PDA

View Full Version : Just curious, VX resale info quest...

Maverick
04/07/2009, 12:33 PM
For those of you following the VX resale market, how is it? this isnt a buy my vx thread, its a learn me thread, so i can make a better decision..

Ive been thinking heavily about doing what i said id never do... part with the vx... But, circumstances have changed, and I really need a bigger vehicle for long trips.Ive been looking at custom vans and small rv's, old and beat up (ie-cheap!) ones, that will fit the four dogs and the girlfriend comfortably..

If i use my VX twice a month now that would be allot, though its still in great shape overall. Ive put just over 174k on it, still runs great (Mobil one and all highway!) and i just got asked last week if it was "new" so i guess the old girl still looks pretty good (id say it looks like its got under 50k on it.) she has a small ding in the hood from the highway (lookout WOOD!!!) and the cel and abs lights come on and go off on occasion for no apparent reason, a little wear in the drivers seat, but other than that, pretty good id say.. good set of khumos all around, and some extras like a hood bra (hides the little dent) front plate hole filler, rear matt, overhead console, and back up cam and parking sensors.. still gets 17mpg highway on average, occasionally better, rarely worse.

Just thinking at this point, and wondering what its worth, and trying to make an educated decision about how much it might bring (in a fairly quick but reasonable sale) how fast they sell (thinking 7k neighborhood?)and if i really want to part with her or not... all opinions welcome...

circmand
04/07/2009, 12:43 PM
you really need to post some pictures, list all mods done, history of accidents not just dents and then of course deduct for high mileage. Someone thinking it is new may signal great shape or never saw it before in my case women trying to pick me up.

Osteomata
04/07/2009, 12:44 PM
I can't speak for your vehicle, or any VX at the mileage, but since I am one of the most recent VX buyers on this forum I would be glad to share with you my purchase price, I just hope it doesn't depress you:
2001 Proton, 35K miles, front cladding damage and no back seat, most everything else in excellent condition, one owner, (Massachusettes):
Purchased on ebay for $8200 + $150 dealer fee = $8350
Shipping to Florida: $750
Tax/Tag/Title: $700
Replacement Back Seat incl shipping: $230 (I think)
So I'm in for nearly 10K before I start mods and what not.

Now, I know shipping isn't part of most peoples sale calculation, but you could sorta say I was willing to pay about 10K for a ready to drive low mileage VX.

- Os

Marlin
04/07/2009, 01:00 PM
Os, I hate you...J/K, and no lip from you RiffRaff about I told you so.

I got mine in December, 01 Proton, 115K, around 7300 tax,title tags out the door. I have since added about 5K in mods, so for a modded Vx, I would have been willing to go closer to 10K. I would love to have only 35K miles though...mine does look new, one owner, well maintained , typical undercarriage rust though. (And it has a pristine back seat:dance:)

Maverick
04/07/2009, 01:22 PM
this pic is from last summer, trip to north east to pick up my 924.. ill have to take some but no changes really since then..
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6986/nytrip2008101yi5.th.jpg (http://img210.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nytrip2008101yi5.jpg)

no accidents since ive owned it, and no evidence of any accident prior...
one of the heads was replaced around 85k, due to a stripped plug hole, it was a $3200 bill at the dealer (yeah, i got screwed..) no other issues, due for a full fluid change, and probably a t-belt change. everything works, the 6 pack cd player gets a little moody now an then with home burned cd's. just put a new battery in it last week.

add ons: tones class three hitch, window visors, rear door popper, 2 sensor back up alarm, rear view camera, custom over head console, center console modified to fit clock (from Isuzu impulse) , I also put in front marker light flashers, leds in the lower marker lights, piaa fogs... more as i think of it.. ill post some pics in a few days.
i still have a bunch of pics in the gallery section here , just plug in Maverick in the gallery search box..

MashyMan
04/07/2009, 02:46 PM
I sold my '99 ebony w/ 110k for $6.3k a few weeks ago. I've sold a few cars before but it was a different experience with the VX. I was getting all kinds of calls and emails on it from all over the country, but there are mainly two types of buyers.

Type I= Guy who knows nothing of the VX but just stumbled across it while car shopping. He will want to pay half the asking price and won't understand when you try to explain to him how the VX is different than all the Rav4's or whatever he's been looking at.

