PDA

View Full Version : Grats Mr. WormGod

Dumke
03/26/2009, 12:47 PM
Only reason I knew this happed was because I saw on my company's news site. So I searched around the net si I could post the actual info which they didnt have on thier website this morning. After further seaching I found it on there this afternoon tho :D

So let me be the first to congradulate you. I guess I need to go check out your shamless thread out now in its entirety and go pick the game up. So my question is which system would be best 360/PS3? Mind you I know graphics wise one is more capable than the other but all around online or offline play? Or I just could post this on that thread instead of jacking my own thread LOL.. anywasy Grats bro.

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=22920

GDC 2009 Coverage Sponsor:

Based in China with over 400 staff, Virtuos is one of the largest providers of outsourced production services to the games industry, specializing in 3D Art, Animation, Co-development, Engineering and QA.

Its international management team is led by Gilles Langourieux former Founder and Managing Director of Ubisoft China Studios and backed by Legend, the number one IT group in China.

Since its creation in late 2004, Virtuos’ clients include leading developers as well as 14 of the top 20 games publishers worldwide.

Bethesda Softworks' epic post-apocalyptic open-world adventure, Fallout 3, received the Game of the Year Award at the 9th annual Game Developers Choice Awards, presented at a ceremony this evening the 2009 Game Developers Conference. Bethesda also received the Best Writing award for the game.

Media Molecule's imaginative user creation-centric platform game LittleBigPlanet, which was first unveiled at GDC 2007, was the recipient of the most awards of the evening, taking four awards for Best Game Design, Best Technology, Best Debut Game and Innovation Award.

Other winners at the Tim Schafer-hosted event included Ubisoft's hauntingly beautiful update of the Prince of Persia franchise, which won the prize for Best Visual Arts, and Ready at Dawn's portable action-adventure, God of War: Chains of Olympus, winner of the Best Handheld Game award. EA Redwood Shores' shocking horror title, Dead Space, won the prize for Best Audio award.

Additionally, successful independent developer 2D Boy, winner of the 2008 Independent Games Festival's Design Innovation award and Technical Experience award, snagged this year's Game Developers Choice award for Best Downloadable game for World of Goo.

The Game Developers Choice Awards, which honor the very best games of the year, are voted on by developers and created for developers.

They are produced and hosted by the GDC and presented by Gamasutra.com and Game Developer Magazine, with the aid of a distinguished Advisory Committee that includes many of the world's top game creators, and each award is decided by thousands of votes from game professionals worldwide.

This year, Hideo Kojima, the Corporate Officer, Executive Producer and Director of Kojima Productions and creator of the seminal Metal Gear series was presented with the Lifetime Achievement Award for his influence on the craft of game development and his twenty years of work on Metal Gear and other notable franchises.

In addition, Harmonix co-founders Alex Rigopulos and Eran Egozy, co-developers of a groundbreaking decade-plus long line of music games culminating in the Rock Band franchise, received the Pioneer Award for their work; and Tommy Tallarico, co-founder of the Video Games Live concert series and founder of the Game Audio Network Guild (G.A.N.G.), received the Ambassador Award for helping to advance the game audio community.

The recipients of the 9th Annual Game Developers Choice Awards are:

Game of the Year
Fallout 3 (Bethesda Softworks)

Best Game Design:
LittleBigPlanet (Media Molecule)

Best Writing:
Fallout 3 (Bethesda Softworks)

Best Technology:

Best Visual Arts:
Prince of Persia (Ubisoft Montreal)

Best Debut Game:

Best Handheld Game:
God Of War: Chains Of Olympus (Ready at Dawn)

Innovation Award:

Best Audio:
Dead Space (EA Redwood Shores)

Best Downloadable Game:
World Of Goo (2D Boy)

Recipients for the evening's special awards were:

Lifetime Achievement Award
Hideo Kojima

Pioneer Award
Alex Rigopulos and Eran Egozy

Ambassador Award
Tommy Tallarico

"Over the past nine years, the Game Developers Conference has become the premiere video game award show because it gives voice to those who understand games better than anyone; the people who make them," said Meggan Scavio, content director of the Game Developers Conference.

"The games being recognized here are virtuoso efforts that have truly advanced the state of video games. Our congratulations to all the talented and hardworking teams that put so much of themselves into their art."

Dumke
03/26/2009, 01:08 PM
Sorry this was from myc ompany's website and cant find the whole post linked some where else.

"....
Bethesda Softworks' "Fallout 3" seized the evening's top prize. The post-apocalyptic shooter, which is set in the ruins of Washington, D.C., blasted fellow nominees "LittleBigPlanet," Valve Software's "Left 4 Dead," Lionhead Studios' "Fable II" and Rockstar Games' "Grand Theft Auto IV" to win game of the year. "Fallout 3" was also awarded the best writing trophy.

"I was a nerd growing up in South Boston," said "Fallout 3" lead writer Emil Pagliarulo during his acceptance speech. "To all the nerds growing up in South Boston, don't play hockey. Don't join Little League. Stay in your room, read your Lloyd Alexander and play 'Dungeons and Dragons.' It all works out in the end."

...."

VehiGAZ
03/27/2009, 06:16 AM
My wife and I are not gamers (by any stretch), but when we saw a commercial for Fallout 3 the other day, we were stunned by how amazing it looked! I don't know video games, but I knew I'd never seen anything like that before! I of course mentioned that one of our VX brethren was involved it it...

Congratulations Wormgod!

WormGod
03/27/2009, 07:48 AM
Ya, big surprise to us too. Feels good. Kinda like the Oscars of the game development world. :cool:

Thanks guys. Doesn't mean work has died down of course, heh.

EDIT: (sorry, had to run to a meeting).... Really doesnt matter what platform you play it on. I personally prefer the 360 version because I can sit my lazy arse on the couch with my feet up on the coffee table, controller in hand. Each platform has it's advantages though. I will try to break it down like this:

360:
coffee table/couch comfort
looks and sounds as good as your tv and receiver will allow
downloadable content available

PS3:
coffee table/couch comfort
looks and sounds as good as your tv and receiver will allow

PC:
(comfort levels fail here)
looks and sounds as good as your computer hardware will allow (looks AWESOME on mine with my 30" monitor at 2560x1600!!!)
downloadable content available
fanbased mods available (HUGE perk!)
free official mod tools available for download to make your own mod packs

MAC:
hold your breath :p

WormGod
06/24/2009, 10:21 AM
I just found this out in a meeting this morning, about 1/2 hour before it went live. Our little company is really wearing big boy pants now. :bwgy:

http://www.zenimax.com/id.htm

don moore
06/24/2009, 10:34 AM
i did enjoy the pc version beter than my sons console 360.. the look was better ..I just wished they would make a mutiplay version ..that would be so cool... but ..so hows the vegas add on doing...grats Gary

WormGod
06/24/2009, 10:39 AM
i did enjoy the pc version beter than my sons console 360.. the look was better ..I just wished they would make a mutiplay version ..that would be so cool... but ..so hows the vegas add on doing...grats Gary

Ha, no word on Vegas. Obsidian is doing that and I am 110% hands off, unless they email with art questions. I am working on a new "unannounced" title at the moment. ;)

tomdietrying
06/24/2009, 12:03 PM
Congratulations on all your hard work.
Peace.
Tom

nfpgasmask
06/24/2009, 01:48 PM
Yeah, dude! Congrats. I wish I had the desire to spend the money on a new PC so I could check this game out...

Bart