually drive a re-con route with you, but I can give you pointers to help organize the event using a time-line schedule method. This will then determine the actually start-time/end-time based upon the total time for all event components (lunch, photo shoot, gas-up, road-trip & return, etc). Riff Raff

JGeorge264
05/04/2009, 08:39 PM
I'll have to pass on this one as I work Sundays. I'm not familiar with the Marble Mountain trail but I know that the Ape Caves and the Petrafied Forest (both pretty cool places) are right in that area also. There are quite a few picnic areas up there and a lot of beautiful scenery.
If I remember right its about 1/2 hr. drive from Woodland.

don moore
05/04/2009, 08:49 PM
ok ..im In ....1 day 2 days ..the wife is a singer and well look at the times she has concerts ..so far the 21st looks good... let me now what the deal is ..ill be there.:cool:

JGeorge264
05/04/2009, 08:53 PM
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/ape_caves_042.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=13862)
This is where a tree was when the hot lava from the volcano came down the mountain. It was so hot that it burned the tree inside as the lava cooled off outside. You can crawl thru the tunnels and go down inside where trees used to stand.
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/ape_caves_017.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=13860)
the entrance into the Ape Caves. The caves were formed by the volcano hundreds of years ago.
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/ape_caves_018.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=13861)
inside the caves,, it's chilly and you need to bring a lantern.

don moore
05/04/2009, 09:02 PM
looks like the caves would be fun
:p

AK Falco
05/04/2009, 09:21 PM
any given sunday........ except the 24th.:smilegray

Riff Raff
05/05/2009, 02:59 AM
I'll have to pass on this one as I work Sundays. I'm not familiar with the Marble Mountain trail but I know that the Ape Caves and the Petrafied Forest (both pretty cool places) are right in that area also. There are quite a few picnic areas up there and a lot of beautiful scenery.
If I remember right its about 1/2 hr. drive from Woodland.

Holy cow, JGeorge264 (Vancouver, WA) and Keith (Portland, OR)--- you two guys live in sister cities!!! Perhaps, the two of you can get together and do a site pre-recon together. Since JGeorge can't make a Sunday, then maybe a site pre-recon/pre-event planning could be done on a Saturday together with just Keith. Sweeeeeeet!!!

I really don't care what the event is; just make it special and memorable. If you want the event focused towards the VX and VX driving, then make a VX driving related trip like to Marble Mountains where we can follow each other up a off-road trail. The off-road trail doesn't have to be rugged or difficult to traverse; it just has to be a off-road trail so we can get that "outdoor feeling". If you want to make the event a sight-seeing exhibit get together where people have to walk or hike (rather than drive VX), then perhaps the caves or petrified forest might be an option. It all depends upon the event "focus"; non-driving the VX (hike/walk) OR a driving the VX experience as a group.

I do have a very strong hunch that WOODLAND, WA (I-5, Exit #21) would be a perfect initial meeting location with easy on/off access to I-5 (extremely important). Keeping the initial meeting place location simple is a key to success and will help prevent people from initially getting lost. Perhaps there is a nice family-style restaurant with a seperate private banquet room in Woodland, WA that could serve as our initial meeting place for eats, formal introductions, and pre-event discussion/orientation. Pre-reservations with the restaurant should be made as more precise details develop. A quick face-to-face visit with the Restaurant Manager (Woodland, WA) to discuss possible ideas/options will greatly help in planning/organization.

jims585
05/05/2009, 09:59 AM
Interested in going, but will have to be in June date unimportant.

don moore
05/05/2009, 10:02 AM
hey jims..long time.i think its june 21st so far ....maybe you can swing over here and we can go together..??

KeithVXlvr
05/05/2009, 10:54 AM
Riff Raff,

Thanks for your input. You are thinking in the same vein as I am. All your points have been bouncing around my head for about two weeks.

That is why I have been asking for input this entire time. Trying to get an idea of what the participants would be looking for in the event.

Let's make the date June 21st and keep developing the meet.

Thanks to all and keep the input coming. :)

JAFO
05/05/2009, 01:20 PM
Just checking in. Any time is good for me as long as it is not July 10 thru 12. The Portland Historic Races at PIR www.portlandhistorics.com.

Baxman
05/05/2009, 05:47 PM
Trying to include too many activities may not work, especialy given our limited time. Off-roading is fun, but without radios or CBs it will be socially isolating. When I take a road trip, like to the Gorge, I like to detail my VX first, especially if I'm going to be meeting fellow VX'rs. After having done that, I'm not likely to drive around in a "dirt field", especially if I won't be airing down, using 4-Lo, and facing some challenging obstacles.

IMHO, this meet S/B a Show & Shine, then members who are interested can organize a real trail ride like Nachez Pass, Tilamook NF, Florence dunes...

Either way, I'll go along w/the majority. June 21 is out for me - it's Fathers Day and my HUGE extended family will be at my place.

KeithVXlvr
05/06/2009, 09:39 AM
Hmmm,

Not having kids myself I never thought about the 21st being Father's day.

Perhaps we should move to June 14th.

I have sent out over 20 PM's to others from Oregon and Washington listed on this site - in addition to those who are active on this thread. It seems to be that the attendance will be about 8 - 12 ( or so) actual Vx's.

Althought I agree with Riff Raff, in that a full trail tour would be an awsome event, however, I have seen more response leaning toward a simpler more on-road event.

Considering the travel time from Eugene @ 2 hrs, and the travel time from Seattle @2.5 hrs. Those who need to travel are already commited to 4 ~ 5 hrs in the car.

I have spent the last couple of weekends driving around searching for a route that would be a scenic on-road, (with some off road opportunity for those who wish to partake) with a nice restaurant that accepts reservations and has large tables to accomodate everyone, parking lot etc...

The original idea being that we could get together, meet, see other VX's and what people have done with them etc...

I think we should stay in the PDX "area" - gorge run, lunch etc. Anything more that is too much to ask.

BAXMAN, you are back in

don moore
05/06/2009, 11:15 AM
ok the 14th...lol;)

Baxman
05/06/2009, 04:07 PM
Thanks for your accomodation, Keith. I hope that the 14th is a good date for most.

Idea: Meet at an easy to find location just off I-84 in Troutdale (like Krugers Truck stop). Then caravan on the Old Scenic Highway to Crown Point and the Women's Forum viewpoint for the VX show and tell, and photos. Big parking lot and amazing views. On the way back, dinner at Tad's Chicken & Dumplings, or some other place in Troutdale.

Ben KVX
05/06/2009, 07:13 PM
I'm in for the 14th, I'll probably come up on the 13th, would like to see the volcanic stuff. Could someone send some directions? Thanks.

rowhard
05/06/2009, 07:44 PM
works for me

AK Falco
05/06/2009, 07:50 PM
I'm in for the 14 th! oh YA..................................

Baxman
05/10/2009, 04:11 PM
I thought of another advantage to meeting in Troutdale. If there are any wives or girlfriends who really aren't into the VX meet thing, they can spend a couple of hours at the Factory Outlet Mall there while we go out to the Gorge and back.

KeithVXlvr
05/13/2009, 09:33 AM
All,

I am so sorry to report that I am out of the event. :mad:

I do not want to get too deep into it but, a family illness will be requiring my attention and has now taken all my weekends. I can’t give this event the proper attention and time in organization, etc…

In the long run all should be fine but, for the foreseeable future, I will have my attentions drawn elsewhere.