Type II= Guy who has always wanted a VX or at least has researched them and knows it's exactly what he wants. This is the type of buyer you want to deal with. I could have shipped mine to a guy in Florida, but I held out, took my time, and ended up getting full asking price from a local buyer.

My advice is pick your price and stick to it. If you advertise in a high profile place like Autotrader.com you will eventually get your price...it just depends how long you want to wait for it

nfpgasmask
04/07/2009, 03:11 PM
My VX has almost 90k on it now.

Like you, I have (for a long time) longed for a larger vehicle, something 4-door, that can haul more crap and people easily, and is 4x4. Sure, the VX isn't the most practical SUV you can own, however, it is the coolest SUV ever.

In my case, I have decided I am going to buy another SUV (most likely a 1988-1991 Trooper) and keep my baby VX, clean her up and drive her much less, while I beat the hell outta the Trooper on a daily basis. I have been watching the used Trooper market for over 2 months now, and I am 100% positive a quality used Trooper can be had for under $2000.

That is the route I will go.

So, unless you have other circumstances preventing it (money/space/time) I say keep your VX and buy a decent used vehicle to fulfill the needs the VX lacks.

:D Bart

circmand
04/07/2009, 03:44 PM
You have more people wanting a ride. I already took out the back seat and am thinking about taking the passenger side out as well.

Gussie2000
04/07/2009, 04:19 PM
The VX is a excelent SUV,anyone have a doubt ?....I sure none at all.

However there's few facts that plays a role agains the value of the VX.

One of them is the fact that the VX is a limited production vehicule,which in the insurance industry the VX it's seen as a vehicule with on future.

Another role is the fact that parts avalaibility is close to cero,mostly body parts,which in many cases whenever one is involve in an accident has all to lose the game.

Following is the fact that the manufacturer,in this case isuzu has left stranded its products so banks & lenders will reject sooner than later financing any isuzu product,including our beloved VX.

The current economic situation also plays agains the value of the VX,since almost all mass produced vehicule's prices are heading down the VX can't escape that neither.

I guess 80 to 90 % of all VX's are modified,which cause the VX value to drops down even more for resale.

A very low mileage VX,lets say 20K or less wouldn't have any chances to stand over $ 18K sale price.

I personally love the VX,it's great vehicule & have enjoyed every droven mile,i knew what consecuences came alone purchasing this truck,i paid 11K for mines with bite more then 38K. & also knew that if the VX gets into a wreck it will be gone for ever as how we've seeing for the past years with fellow members that had loss their Vx with damages that in the case was a toyota,nissan or ford can be probably repaired.

And whenever my VX get's into a wreck it'll the 1rst & last VX i would ever purchase because i think outthere's few choices not replace the VX uniqueness,because that is unquestionable,but not to deal again with the fustration to know that you'll probably never drives that VX again.

We most admit & accept that the VX's value may never go up,even though many of them remain in mint condition for years & years to come.

I hope it happens,the VX deserves to be considered at least a collection vehicule,because with the VX a new era started & it keeps amazing people any where a VX goes.

circmand
04/07/2009, 04:32 PM
increasing in value. Anything that make a vehicle more rare makes it more valuable. Limited production, heavy modification, and heavy use all make the pure VX rarer and therefore more expensive. If there were millions anyone who wanted one could get one and the value would be lower. The factors making the value of the vehicle low right now are IMHO;

1. Not that well known. when I saw my 1st VX in 2002 which I bought new off the lot I had no idea what it was. If people do not know it exists they can not desire one.

2. The production of the VX stopped in 2001, it is now only 2009 that is 8 years. It takes 25 years to be considered a classic and 30 to be a collectible (or the other way around) right now the VX is a used car that sold for $30,000+

3. Economy being poor for cars and more importantly for SUVs. A point Gussie2000 made and I whole heartedly agree.

If I wrecked my VX today I would be looking for another one tomorrow. Imagine what a low mileage, good original condition, one owner VX will be worth in 20 years.

Gussie2000
04/07/2009, 05:05 PM
increasing in value. Anything that make a vehicle more rare makes it more valuable. Limited production, heavy modification, and heavy use all make the pure VX rarer and therefore more expensive. If there were millions anyone who wanted one could get one and the value would be lower. The factors making the value of the vehicle low right now are IMHO;

This doesn't apply for all vehicules,usually vehicules to being considered classic should remain in stock conds at all time,not modified.

1. Not that well known. when I saw my 1st VX in 2002 which I bought new off the lot I had no idea what it was. If people do not know it exists they can not desire one.

