PDA

View Full Version : Free wheel hubs

Sprey
03/29/2009, 03:30 AM
Well after looking at the aisin hubs that were for sale, i looked on my local
auction site and found these

free wheel hubs with bolts and circlips
fits early 90's with 13 spline axles , Were on a isuzu mu last, Which is the same as a rodeo ?? something like that.

Of course my question. would these 2 fit my vehicross? If not what am i looking out for. Spline wise etc Cheers guys.
http://images.trademe.co.nz/photoserver/49/90208649_full.jpg

slutty22
03/29/2009, 04:41 AM
is the benifit of running locking hubs so one can unlock them and run 2WD?

kodiak
03/29/2009, 09:43 AM
That’s what I have on mine. On the US Vehicross it just allows you to disengage the front wheels from the axel, witch gives you a few more options on the trail or if you just want to put your VX in 2wd for a while.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/Spacers_800.jpg

TheGanzman
03/29/2009, 02:04 PM
Damn - I was all excited! I thought I'd be the first one who read this thread, and that I'd be first in line for some FREE "wheel hubs"...:(

Now pardon me - I've gotta go help my Uncle Jack off a horse...:bwgy:

Sprey
03/29/2009, 10:14 PM
That’s what I have on mine. On the US Vehicross it just allows you to disengage the front wheels from the axel, witch gives you a few more options on the trail or if you just want to put your VX in 2wd for a while.

Sweet :D there fairly cheap like 30 nz dollars so far , so ill probaly buy then.

Cheers Kodiak :smilewink

Damn - I was all excited! I thought I'd be the first one who read this thread, and that I'd be first in line for some FREE "wheel hubs"...

Now pardon me - I've gotta go help my Uncle Jack off a horse...

Im sorry :p cant edit the title otherwise i would.

i didnt even think about that until you said.

And yes my vehicross can go into 2wd as its a jap one, but as it will be lifted soon having the hubs might save me replacing cv boots etc.

SGT.BATGUANO
03/30/2009, 02:32 AM
double check your spline count, I think we have 17 on us version

Sprey
03/30/2009, 09:55 PM

Oh ok, Right do i just pull off the little cap that is bolted on ? then have a count ?

Edit:1st of April

Checked with the guy whose selling these and there are actualy 17 not 13.

Im guessing the jap ones will be the same then