PDA

View Full Version : What bothers me about the VX

ScottinMA
04/11/2009, 04:24 PM
I just can't get over that the truck does not have a variable intermittent windshield wiper adjustment! Back in the day this truck sold for over 30K and as much as I love my ride, that issue drives me nuts! Has anyone made a mod for this issue?

pbkid
04/11/2009, 05:51 PM
maybe a potentiometer??

i was thinking about how that would work...

ill do some research at work and let ya know ;)

etlsport
04/11/2009, 09:08 PM
the biggest issue would be retrofitting a new lever there with a button/setting for the extra wiper function.. but it would also need the controls for cruise control or you would lose that.. plus running the wires.. i think thats the big issue though.. as far as i know the actual wiring to make it work like that is not difficult

Triathlete
04/11/2009, 10:14 PM
A variable potentiometer or reostat taped into the "Hi" power wire would do the job. Just make the wire long enough to put the knob in one of the switch blanks. Turn wipers on "hi" and adjust the knob to desired speed. All other settings would work normal. Of course to do this you would probably have to molest the steering column wire bundle.:eek:

nocturnalVX
04/12/2009, 12:16 AM
I have an '01, and mine came with a variable windshield wiper adjustment. Cece's did as well. I wonder if it was a "parts-bin" thing. Some got them, and some don't. I almost never use mine, but it is there.

Riff Raff
04/12/2009, 03:46 AM
I just can't get over that the truck does not have a variable intermittent windshield wiper adjustment! Back in the day this truck sold for over 30K and as much as I love my ride, that issue drives me nuts! Has anyone made a mod for this issue?

Scott--- J.C. Whitney has two(2) underdash models available; 1 with "mist button swipe" (Part #ZX811784P @ $21.99), and 1 without "mist button swipe" (Part #ZX122370A @ $18.99). Both units have a rotary knob for a 2--20 second variable wiper delay. Just go to www.JCWhitney.com and then at the website do a search for: Wiper Delay

Cobrajet
04/12/2009, 07:37 AM
I have an '01, and mine came with a variable windshield wiper adjustment. Cece's did as well. I wonder if it was a "parts-bin" thing. Some got them, and some don't. I almost never use mine, but it is there.Are you referring to variable speed wipers (HI/LO/INTERMITTENT), or variable delay on the intermittent setting? The latter is what Scott desires. If it IS available over-the-counter, then I want one too. My '82 Mustang has an adjustment knob for the intermittent delay; why not my VX? I guess the engineers just ran out of places to put all the adjustment knobs.

nocturnalVX
04/12/2009, 08:23 AM
Are you referring to variable speed wipers (HI/LO/INTERMITTENT), or variable delay on the intermittent setting? The latter is what Scott desires.

Yeah, that's what I thought he was talking about. I figured he had slow or fast, but no intermittent... I get it now. :rolly:

Gussie2000
04/12/2009, 08:56 AM
Hi guys !

Hope you all had a nice weekend...

To me personally isuzu tag the VX's price quite high ( 30.000 )not only because the little details you guys are reffering to,but because all the flaw the VX came with,non-working windows,oil burning issues,lack of space to get into the rear seats & the lack of cup holders,no sunroof,no full spare tire,etc.

$ 30.000 for a non-luxury SUV back in 1999 two doors was just too much;Plus the fact that the VX were a limited edition production:Can any one recall how much was the MSRP for a lexus,acura or buick back in those years ?

The 2010 chevrolet camaro with the V6 290 HP cost only 23,000;Yes i know is a different segment,but just to have some comparison on the prices.

So the only thing left to do is enjoy it as much as we can,specially those VX'ers that did pay the 30K back in 1999 & still remain as the original owners.

ScottinMA
04/12/2009, 10:00 AM
Scott--- J.C. Whitney has two(2) underdash models available; 1 with "mist button swipe" (Part #ZX811784P @ $21.99), and 1 without "mist button swipe" (Part #ZX122370A @ $18.99). Both units have a rotary knob for a 2--20 second variable wiper delay. Just go to www.JCWhitney.com and then at the website do a search for: Wiper Delay

At last! a potential solution! My kingdom for your assistance!

Much appreciated.

Riff Raff
04/12/2009, 11:44 AM
At last! a potential solution! My kingdom for your assistance!

Much appreciated.

You're welcome, Scott. Glad I could help out. My Dad had one installed from JC Whitney in his car and it worked great. With some creativity, you could even custom mount the unit either in the "Fuzzy Hole" or the "Ash Tray" slot of the VX (just a thought). Riff Raff

Otto
04/13/2009, 05:44 AM
Hi, here is an other option to intermitent wipers, raintracker.com. I want to do this mod but have nt had the time.

JHarris1385
04/13/2009, 06:27 AM
Someone installed the rain sensing wipers...

WormGod
04/13/2009, 07:45 AM
Someone installed the rain sensing wipers...

Wow.... someone is balls *** lazy. :P