PDA

View Full Version : Whats the forum gonna be like...

CrnCnn
04/09/2009, 06:32 AM
in five to ten years? No, I am not going to jail. I just was thinking while at a stop light yesterday about as more VX's break down and people lose interest, whats gonna happen? How many of us will there be? There still seems to be plenty of VX's out there that are in good shape.

Any thoughts?

JHarris1385
04/09/2009, 06:52 AM
Good thought. I think sometimes in ten years will this VX I have still run? When should I buy my replacement VX and then how many will be available and what price and what condition.

tom4bren
04/09/2009, 07:09 AM
I'll be here

Riff Raff
04/09/2009, 07:24 AM
My Proton VX will be here too, parked next to my prestine 1978 Yellow FJ-40.

CrnCnn
04/09/2009, 07:29 AM
I am certain I will be here too. I hope to have a second VX by then. I also wonder about part availability and cost.

snowtrooper1966
04/09/2009, 08:30 AM
We'll finally be hearing from Rickshaw that he has 70K on his Dragon ;)

Seems likely that since this very unique vehicle elicits such loyalty from it's owners, that many current owners would buy another if something unfortunate happened to the VX they are driving now. Being 2nd time buyers, they would choose very carefully, so this would create a demand / premium for low milage VX's......
Best,

MustangO4
04/09/2009, 08:41 AM
I suspect prices will continue to drop, mode people will do more drastic modifications to them and they will have a loyal following like the Isuzu Impulse community where folks drive across country for a car that they pay $1000 for. I really want to either get a pristine one and chop the top off mine, or buy a beater and chop it. Someday, I will have a topless VX!

WormGod
04/09/2009, 08:42 AM
10 years? That's crazy talk! We won't be around in 10 years. :p

http://www.graphics.com/modules/Gallery/albums/album258/Dec2012jpg.sized.jpg

vt_maverick
04/09/2009, 08:50 AM
...And if we are around, maybe Moncha can save back enough donation $$$ to convert the forum to a 3D virtual reality world. Would make meets much easier. ;)

nfpgasmask
04/09/2009, 08:54 AM
Good thought. You guys know my plan, however I don't know how soon I will be able to enact it, but I do plan to get my VX all fixed up proper and park her in the garage and drive her much, much less.

But given the FUBAR state of our economy, and given the other massive money pit project I have on deck, who knows when I will be able to park my VX. I was really hoping to find a Trooper sometime here soon. There is still a chance I can do this sometime this summer but right now a lot is up in the air.

I think there will always be VX enthusiasts out there, old timers or noobs, but the real question is, how long with Moncha decide to keep the site up and running? It such a large amount of upkeep!!

Bart

Marlin
04/09/2009, 09:19 AM
I think there will always be VX enthusiasts out there, old timers or noobs, but the real question is, how long with Moncha decide to keep the site up and running? It such a large amount of upkeep!!

Bart

Maybe he should farm out the responsibility to India? :smack:

Moncha
04/09/2009, 11:01 AM
...I think there will always be VX enthusiasts out there, old timers or noobs, but the real question is, how long with Moncha decide to keep the site up and running? It such a large amount of upkeep!!...

Bart

No worries, Even if I'm the only one left, this site will be running! I've left specific instructions regarding it's up keep and existence should I happen to kick the bucket.

This site will always be here.

tom4bren
04/09/2009, 11:05 AM
U Da Man!!!!

Gussie2000
04/09/2009, 11:59 AM
What can I say.....
Probably 5 or 10 from now I may not drive a VX anymore;However thouhg i'll be always supporting this my home.
Since i join i've posted almost 900 times so tom be aware i am coming closer hehehe

nfpgasmask
04/09/2009, 01:00 PM
U Da Man!!!!

Exactly what I was gonna say!

:D Bart

circmand
04/09/2009, 03:12 PM

Yes I have been informed the world is going to end at midnight Dec 31, 1999 due to computers thinking we have traveled back in time to 1900 realizing that they do not exist in 1900 and cease to work and the implode.

My original Isuzu warranty is good til June 2012 so I will be driving the VX at least til then. As for this site as long as we have the same knowledgable and fine people who know what they are doing and share with the rest of us we will be okay.

JoFotoz
04/09/2009, 03:44 PM
I'll be here...posting pics of painted ladies at my 60th birthday Party!!

We may need more paint by then...:eek:

I've had my Bronco 15 years...I plan to have the ORW just as long.

jo

pbkid
04/09/2009, 06:53 PM
i plan on getting a second one to keep prestine, considering the huge modifications i have already crossed the point of no return on mine...

ill be around here whether i drive 1 or 2 VX's....

ps- ill never garage a car forever, i think its a very expensive waste of space to buy a car to cover for 20 years....there are much better investments than cars if i wanna have investments

CoastieCosta567
04/09/2009, 08:41 PM
i'll always have mine, i'll be back in Costa Rica by then, and over there we keep our cars for a long time and fixing them is no problem, plus Isuzu is big there and finding parts or good mech... are not hard to find at all, plus Isuzu is still selling over there and does not plan on leaving anytime soon. Who knows by then My VX prob... evolved in to some thing else, heck it's starting already, maybe leaves and a tail will start coming out it by that time.:bwgy:

VehiGAZ
04/10/2009, 06:02 AM

http://www.graphics.com/modules/Gallery/albums/album258/Dec2012jpg.sized.jpg

You too? Me too.

circmand - you will need to get a 6-month extended warranty policy to carry you from June 2012 to December 2012. After that, you won't need to worry about keeping your VX in good repair.

Joe_Black
04/10/2009, 07:08 AM
I can't see getting rid of either the IronMan or the Ebony rally project, no to mention I've always had an Isuzu since 1987. :rolleyes:

No worries, Even if I'm the only one left, this site will be running! I've left specific instructions regarding it's up keep and existence should I happen to kick the bucket.

This site will always be here.

Scott, if you ever need an inexpensive back-up plan I've now got three vBulletin forums running under my care and each has it's own VPS server. One's been up continuously for a little over five years now with no down-time and I've just about got it down to a science. ;)

don moore
04/10/2009, 07:30 AM
I'll be here...posting pics of painted ladies at my 60th birthday Party!!

We may need more paint by then...:eek:

I've had my Bronco 15 years...I plan to have the ORW just as long.

jo
nothing like alittle paint ..or alot of paint....lol
when were 60 we dont care how much paint....as long as they can cook..:smilewink

AlaskaVX
04/10/2009, 02:09 PM
In 5-10 years I will finally make it to MOAB with the LS-1 VX in tow or doing the towing :bwgy: