PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Shipping....

JAMAS
03/16/2009, 06:16 AM
....a bumper that I am selling.

I am working on selling some old car parts(not VX). I have successfully sold my front bumper(just the plastic bumper cover) to a guy in Florida. I live in Cincinnati and am at a loss for how to go about finding a box big enough and the best way to ship everything without costing an arm and a leg.

Since there is such a wealth of knowledge here, I thought I would try you guys.

Any thoughts?

SlowPro48
03/16/2009, 06:45 AM

If your buyer is willing to pick up at a bus station, just bubble wrap it and ship via Greyhound bus.

nfpgasmask
03/16/2009, 08:34 AM
Yeah, I would wrap it in bubble wrap real good, and then build a cardboard shell around that. You might be able to UPS it, but usually the huge stuff will have to freight. Once you get it properly packed, I would just call UPS and see what they suggest.

Bart

workmeistr
03/16/2009, 08:41 AM
Also try:

www.uShip.com

I've shipped vehicles and parts, to include a complete engine and transmission, as well as a bulkhead for a Defender using this ebay-type shipping site. Shippers who may have something 'moving in that direction' will toss the item on for next to nothing and bid low to your request.

It's worth a try for some non-Greyhound compliant parts.

SlowPro48
03/16/2009, 09:19 AM

Yeah - that's another good one. I'll second the Uship. I've used it several times for shipping motorcycles and have been very pleased. Only downside is if you or the recipient are not in a metro area you sometimes have to wait a while to get a match. The ones that can do it quickly are usually going out of their way to pick up or deliver and guess who pays for that little side trip.