PDA

View Full Version : What are you doing to your VX this week?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Osteomata
03/19/2009, 07:21 PM
Inspired by an onging thread on another vehicle obsession forum, I thought we could motiviate each other toward better maintenance and/or activity with our trucks with a discussion thread about plans for our VX's this week. Perhaps we could do a "What Im gonna do" thread each week. Thursday seems like as good a start day as any, considering that it is just before the weekend.

Starting it off: This weekend, without fail, I will be doing my first oil/filter/PCV change. Mobil 1 5W30. In accordance with my promise to mi esposa, I will be spending a roughly equivalent amount of effort on her 98 Saab 900 vert, changing the oil/filter with Mobil 1 0W40. I also plan on doing round two of my VX headlight restoration: in the full daylight today I found enormous flaws in my first attempt. The Saab gets her first headlight treatment this weekend as well, 'cause thats fair. 1500 grit wet sand and Maguiere's Plast-X polish.

Also, hopefully my replacment title for my VW bug will arrive tomorrow, so I can close the sale with the lovely french couple that wants to buy it. SO a busy car weekend for me.

-Os

VX-157
03/19/2009, 08:02 PM
I have just purchase a set of new black steel rims + off road tyres. The new rims expose the hubs that were hidden by my alloy rim caps.

The hubs have surface rust and now stick out like dog balls. :eek:

I plan on getting some high temp black spray paint and after i have sanded of the surface rust i will coat them.

VX KAT
03/19/2009, 08:11 PM
Hey Os-
For my VX this week, I plan on packing up its back seat to ship to another great VX'er in Florida! :bgwp::coolp:

And then I'm making an appointment for the tranny & filter to be serviced. Got a case of Royal Purple ATF all ready to go.

nfpgasmask
03/19/2009, 08:13 PM
I need to clean the inside. It's getting a little farty in there. :eek: :) ;puke2;

Bart

MSHardeman
03/19/2009, 08:15 PM
I plan on trying to work the kinks out of my rear door popper. It stopped working a while ago (I'm sure due to my installation) and it would be nice to have it working again.

VX KAT
03/19/2009, 08:27 PM
Oops, forgot....my popper Plunger thing popped off today....that's definitely something I'm doing for my VX this week...er, uh, doing for me actually! This is the 3rd time needing fixed since install 6 weeks ago, each time different problem.....:madp:).

etlsport
03/19/2009, 08:35 PM
what issues are you guys having the the popper? i was having trouble with mine.. turns out that the latch that holds the hatch closed had moved, so i loosened it up all the way.. shut the hatch, opened it back up, and tightened it back down.. worked without fail since

well yesterday i cleaned my EGR, throttle body, idle control solenoid, and PCV valve also wiped down everything in the engine bay and polished it up..

putting some seafoam into the engine tomorrow right before a trip down to the delaware beaches for the weekend then when i get back monday..

i plan to do an oil change (local advanced auto has an oil change special.. 5 quarts of mobil 1 + mobil 1 oil filter for 29.99) with 10w-30

tuesday i start my new job at sears auto center.. so im sure a coolant flush and power steering flush wont be far behind.. ;Db;

oh and someday ill probably wash it

MSHardeman
03/19/2009, 09:52 PM
etl,

When I first installed the popper it worked like a charm, but after a couple of months went by one day I hit the button and.....nothing. I have the popper hooked up to a stock Isuzu rear hatch switch and I'm wondering if I burned the switch, fried the relay, or the wires in the switch harness came loose. I'm going to take it all out this weekend and redo it to see if I just missed something.

If you have any suggestions I'm all ears.

Sprey
03/19/2009, 10:53 PM
Well today i finally got back to putting my vxs front back together, as i pulled out the headlights to restore them and redo the seals.

Also finished off the install on the stereo.
Next week hopefuly my new wheels will arrive :D

VX KAT
03/19/2009, 11:08 PM
1) Had the popper button installed in "fuzzy box". First day the button came apart. They put a more robust button in - no problem since.

2) Worked for several weeks, then the hatch would "pop" but wouldn't fully release unless someone else held button down in dash. Shop "adjusted" something....then worked fine for a while.

3) This week, problem #2 above started again.

4) Had new stereo, iPod connection, old OEM CD player yanked and cubby box installed YESTERDAY, and they adjusted popper again.

5) TODAY the plunger looking thing with the rubber tip fell off completely when I pushed button, fell into hatch when I opened hatch with key.

Problem is.....A combination of my OEM stock shocks AND my rough, rutted, washboard dirt road that I have to travel 1/2 mile each way (to/from my house) AND I totally nailed a BAD rut going way too fast two days ago have just jiggled the heck out of everything and the popper pooped out! :laugho: THANKFULLY, my window tabs haven't broken YET from the severe vibrations, and Tim at SBC is installing the brackets on Tuesday.

So my VX should feel like it's getting the full spa treatment this week!:laugho:

Gussie2000
03/20/2009, 05:01 AM
Good thread OS !

If the package arrives on time,which i toughfully doubt will be installing my new cool air intake & clean up in interior a bit if weather doesn't mess up the plans

crotchrocket
03/20/2009, 05:40 AM
I've been working on mine every saturday,

Tomorrow a good clean (been driving round london covered in mud all week :D) then fitting a dvd player + screen and stereo

Osteomata
03/20/2009, 07:33 AM
Ack! Mar 23 snuck upon on me quick! I have to go back and read our PMs cause I can't recall how I was supposed to pay you, and other detials. Listen, I am going to Honduras and Guatemala this week, won't be back until Friday. If you are sending via greyhound, do you when it will arrive, and if it arrives befor I get back, is there any issue with them storing it until I do? This was a short notice business trip, hope it does not cause problems.
- Os

Hey Os-
For my VX this week, I plan on packing up its back seat to ship to another great VX'er in Florida! :bgwp::coolp:

And then I'm making an appointment for the tranny & filter to be serviced. Got a case of Royal Purple ATF all ready to go.

WormGod
03/20/2009, 07:55 AM
I hope to get around to finishing all of my rewiring after my rodent run-in. That is, if I can tear myself away from Resident Evil 5 long enough. :eek:

Poor VX has been in the garage with a battery disconnect for almost 2 weeks now and she needs to breathe.

vt_maverick
03/20/2009, 09:30 AM
Just finished installing what is surely the first of many window motor and regulator replacements (:rolleyes:). Also installed SBC replacement window clips.

Decided to put original carpeted mats back in the VX under the existing all season mats to save space in the shed. Already used the carpeted cargo mat as a template to cut pass-through holes in my all-season mat for the cargo hooks. Going to use the carpet mat again this weekend to cut a custom-fit (wall-to-wall) bed for my dog in the back.

Installing recently acquired Tone black step bars this weekend.

General cleanup...

JoFotoz
03/20/2009, 10:40 AM
Doing SBC window mods on the Astral VX this w/end....

...plus removing TONS of dead end wiring left in place from unfinished mods by PO :eek:

jo

JAMAS
03/20/2009, 11:10 AM
I have been slowly acquiring several items and I hope to begin installing, etc. sometime this week.

1. Window fix (Plastic to Metal) Thanks SBC!
2. Cut the Bump Stops I got off of blujfan9293's scrapped Ebony, in half. (I dont want to mess with mine)
3. Replace the current rubber sway bar bushings with energy suspension greasable bushings. (It sounds like I am jumping on my bed right now)
4. Grease the U-joints
5. Replace the Serpentine belt with Gatorback Serpentine belt.

For future summer plans....
1. Flush Transmission fluids
2. maybe replace timing belt (52,000 miles. Maybe I can push it a little further)
3. New rims and tires before winter.
4. win the lottery and hire a mechanic to staff my 30 car garage.

pbkid
03/20/2009, 11:28 AM
good idea for a thread!! it has gotten a ton of activity in one day!

lets see....im still waiting on my sliders to show up so i can install the diff gaurd and sliders at the local welder...

install my air tank and figure out how to run the hoses

order the SBC tabs

install all the parts sitting in my closet- dynamat from the doors back, 4channel amp, finish and mount my rear speakers, run all the wiring for roof lights, run wiring for door popper (eventually), run ipod cable to the radio.

2 weeks from now-
flush rear diff, x-case, radiator, and tranny fluids to get the VX ready for moab....

Osteomata
03/20/2009, 01:04 PM
Man, you guys have some serious plans, whilst all im doing is changing oil and doing some headlights. Ah well, I do have to do that on three cars. Between the VX, the wifes Saab, and the damn VW that I still don't have the title back from the DMV for (seller is chompin at the bit), Im turnin into a full time cartaker.

- Os

Marlin
03/20/2009, 01:41 PM
2nd and 3rd plate for the skid plate, replace SS bolts in front plate with SS barrel nuts, thanks for the advice guys. Drill more holes for hitch and mount permanently, wire hitch connection, Using reflective tape, put "Vx" on my hitch step. Finish sanding/painting rear half of undercarriage. Calibrate trailhead deflators again and play with CO2 bottle that is finally charged, gotta post how long it takes start to finish to deflate and inflate. Gonna be a busy saturday...you know you are doing it right when your wife complains that you love your car more than her:rolleyes:
I would love to wash it again, but its pollen time here, glad I have a proton, even my red expedition looks like a proton right now.

rowhard
03/20/2009, 02:36 PM
I plan on trying to work the kinks out of my rear door popper. It stopped working a while ago (I'm sure due to my installation) and it would be nice to have it working again.

For what it's worth department. I had a local shop install non-tone popper, and he wasn't sure how well it or how long it would work having to mount it in plastic. It did get out of adjustment causing an alarm issue.

PittVXr
03/20/2009, 08:10 PM
I'm going to try and track down a wire harness for my new head unit. If the weather isn't too bad I might pop the hood and take the elbow off of my airbox.

pbkid
03/20/2009, 08:36 PM
pittVX- sorry man i forgot to get back to you on the harness...

you need a metra 70-7712

any audio electronics store will have one...its a universal harness for all isuzu radios...

Travelin2
03/20/2009, 09:50 PM
I removed the front hubs today. Will pick up the seals in the morning then clean and repack the bearings. I am getting a rear end on Monday from Wisconsin. Will have a good project for a bit.

alanbradley
03/21/2009, 09:07 AM
I changed the alternator on mine today. Horrible job, but the old one was clogged solid with mud from last weekend's amusement...

A

pbkid
03/21/2009, 10:09 AM
well i have a confession...

i treated my cladding today with Back-to-Black plastic coating...:thumbup:

i must say, it actually works VERY well! the cladding literally soaked up the coating..you do have to apply it extremely liberally to not get dry spots, but as long as your willing to use nearly a whole bottle of the stuff it looks great!

now, for the confession part, which i know is punishable by death around here...it was my first time EVER treating my cladding, and probably the first time it was ever treated on my VX! :eek:

i thank moncha and mshardeman for inspiring me...i felt like a bad owner at the colorado meet when i saw how great their trucks looked... i always have kinda felt that if someone truely uses/wheels their rig it will most likely have some trail scrapes and scratches. but after seeing how clean they keep theirs (and keep up with the rest of us in moab) i realized that i can still have a great looking VX with some R&R!

now for me to start searching for parts to fix all the dented, scraped, scratched, crooked parts that i have interior and exterior of my VX :(
i have a feeling this may end up being pricey!

OHVX'er
03/21/2009, 01:58 PM
I was browsing Craigs list and a local Toyota dealer had some Yakima Load Warriors listed. I called their parts dept and talked to the guy and he said he would take any reasonable offer. I offered him 200 and he said he would give me one for that out the door. (I should of offered 150:) )
So I picked it up and instaled it today.