I hope you can all keep the event going without me.

Regrets,

jims585
05/13/2009, 10:15 AM
Don that sounds like it cpuld be a good idea. I have to go that way so it wouldn't be out of the way.

Riff Raff
05/13/2009, 12:30 PM
All,

I am so sorry to report that I am out of the event. :mad:

I do not want to get too deep into it but, a family illness will be requiring my attention and has now taken all my weekends. I can’t give this event the proper attention and time in organization, etc…

In the long run all should be fine but, for the foreseeable future, I will have my attentions drawn elsewhere.

I hope you can all keep the event going without me.

Regrets,

Keith--- I am so sorry to hear the bad news. I wish you and your relatives the very best and sincerely hope for a speedy, healthful outcome.

In the meantime, I will help do my part to pick-up-the-football and offer assistance in the planning of the event in your absence. Perhaps, as a group effort; we can still pull this off and/or modify the event to everyone's liking.

Again, my deepest sympathy to you and to the members of your family and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Riff Raff

AK Falco
05/13/2009, 04:04 PM
too bad keith.:( sorry.. If our official date is the 14 the lets put it in the upcoming events calendar. (how do we do that?):o

Baxman
05/18/2009, 10:11 PM
Best wishes for a full recovery for your family member, Keith.

Like I said about 50 posts back, I was looking forward to passing the "VX meet baton". No one has picked up where Keith left off. I will organize a simple meet, but only if there is interest.

If you are on-board for a meet June 14 please confim here with your hometown, even if you have already rsvp'd above.

don moore
05/18/2009, 10:13 PM
im still in ..the 14th eugene oregon

rowhard
05/19/2009, 09:11 AM
im still in ..the 14th eugene oregon

ditto here, Olympia, WA

AK Falco
05/19/2009, 03:59 PM
the 14th. Arlington wa.

JAFO
05/19/2009, 04:17 PM
6/14/2009 McMinnville, OR

AK Falco
05/19/2009, 04:18 PM
Thank you to Moncha for fixing the date and adding us to the events calender. need to re-RSVP.

Baxman
05/19/2009, 09:33 PM
Well, That makes five. Not a great showing for two states, but I'm willing. Maybe we can encourage others to make it, too.

Sunday, June 14 meet at the Premium Factory Outlet Mall just off I-84 In Troutdale at 10 am. We'll chat & show while waiting for stragglers. Leave by 11 for The Portland Women's Forum State Park (a scenic Viewpoint with a killer view) via the Old Scenic Highway. The highway was built with picks and shovels by the Civilian Conservation Corps during the Great Depression and is considered an engineering marvel. More show and tell at the viewpoint, and pictures. If there's time, we could continue east to Crown Point and Multnomah Falls. Return to Troutdale by 3pm for a late lunch/early dinner at historic Tad's Chicken and Dumplings http://www.tadschicdump.com/ on the Sandy River. Not too far from the Outlet Mall if any shoppers need to be picked up before dinner.

That should get even the most distant VX'r home at a decent hour, despite fighting Sunday evening traffic.

don moore
05/19/2009, 10:34 PM
looks good to me baxman..oh better put your name on the list...ill be there..

rowhard
05/20/2009, 05:28 AM
What happened to the original thread stated by KeithVXlvr, though there was more repondes there

Bulldoggie
05/20/2009, 11:40 AM
I'll have to pass on this one as I work Sundays. .

I heard there is a lot of flu going around :clap:

rowhard
05/20/2009, 11:27 PM
For those attending that don't know where the factory outlet stores are located, here is a map quest link to it.
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Washougal&1s=WA&1y=US&1l=45.582802&1g=-122.352203&1v=CITY&2c=Troutdale&2s=OR&2pn=Premium+Factory+Outlet+Mall#a/search/l:::Troutdale:OR::US:45.539398:-122.386101:city:Multnomah+County:1/m::16:45.543098:-122.389667:0:::::/so:Premium+Factory+Outlet+Mall:::r::25::::1:/e

don moore
05/23/2009, 09:44 AM
good post ROWHARD......I cant wait

rowhard
05/23/2009, 09:46 AM
good post ROWHARD......I cant wait

your welcome Don. Have made reservations already to spend the night before. I will bring the Tone Tee shirts then, Been laid up at home all week with this shoulder issue and never got out to mail them.

don moore
05/23/2009, 09:50 AM
ok ..sounds good ..I better start shining up the fangs..

Travelin2
05/24/2009, 08:07 AM
I RSVPD for a go on this meet. I had to back out on BAXMANS last meet and feel bad about that. My part on the Hood Canal floating bridge should be done by the 14 th so I checked yes with my fingers crossed. We are looking forward to meeting other people with the VX affliction.

Baxman
05/25/2009, 04:21 PM
looking forward to meeting other people with the VX affliction.

:laughgray Definitely pertains to all of us here.

Hope you can make it, Travelin.

AK Falco
05/26/2009, 09:53 PM
We are looking forward to meeting other people with the VX affliction.

affliction = addiction.

:razzgray:

rowhard
05/30/2009, 06:32 AM
bump-de-bump

don moore
05/30/2009, 10:48 AM
Two Weeks....two Weeks

rowhard
05/30/2009, 03:54 PM
Two Weeks....two Weeks
Oh boy:gring:

rowhard
05/30/2009, 05:02 PM
Sandy and I are coming down on Friday night, do a little (very) sightseeing, find the closes car wash and be shiny come Sunday. :cool:

don moore
05/30/2009, 05:10 PM
cant wait... 2 weeks... im trying to get the others involved in the area..well se ..Karen and I will be there.

Bulldoggie
05/30/2009, 11:23 PM
Mine will be the ugly dirty one
a tree w/pitch takes care of the outside, kids take care of the inside
I hope to fix the idle, (idle air control valve) it acts up in hot weather. very hot today, good for me, bad for VX. It acts up rarely, but when it does...:_mecker:
Still have the low flow EGR, more often than not, at least I fixed the leaking drain plug on the tranny (flushed too)
so mine will be the worst performing, camera shy, VX present :_crying:

don moore
05/30/2009, 11:36 PM
hey bulldoggie ..lets convoy up there together..if you want:p

Bulldoggie
05/30/2009, 11:56 PM
hey bulldoggie ..lets convoy up there together..if you want:p

Are you going up on Saturday, or racing up Sunday early?

I haven't made up my mind yet :smack:

don moore
05/31/2009, 12:33 AM
was thinkin sun morn....:)

Bulldoggie
05/31/2009, 06:48 AM
was thinkin sun morn....:)

We could meet at the cafe @ I-5 and 34?

AK Falco
05/31/2009, 09:15 AM
what happened to Riff Raff? haven't seen him in a while on here?:confused:

totallto
05/31/2009, 09:57 AM
Maby us northern guys could meet up at Riff Raff's "Longhorn" and caravan down. ! :cool: 4 or 5 VX's driving down I 5. Yea....... we could turn some heads.;)

Yeah, I would like to caravan on down!
Would like to meet Riff Raff too

rowhard
05/31/2009, 11:00 AM
AJ, good to see you make an appearance

don moore
05/31/2009, 08:41 PM
We could meet at the cafe @ I-5 and 34?
ok sound great.....now if i knew were that was ...lol
and what about time..730ish
you know my number is 541-513-0278:p

Riff Raff
05/31/2009, 09:50 PM
Washington State "CONVOY -SOUTH" - TACOMA, WA

I-5, Exit #122, West-side (Madigan Army Hosp. Exit)

Breakfast @ 6:30 AM (Eat; Gas; & Go)
Depart @ 7:30 AM "SHARP" - No Excuses.

