PDA

View Full Version : Licensed VXs on the road?

navistar
04/06/2009, 02:33 PM
To all,

These accidents and so forth kinda makes me wonder how many VXs are still licensed and driving. How many have we lost and how many are left?

Does anyone know how to find out? Access to nationwide motor vehicle database or something? :rolleyes:

Navi

Gussie2000
04/06/2009, 04:43 PM
To all,

These accidents and so forth kinda makes me wonder how many VXs are still licensed and driving. How many have we lost and how many are left?

Does anyone know how to find out? Access to nationwide motor vehicle database or something? :rolleyes:

Navi

I have a friend who works for the DMV,i once asked her if she can brief that info.

She called me back with more then 3000 units,but i'm not sure if this info is about how many VX are still running & licensed or is the amount of VX that aren't recorded as totalled,salvage etc. because she use the VIN # database & neither know if this numbers are for continental US or includes alaska,puerto rico,hawaii & other US territories.

I'll give her a buzz to find out if she can access that info with specific details

navistar
04/06/2009, 06:14 PM
That number could mean that we are down by maybe as much as 25%!

Gussie2000
04/06/2009, 07:06 PM
Yeah that's right :(

With 25% less VX's on duty at 10 years since the 1rst one hit the roads at that speed in 30 years there'll be no VX enlighting the streets & high ways :eek:

Wow that's scary though

navistar
04/06/2009, 08:18 PM
Yeah but that means there would a lot of parts. Maybe enough to build a dozen or so...all with salvage titles!

WormGod
04/06/2009, 08:58 PM
I can account for at least 1 VX K.I.A.. A dragon. :(

http://www.wormgod.8m.com/Images/vx7.jpg

MSHardeman
04/06/2009, 09:24 PM
WormGod,

EVERY time I see that photo it gives me the creeps. I still can't believe that you are up and walking around after something like that.

navistar
04/06/2009, 09:31 PM
Hoooly-moooly!!! That gave me a chill. I haven't seen that picture before. The VX sacrificed itself to save a loved one! :eek:

don moore
04/06/2009, 11:16 PM
you know Gary ...you should have told them to cut the whole top off.. to look like the VX02....:rolleyes:

Gussie2000
04/07/2009, 05:23 AM
When i saw that pic the 1rst time i got depressed for days.

Once my sister ask why i drive so carefully,i told her :

Sis,whenever you spot a VX on street you'll be seeing the most safe drivers out there,the facts that insurance companies likely totalled our Vx's even if the damage is not that much they rather do so that makes our dirvers to avoid accidents as much as they can

Kodiak was very lucky though,on the opposite ashley wasn't that lucky though & so it comes & goes.

WormGod
04/07/2009, 07:39 AM
you know Gary ...you should have told them to cut the whole top off.. to look like the VX02....:rolleyes:

You know man, when they pulled out the jaws and saws, I told them to use them to remove my leg to get me out. I only had the VX for 3 months and didn't want them chopping it up, heh. I believe they thought I was in shock for that comment. Seeing the sparks and hearing that god awful cutting noise made me very sad. :(

And yes, she did give her life. To save "3" lives (can't say so much for the clown that hit me head-on). Hell of a vehicle.

It would be pretty interesting seeing some updated numbers for each year/color. If someone can make that so, please post up. :)

don moore
04/07/2009, 08:59 AM
and what states there in

nfpgasmask
04/07/2009, 09:06 AM
I think it would be safe to assume we have lost at least 500 VXes from wrecks and blown engines (that eventually go to the crusher). The number is likely higher, but I think 500 is a safe bet for certain. It is very possible we are down 25%.

Bart

vt_maverick
04/07/2009, 10:45 AM
Keep in mind that the loss rate will only accelerate with time as those of us with lower mileage / better MX habits inevitably beginning having major problems over the next few years as well. We could be down as much as 75% within 10-15 years...

Gussie2000
04/07/2009, 11:13 AM
I think it would be safe to assume we have lost at least 500 VXes from wrecks and blown engines (that eventually go to the crusher). The number is likely higher, but I think 500 is a safe bet for certain. It is very possible we are down 25%.

Bart

I'll play with 800 to 900,yet still that's good bunch of VX's lossed in the past 10 years.

Another factor here is possible few VX's has been exported to another countries such as mexico & canada

pbkid
04/08/2009, 12:44 PM
holy crap!!!! i have never seen that pic before!!!

that may of just made me cry a little...

glad that your ok though!!!

LittleBeast
04/08/2009, 01:58 PM
http://vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?threadid=13975

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=13977&highlight=database

LittleBeast
04/08/2009, 02:11 PM
I can account for at least 1 VX K.I.A.. A dragon. :(

I am so glad you decided to upgrade your color choice the 2nd time around! ;)