PDA

View Full Version : One of you now....

JAMAS
03/25/2009, 06:30 AM
<sarcasm>you can probably group me in with all the modified rock crawlers now.</sarcasm>

I have successfully (I think) made my first modification to my VX. I installed a set of front and rear energy suspension greasable bushings.

That was just one of many in the list of things I want to do with the assistance of my favorite VX forum.

Just thought I would share.

:clap:High Fives on the house today:clap:

crager34
03/25/2009, 07:14 AM
That was just one of many in the list of things I want to do with the assistance of my favorite VX forum.

There is only ONE forum. There can be ONLY ONE.

:dan_ban:

Moncha
03/25/2009, 08:11 AM
So it begins.......

don moore
03/25/2009, 09:25 AM
jamas...good job ..do tell more ..how much was the cost ..how long did it take you ..and do you have pics...welcome to the world of specialty cars and trucks.

JAMAS
03/25/2009, 10:11 AM
Grease gun ($29)
Grease ($7)
Front Bushings ($29)
Rear Bushings ($19)

No more bed squeaking......Priceless.

The process was relatively easy. The fronts were more of a pain than the rear, but I got it. Latex gloves were great so that I didn't have red grease stained hands for a month.

So far, no more squeaking. It may be because I have been driving my Spyder for the past several days, but I feel like the bumps aren't as bad now that the sway bars are able to move freely. I only have about 10 miles of driving on the new bushings under my belt, but I can tell you that for the money, you cant beat the results.

Now....as long as nothing falls off, breaks, or otherwise gets messed up because of my mechanical work....I will be very happy.

don moore
03/25/2009, 11:20 AM
good job..thanks ..i think thats in my to do next month now ..THX