Meet at:

Gertie's Restaurant (Cheap & Famous for their "Breakfast")
15417 Union Ave., S.W.
Tillicum, WA 98498
(253) 588-7131

Easy-On/Easy-Off with Chevron Gas next to restaurant.
Look for Bright-Yellow Proton VX parked at exit I-5, Exit #122

Riff Raff
06/01/2009, 04:25 PM
Thought I'd "bump" this thread for VXGirlie01

VXGirlie01
06/01/2009, 04:47 PM
Awww man! I need to get on here more often! I can't believe that I'm going to miss this! I have something with the Porsche Club that I'm committed to doing on the 14th already.

Driving season has kicked in for the exotics car world and I've been busy doing car shows, parades, track days, photoshoots, etc! My poor little VX would loved to have done this event with you guys!

Thank you so much for thinking of me. If there is any way that I can get out of the PCA thing.....I'll definately come and join the fun! :thumbup:

rowhard
06/01/2009, 07:13 PM

Meet at:

Gertie's Restaurant (Cheap & Famous for their "Breakfast")
15417 Union Ave., S.W.
Tillicum, WA 98498
(253) 588-7131

Easy-On/Easy-Off with Chevron Gas next to restaurant.
Look for Bright-Yellow Proton VX parked at exit I-5, Exit #122

Will see you down there. Sandy and I are going down Friday night

Baxman
06/01/2009, 08:11 PM
Riff Raff, If I leave Sunday, Ill see you at Gerties. Still don't know if I'll be going "stag" and jetting down & back on Sunday, or if my wife &/or daughter will be along for a more leisurely weekend trip with Saturday departure.

VXGirlie: I wonder if you know my brother, Michael. He's a driving instructor for the Porsche club. Races a blue 911 Turbo towed by a Cayenne.

AK Falco
06/01/2009, 08:48 PM

ok. 630. am

Riff Raff
06/02/2009, 09:42 PM
Thought I'd bump this thread for "MarjieJ" in Lakewood, WA.

don moore
06/02/2009, 10:01 PM
ok... Bulldoggie and I will meet at a truck stop at I5 and hwy 34 at 730am then convoy up to PTLD....

Riff Raff
06/03/2009, 09:40 AM
Thought I'd bump this thread for "MarjieJ" in Lakewood, WA.

x2

Bulldoggie
06/03/2009, 09:07 PM
ok... Bulldoggie and I will meet at a truck stop at I5 and hwy 38 at 730am then convoy up to PTLD....

That is I-5 and hwy 34
not sure where 38 is
:thumbup:

don moore
06/03/2009, 09:11 PM
what are you talking about :confused:..you must have the old memo we moved it to hwy 34:p

Riff Raff
06/03/2009, 09:13 PM
That is I-5 and hwy 34
not sure where 38 is
:thumbup:

Bulldoggie--- It's located right after Hwy-37, and before Hwy-39. LOL (sorry, I couldn't resist)

don moore
06/03/2009, 09:21 PM
Bulldoggie--- It's located right after Hwy-37, and before Hwy-39. LOL (sorry, I couldn't resist)
oh thanks for clearing that up.. but thats what I would expect from a :)proton:):smilegray

AK Falco
06/03/2009, 09:28 PM
you know 38 39 40!!! over the hill!:smilewink

Bulldoggie
06/04/2009, 01:33 PM
Directions for those coming from the state of Washington;

When you cross the big river, turn left.

When you come to the next river, stop.
:clap:

Riff Raff
06/04/2009, 04:37 PM
Thanx for the heads-up. I'll make sure I have my "snorkel kit" installed, so I can traverse the river.

mikemol
06/05/2009, 03:04 PM
I'd like to join you all (I'm from Vancouver Canada) but I just brought my VX through the border today and will need to take it through inspections and then I'll have to put it in my garage for the rest of the summer. I will only get it insured at the end of August when my wife comes back from her vocation. I don't want to pay insurance on two cars when I'm the only one who is going to be home for most of the summer. We may come though (my wife, our son and I) but it would be on our new VX if it's ok. I love that area and have a friend in Troutdale whom I haven't seen for 13 years. It would be great to do both at the same time.

Riff Raff
06/05/2009, 05:46 PM
FOR SALE:

18x7" OEM 2000/2001 Wheels - Set of 4, Good Condition. $300 Cash for full set. (Will not separate).

Will bring with me in boxes to the meet on 14 June.
Wheels Only (No Center Caps).

rowhard
06/05/2009, 07:29 PM
but it would be on our new VX if it's ok. I love that area and have a friend in Troutdale whom I haven't seen for 13 years. It would be great to do both at the same time.

If you think you might make it to the meet, will try and knock out a front skid plate for you to at least check out and see. Let me know for sure if your coming. Will need at least a weeks notice to make it.

mikemol
06/05/2009, 07:41 PM
I would like to make it and I asked my wife if she's working that weekend and got an answer - "sure I'm not working, we are going to our friends' wedding". It's on Saturday in Seattle area but we have a room already booked for us for Saturday and Sunday. I totally forgot about it. I don't think we'll come but if I'll talk her into getting up early Sunday to go to Portland we may show up.

to Rowhard - don't plan on me coming to the meet as the chances are low, I'll probably drive to you once I'm ready to buy the skid plate.

Riff Raff
06/05/2009, 07:52 PM
MIKEMOL--- When you're in Seattle; if you can depart your Motel NLT 6:45AM on Sunday morning, then you will be able to meet-up with our VX-CONVOY at I-5, Exit #122 (Madigan Army Hosp. Exit). The VX-CONVOY will depart I-5, Exit #122 (Southbound) at 7:30AM "Sharp".

Travelin2
06/05/2009, 08:11 PM
I sure hope it is a warm day cuz I just got my window brackets installed and all tuned up and I can't quit rolling my windows up and down!:)

mikemol
06/05/2009, 08:43 PM
MIKEMOL--- When you're in Seattle; if you can depart your Motel NLT 6:45AM on Sunday morning, then you will be able to meet-up with our VX-CONVOY at I-5, Exit #122 (Madigan Army Hosp. Exit). The VX-CONVOY will depart I-5, Exit #122 (Southbound) at 7:30AM "Sharp".

Thanks,
Our friends rented a place in their appartment complex for us and we have plans for both Saturday and Sunday so I will have to do lots of convincing talking to talk my wife into leaving on Sunday morning. So if we make it - great, if not - it will have to be the next west-pacific meet - I think I'll be on my VX then.

The OC Proton
06/07/2009, 08:27 AM
I would be very interested in Long Beach or Seaside. Especially since i live in the Long Beach area and my VX Proton is very well known! But nobody here has seen other VX's.

rowhard
06/07/2009, 11:15 AM
I would be very interested in Long Beach or Seaside. Especially since i live in the Long Beach area and my VX Proton is very well known! But nobody here has seen other VX's.

meeting place has been set. Look at thread number 62 on page 5

rowhard
06/08/2009, 01:46 PM
high around 75 with a slight chance for showers on Sunday

Baxman
06/09/2009, 09:54 PM
high around 75 with a slight chance for showers on Sunday

Perfect!