VCrossfan
03/21/2009, 02:50 PM
Summerizing?? Removing the winter wheels/tires and installing the Summer set, also re-installing the CF scooped insert I pull it each winter and run the stock insert plus I just had the CF insert clear-coated (CF1 c/c was getting weak). I also installed the rear camera/half-moon assembly (I run a stock during the winter also) but the biggest change I have done in the last week was the "Gas Cap" don't laugh... I've had a power loss and low-end hesitation for the last month or more and reading our forum and a few others the gas cap was the culprit. It still sealed and clicked and felt great but the big prob was up inside there's a whiteish plastic ring above the O.D. of the threads, it was broke and missing sections. So while I was a wal-mart I picked up the replacement (Stant model 10834 I think) I screwed it on and it runs much better. It never gave a a check engine error was the odd thing. So the fuel pump is getting it's positive pressure for recirculation now. I also threw a spare cap in my rear storage box ...

Marlin
03/21/2009, 03:04 PM
2nd and 3rd plate for the skid plate, replace SS bolts in front plate with SS barrel nuts, thanks for the advice guys. Drill more holes for hitch and mount permanently, wire hitch connection, Using reflective tape, put "Vx" on my hitch step. Finish sanding/painting rear half of undercarriage. Calibrate trailhead deflators again and play with CO2 bottle that is finally charged, gotta post how long it takes start to finish to deflate and inflate. Gonna be a busy saturday...you know you are doing it right when your wife complains that you love your car more than her:rolleyes:
I would love to wash it again, but its pollen time here, glad I have a proton, even my red expedition looks like a proton right now.

Well, I got the plate done, pics in the skid plate thread, replaced the fasteners, permanently mounted the hitch, then pressure washed her, and created a skidplate support bracket for my cone air filter. good enough for today.

vt_maverick
03/22/2009, 07:26 PM
Just finished installing what is surely the first of many window motor and regulator replacements (:rolleyes:). Also installed SBC replacement window clips.

Decided to put original carpeted mats back in the VX under the existing all season mats to save space in the shed. Already used the carpeted cargo mat as a template to cut pass-through holes in my all-season mat for the cargo hooks. Going to use the carpet mat again this weekend to cut a custom-fit (wall-to-wall) bed for my dog in the back.

Installing recently acquired Tone black step bars this weekend.

General cleanup...

Update... never got the step bars installed for two reasons:

(1) Lady in a Tahoe veered into my lane Friday at lunch and ran me off the road and over a curb at 40+ MPH

(2) Went casual car shopping and discovered when doing a trade-in eval that my wife's Honda Accord had frame damage from a previous owner. CarFax report was (and still is) clean, but somehow dealer-only AutoCheck had the info (it figures). So in one hour we went from being upside-down on the loan by ~$3000 to being upside-down at least $6500. So for financial and physical safety (infant coming home from the hospital in next few weeks) we needed to dump it ASAP.

No worries, though. I can now personally testify that you can hop a tall curve at 40+ MPH in a VX and sustain only minor curb rash to your rims. And we got a sweet deal on a pristine Axiom (1-owner, paint and interior look nearly new at 77K miles).

So maybe next weekend on the step bars... :rolleyes: :) ;)

WormGod
03/23/2009, 08:20 AM
I hope to get around to finishing all of my rewiring after my rodent run-in. That is, if I can tear myself away from Resident Evil 5 long enough. :eek:

Poor VX has been in the garage with a battery disconnect for almost 2 weeks now and she needs to breathe.

Recap:

I did NOTHING. I never even went into my garage this weekend. I was rarely home.

Come to think of it.... my weekend was dull and unproductive. I FAIL.

VehiGAZ
03/23/2009, 08:21 AM
Packing it up with my skis and/or snowboard and heading up to Mt Snow in VT for the annual guys' ski weekend with some buds.

I need to replace my Valeo wipers this week, though. The blades are awesome, but the plastic on the mounts is crap and gets brittle in winter, so both blades are "floating" at the end of the wiper arms. I saw that Bosche came out with a similar design, so I'm going to replace with those.

vt_maverick
03/23/2009, 09:12 AM
I just put on a set of Rain-X Latitude blades. They work great so far, but that's only been 4 days with just one rain shower. :)

Triathlete
03/23/2009, 10:07 AM
This past weekend the VX got some fresh Mobil 1 in the engine an a car wash (the first wash since sometime before November of last year:eek:).

tom4bren
03/23/2009, 10:18 AM
vt_maverick,

The step bars should only take about 30 minutes to install. I'll PM you my cell number if you want some pointers (kindly provided to me by Tone himself).

Tom

VehiGAZ
03/23/2009, 11:36 AM
I just put on a set of Rain-X Latitude blades. They work great so far, but that's only been 4 days with just one rain shower. :)

Thanks for the tip! I'll see what AutoZone has in stock...

tom4bren
03/23/2009, 11:45 AM
VehiGAZ,

Look at this thread for more info on wiper blades.

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=12109&highlight=wiper

Tom

Marlin
03/23/2009, 11:52 AM
If you can get a hold of some aquapel, you will never need nice blades again. It is like Rainx on crack. It is what they use on airplane windshields. I scored a case of it, and since one application lasts about 3 months or so, basically oil change to oil change, ice doesn't stick, rain, nothin....not even bugs;)

pbkid
03/23/2009, 12:55 PM
If you can get a hold of some aquapel, you will never need nice blades again. It is like Rainx on crack. It is what they use on airplane windshields. I scored a case of it, and since one application lasts about 3 months or so, basically oil change to oil change, ice doesn't stick, rain, nothin....not even bugs;)

damn...you need to hook us all up with some of that stuff...

where do you get it?

VehiGAZ
03/23/2009, 01:20 PM
Thanks Tom! Yeah, the Bosch Icons are what I was refering to. They are the same general blade design as Valeo wipers, but have their own mounting clip design. The spring-steel strip in the blades force them against the window no matter what the contour - the best approach, IMHO.

I may buy some for the FJ while I'm at it - it has three wipers with dinky little 14"-16" blades that freeze up constantly.

samneil2000
03/23/2009, 01:44 PM
I pulled the front cladding and removed 2 pair of non-working fog lights from a PO and installed a fairly clean set from AutoZone. Rather than running a new wire and switch setup, I spliced in to the factory wire. Now they come on with the parking lights. Sweet!
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/CIMG5320.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=13207)

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/CIMG5325.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=13209)

Also last weekend I too did the Back 2 Black treatment and have been very happy with the outcome. Makes the whole VX look better. I also claybarred and polished the sheetmetal. She's getting there.

Marlin
03/23/2009, 03:24 PM
damn...you need to hook us all up with some of that stuff...

where do you get it?

My dad got it where he got his oil changed, I scored my case at harbor freight. Remind me and I will bring some to Moab...they are like 5 bucks each. I will see if I can score some more if more are interested.

JoFotoz
03/23/2009, 03:27 PM
I'm interested...

My dad got it where he got his oil changed, I scored my case at harbor freight. Remind me and I will bring some to Moab...they are like 5 bucks each. I will see if I can score some more if more are interested.

Delivery to Moab would be perfect.

jo

pbkid
03/23/2009, 08:43 PM

that would work for me...

snowtrooper1966
03/23/2009, 09:21 PM
Thanks Tom! Yeah, the Bosch Icons are what I was refering to. They are the same general blade design as Valeo wipers, but have their own mounting clip design. The spring-steel strip in the blades force them against the window no matter what the contour - the best approach, IMHO.

I may buy some for the FJ while I'm at it - it has three wipers with dinky little 14"-16" blades that freeze up constantly.

Are the Icon's available for the VX?
I just did a search on the Bosch site and they did not come up....
Best,

VCrossfan
03/23/2009, 10:14 PM
Are the Icon's available for the VX?
I just did a search on the Bosch site and they did not come up....
Best,

Yes they are..Buy the 24" (drivers) and 17" (passenger). They've done well for me for atleast 2 years now...

AndyC
03/24/2009, 07:26 AM
I took a weekend trip to Boston :)
Saturday - Quincy market, North end, little Italy, China town
Sunday - Quincy market for a quick breakfast then the Aquarium and 3D IMAX - totally amazing and finally Little Italy for dinner & take home pastries and then home.

We had a great time except for my engine light coming on. Rough low idle at times. I'll check it out tonight for what code.

Andy

Sprey
03/25/2009, 12:00 AM
Went and picked up some Ome912s :D. Sorted out shipment of my new rims.

Getting there nicely. Lifted Vx soon :D

Gussie2000
03/25/2009, 12:24 PM
I got the air intake kit delivered monday afternoon though.
If weather give me a break(has been pretty chilly & windy) this late afternoon I'll have it installed.This weekend I might go clubbing,here's a new latino club's grand opening so I'm up for some salsa dancing

pbkid
03/25/2009, 02:44 PM
well, did some work on my VX yesterday...

1- installed my IPOD cable to my 2-din screen
2- plugged in all the works for the rear view camera and dropped the cables behind the pass seat for now until i have time to run them properly to the rear
3- semi-finished my rear speakers (put the other one in the box and redid the first one i did a little jenky) now i gotta finish the face of them so they look great.. plugged em in, they sound AMAZING!!
4- sliders showed up in the mail yesterday too!!
gonna go get the sliders and the diff guard installed in the next couple of days..and install my air tank..

don moore
03/25/2009, 02:49 PM
did my car wash detail 2 days ago :o.today.the wify said to take the dogs in for nail clips and wash :(..now i got to cleans the insides ...lots of dog hair .:mad:.

pbkid
04/10/2009, 06:33 PM
just a little BUMP to remind everyone to maintain their VX!

also, yesterday-
i finished up mounting and running my back-up camera, and ran all the wiring for overhead lights...
i also removed the entire interior for dynamatting ASAP

today- picked up 5 QT's of MOBIL1 synthetic for an oil change tomorrow ;)
picked up a new PCV to go with the oil change
MAF sensor cleaner for the MAF and the IAC
new air filter
new fuel filter

tomorrow- change the oil on both of my cars ;)
clean air filters on both of the cars ;)
clean the MAF and IAC on the VX
change the fuel filter
research and get fluids/parts to do both diffs, x-case, and tranny fluid changes

next week- get the sliders and diff guard put on, along with change both diffs, x-case, and tranny fluid

just wanted to update everyone...:p

ps- waiting on my red tail light film from jdm monkey too! installed as soon as they show up

etlsport
04/10/2009, 07:01 PM
i need to do my fuel filter.. feelin a bit sluggish of late.. i did check my diffs and trans today.. and gave the vx a very extensive detailing.. so detailed actually that my neighbor came over to take photos! he said his sister couldnt get over the shine so she wanted photos

also rotated my tires (and rotated the full size spare in now that its the same tread depth as all the rest)

my borla exhaust tip came in the mail though! its supposed to "mellow" the exhaust and help with low end torque.. im a bit skeptical but it is borla, so i do trust the name.. we shall see, hopefully by saturday itll be installed

tjh
04/10/2009, 07:08 PM
Installed new stereo head unit today . Tomorrow "weather pending" , Install tiny touch screen monitor and rear view camera . Procrastinate about changing fuel filter . Maybe go and pick up fluids for diffs .

pbkid
04/10/2009, 07:10 PM
tjh-
the backup camera is DEFINATELY worth the money and the $ on the VX because of the visibility problems...

Gussie2000
04/10/2009, 08:16 PM
Today i took the day off & had a long 4 1/2 hours drive to binghampton,upstate NY to visit friends.

1rst time ever i drove around 400 + miles in a single day,my VX performed as it was built for,sweapping thru the I-80 & the I-380 lanes at 80 MPH & having some fun changing lanes whilst cornering near the delaware water gap;I was concern about the oil burn,yes i losed about 1/4 of a quart;Had my brother-in-law to be with me as "co-pilot" although he dropped to sleep many times heading back home,hell, a two hours traffic due road work narrowing all the lanes to one extended the time to 6 hours heading back to NYC from binghampton.:mady:

Beside the traffic every thing was perfect,three guys on a hyundai 'TIBURON' followed me about 35 miles probably trying to figured out "WTF" is that. :p

So getting ready to meet fellow Vx'ers on july.'ll be working the following weeks to find the right spot to host all the attending members.

tjh
04/10/2009, 08:18 PM
Yeah ! I figure If I want to run some one or something over while backing up the camera will give me an extra edge :) . I picked up a little pioneer camera, and a 4.5 inch boyo monitor earlier today. I hope they do the job . Also , I just got word of a used mac mini . I might buy it and install it in the VX .