I can't debate you on this one,probably yes probably no,buti must agree is a good point though.

2. The production of the VX stopped in 2001, it is now only 2009 that is 8 years. It takes 25 years to be considered a classic and 30 to be a collectible (or the other way around) right now the VX is a used car that sold for $30,000+

Yes,the VX's MSRP was 30K + & that played a huge role in the fast retail depretation value of the VX because isuzu had high expectations about sales,but they never though that usually a couple who is on the market for a SUV with kids will hardly close to never will drive off the lot with one

3. Economy being poor for cars and more importantly for SUVs. A point Gussie2000 made and I whole heartedly agree.

If I wrecked my VX today I would be looking for another one tomorrow.

And i assure you many will do the same,actually.

Imagine what a low mileage, good original condition, one owner VX will be worth in 20 years.

I think few collectors may purchase a VX thinking the same,i just hope this comes thru;time will prove that.

Maverick
04/08/2009, 06:24 AM
some awesome insight...

id love to be able to keep the vx, but the reality is that it just doesnt make sense due space, and financials, compounded by the fact that Its just not used enough to justify hanging onto it. I used it to commute for along time, but bought a $500 civic when gas prices went up, and reduced my driving expenses by almost 60% a month. when you drive over 500 miles a week, thats a huge savings.. it just seems to make more sense to buy a cheap old camper van for the race car towing and weekend getaways and pay rv insurance, which is also much cheaper than the vx coverage.
also im not looking to get top dollar for my vx, its an awesome truck but i know the high mileage, however gentle and well maintained, is not exactly a good selling point. Judging from the posts above, if i could walk away with around 6.5k that would probably be the best i could do. id still shed a few tears, but as things are now, it would be overall a good thing i think...
I think im going to give a good going through, take a close look at it and check to see if theres anything else it might need, then take it from there.

I may replace the radio as well..stick in something a little more modern, and just include the original set up with it when i list it up for sale.. i know radios are big interest points ...

Chopper
04/08/2009, 06:35 AM
If you are going to sell it, don't do another thing to it. Nothing! Top off the fluids, and list it (clean it up) take your pix. You are already at the point of zero return...nothing you add is gonna really pay back.

Osteomata
04/08/2009, 07:20 AM
I have to agree with chopper on this, even on the sound system. Either the buyer won't care that its out of date, in which case you save money and time by not putting in a replacment. Or the buyer will really care about sound system, but will want to make the choice of replacement himself, not have you put in a cheap system.

If you want to do something worthwhile, then wash & wax, throuroughly clean the interior, and even the engine compartment.

You are not in a "spend money to make money" situation. The only exceptions would be if you have unresolved warning lights without an absolutely known/verifiable cause and solution cost.

- Os

If you are going to sell it, don't do another thing to it. Nothing! Top off the fluids, and list it (clean it up) take your pix. You are already at the point of zero return...nothing you add is gonna really pay back.

vt_maverick
04/08/2009, 10:43 AM
After reading over the forum for the past year I realize I probably paid the highest price of any recent purchase on here for my VX. I paid right at $14K for mine in April of last year, but there were a number of factors that played into my willingness to pay that price.

1. I absoutely wanted a 2000 Foxfire (rarest color in rarest year - only 90 made in 2000) - nothing else would do.

2. Over a six month timespan there were less than 6 2000 Foxfires for sale in the entire country, most of which were in salt states in the NorthEast or Midwest (no offense to guys that live there but I really wanted to avoid the inevitable rust).

3. I found my Foxfire about 200 miles from my house in Virginia, and it was the only one I had seen in my entire six month search window that was less than 1500 miles away. (I don't believe in buying cars over the internet or phone sight unseen, so that made my search significantly more difficult.)

4. It was absolutely, totally 100% stock with no evidence of mods of any kind. The only exception was that the original owner had Isuzu install an OEM backup sensor in the rear cladding, which I don't think really counts as an aftermarket mod. None of the glass had ever been tinted or damaged, and all of the original stickers were still on the windows (Isuzu OK, etc.)

5. The mileage was just a hair over 24K even though it was 8 years old when I bought it. You could probably eat off the engine cover.

6. No record or evidence of any accidents, damage, or paint/body work of any kind. The paint was in showroom condition with two very minor dents (looked like maybe the PO's kids accidentally bounced a basketball off the hood). There was some rust on the muffler and hubs, but nothing serious or irreplaceable. And the rims and headlights looked just like they rolled off the showroom floor.