I've had my VX for almost 10 years now. I've added so many mods over the years, I can't keep track of them. I sat down and made a list, a VX resume of sorts. I encourage others to do the same and leave your "resume" on your VX with a magnet or piece of tape for others to see during "show & shine". With ~11 participants, not everyone will be able to hear about your mods.

BTY, if all who have RSVP'd make it, it will be a record for a PNW meet. LAVX'rs still own the record at, I think, 27.

don moore
06/09/2009, 09:58 PM
this should be fun..
:p

rowhard
06/10/2009, 04:47 AM
But remember, it is the Pacific Northwest, Forecast are only good for 3 hours:bwgr:

KeithVXlvr
06/10/2009, 01:22 PM
If I show up am I still allowed ??

Riff Raff
06/10/2009, 01:38 PM

Is a frog's @ss watertight??? Hell, yeah!!!

Plus, we all want to drool over your new Kilby Enterprises "belly-pan" skid plates (so hose 'em off clean).

Riff Raff
06/10/2009, 01:41 PM
FOR SALE:

18x7" OEM 2000/2001 Wheels - Set of 4, Good Condition. $300 Cash for full set. (Will not separate).

Just a reminder.

KeithVXlvr
06/10/2009, 03:06 PM
Thanks, Riff Raff.

I'll see if I can swing it.. If not, you can all stop by my place for a beer.

rowhard
06/10/2009, 03:40 PM
Thanks, Riff Raff.

I'll see if I can swing it.. If not, you can all stop by my place for a beer.

Keith, you have the Riff Raff approved belly pan?? You bet I will show up, I want to see the competition:p

yea right.

Of course we, or at least me will stop by if for nothing more then a hand shake and a crawl under.

Of course a brewski would be nice, A shot of Kentucky's finest would be even better.

Please do a map quest or something we can plug into the GPS unit's

don moore
06/10/2009, 07:21 PM
did you hear that BREW is on Keith..kool this will be fun..

rowhard
06/10/2009, 07:49 PM
did you hear that BREW is on Keith..kool this will be fun..

Works for me:_beer:

KeithVXlvr
06/11/2009, 09:53 AM
Sounds like I better show up with a cooler in the back. :)

rowhard
06/11/2009, 02:19 PM
Sounds like I better show up with a cooler in the back. :)

see my last thread

KeithVXlvr
06/11/2009, 02:57 PM
What??

You mean I should show up with a 5th of Pendleton ??

see my last thread

Baxman
06/11/2009, 04:11 PM

Hope you can make it Keith, the meet never would have made it off the ground had it not been for your efforts!

rowhard
06/11/2009, 07:14 PM
What??

You mean I should show up with a 5th of Pendleton ??

Kentucky's finest, not Oregon's finest

you can't drink wool,.... can you:confused:

Riff Raff
06/11/2009, 08:25 PM

No, but if you're really lonely at night it helps; especially if you close your eyes or it's dark. Here sheepy, sheepy!!! Here sheepy, sheepy!!!

don moore
06/11/2009, 09:06 PM
That was so BAA AA AA AA AA AAD...

PK
06/11/2009, 10:13 PM
No, but if you're really lonely at night it helps; especially if you close your eyes or it's dark. Here sheepy, sheepy!!! Here sheepy, sheepy!!!

Riff Raff, I didn't realise you are a Kiwi..:winkr::winkp::winko:

PK

Ldub
06/12/2009, 12:40 AM

I dunno...maybe you could aquire a taste for lanolin...:_confused

MAN...I almost barfed, just typing that...;puke:

KeithVXlvr
06/12/2009, 09:03 AM
I'll have you all know that "Pendleton" is made out at Hood River Distillers and it is wonderful.

You don't need to count sheep to get to sleep anymore. :p

rowhard
06/12/2009, 02:20 PM
I'll have you all know that "Pendleton" is made out at Hood River Distillers and it is wonderful.

You don't need to count sheep to get to sleep anymore. :p

Oh, that Pendleton

KeithVXlvr
06/12/2009, 04:36 PM
When poor medical news hits you family you tend to ( over )-react..... but things are mellowing out a bit and should be fine in the long run.

Anyone getting to Portland on Saturday give me a call: 503-710-4137...

Use your handle, as I do not know your names and will never remember. Once you are Riff Raff.... you will always be Riff Raff... :)

AK Falco
06/12/2009, 04:40 PM
it's funny a Canadian whiskey in made in Oregon.

AK Falco
06/12/2009, 04:41 PM
When poor medical news hits you family you tend to ( over )-react..... but things are mellowing out a bit and should be fine in the long run.

Good to hear. illness is no fun when it is long term, .............................................or short term for that matter.:p

Riff Raff
06/13/2009, 06:07 AM
FOR SALE:

By the way-- I will also be bringing two(2) near brand new OEM Bridgestone tires "unmounted" in P245/60R18 for sale. New ones cost $140 each on TireRack. I'll let each tire go for $70 each (a true bargain).

The stock OEM 18x7 wheels (set of 4) I have for sale would be perfect for a "Winter/Studded Snow" tire set in the future. Just swap-out your OEM Center-Caps during season changeover.

don moore
06/13/2009, 08:10 AM
WOW we got pored on this morning.. now i dont have to wash my V.:p see you tomorrow..

AK Falco
06/13/2009, 09:08 PM
get a good night sleep, and see you all tomorrow!

don moore
06/14/2009, 10:41 PM
got my pics from the meet on my gallery...did know how to put them on this thread....

Ldub
06/14/2009, 10:56 PM
got my pics from the meet on my gallery...did know how to put them on this thread....

Don

That box below the smilies (My Pics) when you're in the "reply to thread" screen...or the "edit post" screen
Ckick on the [Open] icon...the rest is easy.

Just remember to hit "enter" between every pic upload...:yes:

Looks like a great time was had by all...you look mighty handsome in that "Tone" T-shirt...:thumbup:

don moore
06/14/2009, 11:03 PM
Looks like a great time was had by all...you look mighty handsome in that "Tone" T-shirt...:thumbup:

You should see me with out a T-shirt.. big boy:p

Ldub
06/14/2009, 11:07 PM
You should see me with out a T-shirt.. big boy:p

PASS!...:eek:...:laughing:

Thanks Don, now I'll have that image rolling around in my head until morning...when I can get to a liquor store...:smilewink

don moore
06/14/2009, 11:10 PM
Im trying to keep your mind fresh in your new job...that sounded wierd.lol:bgwp:

VX KAT
06/14/2009, 11:13 PM

Great pics, a beautiful area! :thumbup: Come on, give us all the names of folks in the "gorge" pic (their forum handles, you know what I mean).

don moore
06/15/2009, 12:06 AM
I sux at names ..but VXLUR..Keith wrote them all down.... ask the wife .i still cant remember her name.thats why I call her babe hunny sweetheart..............I think im coming down with OLDtimers and selective memory loss..
i know we had everyone there but Bulldoggie he had to take care of last min. family stuff .but we did have breakfast together....CHIN up Bulldoggie.

now who was I talking to:confused:

rowhard
06/15/2009, 12:36 AM
now who was I talking to:confused:

Don, (that is your name isn't) don't tell me you suffer from C.R.S. too :confused:

don moore
06/15/2009, 12:50 AM
hey .ROWHARD..you got a sweet ride .....we had a good set of very sweet rides at the meet........tell mrs.ROWHARD hi from my mrs.DON MOORE...thx again..

rowhard
06/15/2009, 04:04 AM
hey .ROWHARD..you got a sweet ride .....we had a good set of very sweet rides at the meet........tell mrs.ROWHARD hi from my mrs.DON MOORE...thx again..