Travelin2
04/10/2009, 09:22 PM
Going to install 3 new pieces of cladding on the passenger side tommorrow.

JoFotoz
04/10/2009, 09:29 PM
How badly damaged is the rear wheel well piece?

I'm looking for one...and a bit beat up could be OK.

jo

vt_maverick
04/10/2009, 10:17 PM
Hopefully washing the thick layer of pollen off the VX. Foxfire + Yellow = Disgusting

don moore
04/10/2009, 10:34 PM
wife said we have to do yard work saterday...hmmm i think il park in the yard...hehe

Gussie2000
04/11/2009, 07:20 AM

jo

Hi jo what's up ?

Look i bought a $ 55 wireless back up camera from ebay last year,actually was the 1rst mod i ever did on the horse since i purchase it.

It comes with a 3.5" screen,the camera is positioned over the upper edge of the license plate although i managed to remove the camera from the holding hardware & placed it on the half moon cladding & just attatch the wiring to the back up light.

The screen can be positioned on one of the AC vents,the sunvisor or over the dash board;I like how it works,very fair for the price

PittVXr
04/11/2009, 08:56 AM
I'm going to debadge the front grill and replace the ISUZU with the VX logo I bought on ebay last week.

Travelin2
04/11/2009, 02:15 PM

jo

jo; I'm attaching some photos

JoFotoz
04/11/2009, 02:56 PM
Thanks Travelin...

Its beat up the wrong end for me I'm afraid...back end damage would of been OK.

Oh well...thanks for posting the pics.

jo

Travelin2
04/11/2009, 03:19 PM
You bet jo, The damage was done by a teenager on a cell phone while the rig was sitting at a stop light. Damaged the cladding a little tin work and shoved the rear wheel back enough to damage the axle housing slightly. It ripped the weld on the housing at the forward rod mount. The shop used by the insurance co. Quoted full bore price on a complete axle etc. The total repair came to 6800 bucks. The ins. co. totaled it. The original owner told me that 3 days later the rig pulled up at his place of business looking fine and 3 Russian fellows came in and ask him for the remotes for the door locks. When he started questioning them about how they could have got the thing repaired already if it was so bad they took off. He thinks he was scammed on the deal and isn't a happy camper. I mentioned that I would be willing to purchase the VX stuff he has but he never returned my call. I guess when you get your girlfriend stolen you're bound to be sore for awhile.

rowhard
04/11/2009, 05:26 PM

John, you found replacements, Cool, now all you will have to do is get them to color match,..... good luck

JoFotoz
04/11/2009, 07:58 PM
I'm gonna fit the ORW with a new drivers side window regulator...

...and the SBC window "Support/rack".

I did it to the VXEN a few weeks ago...

...so much better!

jo

WormGod
04/13/2009, 07:42 AM
Put some RallyArmor flaps on my WRX this weekend. While I was at it, I toyed around with them for fitment on the VX. Looks like, they just might work with some minor adjusting, and they do offer a universal set anyways (ones on my WRX are pre-fitted). Gonna hook myself up with a set and try it out. MachV tends to get parts out to me quick so maybe this coming weekend I will be able to give it a shot.

RallyArmor (http://www.rallyarmor.com/store/universal-urethane-rally-flap-red-logo-p-267.html)

Oh, and CEL 442 popped up so I will be looking into that one too. Throttle position sensor if I am correct. Have not looked into it yet. :(

MSHardeman
04/13/2009, 08:28 AM
Finished up my CB install. Got the cb itself mounted to the side of the transmission tunnel, got the mic mounted to the dash on a custom made plate, and got the antenna wire run so it's all hidden. I mounted the antenna with a clamp style mount to the roof basket and now the VX looks like a big remote control car.

This actually took me a couple of weekends to do only because I wanted to make sure that when I take the CB out (I won't run it year round, just for Moab) I can tuck the wires away and you'd never know the CB was there in the first place.

pbkid
04/13/2009, 12:42 PM
Finished up my CB install. Got the cb itself mounted to the side of the transmission tunnel, got the mic mounted to the dash on a custom made plate, and got the antenna wire run so it's all hidden. I mounted the antenna with a clamp style mount to the roof basket and now the VX looks like a big remote control car.

This actually took me a couple of weekends to do only because I wanted to make sure that when I take the CB out (I won't run it year round, just for Moab) I can tuck the wires away and you'd never know the CB was there in the first place.

woohoo!!! there are gonna more people to communicate with like myself with a real CB ;)

MSHardeman
04/13/2009, 01:15 PM
That's a big 10-4 good buddy.

nfpgasmask
04/13/2009, 03:34 PM
Mark, can you post some details and pics? Where exactly did you mount the CB? I would like one mounted up high like in a big rig but our head room is bad to begin with.

Bart

pbkid
04/13/2009, 08:37 PM
Mark, can you post some details and pics? Where exactly did you mount the CB? I would like one mounted up high like in a big rig but our head room is bad to begin with.

Bart

with the amount of time you spend wheeling i would think you would have a perminently mounted CB...

you could do something like mine, give a nice concealed look but great function..

i have mine mounted in the center console...ill try to get some pics for you tomorrow

MSHardeman
04/14/2009, 08:23 AM
Bart,

A friend is borrowing my camera right now, but I'll try and get some camera-phone shots so you can see what's going on. I thought about mounting the CB on the ceiling between the visors, but that would mean I would have to drill or cut into the headliner and I'm not about to do that. It looks a little "stuck on" mounted to the side of the transmission tunnel, but I think it works; particularly as a "temporary" installation.

Also, I'm sure you'll like this part, everything is black. I bought a Cobra 29LTDBC radio (http://www.walcottcb.com/cobra-29ltdbc-black-chrome-cb-radio-p-1242.html) because it's black chrome with a blue LED read out. SWEET!! I then painted the mounting bracket black so with the black and grey interior and the tinted windows it's really subtle.

Pics to come.

Gussie2000
04/14/2009, 08:46 AM
This weekend if mama nature allows me to i'll have the engine oil change from 10w-30 to 0w-30 ( mobil 1 )
Flushe the engine with a cheap oil to get all that old oil outter the engine

deermagnet
04/17/2009, 12:18 PM
Today I just did a few easy preventive maintenance things.

Cleaned the MAF sensor with electrical contact cleaner. I don't have any problems, I do that once a year every spring to avoid MAF sensor issues.

Cleaned the idle air control valve. I first did this after seven years and it was extremely dirty. Two years later it was hardly dirty at all and didn't really need it.

Took off the throttle position sensor for the first time to see if it needs any cleaning. It didn't. There's no dirt issues there and it doesn't need to come off unless there's a problem with it.

Sanded and painted the wiper arms. I do that about every two years. I use flat black Rustoleum. Replaced the wiper blades also.

Hit the hinges and latches on all four sides with white lithium grease.

Dumped a pint of Seafoam in the gas tank.

Mark Griffin (a VX lifer) :_steering

CrnCnn
04/17/2009, 12:48 PM
This weekend I plan to....
Change my pads and rotors.
Install Diff brackets.
Put my passenger CV back in.
Install manual hubs.
Install a muffler.

WormGod
04/17/2009, 01:35 PM
Got my RallyArmor mudflaps in. Gonna see about mounting them and what is gonna be involved in doing so.

Other than that, trying to solve the 442 CEL. Hopefully it's just a loose gas cap.

pbkid
04/17/2009, 02:02 PM
Install a muffler.

do you have a welder???

CrnCnn
04/17/2009, 02:15 PM
do you have a welder???

I dont. But know people who do.

JoFotoz
04/17/2009, 02:19 PM
Gonna fit Heavy duty INDY4X Tie Rods to ORW...

...and lube her up , cause she's squeeeekkkkking!

jo

nfpgasmask
04/17/2009, 04:13 PM
This weekend I plan to....
Change my pads and rotors.
Install Diff brackets.
Put my passenger CV back in.
Install manual hubs.
Install a muffler.

So you gonna be 4x4 again??

Bart

CrnCnn
04/17/2009, 08:58 PM
So you gonna be 4x4 again??

Bart

Yeah, but that stuff might wait til next weekend. We had Gracie fixed today and I dont want to leave her all alone all day tomorrow.

Sprey
04/18/2009, 09:32 PM
Finaly fixed my dash ratte ( i hope ) Had one screw just sitting there in a hole behind the dash. took out the dash insert over 4 times testing it for the squeak. Finaly got the screw out and put some rubbar cault in the gaps where some of the metal touches metal and now no noise!.

hope it lasts

Gussie2000
04/18/2009, 10:29 PM
Today was all a perfect day,sunny on the upper 60's,no chances of rains,etc :)

So with mama nature giving the north east region a break i went down stairs around 10:15 & started my oil change by loosing the oil pan plug,then let the oil drained completly;After 30 minutes i put back the oil pan plug & poured two quarts of clean oil,started the engine & let it run for 5 minutes.

I left the engine to rest for 15 minutes,then removed the oil pan plug again & drained any old oil that was still in the engine with the two quarts of oil i added earlier;Thereafter i got rid of the old PCV valve,cleaned the rubber hose with a bit of bleach & let it down to dry whilst i were replacing the old oil filter (M1-104),hook up the new PCV valve & with all that done i poured 4 1/2 quarts of mobil 1 0w-30.

Checked oil level & ran the engine for 10 minutes while looking out for possible leaks & started detailing the interior with armorall,vacuum the floor mats & floor,tires were also detail as well as the rims,check all tire pressure & also detailed the hood bra by covercraft with leather conditioner.check out all lights & rest of the fluids (brakes,coolant & windshield) did i missed any thing ? :confused:

Again was all just a perfect day :) :)

Marlin
04/19/2009, 05:03 AM
Did ya grease all the Zirc fittings?

I replaced front and rear sway bar bushings with the greasable type. PITA!!! The front bushings from IND4X were the wrong type I think. The actual rubber portion was correct, but the bracket did not fit, but with the some grinding, and man handling, I made it work. The rear were a pain too. One of the bracket bolts broke off, so I had to drill that out, tap a new hole....
One of the original bushings had actually worn all the way through in the front!!!! It steers a lot better now, and makes the shocks feel stiffer in the front.
I installed my second camera in the back. I cried when I saw the rust under the rear cladding:( Now I have one for for use as my digital rear view, and another pointing at the ground for reverse camera. The monitor is my rear view mirror.
I also changed my oil, with quaker state 4x4 torque synthetic.
Remounted my skidplates after adding access to the oil filter, and drain plug, greased all the zircs, checked everything for leaks, looseness, cried again when I saw the rust on the undercarriage.
Cleaned/oiled my K&N filter.
Today, I will look at the CB mounting project, deflate/inflate tires with CO2, mount the inverter, mount CO2 bottle and fire extinguisher. I need to pull the driving light fixtures, they have condensation in them, so I will reseal them with some RTV. Time to start packing for Uwharrie, can't believe its only a few days away!!!
I started Saturday morning at about 830 and didn't stop until about 1630. I took 2 breaks, one to eat lunch, one to change out of coveralls and into shorts. It was in the 80s yesterday. A good day overall.

Gussie2000
04/19/2009, 05:35 AM
[QUOTE=Marlin;155276]Did ya grease all the Zirc fittings?

Upsss ! :o

I did missed that one marlin

Thanks for the tip :)

Gussie2000
04/19/2009, 05:46 AM
Did ya grease all the Zirc fittings?

