PDA

View Full Version : Isuzu (VX) recovery vehicle

CrnCnn
04/01/2009, 07:19 PM
I think my VX has a future in recovery. Unfortunately it is in VX recovery.

Some of you may remember this Photo....
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/Jimmylongwong/VX/05-2.jpg

Well last night I had to recover another fellow VXer. I dont have pics but wish I got them.

I will let him tell the story if he wants.

If you consider recovering Justin when Zeus broke a tie rod, then that makes three I have assisted with.

Gussie2000
04/01/2009, 07:40 PM
I think my VX has a future in recovery. Unfortunately it is in VX recovery.

Some of you may remember this Photo....
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/Jimmylongwong/VX/05-2.jpg

Well last night I had to recover another fellow VXer. I dont have pics but wish I got them.

I will let him tell the story if he wants.

If you consider recovering the owner of Zeus, then that makes three I have assisted with.

As i said before astral shines all over :p

Ascinder
04/01/2009, 07:42 PM
Yeah, the above mentioned person is me. My VX blew it's transmission yesterday. For some reason the engine began to rev as I went through an intersection. I think it may have either been a stuck gas pedal or cable. Anyways, as I started up at the stop light, some especially mentally gifted driver decided it was a good idea to cut me off in the middle of the intersection. That's just as the engine is revving to ~5,000 rpm and I'm trying to slam on the brakes to not hit this jerk and, at the same time, figure out why my engine is going berserk all of a sudden. I make it through the intersection whith a resounding thunk, thud, slam, and lo and behold, I'm coasting down the mild grade in what appears to be a very noisy version of neutral. I was able to pull into a seldom used turn lane and call Crncnn for a towstrap recovery. So, yeah, life sucks.

don moore
04/01/2009, 07:43 PM
As i said before astral shines all over <.........what he said ...hehe:p

snowtrooper1966
04/01/2009, 07:44 PM
Poor Bart's never gonna live that one down....
That's two threads it was mentioned in today.
Best,

Mrs. CRNCNN
04/01/2009, 07:46 PM
Yeah, the above mentioned person is me. My VX blew it's transmission yesterday. For some reason the engine began to rev as I went through an intersection. I think it may have either been a stuck gas pedal or cable. Anyways, as I started up at the stop light, some especially mentally gifted driver decided it was a good idea to cut me off in the middle of the intersection. That's just as the engine is revving to ~5,000 rpm and I'm trying to slam on the brakes to not hit this jerk and, at the same time, figure out why my engine is going berserk all of a sudden. I make it through the intersection whith a resounding thunk, thud, slam, and lo and behold, I'm coasting down the mild grade in what appears to be a very noisy version of neutral. I was able to pull into a seldom used turn lane and call Crncnn for a towstrap recovery. So, yeah, life sucks.

its ok Beau! We still love ya!!!

Gussie2000
04/01/2009, 07:52 PM

Sorry it ends up to be your trans causing the tow,hope you can get the ironrocket back on the street soon.

I'm also curious what caused the trans to go bad ascinder keep us posted

CrnCnn
04/01/2009, 07:56 PM
I am going to invest in a better strap and some hooks now for sure. You never know I might be the one towed next.....

Mrs. crncnn has a Isuzu recovery sticker on her Grand Cherokee but she hasnt earned it yet

JoFotoz
04/01/2009, 08:37 PM
Hey Beau...there is a Tranny 4sale on E-bay right now.

If Not...I have a REAL GOOD tranny guy....$1900 fully rebuilt .

I mean FULLY..

$1500...yer gonna sell it
$1700...keep it a year.
$1900...ya want it to work...for a long while!

jo

PS...Tranny Guy...thats dirty...:eek:

VX KAT
04/01/2009, 08:55 PM
Sorry ...small thread jack.....Gussie I love the stripes on your baby and your new pic!!!

don moore
04/01/2009, 09:35 PM
i like the vents on the sides of the hood ..do tell were you got them.....
oh ..bart..to bad they are picking on you .....

pbkid
04/01/2009, 10:40 PM
beau thats horrible news!!!

too bad buddy :(

one of my favorite VX's (not a big fan of the wheels, but i love everything else lol)

nfpgasmask
04/02/2009, 10:35 AM
Beau! Whoa! What do you think happened? That S U C K S! Do you think you were low on fluid or was it just circumstance???

Holy crapola! This is no good!

Bart

Mrs. CRNCNN
04/14/2009, 06:11 AM
I am going to invest in a better strap and some hooks now for sure. You never know I might be the one towed next.....

Mrs. crncnn has a Isuzu recovery sticker on her Grand Cherokee but she hasnt earned it yet

oh there will be a time my dear!!

Scott Harness
04/14/2009, 06:31 AM
Sorry Dude,that sucks,keep us posted