PDA

View Full Version : Sump / Front Diff Guards

crotchrocket
03/19/2009, 02:43 AM
Do you guys have them? I have gaurds under the sump, gearbox and exhaust at the front. They came with the car and i assume they are fitted as standard? I really dented one last time i was off road and wondered what you guys have.

I was thinking of getting a sheet of 4.5mm chequer plate and making something a bit beefier up? Is there a rear diff guard available?

Also, the guards i have just collect mud and its a nightmare to get it out! so some solid steel chequer would just slide over the mud :D

I saw a few photos of someones steel sump guard the other day in a post which is why i'm thinking of it.

etlsport
03/19/2009, 06:53 AM
there is a rear differential guard made by rocky road

http://www.rocky-road.com/media/vx_diffguard.JPG

its not too expensive, but probably heavy to have shipped over seas

as for the other plates, a lot of us have the factory trooper plates which are 3 skid plates that go from just behind the passenger tire (front) to the cross member, covers the front of the driveshaft and goes to in front of the drivers side front tire

JHarris1385
03/19/2009, 12:18 PM
Has that been sprayed with the rust block stuff you can get an auto store? I have never seen it applied but I know its like a rubber coating.

Sprey
03/19/2009, 03:43 PM
Just wondering, about the factory trooper plates. Which model trooper are they off. A pic would be great, over here we have Bighorns which are the same as a trooper i think?.

pbkid
03/19/2009, 06:22 PM
there is a rear differential guard made by rocky road

http://www.rocky-road.com/media/vx_diffguard.JPG

its not too expensive, but probably heavy to have shipped over seas

as for the other plates, a lot of us have the factory trooper plates which are 3 skid plates that go from just behind the passenger tire (front) to the cross member, covers the front of the driveshaft and goes to in front of the drivers side front tire

actually they are powdercoated before they leave rocky-road, so no reason to buy any cheap spray on stuff at the store...

and they weigh 6lbs, so it was actually very cheap to ship.

$65 to purchase...

i just bought one myself ;)

Moncha
03/19/2009, 06:25 PM
Jack, you gotta Link?

pbkid
03/19/2009, 06:43 PM
well im at work right now and the computers here dont show the weblink at the top of the page...so ill have to get it to ya when i get home..

or->

rocky-road.com

enter the site

scroll down to differential guards on the right side

on the very bottom is the VX and pathfinder guards.

ordering information is all right there..

Moncha
03/19/2009, 06:44 PM
Got ya! Thanks!

pbkid
03/19/2009, 06:46 PM
anytime buddy...

i suggest rocky-road to anyone, they are very quick with putting orders through and they have a whole arsenal of cool offroad stuff...

a little slow if they are fabbing something up themselves, but they make quality work...

VX-157
03/19/2009, 07:02 PM
sigh, i wish we had this sort of store here. i live in the capital of Australia and finding anyone who does outside of the box work is nigh impossible :mad:

The capital is mainly made up of public servants who only require off the rack items. i either get a response like sorry mate can't help you or sure mate but its a 1000% mark up!

sorry to thread jack, just needed to rant :(

VX KAT
03/19/2009, 08:20 PM
Do the front and rear diff take the same size cover? I'd like to order that Rocky Road cover.....2 if they fit.

Moncha
03/19/2009, 08:32 PM
Remember, they a weld on guard

VX KAT
03/19/2009, 11:11 PM
oh, that's not a bold on deal?

Anybody know of a bolt on type diff cover?

crotchrocket
03/20/2009, 05:49 AM
Do the front and rear diff take the same size cover? I'd like to order that Rocky Road cover.....2 if they fit.

Front is a different setup entirely to the rear.

pbkid
03/20/2009, 11:01 AM

the rear is like pictured above...the front is independent suspension so there is no 'differential' like above...

kat- you could get ahold of a trooper factory skid plate which would cover the front 'diff', or buy an aftermarket skid like RiffRaff is having made...or like many other members make themselves...

pbkid
03/20/2009, 11:02 AM
oh, that's not a bold on deal?

Anybody know of a bolt on type diff cover?

not aware of one...but would only cost about 40 or 50 to get it welded on (thats what they quoted me for mine)