Ahhh, I'll email you about that,... Glad you liked my Dragon

Riff Raff
06/15/2009, 04:47 AM
THANX GANG--- What an awesome fun-filled event!!! Just beautiful scenary and beautiful people. I want to give a special acknowledgement to "KeithVXlvr" for initially having the idea, and for "BAXMAN" who picked up the football and ran with it in order to make this event a success.

Everything went as planned without a snag, and nothing went wrong (no accidents, no tickets, no incidents). Since I own a Tavern; I didn't sleep from the Saturday night before, and was up a solid 30 hours (with the aid of multiple Vivarin Tablets & RedBull). Thanx "ROWHARD" for leading me safely back home to Tacoma in the return convoy. The entire event was truly worth every waking moment!!!

Of special mention-- thanx again to "KeithVXlvr" for showing up to the event at the very last moment even with ongoing family health issues. My best wishes go out to you and your family, and for a speedy recovery.

Since "KeithVXlvr" showed-up, it was the first opportunity for "ROWHARD" and I to actually see the new Kilby Enterprises "belly-pan" skid plates in person. I too, had initially wondered if the high cost of the skid plates were worth it-- however; after seeing the installed K.E. skid-plates in person, they look OEM factory and fit totally flush to the undercarriage without sacrificing any ground clearance. They are worth every penny. I'm so happy my personal efforts were able to bring these literally bullet-proof high quality "belly-pan" skidplates to the VX community. Riff Raff

rowhard
06/15/2009, 05:00 AM
I'll second that about the Kirby bullet proof belly pan. Almost think if you added some spacers between the pan and frame, it could double as rock sliders. IF your serious about off roading, this for sure should be on your short list for consideration.

Will add photos later today, but for sure it was a great time. Thanks Keith for planting the seed, and the Baxman cultivating and harvesting the offerings.

Will work on a off road event, maybe for later this year. Will get together with John, Travelin2 and check out http://www.co.grays-harbor.wa.us/info/orv/index.asp to see if it would be worth organizing.

Brian, glad to see you posting that you were home safe and sound, but not at 0447 today

Moncha
06/15/2009, 08:15 AM
I threw up a category in the Gallery http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/3236
For your pics.. Looks like a great event, good turn out!

AK Falco
06/15/2009, 09:05 AM
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3236/P6141485.JPG

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3236/P6141483.JPG

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3236/P6141487.JPG

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3236/P6141480.JPG

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3236/P6141479.JPG

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3236/P6141476.JPG

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3236/P6141478.JPG

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3236/P6141472.JPG

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3236/P6141468.JPG

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3236/P6141461.JPG

Watch Out for cops!

AK Falco
06/15/2009, 09:07 AM
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3236/P6141457.JPG

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3236/P6141456.JPG

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3236/P6141452.JPG

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3236/P6141451.JPG

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3236/P6141448.JPG

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3236/P6141446.JPG

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3236/P6141445.JPG

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3236/P6141449.JPG

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3236/P6141444.JPG

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3236/P6141436.JPG

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3236/P6141431.JPG

KeithVXlvr
06/15/2009, 09:36 AM
Uh yeah, that was a blast. :clap::jump::clap:

What a great group of people to spend the day with. :cool:

Thank you all for the turn out... what was it 11 VX's ? Pretty damn good.

If you have never been involved in a caravan of VX's before, I urge you all to get a meet together in your local area.... what a great time.

Thanks to everyone and nice to meet you all !!!!!

nfpgasmask
06/15/2009, 10:15 AM
Wow, that is one awesome gathering! That's like a half a Moab's worth of VXes!!! I wish we could get a Nor Cal meet-up like that together. There is just some mysterious gap of folks with VXes from the northern half of Cali...

Bart

Travelin2
06/15/2009, 10:20 AM
Great meet, great weather, great people, great scenery = GREAT TIME. Here are a few of our pics.

Looking up the Columbia River from Crown Point, Beacon Rock in the background.

Heres Rowhard (just call him 'Strap' for short) planning his next piece of devilishness.:)

This is what started the brewhaha with the authorities at Crown Point. Boy, those VXers are trouble makers.

My favorite gal and copilot

TooTallToo mounting up(he did this much faster when the authorities were taking pics of license plates). My shutter speed couldn't catch that.

I don't know how to load these pic correctly so you have click on them to see em. Sorry, I'm of the wrong generation I guess. This was brought home Sunday when I found out I was the only guy there who had owned a rig where you engaged the starter by pushing on a pedal on the floor. I didn't get a chance to check with Riff Raff, he is my only hope of not being hopelessly ancient.

Travelin2
06/15/2009, 10:36 AM
More,
Favorite
Crown Point...again

RiffRaff and Travelin

Wildest wheels, belonged to TooTallToo.

AKFalcon and wife,the youngest couple there and the future of VXing.

JGeorge264
06/15/2009, 10:49 AM
Looks like great fun! Wish I could have been there :(

handeeman
06/15/2009, 01:44 PM
I've looked at all the great pictues. Sure makes me wish I could retire now I'd love to visit members of the family all over the country at the different meets. Oh,and I remember the starter being on the floor, so am I ancient or what LOL?

rowhard
06/15/2009, 01:45 PM
This is what started the brewhaha with the authorities at Crown Point. Boy, those VXers are trouble makers.

Hey, there were 2 bus drivers there, doesn't that count:confused:

KeithVXlvr
06/15/2009, 02:24 PM
:argue: :_mecker:

You can't park there, you can't park there !!!

That area is for buses only. My boss will write tickets !!!

" Well what are you going to do about ??? "

19 and 1/2 munites later........... it was a Chinese VX fire-drill. Half of us went down hill the other half went up hill... Looked like a bunch of tennagers taking off from a "kegger' being closed down by the cops. :_cop: :_steering

Funny !!!!

We finally got all rounded up and the day went on as planned...

VX's sure are a pack or hell raisers.:bgwb::bgwo::bgwg: :evil:

Riff Raff
06/15/2009, 04:16 PM
:dan_ban:

don moore
06/15/2009, 06:42 PM
That was funny ..The young girl in the Ranger Smith outfit ....BUSSES ONLY.. as we all pulled up and backed into position.. hehe
then later she sent our a short guy in a RANGER Smith outfit.. with a camera...lol
I nerver heard any of the conflick but i saw hands doing the NO signal and jaws flaping....
I saw him and Ill I wanted to say is
."Hello, Mr. Ranger, sir!"."Is there a problem."Hey, Boo Boo!"Lets get to our VXs and take our "pic-a-nic baskets". down to the falls.. :smilewink

rowhard
06/15/2009, 07:41 PM
That was funny ..The young girl in the Ranger Smith outfit ....BUSSES ONLY.. as we all pulled up and backed into position.. hehe
then later she sent our a short guy in a RANGER Smith outfit.. with a camera...lol
I nerver heard any of the conflick but i saw hands doing the NO signal and jaws flaping....
I saw him and Ill I wanted to say is
."Hello, Mr. Ranger, sir!"."Is there a problem."Hey, Boo Boo!"Lets get to our VXs and take our "pic-a-nic baskets". down to the falls.. :smilewink
Don, I keep saying, there was two bus drivers there, doesn't that count

rowhard
06/15/2009, 07:44 PM

That area is for buses only. My boss will write tickets !!!