I replaced front and rear sway bar bushings with the greasable type. PITA!!! The front bushings from IND4X were the wrong type I think. The actual rubber portion was correct, but the bracket did not fit, but with the some grinding, and man handling, I made it work. The rear were a pain too. One of the bracket bolts broke off, so I had to drill that out, tap a new hole....
One of the original bushings had actually worn all the way through in the front!!!! It steers a lot better now, and makes the shocks feel stiffer in the front.
I installed my second camera in the back. I cried when I saw the rust under the rear cladding:( Now I have one for for use as my digital rear view, and another pointing at the ground for reverse camera. The monitor is my rear view mirror.
I also changed my oil, with quaker state 4x4 torque synthetic.
Remounted my skidplates after adding access to the oil filter, and drain plug, greased all the zircs, checked everything for leaks, looseness, cried again when I saw the rust on the undercarriage.
Cleaned/oiled my K&N filter.
Today, I will look at the CB mounting project, deflate/inflate tires with CO2, mount the inverter, mount CO2 bottle and fire extinguisher. I need to pull the driving light fixtures, they have condensation in them, so I will reseal them with some RTV. Time to start packing for Uwharrie, can't believe its only a few days away!!!
I started Saturday morning at about 830 and didn't stop until about 1630. I took 2 breaks, one to eat lunch, one to change out of coveralls and into shorts. It was in the 80s yesterday. A good day overall.

I now how it feels when you saw that evil amount of rust :(

My VX is original from massachussets,over there salt is the common tool for winter,here in NYC,the city uses beach sand,which is a non-corrosive element & avoids the ice to freez up & turn into black ice which is undetectable at human's eye

My bumper reinforcements is also rusted a bit,my mech told to steam wash the undercarriage & he'll add some anti-rust coat film & lube all around to avoid further rust

Marlin
04/19/2009, 11:15 AM
I now how it feels when you saw that evil amount of rust :(

My VX is original from massachussets,over there salt is the common tool for winter,here in NYC,the city uses beach sand,which is a non-corrosive element & avoids the ice to freez up & turn into black ice which is undetectable at human's eye

My bumper reinforcements is also rusted a bit,my mech told to steam wash the undercarriage & he'll add some anti-rust coat film & lube all around to avoid further rust

My VX spent the first 8 years of it's life in Akron, Ohio, same deal, tons of salt and snow. It was a single owner and apparently garaged. It looks new on the external, but crawl underneath....I have been working on it, naval jelly, flush, brush on rustoleum enamel and spray where I can't get a brush. Its a lot better, but slow going. Oh well, some of the body seams show rust, but I didn't get it for a show car...

MSHardeman
04/19/2009, 01:10 PM
Marlin,

Your new greasable sway bar bushings are the correct ones. The brackets on the front ones hang out on everyone's VX. I replaced mine last year and thought the same thing that you did, but when I got to Moab and saw that everyone's brackets stuck out on the bottom I felt a little better. I'll have to take a look at yours in Moab, because I was going to grind mine down too, but (from what I remember) if I ground them down enough, I would have ground into the mounting slot and it would have been open on one end and I didn't like that. Did you end up grinding both ends so that neither of the slots is open?

Marlin
04/19/2009, 03:03 PM
I didn't mind that overhang, it was the top half that was the problem. It wouldn't fit in there between the bolt that holds the actual mount to the frame and the bracket. I ground that end down about 1/8", made it look original, not all the way to the slot. Then I just bent it into place. Sorry to disappoint, but I have the overhang as well:)

Marlin
04/19/2009, 06:15 PM
I did not want to resurrect the Wasabi video thread, so here you go. I was at Sams Club today, they had the Oregon Scientific action camera on clearance under seasonal. Got it for 40 bucks. Came with all kinds of mounting attachments. It is waterproof, mud proof, shock resistant...It shoot VGA, a 1 gig card gets me 30min of video/audio. I screwed around with it a bit, mounted it on the luggage rack, fits perfect, no vibration, great shot down the hood. Cons, it needs daylight, it was dusk/dark and it has a short range lens, so not too great. I will shoot a short vid tomorrow and post it, Wasabi, I accept your challenge for making a better video, I will be at Uhwarrie this weekend and make some sweet clips. I have 2 2 gig cards and a couple of 4 gig cards. Plenty of memory. :cool:

johnnyapollo
04/19/2009, 06:54 PM
Oil change and new plugs. That back one on the driver's side was a beotch! Had to use a wobble extension and a universal.

-- John

etlsport
04/19/2009, 07:19 PM
tomorrow the vx gets new headlight bulbs, a new rear view camera, a bath, and gonna top off all the fluids

Osteomata
04/19/2009, 07:22 PM
1. Installed an OEM roof rack, woot!

2. Also installed my missing spare tire cover knob (thanks Merlin). Just beware, if you order any replacement knobs, they do NOT come with the C-clips. Fortunately, I had the c-clip for my missing knob.

3. Superglued my broken plastic cover that hides the tire wrench. (Managed to break off a 2"x2" section while removing some luggage from the back) It ain't a perfect repair, not sure if I will seek a replacement or not)

You know what is cool about being so motivated to work on the VX? I am also spending equal time working on my wifes Saab 900 vert. This weekend I replaced the trunk emblem, the hood shocks, and the cabin filter. Did a Rickshaw-type cleaning on that hole hidden section as well.

- Os

pbkid
04/19/2009, 10:31 PM
alright, i did my last purchase for the VX until after moab..the rest of my money is going to be saved for gas, food, and shelter ;)

SBC window brackets...

hopefully the red-rock crew is still down to help me install them...

WormGod
04/20/2009, 07:44 AM
Oil change and new plugs. That back one on the driver's side was a beotch! Had to use a wobble extension and a universal.

-- John

Curious John, what plugs did you go with? I like to keep tabs on the S/C'd guys to see what they like best and what works well. Any impressions on yours yet?

johnnyapollo
04/20/2009, 09:33 AM
I'm trying the NKGs - thought about the Densos but wanted to check these out first.
The install was fairly straight-forward even if the back plugs were a bit ackward to reach. One of mine was pretty rusty but I checked the boot and didn't see any cracks or splits so I decided to keep an eye on it (and cranked it down fairly tight). So far I'm noticing a bit quicker throttle response, but that may be due to the ECU reset so it's hard to tell. The VX was driving OK previously if a little sluggish. I actually don't have the SC on right now - getting a bad drive bearing replaced but it needs to wait until after my taxes are paid (the unit is sitting in a box). After driving with the SC and then going back, the VX actually is fairly peppy in near stock config, quite a surprise.

-- John

JoFotoz
04/20/2009, 09:39 AM
Bring a razor blade , some solvent ...and RUM.....:p

alright, i did my last purchase for the VX until after moab..the rest of my money is going to be saved for gas, food, and shelter ;)

SBC window brackets...

hopefully the red-rock crew is still down to help me install them...

Its a good "stoop" project....;)

I've got spare glass to metal epoxy - same as I used ...

.... you'll need to keep the windows Up and Closed over-night.

jo

WormGod
04/20/2009, 10:39 AM
Tinkered around with those RallyArmor flaps this weekend. They will be great in the rear, but I am in a pickle with the front. Because I did rear-well trim in the fronts, I am running into a lack of mounting area. Until I decide how to get around that obstacle, I am holding off. Used some duct tape to hold them up in there so I could get a full walkaround to see how they looked. Man.... I want them in there NOW, heh.

Would have been handy this morning. With my crazy offset, I motorboat down the highway at speed with the craziest roostertail, hahaha.

http://www.adventure-sports.co.uk/images/15x10/Rooster-Tail.jpg

Once cmpleted, other drivers will love me for it. ;)

pbkid
04/20/2009, 12:46 PM
Bring a razor blade , some solvent ...and RUM.....:p

Its a good "stoop" project....;)

I've got spare glass to metal epoxy - same as I used ...

.... you'll need to keep the windows Up and Closed over-night.

jo

what kind of solvent?? and better yet....what kind of rum???

so can i 'borrow' some of that extra epoxy you have??

and i always leave my windows up and car armed while sleeping ;)

to be completely honest i feel like im gonna be scalded for the poor job i did before trying to fix them :o

do i need to bring a portable light? drill? handheld screwdriver? some pick tools to put the door back together? :)

JoFotoz
04/20/2009, 01:14 PM
Just a good "GOO" remover to clean up the window after scraping the old "goo" off with the razor blade.

what kind of solvent?? and better yet....what kind of rum???
can i 'borrow' some of that extra epoxy you have??
do i need to bring a portable light? drill? handheld screwdriver? some pick tools to put the door back together? :)

I'll have same lights I had last year...and tools are everywhere at "the stoop" garage!
Unca' Dub is right next door...so never fear!

Ya can have the glue...its enough for two windows.

MOUNT GAY RUM (yellow label..the cheap one!) should "seal" the deal!

jo

Triathlete
04/26/2009, 07:32 PM
In prep for Moab just got done replacing the T-case fluid, front brake pads, and fixed a very small coolant leak I have had for a while (would spit a drop or 2 every week or so).:cool:

pbkid
04/26/2009, 09:25 PM
MOUNT GAY RUM (yellow label..the cheap one!) should "seal" the deal!

jo

how do you feel about capt. morgan?? i dont think we have mount gay rum

MSHardeman
04/26/2009, 09:27 PM
FINALLY, got the HID's installed. Those son-of-a-guns are BRIGHT. Now I'm looking for a reason to drive at night and try them out.:bgwo:

technocoy
04/26/2009, 09:31 PM
spring cleaning!

I even cleaned the doorjambs and under the hood. :smilewink

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3224/thumbs/front5.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=13726)http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3224/thumbs/rear4.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=13727)

pbkid
04/26/2009, 09:41 PM
FINALLY, got the HID's installed. Those son-of-a-guns are BRIGHT. Now I'm looking for a reason to drive at night and try them out.:bgwo:

worth every penny huh?

pbkid
04/26/2009, 09:42 PM
spring cleaning!

I even cleaned the doorjambs and under the hood. :smilewink

nice ;)

Triathlete
04/26/2009, 09:42 PM
how do you feel about capt. morgan?? i dont think we have mount gay rum

Thats just gay!:laughy:

**yes, pun intended!**

Gussie2000
04/27/2009, 05:25 AM
My engine light came on pop in P0446 on thursday & made my mind to check all hoses,connectors,valves & cut off valve at the engine bay then under the truck & found so far any thing wrong,however i believe the canister is bad/need cleaning or wire running to it is loose or got a short.

Called the mech to arrange a inspection

VehiGAZ
04/27/2009, 06:33 AM
I put my VX in the garage and busted out the 928 on Sunday! :-) Quite liberating...

WormGod
04/27/2009, 08:46 AM
Put my RallyArmor on Friday night. The first chance I get, I am taking them off. I think the VX looks god-awful with mudpflaps now that I can see one in person. :(

alanbradley
04/27/2009, 09:41 AM
Mine's getting a lift - a couple of bonus inches from some lightly (:rolleyes:) used springs and a bit of a twiddle with the torsion bars. Which will be handy. Alignment will be interesting - I may find somewhere slightly more specialised that Kwak-Fit to have a look...

Even better than that is that the dead ventilation system is being resurrected (issue with power for it going to the fuse box) and its not going to bankrupt me in the process.

;)

A

Ldub
05/06/2009, 01:07 PM
Finally got off my "lazy with a capital L" arse today & gave the ol' girl a much needed bath...bout time, it's been since last fall...:mbrasd:

Of course, it's threatening to rain now...:rolleyesg

Then treated her to some new wiper blades & a full tank of Primo.

Still have MUCH to do before "go time" on SAT, but hey, if I get all the fluids topped up, put the skid plates back on, the brakes checked/ replaced if needed, & the tires rotated, I'll feel pretty good about the whole deal...:_confused

No, still no locker this year...:sighwgray

But I think I'll go to Moab & have fun anyway...:dance:

Moncha
05/06/2009, 01:26 PM
I'll be washing and waxing. We got new TGs on the little critter so we can climb safely. I'll also be putting an AUX input adapter for the stereo.

pbkid
05/06/2009, 01:45 PM
I'll be washing and waxing. We got new TGs on the little critter so we can climb safely. I'll also be putting an AUX input adapter for the stereo.

using the same one i just sold scott??

im also planning on washing, waxing, detailing, and putting my car back together ;)

MSHardeman
05/06/2009, 02:24 PM
Washing, clay bar-ing, waxing, waxing, waxing, sealing, polishing wheels, treating cladding...all for Moab where it will promptly get dusty, but she'll look gooooood when she sees her brothers and sisters again.