7. The seats showed virtually no wrinkles and the carpet, mats, and plastic were immaculate.

8. Came with OEM roof rack.

9. Although it's had three owners before me, the seller supplied me with ownership and MX records down to the original window sticker and purchase paperwork. The first owner owned the VX for 5 years before selling it, and in that time only racked up 3-4K miles. :eek: The other two owners had only owned it for about a year, with both eventually deciding it was just too impractical for their needs (sounds familiar huh?).

So like others have said it's possible to get a good price for the VX, but you have to find the right (probably OCD) buyer who understands just how rare the vehicle is and places a high value on your color/condition.

tom4bren
04/08/2009, 10:57 AM
I paid $15K for mine but that included at least $5K for the 'offset from Hell':)

vt_maverick
04/08/2009, 11:22 AM
I certainly agree with others in this thread that there's no sales ROI for any mods or repairs you perform at this point. But I also wouldn't try to return your VX completely to stock, since some mods do add value. Good examples are Tone's hitch, door popper, seat extender, and bolt-on step bars. The seat extender and step bars are a free take-it-or-leave-it decision for the buyer, since they can easily remove them (and probably sell them) and return the vehicle to stock. And although the hitch and door popper require you to cut the cladding/plastic, they look OEM enough that I doubt most buyers would even notice or care.

On the other hand, mods such as lifts, superchargers, or any more extreme mods, especially to the exterior, can really hurt your resale value, as they are typically good tip-offs to the buyer that the vehicle may have been driven harder than average. Personally I can't wait to look into a lift or supercharger (really doubting I can talk the wife into that one though), but that's because I have no intention of selling it. That said it is possible to find buyers who are really interested in an off-road package, but you're depending upon a much smaller pool of buyers.

Just more food for thought...

vt_maverick
04/08/2009, 11:23 AM
I paid $15K for mine but that included at least $5K for the 'offset from Hell':)

And after seeing it in person I can vouch that it was a good investment for a wickedly different look (even for a VX).

Gussie2000
04/08/2009, 04:30 PM
After reading over the forum for the past year I realize I probably paid the highest price of any recent purchase on here for my VX. I paid right at $14K for mine in April of last year, but there were a number of factors that played into my willingness to pay that price.

1. I absoutely wanted a 2000 Foxfire (rarest color in rarest year - only 90 made in 2000) - nothing else would do.

2. Over a six month timespan there were less than 6 2000 Foxfires for sale in the entire country, most of which were in salt states in the NorthEast or Midwest (no offense to guys that live there but I really wanted to avoid the inevitable rust).

3. I found my Foxfire about 200 miles from my house in Virginia, and it was the only one I had seen in my entire six month search window that was less than 1500 miles away. (I don't believe in buying cars over the internet or phone sight unseen, so that made my search significantly more difficult.)

4. It was absolutely, totally 100% stock with no evidence of mods of any kind. The only exception was that the original owner had Isuzu install an OEM backup sensor in the rear cladding, which I don't think really counts as an aftermarket mod. None of the glass had ever been tinted or damaged, and all of the original stickers were still on the windows (Isuzu OK, etc.)

5. The mileage was just a hair over 24K even though it was 8 years old when I bought it. You could probably eat off the engine cover.

6. No record or evidence of any accidents, damage, or paint/body work of any kind. The paint was in showroom condition with two very minor dents (looked like maybe the PO's kids accidentally bounced a basketball off the hood). There was some rust on the muffler and hubs, but nothing serious or irreplaceable. And the rims and headlights looked just like they rolled off the showroom floor.

7. The seats showed virtually no wrinkles and the carpet, mats, and plastic were immaculate.

8. Came with OEM roof rack.

9. Although it's had three owners before me, the seller supplied me with ownership and MX records down to the original window sticker and purchase paperwork. The first owner owned the VX for 5 years before selling it, and in that time only racked up 3-4K miles. :eek: The other two owners had only owned it for about a year, with both eventually deciding it was just too impractical for their needs (sounds familiar huh?).

So like others have said it's possible to get a good price for the VX, but you have to find the right (probably OCD) buyer who understands just how rare the vehicle is and places a high value on your color/condition.