" Well what are you going to do about ??? "

19 and 1/2 munites later........... it was a Chinese VX fire-drill. Half of us went down hill the other half went up hill... Looked like a bunch of tennagers taking off from a "kegger' being closed down by the cops. :_cop: :_steering

Funny !!!!

We finally got all rounded up and the day went on as planned...

VX's sure are a pack or hell raisers.:bgwb::bgwo::bgwg: :evil:

Keith, couldn't say it any better if I tried. Sure was a good description of what happened.

JAFO
06/15/2009, 08:07 PM
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3236/Crown_Point_Vista_View_Point_Oregon_06-14-2009.JPG
Crown Point Vista, Oregon

I had a great time! Big thanks to everyone. I can't wait till the next event!

Baxman
06/15/2009, 08:11 PM
What a great group! Our very own PNW VX family! Thanks to Keith for getting the ball rolling, to Riff Raff for his precision timing of various rendezvous, and for every one else for making the long drive. It sure was nice to put a face to the handle.

I have pics (including the great group portrait) to post that have been resized, and I'll post them as soon as I figure out how to get them in "my gallery". I've done it before but that "old guy syndrome" has apparently caught up with me :eek:

Rick aka Baxman

rowhard
06/15/2009, 08:49 PM
Rick (Baxman) thanks again for taking up the slack, the ball, and making this happen. Once again, you put together a great meet, even if I didn't need a winch or a strap. Am sure I will be PM'ing you for some hints on making the next meet a success since I have, oops, stepped up to the plate for the next meet.

After all, I have strap, have strapped, and been winched, god this sounds kinky and should be on a totally different forum,.... (Wonder if our waiter at Tad's is looking,) but I will try my best to put together a off road meet that will make a few pukers. I guess with me and John (travelin2) help, with a combined age of 123 years it will be a easy trail (walkers are optional). Only wish it was a 123 years of off-roading experienced . Hey travelin John, are you listening, our manhood is at stake here big guy. you set up the trail since you are official retired, I will do the dinner reservations.:bgwg:

Baxman
06/15/2009, 09:12 PM
Okay, here we go (my memory drifts in and out, this is a good moment)... :yesgray:

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/IMG_0977.jpg
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/IMG_0988.jpg
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/IMG_0991.jpg
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/IMG_0980.jpg
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/IMG_0995.jpg
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/IMG_0996.jpg
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/IMG_0979.jpg
Top Row: Travelin2, totallto, JAFO, KeithVXlvr, The OC Proton, Baxman, AK Falco, Riff Raff
2nd Row: Mrs. T2, Rowhard, MargieJ, Rowhard Guest, Mrs. d m, don moore, Baxman's daughter, Mrs. AKF
3rd Row: Snickers

Baxman
06/15/2009, 09:50 PM
btw, yesterday's meet surpased all other PNWVX gatherings. Here's a pic of the next largest turnout (9) in '03. I got in trouble with the Harbor Patrol for the line of VXs blocking the boat launch ramp (it was February!). Apparently, some of us never learn :noo:
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/62642133303.jpg

Moncha
06/16/2009, 06:23 AM
Awwww, memories... Rick, it seems like it was just yesterday when Ms Moncha and I were up in your neck of the woods.... I'm so happy to see a good event like this!

don moore
06/16/2009, 07:28 AM
There was one negative think I heard while we were on the PNWVX meet.. as we pulled into the falls parking area ..I herd the dreaded words coming from a lady as we all slowly drove by.."OH LOOK..LOOK HOW MANY THERE ARE"..then the words i heard next ..."they are so CUTE"..grrrrrrr..my wife laughed.:p

rowhard
06/16/2009, 02:48 PM
There was one negative think I heard while we were on the PNWVX meet.. as we pulled into the falls parking area ..I herd the dreaded words coming from a lady as we all slowly drove by.."OH LOOK..LOOK HOW MANY THERE ARE"..then the words i heard next ..."they are so CUTE"..grrrrrrr..my wife laughed.:p

Don, not sure if it was the same ladies, but when I did the 180 at the parking lot at the falls, following Rick to yet another bus parking only area, I heard one say to the other, 'Oh, it's those Isuzu things again'

AK Falco
06/16/2009, 03:55 PM
I guess with me and John (travelin2) help, with a combined age of 123 years it will be a easy trail (walkers are optional). Only wish it was a 123 years of off-roading experienced .

123! Wow I would half to live for 102 more years to be that old.:smilewink

Travelin2
06/16/2009, 04:49 PM
123! Wow I would half to live for 102 more years to be that old.:smilewink

Rowhard; Kid Falco is giving me a complex. Half the clothes in my closet are older than he is.:eek:

rowhard
06/16/2009, 07:25 PM
Rowhard; Kid Falco is giving me a complex. Half the clothes in my closet are older than he is.:eek:

damn whipper snappers anyway

don moore
06/16/2009, 09:24 PM
your just jealous of Falcon.. hes young ..got a VX ..and has a sweet little thing by his side....Im on the other hand is happy for him ..wow you guys are old :p..

Riff Raff
06/21/2009, 07:12 PM
:bump:

VXGirlie01
06/23/2009, 08:25 PM
Wow guys! What a great turnout! I keep looking at the picture and wishing that I was part of it! What a cool day for you guys!

Definately count me in for next year! I'm in!!!

Riff Raff
06/23/2009, 08:44 PM
Wow guys! What a great turnout! I keep looking at the picture and wishing that I was part of it! What a cool day for you guys!

Definately count me in for next year! I'm in!!!

VXGirlie01--- See, I told you via PM to find a way to skip out of your Porshe duties that particular Sunday. If you would have joined us for the Southbound I-5, VX-CONVOY, then there would have been a total of seven(7). As it was, we had six(6) VX's traveling in precision convoy style with all of their headlights on "high beam" during the daytime. It looked just like a military convoy going down the highway. The images I saw in my rearview mirror are priceless.

rowhard
06/23/2009, 09:12 PM
VXGirlie01--- See, I told you via PM to find a way to skip out of your Porshe duties that particular Sunday. If you would have joined us for the Southbound I-5, VX-CONVOY, then there would have been a total of seven(7). As it was, we had six(6) VX's traveling in precision convoy style with all of their headlights on "high beam" during the daytime. It looked just like a military convoy going down the highway. The images I saw in my rearview mirror are priceless.

nothing like a convoy of VX'es. Wouldn't surprise me to have the Statie's asking us to split up, might cause a accident

AK Falco
06/24/2009, 04:23 PM
Vehi-Cross-Az. This is the member who sells the VX emblems. I cant remember who asked. web sight is www.planetsvx.com .

KeithVXlvr
06/24/2009, 07:02 PM
Vehi-Cross-Az. This is the member who sells the VX emblems. I cant remember who asked. web sight is www.planetsvx.com .

AK FALCO,

I was one of them, if not the one. I looked around and couldn't find anything so, thanks!

DON, which color / pattern did you bput on your VX ?? -- I thought it looked nice.

rowhard
06/25/2009, 07:39 PM
Well, one of you at the meet had a cracked right front, can I really call it a fog light? I emailed most of ya with a negative response, so I will do it here. WAS IT YOU? Email me, I located a replacement for you. 10 bucks plus shipping from NYC

don moore
06/25/2009, 10:14 PM
i had the stainless VX on the front ...i was looking for a fog light lens for the pasenger side .....mine is not cracked ..I did have a driver side one that was cracked and replaced it ...

Riff Raff
06/29/2009, 09:40 PM
:bump:

tworavens
07/07/2009, 09:33 PM
Dagnabbit! Because I am so LAME and haven't been following this site in a very long time, I missed this meet by a measly couple of weeks??!! I have programmed my computer to remind me next spring that there might be a potential 'nother one of these, I don't intend to miss it again. Oh well, at least that will give me time to shine 'er up a little beforehand, maybe a mod or two before then as well...

Riff Raff
07/07/2009, 11:07 PM
TWORAVENS--- Don't give up hope on this year. There are a few of us members still working behind the scenes for an "off-road" trail VX-Meet later this Summer/Early Fall.

The focus of the "off-road" VX-Meet would be a very mild follow-the-leader type mountain trail most likely in the Cascade Mountain Range with a grand vista viewpoint and possible picnic at the top of the peak.

Like the last VX-Meet, it would try to be along the Southern I-5 corridor; however, this time near the City of Woodland, WA with close proximity to Portland, OR so those members from Oregon could attend as well.

Stay Tuned.

tworavens
07/07/2009, 11:48 PM
Ha, I read the early posts on this thread, I'm glad to see you are still hell-bent on going offroad in Woodland! It would have to be mild for my little all-stock baby to follow some of the beasts I've seen on this forum! ;) Can't wait!

Riff Raff
07/08/2009, 12:16 AM
TWORAVENS--- Thanx for the compliment. Yes, "MARBLE MOUNTAINS" is still my #1 focus for an off-road trail. However, a "pre-recon" of any off-road site is absolutely mandatory to ensure that the off-road trail is very mild in technical ability and can easily be negotiated with common street tires/OEM tires.

If the trail is determined too radical during the pre-recon, then we will look elsewhere for a more tame trail venture. Bottom Line-- We want VX's from all "walks of life" to be able to join us and not shun-out any VX's that may not have off-road specific modifications.

rowhard
07/08/2009, 04:15 AM
Ha, I read the early posts on this thread, I'm glad to see you are still hell-bent on going offroad in Woodland! It would have to be mild for my little all-stock baby to follow some of the beasts I've seen on this forum! ;) Can't wait!

TWORAVENS, take a look at this; http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=15623&highlight=moab+2009. Your 'little all-stock baby' will surprise you. Many were bone stock.

KeithVXlvr
07/08/2009, 09:56 AM
Riff Raff, Rowhard, and all the other PNW VX-ers, I am in for the off-road meet.

If you need me to go recon a trail let me know.

rowhard
07/08/2009, 02:17 PM
TWORAVENS--- Thanx for the compliment. Yes, "MARBLE MOUNTAINS" is still my #1 focus for an off-road trail.

If the trail is determined too radical

Not sure how radical, but will sure use allot of gas getting there.

Marble Mountains, Vietnam is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Vietnam. It consists of five peaks. Located to the south of Da Nang city, these hills are made of marble and limestone. Nui Ngu Hanh Son is the Vietnamese name for Marble Mountains. It means Mountains of Five Elements. The five peaks are called Thuy Son (water), Moc Son (metal), Tho Son (soil) and Hoa Son (fire).:bwgy::smilewink:bgwo::bgwb:

Riff Raff
07/08/2009, 04:21 PM
Sorry; ROWHARD, the only way we're going into Vietnam is by Apache Attack Helicopter Gunship!!!

I'm having visions of the movie "Apocolypse Now" starring Martin Sheen, with Robert Duvall saying: "This is 1st of the 9th Air Cav son, Air Mobile/Air Move; we'll put down that boat anywhere you want it!!!" "I want a body count, damn it!!!"

Keith--- Thanx for the offer of "recon". Perhaps you and I can coordinate one to go on together as a team. However, I like to go slow and methodical; so no "stump jumping"!!!

rowhard
07/08/2009, 04:28 PM
Okay, so it isn't that Marble Mountain, but which one is it? I did a map quest and it showed 3 different places in Washington. And when do you you think you might pregun it

KeithVXlvr
07/08/2009, 04:43 PM
Sorry; ROWHARD, the only way we're going into Vietnam is by Apache Attack Helicopter Gunship!!!

I'm having visions of the movie "Apocolypse Now" starring Martin Sheen, with Robert Duvall saying: "This is 1st of the 9th Air Cav son, Air Mobile/Air Move; we'll put down that boat anywhere you want it!!!" "I want a body count, damn it!!!"

Keith--- Thanx for the offer of "recon". Perhaps you and I can coordinate one to go on together as a team. However, I like to go slow and methodical; so no "stump jumping"!!!

Just give me some warning and I'd love to go. :grino::):bwgy:

tworavens
07/14/2009, 10:01 PM
TWORAVENS, take a look at this; http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=15623&highlight=moab+2009. Your 'little all-stock baby' will surprise you. Many were bone stock.

Very cool photos! My comment was meant pretty much tongue-in-cheek. Actually I think the only stumbling block would be me being too chicken-s*** to try anything crazy.

Riff Raff
07/16/2009, 01:57 AM
MARBLE MOUNTAIN "PRE-RECON" DATE/TIME IS SET:

This is the "pre-recon" trip of the actual MARBLE MOUNTAIN Off-Road site to be later formally conducted in Late August/Early September as an official Off-Road VX-MEET for members in Oregon & Washington State. The purpose of the "pre-recon" trip is to evaluate the actual Off-Road site of MARBLE MOUNTAIN in advance to determine its worthiness and specifically annotate any road hazards/obstacles beforehand and to verify the route. VX'ers interested in attending the "pre-recon" off-road trip to MARBLE MOUNTAIN will meet at the following location:

DATE/TIME:

Sunday, 19 July 2009 at 1:00 PM

Rosie's Restaurant
1245 Lewis River Road (WA-503)
Woodland, WA 98674
TEL: (360) 225-9800
I-5, Exit #21, head East 1-mile on WA-503.

We will meet at Rosie's Restaurant for lunch, so come hungry. After lunch, we will travel 29 miles East on WA/SPUR-503 to Cougar, WA for a quick potty-break. Then travel East 8 more miles on WA/SPUR-503 to off-road exit of Road-7900, and travel off-road in a NorthEast direction to Marble Mountain Summit for about 5--11 miles (depending on private land access; hence, this pre-recon requirement).

Marble Mountain Summit is located directly North of "Swift Reservoir" with panoramic views of Mt. St. Helens to the North and picturisque surrounding scenary at a summit elevation of 4,116' ABSL. The main highway of WA/SPUR-503 is at 1,200' ABSL, so we will be traveling an increase in elevation of 2,916'.

KeithVXlvr
07/16/2009, 10:15 AM
I am in. :)

tworavens
07/16/2009, 11:40 AM
Can't make it to the recon but count me in for the meet in the Fall! :yesgray:

don moore
07/16/2009, 07:33 PM
let us know how it looks and feels.........

Riff Raff
07/20/2009, 12:30 AM
Well; Gang, there were three(3) of us VX'ers (Riff Raff; Travelin2; KeithVXlvr) who performed the pre-recon of MARBLE MOUNTAIN on Sunday, 19 July 2009. I would personally like to extend my sincere appreciation to both "Travelin2" and "KeithVXlvr" for their profound assistance in making this pre-recon trip a success. Their input was invaluable and they provided a security safety blanket by their sheer attendance. In addition; no one got hurt and no VX's were damaged, which was an underlying goal.

We tried an infinate number of off-road trails (marked on a map and unmarked); both on privately owned land (yes, we were prepared to return gunfire if encountered); and on U.S.F.S. land, in an attempt to reach the summit of MARBLE MOUNTAIN. Unfortunately, 100% of all trails leading up to the summit were blocked with huge bolders and/or intentionally fallen trees (the privately owned land) or they had nicely painted steel impassable gates with U.S. Govt high-security padlocks (U.S.F.S.) with appropriate warning placcards.

Some of the rarely traveled off-road trails were quite challenging and required "low-range" in order to navigate the terrain. Just when we thought we had found an available path, we encounterd a huge rock quarry of gigantic boulders perfectly dumped by a dump truck across the entire width of the trail on a blind slope.

What we did discover was how amazing the VX can slowly crawl up very steep rocky terrain in "low range" with huge ruts and deep ravenes without skipping a beat. Further, we discovered was how tight the VX can turn-a-round on a very narrow one-way trail bordered by a thick forest of trees using the Fred Flintstone jockeying method (ground guides recommended). Our official conclusion is the VX is simply amazing in its multiple capabilities!!!

Of special mention; fellow member "KeithVXlvr", has the bullet-proof Kilby Enterprises "belly-pan" skid plates installed on his VX and they absolutely saved his VX (again) from imminent doom. At one point on a very trecherous angled slope with huge jagged rocks, "KeithVXlvr" performed an extremely tight U-turn engaging direct combat between the large sharp jagged rocks and his armored Kilby "belly-pan" skid plates. The rocks hopelessly lost the battle against the impervious Kilby skid plates, which merely shrugged-off the encounter and asked for more. After seeing first hand the bullet-proof Kilby Enterprises "belly-pan" skid plates in action, I can attest they are worth every penny and a set will soon find a home on my VX as well.

Once we determined we were outwitted by a series of roadblocks, we decided to take the designated paved U.S.F.S. road as far as we could in hopes of reaching the summit using legitimate designated roads. NOT!!! Again; once the paved surface turned to a dirt trail, we immediately encountered an impassable U.S.F.S. road barrier.

Bottom Line-- The MARBLE MOUNTAIN off-road trip is officially terminated due to lack of any road access (public or private) to the summit. We were; however, able to see some very up-close majestic sights of Mt. St. Helens and see portions of the vast devastation caused by the mountain's eruption on May 18, 1980.

Stay tuned, we will continue to search for other off-road sites in the Pacific Northwest that may be worthy of forming an official off-road VX function. Still, this pre-recon trip to MARBLE MOUNTAIN was a true "success" in that we evaluated its "GO"/"NO-GO" status as a possible VX off-road venture which was our primary mission. Riff Raff

don moore
07/20/2009, 01:48 AM
Good job guys....wow wish I was with you .......still good job... thx

Riff Raff
07/20/2009, 02:46 PM
Just thought I'd :bump: this thread again for the rest of the gang.

KeithVXlvr
07/20/2009, 03:23 PM
And the best part is nobody was told they were going to get a ticket if they did not move their VX. :p

It was a great day in the Pacific Northwest ( AKA: God's Country ). If it wasn't for the F'n Forestry Service blocking every darn road up that mountain. Holy cow what up their Noah's Ark !?!?!?

The skid plate works well. Nice easy slid down the rock until the tires could touch again.:cool!:

I think we are going to have to plan this so that it occurs at a well established off-road location. Make it a stop off and let those who would like, go nuts - others can simply dip their tires in the dirt/mud. :bwgy:

AK Falco
07/20/2009, 06:50 PM
Excellent report captain Riff Raff! well done, the search is on.............

rowhard
07/20/2009, 07:59 PM
Excellent report captain Riff Raff! well done, the search is on.............

That should get him going. Think Jesus was a PFC last time Riff Raff was a captain

Riff Raff
07/20/2009, 08:27 PM
LOL; yes, fortunately I was able to make two(2) grades higher than Captain. No harm, no foul-- kinda' like Captain Fantastic was AK Falco's true intent. So in that limelight, thanx for the compliment.

It was a fun trip. Just disappointed with all of the trail roadblocks. "Travelin2" discovered a way to skirt the steel gate barrier on the primary U.S.F.S. trail to Marble Mountain with some added chainsaw effort and ingenuity, but that is probably a Federal crime on Federal land and I for one don't like a Federal Court Room. My highest personal experience in court was City Traffic Court, and I didn't like that either.

We will continue to search for an alternate off-road location; however, a bit further North.

Travelin2
07/20/2009, 08:34 PM
Riff Raff, I,ve been trying for 2 hrs to Email the photos to you and Keith and all I accomplished was screwing up the files so when I finally tried putting them in my gallery they are grainy. Now I don't know how to put them on this thread so I'm giving up...............#%&@#*&% computers!!!

don moore
07/20/2009, 08:40 PM
I'm giving up...............#%&@#*&% computers!!!

hehe... now now ..calm down or well have to put you in the calming room.....

Riff Raff
07/20/2009, 08:47 PM
Riff Raff, I,ve been trying for 2 hrs to Email the photos to you and Keith and all I accomplished was screwing up the files so when I finally tried putting them in my gallery they are grainy. Now I don't know how to put them on this thread so I'm giving up...............#%&@#*&% computers!!!

Thanx for your efforts anyway. I'm enjoying the photos you've already sent, plus the additional ones you posted on this forum. The photo of the big boulders blocking the trail shows how serious the land owner's wanted to keep us out.

tworavens
08/12/2009, 12:05 AM
Since the Marble Mountain route doesn't appear to be workable, would something like this be a good alternative? http://www.fs.fed.us/gpnf/recreation/trailbikes/Adventureroutes-Descriptions.shtml or is it too far/too tame/too crowded or too something else I haven't considered? I may be able to free up some time on the 29th or 30th and go check it out, assuming the rainy season is not in full swing by then.:bwgy:

Riff Raff
08/12/2009, 01:18 AM
Since the Marble Mountain route doesn't appear to be workable, would something like this be a good alternative? http://www.fs.fed.us/gpnf/recreation/trailbikes/Adventureroutes-Descriptions.shtml or is it too far/too tame/too crowded or too something else I haven't considered? I may be able to free up some time on the 29th or 30th and go check it out, assuming the rainy season is not in full swing by then.:bwgy:

TwoRavens--- Hmmm, that is a very interesting "link" you have there. I'm gonna' have to analyze it thoroughly with a very fine tooth comb, as it is worthy of further research/investigation. Thank you for passing on this information.