Scott, I see you decided to go with the Terra Grapplers. Did you go with the 60 or 55 aspect ratio? If you went with the 60's did you actually TRIM the cladding?:eek:

Moncha
05/06/2009, 03:22 PM
No, one that runs through the antenna input.. I hear it works pretty well.

MSHardeman
05/06/2009, 04:02 PM
Scott, I'm guessing the the TG in your post refers to the Terra Grapplers, so I was asking if you had to trim the cladding to get the tires to fit. I figured that if you really had cut the cladding I would have heard you crying from here.:p

pbkid
05/06/2009, 06:19 PM
No, one that runs through the antenna input.. I hear it works pretty well.
yup, they do work pretty well..do you still have your factory radio??? if so, the direct input one i was using is actually a digital connection, if not then buy one specifically for your radio...but the antenna one will definately get the job done ;)

rowhard
05/06/2009, 07:23 PM
Well, in prep of the Moab trip, (tranny was serviced a few weeks ago) This past weekend I: installed (3) trooper skid plates, changed fluids in transfer case, both diff's, engine oil and filter, Fuel filter, fuel pressure regulator change, air filter cleaned and oiled, MAP cleaned, all lube points hit, two power points installed and if it would ever stop raining here in Western Washington I might get around to detailing my beloved VX for it's Moab premier.

Moncha
05/07/2009, 07:50 AM
....yup, they do work pretty well..do you still have your factory radio??? if so....

Yeah I'm a hold out for the OEM setup. The good thing is, the whole thing works!.. I think for as much as I drive the VX the antenna deal will work.

alanbradley
05/16/2009, 01:31 AM
I'm off to check the transmission fluid as I changed it last weekend.

I'm not sure that what came out was meant to be this colour:-

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/alanbradley/VehiCross%20Stuff/IMG_0122.jpg

:eek:

So its now all pink and sweet-smelling!

A

Gussie2000
06/02/2009, 09:33 PM
I'll be painting my calipers in red,detail inside (vacuum,leather conditioner,dash & trim on armorall,etc).

alanbradley
06/03/2009, 07:07 AM
Stripping out the radiator (again) to rinse it through and clean the weekend's mud out/off...

A

PittVXr
06/03/2009, 07:16 AM
Just got my new sway bar bushings in the mail yesterday. Hopefully they will be going on on Sunday.

alanbradley
07/05/2009, 01:33 PM
Got the 3 rear windows tinted - finally - yesterday (the Yaris is there all week - managed to get discounts for both cash and volume!) and swapped over the driver and passenger seats as the outer bolster of the driver's seat was getting a bit squashed.

All good fun and another couple of small steps of improvement :)

A

pbkid
07/05/2009, 02:28 PM
well done alan..

Sprey
07/06/2009, 03:48 AM
Got the 3 rear windows tinted - finally - yesterday (the Yaris is there all week - managed to get discounts for both cash and volume!) and swapped over the driver and passenger seats as the outer bolster of the driver's seat was getting a bit squashed.

All good fun and another couple of small steps of improvement :)

A

Nice wat % for the Tints?

So far this week Well the Weekend i finaly got around to greasing up the joints on the driveshaft (thanks to Etlsports Video and lots of thread on here it was very easy!)
And thanks to regreasing it i have lost the drivetrain vibration that i got after lifting and also a bit of a clunky noise at speeds over 90kmh has disappeared.

No idea when they were last greased but something im gonna keep on top of every couple of months or so.

Also got a set of Mud flaps off a Isuzu Mu ( I think Amigo for you guys) And fitted them to my vx. They look very good and go the job well.
Only had to drive new holes inthe flaps and the odd hole in the cladding. (poor cladding):bgwo:

vt_maverick
07/06/2009, 04:10 AM
Pics of the flaps?

Sprey
07/06/2009, 04:31 AM
Pics of the flaps?

Will do tomorrow
There the Standard Rubber ones with Isuzu Logos on the rear
I have only fitted the rear flaps so far has have to mod the guards for the front ones.

VXNIT
07/06/2009, 03:15 PM
Had all windows retinted from when I did it in 04 with 6% Limo. new BF's all around... Started researching window fix and new door speakers to complete all at one time.

Travelin2
07/06/2009, 06:44 PM
Changed transmission and adapter pan gaskets, changed transmission and transfer case fluid.

Sprey
07/06/2009, 10:06 PM
Will do tomorrow
There the Standard Rubber ones with Isuzu Logos on the rear
I have only fitted the rear flaps so far has have to mod the guards for the front ones.

Here we go - Yes my vx is very dirty too cold lately to wash it :p
http://i310.photobucket.com/albums/kk404/sprey16/IMG_1229.jpg
One origional hole was used Then two new holes were drilled in the cladding. For the origional hole just a new hole in the mudflap.
I only drilled the new hole because i wanted them to stick out a bit more because of my offset wheels.
http://i310.photobucket.com/albums/kk404/sprey16/IMG_1230.jpg
http://i310.photobucket.com/albums/kk404/sprey16/IMG_1228.jpg

vt_maverick
07/07/2009, 08:16 AM
Sharp! Thanks for the pics!

Gussie2000
07/07/2009, 07:40 PM
I've been looking for a set like these ones. :(

They look quite good though.

Sprey
07/07/2009, 10:57 PM
Yea check out your guys Amigos and maybe the rodeos? you should be able to find some.

I was gonna put on the stock mudflaps but only have 3 left lost 1 around the coast! ( i wonder if it is still there :P)

Plus they didnt stick out enough like i got these ones to.

etlsport
07/09/2009, 02:08 PM
today i....

changed my oil

washed the windows

used plastic conditioner on the door panels

waxed the dash (mine is painted)

repainted the windshield wiper arms

started my "paint restoration" on the drivers side, clay bar, paint restorer and a high quality wax.. today i did from the drivers fender around to the rear door, tomorrow i will tackle the hood and then the passenger side

Brian Drinks
07/09/2009, 04:12 PM
:clap::dance::_wrench::_steering Hey guys well last weekend i put some new toyo proxes S/T 245x70xR16 tires on,today i raised the remote door lock wire up to the headliner and this weekend i will do the front and back sway bar greasable bushings and the swaybar links.

iamironman
07/09/2009, 04:41 PM
Wash and detail 'Ruthless' to prep for the Central Texas Mini meet on July 18th at Hiddenfalls Ranch resort...
Lube her all up.
Check and top off all fluids.

Then I'll probably have to wash and detail her the day after, again... lol

Gussie2000
07/09/2009, 04:43 PM
;)
:clap::dance::_wrench::_steering Hey guys well last weekend i put some new toyo proxes S/T 245x70xR16 tires on,today i raised the remote door lock wire up to the headliner and this weekend i will do the front and back sway bar greasable bushings and the swaybar links.

Great;You may want to hang with us on the 25th to show off your toy out there eh ?

Marlin
07/10/2009, 03:16 PM
I just moved my Kenwood 12" sub to the rear door. Only took 30 minutes, drilled a hole right in the middle of the rear door cover, don't worry, it was my extra. Now the cargo area is free of stereo...more convenient for folding the seat up and down. Will post some pics soon, I was just Jonesing to work on the ride. More bumper updates for tomorrow, supposed to be 70s in the morning, hopefully I can finish front brackets and cross bars. I will post under my thread.

SilverBullet75
07/11/2009, 03:54 PM
Hopefully a quick project...
Just bought the trans Interceptor from iamironman!
Found many threads on the site to help install/adjust it. Praying for the best...
:)

Moncha
07/11/2009, 05:47 PM
Fixed the static in my 3.5mm audio jack going to the OEM stereo.
Finished up a mount for my Blackberry Storm.
Put an interlock on my door popper so it will only open when in park.
Added a 3 socket 12v outlet in the center console (under the arm rest).
Used the boot from an extra center console to put a boot on the AT shifter.

SilverBullet75
07/11/2009, 07:53 PM
Hopefully a quick project...
Just bought the trans Interceptor from iamironman!
Found many threads on the site to help install/adjust it. Praying for the best...

After about an hour install and test/tuning, I got the Interceptor installed and dialed in exactly where I want it! Now I see why these were so popular!
BUT... it's definately worth the $75+ shipping I paid (used)... not too sure it's worth the original $200+. Not THAT huge of a difference.
It's definately a great mod though.
Thanks to Iamironman for the sale!

etlsport
07/15/2009, 03:30 PM
got the cladding screws painted up nice and purdy.. also gave the vx a good scrub down a few days ago, sadly the bird population around me is high so its already pretty well pooped on.. but it looks real nice between the bird poop ;Db;

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/cladding_screws_012.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=15101)
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/cladding_screws_011.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=15100)
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/cladding_screws_009.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=15099)

Gussie2000
07/15/2009, 04:36 PM
got the cladding screws painted up nice and purdy.. also gave the vx a good scrub down a few days ago, sadly the bird population around me is high so its already pretty well pooped on.. but it looks real nice between the bird poop ;Db;

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/cladding_screws_012.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=15101)
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/cladding_screws_011.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=15100)
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/cladding_screws_009.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=15099)

Yeah those birds are a pain in the heck,sometimes i spend a full hour detailing the horse & once i pulling into the driveway BAM one of my unlikely neighbors decide it's time to ligth up their weight by dropping their load on my toy :mad:

I got two big trees right above the VX inside the driveway so is impossible for me to avoid the situation.

Once a week i clean the roof with windex,get rid of all that debries & pieces of branches that falls from the trees.

VXNIT
07/15/2009, 07:24 PM
Well, on vacation and devoting some time to VX. Started yesterday with wash and wax. Will remove door panels for SBC bracket install in route adn likely will initiate new speaker install if all goes well since panels off for brackets.

Ldub
07/16/2009, 02:45 AM
I just ordered a new set of Energy Suspension greasable poly sway bar bushings.
The first set I installed is now a few years old, & the R-F was "removed" by a rock this spring in Moab...:_confused

I'll add these to the list of things that I probably won't get done before winter...:sighwgray...:rolleyesg

HA!...shows what I know...:rolleyesg

The weather & my ambition came into alignment yesterday morning, & I installed the front sway bar bushings...:_wrench:...:thumbup:

Suzy drives mo bettah, & the sway bar won't be tearing up my R/F shock boot any more.

Cobrajet
07/19/2009, 03:38 AM
Had 120,000 mile service including all fluids (F/R diffs, TC, tranny flush, coolant), repack front wheel bearings, lube everything, and inspect everything else. Still didn't need the front brakes (rotors and pads) I bought from Merlin last week. She still looks, runs, and feels like new.

don moore
07/19/2009, 10:50 PM
went to the coast with the wife .saterday..got a check engine light ..lol. i had the cruise on and went up a hill and pop...lol.. no biggie.. i think i got a loose wheel berring .. and just finished washing the salt sea off it ..its clean

Ldub
07/19/2009, 10:55 PM
went to the coast with the wife .saterday..got a check engine light ..lol. i had the cruise on and went up a hill and pop...lol.. no biggie.. i think i got a loose wheel berring .. and just finished washing the salt sea off it ..its clean

Yer KILLIN' me here Don...:laughing:

Since when does a loose wheel bearing cause a check engine light...:_thinking...:eek:...:smilewink

don moore
07/19/2009, 11:19 PM
ooops soory ...after getting home ....from the coast and the check light thing....i heard a click sound in the turning .. then while washing my V.
and rocked the wheel and felt play in it......

Ldub
07/19/2009, 11:59 PM
ooops soory ...after getting home ....from the coast and the check light thing....i heard a click sound in the turning .. then while washing my V.
and rocked the wheel and felt play in it......