Your input reafirms what i'm talking about is correct,the more the VX is in stock conds the better,no way any car with mods increase its value,it just don't happen & the reason for that is the fact that a potential new onwer wants its own mods done on it or probably none & not all taste & flavors are the same,this is the case with OSTEOMATA who bought his proton from NY with few mods & now he's wroking on it to bring it back to stock as much as he can.

The undercarriage rust is unevitable.My Vx is originally from massachussets & the under is rusty,however i bought it because the VX was in storage for almost 5 years 'till was auctioned.Now i flush it to prevent faster rust & had a very low mileage (38478) plus it was well serviced during the PO ownership

The mileage is also a big factor,plus the fact that isuzu is gone makes every thing worse,without important parts already out-of-stock & few to none dealers still offering isuzu parts nationwide.

This is why i said if this VX gets into a wreck will be 1rst & the last,yet still a VX'er for the rest of my life,period.

tom4bren
04/09/2009, 05:30 AM
"the more the VX is in stock conds the better,no way any car with mods increase its value"

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

Cheaply done mods can kill resale value. Desireable mods can definitely increase the value. It's all in the advertising.

For instance, a supercharger - some want it & some don't. Advertise it such that it's something that the buyer can't live without. If they are worthy of owning such an awsome vehicle - they'll bite.

Another example, lift - if it's done right so the rig looks like it was made that way & you've worked out all of the bugs so the buyer is confident that they aren't buying a lemon - they'll bite.

Obviously modified vehicles are indeed a nitch market but are 'sell-able'. Don't do any more mods but don't undo anything you've already done.

Tom

Riff Raff
04/09/2009, 07:02 AM
MAVERICK--- Most of the key points have already been made. Clean it up (including engine bay & change the oil), don't make any more mods (no new stereo), and definately market it on the web (AutoTrader.com, Vehix.com, Cars.com, etc).

Don't be afraid to sell it to a long distance internet buyer. Just be damn sure and use "ESCROW.COM" as the conduit to complete the transaction (the "buyer" pays all fees for ESCROW.COM and D.A.S. shipping/transport). You may be asked to drop it off at a nearby authorized D.A.S. terminal for shipment/transport. Remember, you're not looking for 100 buyers; you're only looking for 1 (he/she "IS" definately out there somewhere).

With your racing hobbies and lifestyle; then you're right, a used Van-nose type Camper RV with a heavy-duty trailer hitch would be perfect for you. Put a couple of Mountain Bicycles (for riding around camp) on the Van's front bumper and you're set. Keep your $500 "beater" for commuting to work. My "beater" commuter car is a 1980 Ford Fiesta that gets 41 MPG. Sweeeeeet!!!

MARLIN--- I think I hear Carrie Underwood's new hit song playing just for you..........................

vt_maverick
04/09/2009, 08:48 AM
Just thought of another factor... In the search for my VX, I noticed that VX's with the red interior were consistently listed at a lower price point, even when the mileage, condition, and color were identical to VX's with the gray interior. So that's probably not good for owners with the red interior, since even a buyer who is obsessed with getting that color interior has plenty of cheap options to choose from.

djvx
04/09/2009, 04:48 PM
I payed $10,500 for an 01 ebony with 54k on it. mint condition- summer '08 Chicago. from St. Charles Toyota (formerly Isuzu). One owner.

JoFotoz
04/09/2009, 08:26 PM
I paid $13500....

...for a 99 Ebony with 10k miles...in 2004.

Low mileage gets $$$'s.

I have ALL original stuff....stock is 4-6 hours away....should I want to....miles still under 20k...

...but not after Moab this year!

I believe...rare value will kick in....eventually...'nother 5 years or so.

Cladding will get VERY EXPENSIVE...as will front and rear body panels.

JMHO...fwiw!

jo

Maverick
04/10/2009, 03:30 AM
MAVERICK--- Most of the key points have already been made. Clean it up (including engine bay & change the oil), don't make any more mods (no new stereo), and definately market it on the web (AutoTrader.com, Vehix.com, Cars.com, etc).

Don't be afraid to sell it to a long distance internet buyer. Just be damn sure and use "ESCROW.COM" as the conduit to complete the transaction (the "buyer" pays all fees for ESCROW.COM and D.A.S. shipping/transport). You may be asked to drop it off at a nearby authorized D.A.S. terminal for shipment/transport. Remember, you're not looking for 100 buyers; you're only looking for 1 (he/she "IS" definately out there somewhere).