Sounds like you're tired after a long enjoyable day...:cool:

I was just playin'...:flower:

don moore
07/20/2009, 12:00 AM
im glad your working hard now in the new job.....:work:

Marlin
07/25/2009, 11:38 AM
I upgraded my bumper tow points with double sleeves, and I went ahead and did moncha's side marker to turning signal upgrade. Took about 10 minutes, of course I have no front plastic....:) Now if I can just get rid of that quick flash, since I am upgrading to LED turn signals. I refuse to spend 30 bucks on the stupid resistor setup on the internet. I know I saw somehting on here, time to search the threads.

alanbradley
07/25/2009, 12:17 PM
Re-attached the under-cladding and got my face full of the sand still resident under there (despite 3 visits tot he jetwash) from the last off-road outing.

Off 2 fetch 2 replacement Recaros for it tomorrow so I can keep the original ones good.

A

Scott Harness
07/25/2009, 02:31 PM
New transfer-case to go with my new motor.Might as well keep it for awhile now!

Marlin
07/25/2009, 02:33 PM
New transfer-case to go with my new motor.Might as well keep it for awhile now!

Sweet, I was thinking about doing a rebuild on my engine, I ahve a friend who is a gear head that owes me some bucks. he offered to do mechanics services for free if i buy the parts.

Scott Harness
07/25/2009, 04:18 PM
he offered to do mechanics services for free if i buy the parts.

That would be great!:supercool

VXNIT
07/25/2009, 05:49 PM
Completed sbc brCkets and varios window mods with new door speaker install then attempted to tackle abs module half swap but just have no idea how to get left side torx off to swap ectrk kc side. Frustrated i give it a detailing.

Marlin
07/26/2009, 06:34 AM
Just did the alarm antenna relocation, took 8 minutes exactly from start to finish. Although I don't have 50 ft range now, I am able to arm/disarm from inside my house. Maybe my remote needs a new battery? I also drilled out the skid plate for the oil filter access, started to do the oil plug, but the hole saw I bought for that was junk. Only made it half way before giving up on me.
That is what I get for getting cheap harbor freight junk. Time to go to lowes and get the Lenox bit. Although it is about 35 bucks for the Lenox, it cuts through aluminum, plastic, steel in a matter of seconds, 6.5" hole saw is still razor sharp after cutting multiple holes. Probably need to get a nice corded drill as well, my Black and Decker smells like it is gonna catch on fire. I have a lot of miles on that drill. So many holes on my VX and my boat and concrete....best 30 bucks on a tool ever.

Gussie2000
07/26/2009, 08:25 AM
Damn it !

Got nothing to do :p

However next weekend my horse is gonna have alignment,balancing & tire rotarion done thereafter oil change

tomdietrying
07/26/2009, 09:28 AM
I haven't cleaned up my VX since Moab. I figured since Pipino is coming to town I might want to have my baby spuced up. I'll be giving my VX the works inside and out.
Peace.
Tom

Gussie2000
08/17/2009, 08:30 PM
Yesterday i change my oil;I went back to 10w-30. (mobil 1)

After using 0w20 for the last 7K miles i felt the difference in the engine work out;i also had the horse alignment & tire rotation done.

This weekend i'll have the charcoal canister replaced.

My horse hit the 52k saturday night after spending the day at six flags.

WormGod
08/19/2009, 07:35 AM
She is being unveiled at a local AWD meet this weekend. Been in the garage for roughly a month now getting some "stuff" done. I had her pretty stripped down and just got her back in one piece last night. Last bit I need now is some 2 sided tape for a few emblems I took off and she will be ret-ta-go. Looking forward to getting her out again. :yeso:

Cobrajet
08/21/2009, 05:04 PM
Installed the 18w Malibu bulbs in the front parking lights. One minute install - a buck a bulb.

Grif
08/21/2009, 06:32 PM
Installing the wireless rear collision avoidance system I got off woot.com last week.

Also hope to strip and re-tint the front windows and finally install the window "fixers" I bought from Tim. I can never seem to get up early enough on saturday to get into my window guys' shop grr....

alanbradley
08/22/2009, 05:36 AM
I'm be giving it a damn good wash so its ready for JAE in a couple of week's time!

Oh and I'll fit that second reclining bucket too.

A

VXorado
08/22/2009, 03:39 PM
I will be installing wet okole seat covers, wiring in the new hellas, and eagerly waiting for my new coils from indy4x.

So much to do, so little time!

Marlin
08/22/2009, 03:40 PM
I will be installing wet okole seat covers, wiring in the new hellas, and eagerly waiting for my new coils from indy4x.

So much to do, so little time!

Best seat covers you can get, you will love them.

VXorado
08/22/2009, 04:12 PM
Alright, good to hear! I luv the VX seats but my seats were not maintained properly by the PO. I like how the Wet Okole covers match the original styling and colors.

VCrossfan
08/22/2009, 04:23 PM
Celebrating the VX's 157,458 mile with a good bath and detail. She's still looking good...

http://i727.photobucket.com/albums/ww271/Griprip/VX%20as%20of%208-09/102_0891.jpg
http://i727.photobucket.com/albums/ww271/Griprip/VX%20as%20of%208-09/102_0896.jpg
http://i727.photobucket.com/albums/ww271/Griprip/VX%20as%20of%208-09/102_0899.jpg

pbkid
08/23/2009, 03:28 PM
i spent the weekend 'straightening' my skid plates and sliders.... and by straightening, i mean bending even more than they are already bent... pictures to come from me being strapped :(

kept up with 3 jeeps with dual lockers all the way through the trail, did the same lines as them, just burned a little more rubber and used my skid plates more than them.. (2 of them had 35's and one had 33's)... well i guess i didnt completely keep up, because i did need a strap once... but thats more because i slid to a point of being sideways and i was afraid of rolling

dietz99vcross
08/23/2009, 04:25 PM
Working on installing stereo upgrade. Wanted to install amp under the passenger seat, but when I removed the seat I found electronics under the carpet. I Think it is brake related? (borg warner with wiring heading in both directions). Oh well, at least the carpet got cleaned and I am 66 cents richer.

ZubrAZ
08/23/2009, 08:36 PM
purchased mine on saturday morning in springfield, mo. at 6am on sunday arrived to phx. took a nap and dumped 5 quarters of fresh oil. looking forward to drain my pockets after tomorrow visit to mechanic. eeeh :(

Ldub
08/23/2009, 08:42 PM
but when I removed the seat I found electronics under the carpet. I Think it is brake related? (borg warner with wiring heading in both directions)

That would be the TOD computer.

etlsport
08/24/2009, 04:24 AM
over the last two weeks i have...

changed out all 4 shocks with good condition factory originals

put on a new set of 285/60/18 falken stz04 tires (5)

trimmed the front cladding just a touch

installed new NGK platinum spark plugs

reset the engine computer

installed flashing alarm LEDs in the door panels

today she gets another alignment and probably a transmission flush, then tomorrow she and i head to pittsburg with a trailer to move a buddy into his new apartment

don moore
08/24/2009, 10:01 PM
checked out the old web videos..http://64.81.241.130:88/webvideos/isuzu_vehicross_1999_1

MSHardeman
08/25/2009, 11:15 AM
Jacked the front of the VX up yesterday and used a BFH to "persuade" my cladding back into place after scratching it up a couple of weeks ago while out in the Colorado high country.
I think I'm going to attempt Raque Thomas' mod on the rear door popper so I can open it using the stock key fob.

BoarderCROSS2000
08/27/2009, 09:20 PM
and I gotta get new meats... Well I coulda waited a few more months but 4Wheel parts has a special right now... pics tomorrow!

Anita
08/27/2009, 09:28 PM
Time to give her a good wax job again....and cladding polish

Gussie2000
08/27/2009, 09:39 PM
Gonna replace the canister (p0446) code on.

Also replace the PCV.

Looking foward to add two dynomax mufflers to roar on the streets,then sun roof :naughty:

Ldub
09/04/2009, 12:53 AM
Finally got around to removing the windshield wiper arms & gave them a good scuffing, cleaned em' up with 90% rubbing alcohol, primed & 3 coats of not quite flat black...:cool:

Removal required a 2 jaw puller, I was able to press my tie rod puller into service...just barely fit...:smack:

1 day after getting that done, my red top battery wen go ;puke:...:(

So that was an unexpected 180 dolla ding to the wallet...:upsetgray

Of course it was just out of any warranty...:rolleyesg

After listening to the starter spin slower & slower over the last week, it really sounds like it's got some "giddy-up" now...:thumbup:
Guess it coulda been a lot worser, at least it wasn't the starter.

Oh well...whatever it takes to keep Suzy happy.

Sprey
09/04/2009, 02:29 AM
Made a toggle switch for my reverse camera, Just tapped it into the origional harness, now when driving forward i can switch it on and have it act as a 2nd revision mirror but of coruse it isnt no wear near asgood as a normal mirror but it still looks cool and now my top headunit has something to do besides when not in reverse!:)

johnnyapollo
09/04/2009, 05:45 AM
I'm thinking a wash and wax is in order.

-- John

Gussie2000
09/04/2009, 07:04 AM
Finally got around to removing the windshield wiper arms & gave them a good scuffing, cleaned em' up with 90% rubbing alcohol, primed & 3 coats of not quite flat black...:cool:

Removal required a 2 jaw puller, I was able to press my tie rod puller into service...just barely fit...:smack:

1 day after getting that done, my red top battery wen go ;puke:...:(

So that was an unexpected 180 dolla ding to the wallet...:upsetgray

Of course it was just out of any warranty...:rolleyesg

After listening to the starter spin slower & slower over the last week, it really sounds like it's got some "giddy-up" now...:thumbup:
Guess it coulda been a lot worser, at least it wasn't the starter.

Oh well...whatever it takes to keep Suzy happy.

Those unexpected breakdowns are so annoying.
Few weeks ago i was trying to get the wiper arms off......
Yes,it cracked my pacience & i give up on it.
They aren't rusty,just a bit faded,thought of paint them in chrome since I got few chromed stuff on the exterior.
Went last week to replace the canister,mech forgot the torche & blade saw machine to cut off the muffler & tail pipe that is located right under the canister which makes difficult to removed the canister.
I also got the dynomax mufflers (model 17747) delivered yesterday so i'll switch them rightaway.

Ldub
09/06/2009, 12:28 PM
Gave Suzy a bath, wax, & slathered her flanks with grape jelly...:_thinking

Also soaked the engine down good with simple green & hosed it off. (covered the breathers with a ziplock)
It did idle at about 2k for a while after this treatment, but returned to normal after a few miles on the interstate...:smilewink

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/DSC03775.JPG

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/DSC03785x.JPG

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/DSC03792x.JPG

Gussie2000
09/18/2009, 04:51 PM
Well,this weekend i don't have that much to do so i'm gonna try to do scott's side marker's mod

pbkid
09/18/2009, 05:42 PM
Made a toggle switch for my reverse camera, Just tapped it into the origional harness, now when driving forward i can switch it on and have it act as a 2nd revision mirror but of coruse it isnt no wear near asgood as a normal mirror but it still looks cool and now my top headunit has something to do besides when not in reverse!:)

its nice for if someone is tail-gating you... you can get their license plate and call the authorities

Sprey
09/18/2009, 06:16 PM
its nice for if someone is tail-gating you... you can get their license plate and call the authorities

haha yea would be quite funny. its not very clear like even a close car isnt hard to make out but when there right up aka tail gating you can actualy see the car quite nicely

handeeman
09/19/2009, 01:36 PM

Yesireeee, if that happened in Fl. someone would call the authorities for sure. i'd be on the phone "Hello is this 911 ? Yes, there's a car tailing me backwards at 70 mph." or the authorities would get me for driving backward down the interstate (if I'm viewing someones tag with my rear camera). In my ute, i'd prolly done it (well, after more than one over the limit--sorry jack had to throw that in j/k..... in Fl no front tags lol.

Actually in my ute we didn't have rear view cameras...we did have Brownies ( a camera that used real film) you could drop off your film and about a week later pick up your pictures if ya ordered rush developement. Actually I think some wealthy people had a camera that would develope the picture on the spot in about 5 minutes.

Ldub
09/21/2009, 12:43 AM
Actually in my ute we didn't have rear view cameras...we did have Brownies ( a camera that used real film) you could drop off your film and about a week later pick up your pictures if ya ordered rush developement. Actually I think some wealthy people had a camera that would develope the picture on the spot in about 5 minutes.

Stop it Handee...yer givin' me flaskbacks...:smilewink

And, :fyi:, that's "yoot", not "ute"...I didn't know whatinnahell you were talkin' about for a while...:laughing:...:rotate:...:laughing:

OK...back OT...:rolleyesg

Removed my roof rack to fix the spare mount, & give the roof a good wash & wax.
It'd been so long since the rack was off, that the roof actually smelled bad when I was washing the tree sap & bird poop off of it...:eekgray:
Spooged up the spare with slime & treated it with 3o3 protectant, hopefully it'll hold air until I need a new 35" spare...:naughty:

Changed the fuel filter too.
Woke up this evening & my pillow smelled of hi-test, so I guess I got some on me...:sleepgray...:confused:...:uhohgray:

Good thing I don't smoke in bed...:yes:

don moore
09/21/2009, 11:27 PM
Good thing I don't smoke in bed...:yes:

my wife says I do.......sorry I had to........hehe

BoarderCROSS2000
09/21/2009, 11:53 PM
Thought I was just going to replace the crappy crusty rotted insulation with Dynamat and wound up painting the metal underside as well. Moving onto repainting the insert. Finished the clearcoat tonight and will be finishing up tomorrow night. Pics to follow!

Ldub
09/22/2009, 03:17 AM
Thought I was just going to replace the crappy crusty rotted insulation with Dynamat and wound up painting the metal underside as well. Moving onto repainting the insert. Finished the clearcoat tonight and will be finishing up tomorrow night. Pics to follow!

It's funny how mods/repairs can get away from you sometimes...:smilewink

Petos
09/22/2009, 07:32 AM
Gang:
I have a confession to make - I stole someone's idea about the markers (was it Marlin?) and suggested to my friend who has been thinking about a markers replacement, to implement it on his JDM Vehicross... Here is the result!
Sorry for the hijack, but now you can see how they look on a (JDM) Vehicross.. :)

http://forum.4x4club.ru/index.php?showtopic=82457

handeeman
10/02/2009, 11:30 AM
Well I've finally managed to save $7.50 for the rear cargo light from Wal-mart (don't laugh times are tough). Gonna go by and see if my store has any in stock and will attempt the mod like ldubs post #11 of this thread don moore rear area cargo light. (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?p=165910&highlight=rear+cargo+light#post165910) 07/14/2009, 01:44 AM.

Only thing that scares me is Dubs gonna be in Gilbert, Mn. this weekend so I won't have him if I run into technical difficulties.

Sprey
10/02/2009, 02:32 PM
Gang:
I have a confession to make - I stole someone's idea about the markers (was it Marlin?) and suggested to my friend who has been thinking about a markers replacement, to implement it on his JDM Vehicross... Here is the result!
Sorry for the hijack, but now you can see how they look on a (JDM) Vehicross.. :)

http://forum.4x4club.ru/index.php?showtopic=82457

Yea i think it was Marlin!!
Awesome btw! it blends it with the curves of the cladding nicely.
I love going through your guys russian 4x4 forum, tho with a translator :p
Just always look for cool vx pics etc

For me im still doing my bonnet insert as done it with the bumper black paint turned out ok but stuffed up once part so redoing it tho with different paint.

handeeman
10/05/2009, 08:54 AM
I went to 3 Wal-marts this weekend, none of them had the LED lights like dubs....gotta keep looking.

Plus that was after taking nearly 2 weeks to save $7.50.

tom4bren
10/06/2009, 10:27 AM
I saw them locally last week. Lemme know if you need me to pick 1 up for you.

vt_maverick
10/06/2009, 10:30 AM
I went to 3 Wal-marts this weekend, none of them had the LED lights like dubs....gotta keep looking.

Plus that was after taking nearly 2 weeks to save $7.50.

...which probably cost you $7.50 in gas. :p

alanbradley
10/09/2009, 01:38 PM
Swapped the wheels back the A/Ts today in preparation for its MOT (roadworthyness and safety test) next Friday. Want to swap out the other passenger seat tomorrow and figure out just how I'm going to manage to fit a snorkel...

A

handeeman
10/09/2009, 02:06 PM
I saw them locally last week. Lemme know if you need me to pick 1 up for you.

Hey Tom, thanks for the offer....as you know by now from my "Rear cargo light - what did I do wrong" thread I found one..but I appreciate your kindness...Your former bestest friend.

[quote=vt_maverick;174338]...which probably cost you $7.50 in gas. :p
[quote]

yep i bet I spent 12.50 in diesel....but I'm pretty pleased with the result.

This weekend I'm gonna try and detail the VX, hope I find the time.

MSHardeman
10/09/2009, 03:09 PM
Not going to do anything to the VX, but I might try and install the Isuzu garage door opener link on my garage door so I can open it with the stock key fob.

Gussie2000
10/09/2009, 05:03 PM
Today after work i proceed to replace the 60/55W head light bulbs for the hella 100/80w.

Definately a huge diference between both sets.

Tomorrow i'm gonna try a experiment.I bought a heat gun to reacondition the claddings,i'll try to get a video up & some pics to show you guys the outcome.

I'm still bit rectulant about the youtube videos showing these guys performing such work.but again,nothing to loss few minutes at a very hidden spot at the bottom of the cladding to prove the theory.

Gussie2000
10/11/2009, 08:44 PM
Tomorrow i'm gonna try a experiment.I bought a heat gun to reacondition the claddings,i'll try to get a video up & some pics to show you guys the outcome.

I'm still bit rectulant about the youtube videos showing these guys performing such work.but again,nothing to loss few minutes at a very hidden spot at the bottom of the cladding to prove the theory.

I tried the cladding reaconditioning by heat this morning,but the heat gun i bougth at pepboys is a bit weak for the job,however i managed to do some of it on a small area at the botton of the fornt bumper & i can tell it's something to look into.:yeso:

I will hold on 'till spring season & grab a heavy duty heat gun with higher wattage.

Later while waiting for my mother at a shopping centre i decided to invest some of the time and went to a nearby autozone store lurking around the shelves & saw this set of 7 color LED diodes for just 10 bucks ( autopilot model LI-194M ) and replaced the two bulbs that lights up the headlights horns.

The little mod look just perfect,the LED diodes change colors in a coordinate sequence.
At a traffic light few by standers were all looking at the horse around 8:00pm & all were enchanted by the LED diodes changing colors,had a lot of fun. :p

to be continued........:grino:

Ldub
11/15/2009, 04:00 AM
Finally pulled the trigger on the Magnum drilled rotors that I 've been lusting after...:drool:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Magnum-brake-rotors-Isuzu-Amgio-Trooper-Vehicross-F-R_W0QQitemZ380176026154QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_C ar_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item588441ca2a

Fast shipping, fit well, good price = happy dub...:cool:

Glad I decided to do this mod, as I had been procrastinating on servicing the front bearings...:mbrasd:

Guess who put it off too long...:upsetgray

Turns out, my left front inner had been dry for some time, long enough for the cage to come apart. It created enough heat that it expanded the hub, so when I installed the new race, it rotated freely in the hub...:eekgray:
Well, I must be livin' right or somethin'...:_confused
There happened to be a used hub on ebay, that was only 150ish miles away, and for only 5O bucks...:thumbup:
Thanks to Pams Auto Salvage in St. Cloud MN, I'm now back up-N-runnin', rollin' on some sweet drilled rotors...:yesgray:

Gussie2000
11/15/2009, 01:40 PM
Finally pulled the trigger on the Magnum drilled rotors that I 've been lusting after...:drool:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Magnum-brake-rotors-Isuzu-Amgio-Trooper-Vehicross-F-R_W0QQitemZ380176026154QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_C ar_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item588441ca2a

Fast shipping, fit well, good price = happy dub...:cool:

Glad I decided to do this mod, as I had been procrastinating on servicing the front bearings...:mbrasd:

Guess who put it off too long...:upsetgray

Turns out, my left front inner had been dry for some time, long enough for the cage to come apart. It created enough heat that it expanded the hub, so when I installed the new race, it rotated freely in the hub...:eekgray:
Well, I must be livin' right or somethin'...:_confused
There happened to be a used hub on ebay, that was only 150ish miles away, and for only 5O bucks...:thumbup:
Thanks to Pams Auto Salvage in St. Cloud MN, I'm now back up-N-runnin', rollin' on some sweet drilled rotors...:yesgray:

Well done larry. :yesgray:

Today i went downstairs & replace the nozzles with blue LED for white.

I got to replace the front left outer CV boot & treat the undercarriage with antirust just for the sake of the horse.

RabidPony
11/15/2009, 08:03 PM
Did a little cleanup and replaced my fuel pressure regulator. Did the oil last week and next week is sparkplugs. After that full trans service. Oh joy.

Moonrover
11/22/2009, 05:08 PM
well this week its time to get new tires, oil change, wash and wax, repainting the wiper arms, cleaning and armor-all the interior. oh i almost forgot the picket fence is gone, and i might drop the hitch and get it re powdercoated.

VCrossfan
11/22/2009, 06:07 PM
Got some new shoes...Toyo Open Country A/T 265/70-16

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/515/thumbs/102_1162.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=16205)http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/515/thumbs/102_1179.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=16198)http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/515/thumbs/102_1178.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=16197)http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/515/thumbs/102_1176.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=16196)

Sorry for the poor pic's..

VXNIT
11/23/2009, 02:23 PM
Did the new rear speaker mod and install with 6.5 Infinity 6022si and changed oil, attempted to locate notorios green goblin leak with no success, reassembled interior and gave inside a good detail.

Gussie2000
11/23/2009, 04:18 PM
This past weekend i had to replace an broken CV boot,now i got to replace the shock on teh same side the boot had to be replaced ( front/driver side )

My p0446 code continues to pop up,guess is the time to replace the VSV :mad:

VX KAT
11/28/2009, 09:59 PM
I finally got around to putting the new vapor barriers on my doors. Used purple duct tape! :bgwo:

Adjusted/bent the metal track a little more on the pass side to make the window go up smoother.

Found rough part that was causing etching :eek: on outer pass glass, fixed that.

Also siliconed the rubber tracks real good, so we're good to go for a while!
:thumbup:

rickshaw
11/29/2009, 11:12 PM
This is what I had to do just to get headlights removed so I could replace the headlight gaskets with new ones.

Part Numbers: Left 8-97212-448-0, Right 8-97212-447-0

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3223/IMG_2312sm.jpg

deermagnet
12/08/2009, 01:10 PM
Today I got new tires again. I'm now on my ninth set. I went with Cooper Discoverer H/T tires in stock size for the third time 'cuz they're so smooth and quiet. $125 each and $533 out the door.

I had them mounted on a new set of used stock wheels. My old wheels were really beat up after 208K miles. I got a very good condition set with center caps from that wrecked VX at Green Point Auto in Maine. They were only $60 each and $290 to my door. So my wheels and tires are looking much better today. :yesy:

My old wheels had a lot of this kinda stuff-
http://www.drivehq.com/file/df.aspx/publish/mgpa/vx/vx4/544.jpg

My new used wheels and new tires-
http://www.drivehq.com/file/df.aspx/publish/mgpa/vx/vx4/548.jpg

Anyways, that's how I roll. :)

Gussie2000
12/16/2009, 07:41 PM
This past weekend i done two little mods on my horse with little investment.......

1rst i drop in two nice racing pedals in red color just to match the interior,bought them at pepboys auto for just $19.99,the store rewarded me with a $10.00 discount card for being a store customer preferral member. total paid ($ 9.99)

2nd my bank (capital one) sent me by mail a $ 25.00 amazon.com gift card.
I use it to purchase the GTS window vent guards i had in my wish list for a good while;I ended up paying only $14,95 ;) (total $39.95)

Wasn;t bad bad after all........:bwgy:

vt_maverick
12/17/2009, 07:37 AM
Finished the railcap mod over the weekend, looks very nice. Not sure what to put the price tag at though, since I had to buy caps and a Dremel to do the cutting. :)

Woodsman
12/17/2009, 07:47 AM
Have just finished cutting/rewelding bumperbar on the one I got made up to replace the rusted out one. It was stretching the plastic. Thank god for helpful friends! Going to Wales for a week or so, hoping for snow on the hills.

Mike

Mile High VX
12/17/2009, 05:33 PM
Going to be doing some detailing on the engine bay and changing my air intake to a cone filter type. If my greasable bushings come in the mail I'll be doing those as well.

WormGod
12/18/2009, 07:15 AM
Most likely roving through 12" of snow. Looks like a keeper is headed to DC tonight through the weekend.

Gussie2000
12/18/2009, 11:12 AM
This is what I had to do just to get headlights removed so I could replace the headlight gaskets with new ones.

Part Numbers: Left 8-97212-448-0, Right 8-97212-447-0

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3223/IMG_2312sm.jpg

Rick!
Every time i come to read/post on the thread i feel so disencourage to do remove any thing when i look at your horse with all the front off just for two rubber seal.
Man that's annoying......

On other topic this evening/tomorrow i'll be finally replacing my OEM shocks for the ranchos RS5000 at sears autocenter.

JAMAS
12/18/2009, 11:22 AM
Most likely roving through 12" of snow. Looks like a keeper is headed to DC tonight through the weekend.

I think we are supposed to get about 2-3" of that here in West Chester, Ohio.

Mile High VX
12/20/2009, 03:20 PM
So I went from this:

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/DSCN0031.JPG

To this:

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/DSCN0032.JPG

deermagnet
12/21/2009, 05:14 PM
Since I just got new tires I had to get it in to my top notch 'Zu trained mechanic for my eighth front end alignment. I was also overdue for my fifth front wheel bearing repack and I figured they may as well replace the fuel pressure regulator for the first time. I mentioned some intermittent noise from the front diffy area also.

They called and said as he was doing the bearing repack, he found things were way too loose and the right CV shaft was stripped and there was no way any power was getting to that wheel. The left side was okay. That sounds right 'cuz last time it snowed I had very poor grip with the TOD and I thought it was just my worn tires. He also noticed my tranny cooler lines had a pretty good leak. I forgot that the last time I was under there the lines were seeping and the rubber had turned rock hard. Good catch on that one.

The parts for everything was ~$500, but there was 14.8 hours of labor involved that cost ~$1000 for a total of $1686. :eekgray:

That's a lotta money, but this is really the first major repairs I've needed after over 9.5 years and 209K miles, so I can't complain. I know I'm gonna have repair bills like this once in a while for the next 10-15 years and I'm okay with that. Whatever it takes. :yesy:

newthings
12/21/2009, 08:32 PM
Another Damn gas leak. At least it is not squirting on the EGR, this time.
This time it is a hose clamp on the fuel return line exiting the bottom of the driver side fuel rail. The hose has a split and has no room to cut a new end and re-clamp. The hose goes under the intake manifold, so off comes the blower and intake manifold.
New intake gaskets again.
Replacing the thermostat.
Replacing any other hoses.
Replacing the fuel pressure regulator.
I did not think ahead about the need to pull one side of injectors. I am not clear on the exact conflict yet. The o-rings looked nicked and replacements will take 4 days.
78k miles.
If you get a whiff of gas, go looking around the back of the engine.
Merry Christmas to all.
Roy

dgl82182
12/23/2009, 05:05 PM
i am waiting for my new carbon fiber hood i purchased on ebay

wekilled
12/26/2009, 03:11 PM
I bought myself a new stereo for Xmas this year at Best Buy for 159 bucks. I upgraded to a JVC KD-HDR50. While it isnt a top-of-the line deck, it still packs alot in it: It has an Aux Port for my Zune, a front USB port, HD Radio, CD player plays every format, text scrolling, tagging, and now I can use hard drives-pin drives to play music.

I also admit I like to be able to say my VX has a USB port in it-I am totally nerding out.

Gussie2000
12/26/2009, 06:35 PM
I bought myself a new stereo for Xmas this year at Best Buy for 159 bucks. I upgraded to a JVC KD-HDR50. While it isnt a top-of-the line deck, it still packs alot in it: It has an Aux Port for my Zune, a front USB port, HD Radio, CD player plays every format, text scrolling, tagging, and now I can use hard drives-pin drives to play music.

I also admit I like to be able to say my VX has a USB port in it-I am totally nerding out.

Ha !
I bought a kenwood unit with all those same features at best buy couple of weeks ago for 144.

Was a easy snap to get since i had a an kenwood in there,just plug & play.
The guy a the store was like : damn ! for time ever i deliver an customer that fast :smilewink no wiring,no cutting,no last minute gremlins to deal with

Thank you ! :p

Mile High VX
01/01/2010, 06:26 PM
So I added the VX emblems to the front and rear of my VX. I like the symetry it brings to the back and the color it adds to the front grill area. The color matches the 4WD and the ehi (on the side VehiCROSS emblems). The team at planetsvx.com does a great job with these.

I made a template from a 4x6 index card to ensure that I had the spacing and placement that I wanted. I used a 5.5" width on the logo and it's 1/2 inch from the bottom of the metal part of the back door. I originally had is set at an inch (same as the 4WD emblem, but thougt it looked too high) and moved it down. The bottom of the VX emblem and the Torque On Demand decal are the same height.

On the front, after I removed the ISUZU emblem, I cleaned this up, primed and painted the flat section of the grill and used the template to center the VX emblems.

I can't wait to get my front skid plate to complete the look that I'm after.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/DSCN0037.JPG

[img]http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/DSCN0040.JPG

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/DSCN0041.JPG

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/DSCN0044.JPG

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/DSCN0045.JPG

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/DSCN0047.JPG

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/DSCN0049.JPG

don moore
01/03/2010, 09:29 PM
looks great

pbkid
01/04/2010, 11:02 PM
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/DSCN0049.JPG

dig the accord in the garage.... whats under the hood :naughty:

VX KAT
01/05/2010, 07:39 PM
OK, it's not a big deal to you all, but it was to me! I pried / pealed off my Isuzu badge with the help of a hairdryer, removed all the old glue, sanded it down, masked off the front and sprayed the badge area with flat black paint, then applied my new faux brushed stainless VX logo....I'm so proud of myself!:thumbup:

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/DSC_1034.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=16584)
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/DSC_1031.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=16583)
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/DSC_1033.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=16585)

p.s...note my disintegrating Restore/Refinish on the cladding...:(

oh yeah...p.s.s....if you're interested in buying these VX emblems from the guy in Tucson (SVX Motorsport Warehouse , http://svx-motorsport-accessories.stores.yahoo.net/), he sells them for $25 on his website, but $11 on ebay...

Mile High VX
01/05/2010, 08:01 PM
I feel your pain on the removal of the "gunk" and then painting that grill area. Nice spacing on that logo...:bwgy::smilewink:bgwo::bgwb:

Mile High VX
01/05/2010, 08:04 PM
dig the accord in the garage.... whats under the hood :naughty:

It's the V6 VTEC J30A2. I've added some custom true dual exhaust (not a cat-back system), a K&N CAI. It's at about 240 HP right now. I've got other plans that will bring me closer to 300HP and reduce the weight. It's fun, but it's no VX.

Ldub
01/05/2010, 09:01 PM
OK, it's not a big deal to you all, but it was to me! I pried / pealed off my Isuzu badge with the help of a hairdryer, removed all the old glue, sanded it down, masked off the front and sprayed the badge area with flat black paint, then applied my new faux brushed stainless VX logo....I'm so proud of myself!:thumbup:
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/DSC_1031.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=16583)

Nice...:thumbup:

Hey, isn't that a spider over there in the corner of your garage?... http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/animals/animal0012.gif (http://www.mysmiley.net/free-animated-smileys.php)

VX KAT
01/05/2010, 09:38 PM
Hey, isn't that a spider over there in the corner of your garage?...

You have a good memory....and yes, it was right in front left of the white car! 'Cept the black widow spiders, tarantulas and whatever other hideous critters abound only come out when Dave is gone and I have to fight them off myself!

BoarderCROSS2000
01/07/2010, 08:06 PM
Finally got some pics of the Rack/Box setup. Had to pass on Kat's most gracious offer to buy one of her OEM racks. Picked up this whole rig for less than 300 bucks from craigslist. Spent an afternoon rehabbing the towers, paint and grease, cut the spaces in the covers... The Thule box has some funky old brackets but otherwise is solid as a rock.

Thinking about cutting the bars down just a few inches each.

Lake Tahoe here we come!

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/DSCF0015.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=16600)http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/DSCF0005.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=16599)

Mile High VX
01/09/2010, 08:54 PM
Looks good!

I'm going to install my Energy Suspension greasable sway bar bushings this weekend.

Mile High VX
01/16/2010, 01:35 PM
I replaced the faded and peeling B-pillar VehiCROSS emblems and one of the 3.5L emblems.

Was going to just do the letters that were peeling(athe V and the R in my case) but after seeing how faded the others were I just replaced the entire emblems.

Was a bit concerned to do it, but did not want to give the bodyshop $150 to do it. With lots of help and encouragement from the VX family I got it done with no problems.

Really great to have others to give good advice and encouragement.

Mile High VX
01/23/2010, 05:41 PM
Installed the front skid that Rowhard made. It is sweet. Thanks John.

I also installed the Trooper T-case skid plate that I got from VX KAT. I painted it red and the bolt heads too. Looking sweet under the VX.

I didn't get finished until after dark so I'll post some pics tomorrow.

Marlin
01/23/2010, 06:29 PM
My LED undercarriage lights came in, in yellow of course. Pretty sweet kit, absolutely no spotting, control box was solid as well. I RTVed all the caps and wiring penetrations to prevent any mud/water problems. If I ever get my VX back, I can install them. I will also be soda blasting the undercarriage and finally putting the rust problem to bed.

BeeVenom
01/24/2010, 03:20 PM
I was busy this weekend cleaning and polishing my new chrome wheels and coating the Yoko Parada Spec-X's with protectant so they stay nice and soft for Spring. Gotta have about 46 coats of wax on the rims by now. Also started installing the rear door 'popper' so it's easier to enter back there. I'm gonna be adding LED driving lites in place of the puney little white round glow lites up front probably next weekend or so. Stuff can keep one busy.

Mile High VX
01/25/2010, 08:18 AM
Installed the front skid that Rowhard made. It is sweet. Thanks John.

I also installed the Trooper T-case skid plate that I got from VX KAT. I painted it red and the bolt heads too. Looking sweet under the VX.

I didn't get finished until after dark so I'll post some pics tomorrow.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/DSCN0052.JPG

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/DSCN0053.JPG

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/DSCN0055.JPG

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/DSCN0054.JPG

alanbradley
01/25/2010, 01:54 PM
I managed to break 5 out of 6 studs holding one of the rear wheels on. No, I'm not quite sure how either as I'm pretty anal about having them correctly torqued and then checking them a few miles later.

Still, no harm done (physically) to either me or the VX although the "what if"s are a bit more worrying as it happened at a steady 50mph on an arrow-straight piece or road about 3 miles from home and at the end of a 120 mile round trip.

Next weekend will be changing all 12 rear studs...

dgl82182
01/25/2010, 09:04 PM
if anyone is interested i am selling my carbon fiber hood note this is not an insert this is the actual hood i currently hase it on my ironman edition

handeeman
02/05/2010, 08:48 AM
Gonna try to get my rear camera mod done this weekend. Dunno tho cause it's suppose to rain Sat. A.M. and be cooler Sunday.

Cancel the above, got called into work Sat. and prolly won't have time Sunday.

dgl82182
02/05/2010, 12:46 PM
im getting the factory hood fix and repainted and then putting on the rancho 9000 and ome912 on the back