With your racing hobbies and lifestyle; then you're right, a used Van-nose type Camper RV with a heavy-duty trailer hitch would be perfect for you. Put a couple of Mountain Bicycles (for riding around camp) on the Van's front bumper and you're set. Keep your $500 "beater" for commuting to work. My "beater" commuter car is a 1980 Ford Fiesta that gets 41 MPG. Sweeeeeet!!!

MARLIN--- I think I hear Carrie Underwood's new hit song playing just for you..........................

thats pretty much the plan, ive already got the bikes! though i am looking at trading the honda for an early insight hybrid, which would again half my fuel expense, and its so weird its kinda cool, like the vx... :)

some great input , and i appreciate everyone taking the time to to help me out. ill forget about the radio and just make sure the truck is in the best shape it can be, as it it sits. I do think theres enough easily reversible light mods and rarer accessories (like the front plate filler panel) to make it appealing. the way it runs, im convinced shes got at least another 175k in her as well, very tight suspension and a great runner...

KeithVXlvr
04/10/2009, 03:15 PM
I paid $6,200 for my "new" 2001 about 1.5 months ago. I got it from the 2nd owner and it had 55K. It is all original and by the time I got new tires and a couple repairs ( new fluids, some cladding, etc...) finished I have $9,700 in it.... ( Not counting airline ticket to go get it, Carfax Report, Licensing, etc....)

The reason I grabed this one is that it is all stock !! The tires were original tires, I got the roof rack, the original manuals - even the radio hangers etc... the original sale paper work including the original window sticker.

The tires I put on are 285/60R18's -- recceived great council from Riff Raff on the tire decision. ( the only non stock part on the car).

The Kelly BB on this rig is $12,500....... not sure what it would go for but, probably not that high.

All stock with low miles gets the higherst price. After making it the daily driver for 30 days it is now parked and will be taken out on weekend adventures only.

Stock Stock Stock. It goes anywhere any way !!

Mods are for Monkeys.:)

JoFotoz
04/10/2009, 03:28 PM
LOL , if this is true....

Welcome to the Jungle!..:_steering

Mods are all about self expression...JUST LIKE THE VX is.

I do agree , stock sells...hence I have all my original parts and can put it back to stock anytime.

jo

etlsport
04/10/2009, 03:36 PM

hah! guess my avatar is fitting then

circmand
04/10/2009, 03:57 PM
My VX is my daily driver since I bought it new in June 2002 with 34 miles on it. My weekend driver is a 1974 Jensen Healey, even rarer then the VX. If you do not drive it a lot check with Hagegrty for an insured amount insurance policy. They are very inexpensive let you pick what you want to insure it for, give you 5000 miles a year for driving. You need to have a lockable location to store and proof of insurance on a daily driver to qualify. I have nt needed them except for road service but members of the Jensen Healey Preservation Society who have give rave reviews.

Some info: Less than 10,000 Jensen Healeys were shipped to the US in the 3 years they made them. Very few were made even in the UK. We still have parts sources and no issues. My main concern would be the cladding but maybe some sharp person will find a solution to fabricating it and go into a side business.

Maverick
04/26/2009, 05:43 PM
ive used hagarty in the past for my 924's.. good stuff!

New pictures, taken today! :

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/my2porsche/vehicross/th_CopyofDSCF1187.jpg (http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/my2porsche/vehicross/?action=view&current=CopyofDSCF1187.jpg)
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/my2porsche/vehicross/th_CopyofDSCF1188.jpg (http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/my2porsche/vehicross/?action=view&current=CopyofDSCF1188.jpg)
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/my2porsche/vehicross/th_CopyofDSCF1189.jpg (http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/my2porsche/vehicross/?action=view&current=CopyofDSCF1189.jpg)
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/my2porsche/vehicross/th_CopyofDSCF1190.jpg (http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/my2porsche/vehicross/?action=view&current=CopyofDSCF1190.jpg)
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/my2porsche/vehicross/th_CopyofDSCF1191.jpg (http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/my2porsche/vehicross/?action=view&current=CopyofDSCF1191.jpg)
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/my2porsche/vehicross/th_CopyofDSCF1192.jpg (http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/my2porsche/vehicross/?action=view&current=CopyofDSCF1192.jpg)
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/my2porsche/vehicross/th_DSCF1211-1.jpg (http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/my2porsche/vehicross/?action=view&current=DSCF1211-1.jpg)
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/my2porsche/vehicross/th_DSCF1210.jpg (http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/my2porsche/vehicross/?action=view&current=DSCF1210.jpg)
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/my2porsche/vehicross/th_DSCF1208.jpg (http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/my2porsche/vehicross/?action=view&current=DSCF1208.jpg)
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/my2porsche/vehicross/th_DSCF1207.jpg (http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/my2porsche/vehicross/?action=view&current=DSCF1207.jpg)
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/my2porsche/vehicross/th_DSCF1206.jpg (http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/my2porsche/vehicross/?action=view&current=DSCF1206.jpg)
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/my2porsche/vehicross/th_DSCF1205.jpg (http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/my2porsche/vehicross/?action=view&current=DSCF1205.jpg)
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/my2porsche/vehicross/th_DSCF1204.jpg (http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/my2porsche/vehicross/?action=view&current=DSCF1204.jpg)
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/my2porsche/vehicross/th_DSCF1203.jpg (http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/my2porsche/vehicross/?action=view&current=DSCF1203.jpg)
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/my2porsche/vehicross/th_DSCF1202.jpg (http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/my2porsche/vehicross/?action=view&current=DSCF1202.jpg)
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/my2porsche/vehicross/th_DSCF1201.jpg (http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/my2porsche/vehicross/?action=view&current=DSCF1201.jpg)
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/my2porsche/vehicross/th_DSCF1200.jpg (http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/my2porsche/vehicross/?action=view&current=DSCF1200.jpg)
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/my2porsche/vehicross/th_vxlcclock.jpg (http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/my2porsche/vehicross/?action=view&current=vxlcclock.jpg)
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/my2porsche/vehicross/th_DSCF1198.jpg (http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/my2porsche/vehicross/?action=view&current=DSCF1198.jpg)
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/my2porsche/vehicross/th_DSCF1209.jpg (http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/my2porsche/vehicross/?action=view&current=DSCF1209.jpg)

not too bad eh? still need to clean up the interior a bit, looked great but the camera picks up all the dust you cant see in the sunlight..

Jolly Roger VX'er
04/29/2009, 09:52 PM
After 9 years of over-protective, throw-my-body-over-it, treat it special care with a few mods done along the way; and, after paying original owner ludicrous price....she's now paying ME back as my daily beater!

I've gotten over whether VX's will ever be worth anything....I'm gonna run her 'til she dies (or starts costing too much to keep on the road) and move on to a new/used Raptor :)

jamessmith
04/30/2009, 01:05 AM
It is a matter of time, before the (VX), is discovered by serious collector. This vehicle is too,too rare to be ignored for much longer. Hopefully, after the economy bounces back, this wonderful vehicle will get it'S proper attention in the resale market.

TheGanzman
04/30/2009, 08:12 AM
Agreed! The supply of low-mile (under 75K), no-salt, unCOBBLED (sorry guys, but there ARE people out there for whom a lifted, big wheel/tire, cut-cladding VX is a deal-breaker), straight, clean, stock, garage-kept since new VX's is ALREADY almost dried up! By contrast, go find a similar 1980's Jeep Wrangler if you CAN, and they made a blue million of those! While I don't particularly care about resale $'s on mine, I would and AM on the lookout for another like mine (described above); ain't many...

I'm reminded of 1958-1960 Gibson Les Paul Sunburst guitars. They made ~1,700 of 'em; 'cause I'm an "old guy", I remember dudes cobbling these guitars up in the '70's & '80s - changing out electronics, throwing away plastic parts (a pickguard alone is now $10K IF you can find one!), and even hogging out the bodies to fit all manner of "effects" or different bridges to them. Now the stock ones are worth $300K+, and the cobbled ones are worth ~$90K-...:(

But hey - party on! It's only a limited production, high end Japanese vehicle...:rolleyes:

It is a matter of time, before the (VX), is discovered by serious collector. This vehicle is too,too rare to be ignored for much longer. Hopefully, after the economy bounces back, this wonderful vehicle will get it'S proper attention in the resale market.

Maverick
04/30/2009, 08:34 AM
i guess that makes my vx the perfect candidate for more aggressive mods. mileage is high enough to exclude it from any serious collector status, but its still in nice enough condition and not used up, so it would be good to use to play with and enjoy without too much worry. :)

i bought mine to drive and enjoy, not as an investment in anything but fun and utility, and its given me far more enjoyment than just about any vehicle ive ever owned.. best $$ ever spent, its still got plenty left to give... it just refuses to grow old... :bgwo: