PDA

View Full Version : VX engines

JonGM
03/07/2009, 08:08 AM
Hi
I'm from uk and looking at buying a vx but the engine sounds like it has a bottom end knock:(
I am offering the owner so much for it knowing it will need an engine redo or change.
Are there any of the Isuzu range that run the same engine?
I hope you guys can help a potential owner.

tomdietrying
03/07/2009, 08:32 AM
Hey Jon,
A couple of weeks ago someone just replaced their engine with an Isuzu Axiom engine. Use the search button to find his write up.
Peace.
Tom

Scott Harness
03/07/2009, 08:35 AM
I just put a "new" motor in mine and was told by two different motor distributors,that the VX motor IS different than the Trooper motor.They refused to sell me a Trooper motor:confused:?

Gussie2000
03/07/2009, 09:24 AM
Hi
I'm from uk and looking at buying a vx but the engine sounds like it has a bottom end knock:(
I am offering the owner so much for it knowing it will need an engine redo or change.
Are there any of the Isuzu range that run the same engine?
I hope you guys can help a potential owner.

HI jon.

Even though you don't have a Vx so far the facts that you out there in the search for one entitle you to be considered as one.

First of all the first move you must do is to gather info about the rebuild options you can play with & i say so because a new engine can be expensive.

Have the VX diagnosted & figured out where's the knocking coming from & what can be the possible cause of it.

Crankshaft,camshaft & valve/lifters is the most common issues when it comes to knocking.

Have the VX inspected by a certified mechanic to pinpoint what's causing the knocking.

Another option is to call your local ISUZU customer center service & ask which engine are compatible to the VX over there

JonGM
03/07/2009, 09:47 AM
Thanks Guys
Here in the UK there are the Troopers and also Bighorns imported.
Plenty in breakers yards!
The noise really sounds Big Ends! When they last checked the VX there was no oil on the dipstick! So they have just parked it up and left it!

kodiak
03/07/2009, 09:57 AM
More then likely you’re looking at a JDM right hand drive VX which has a 3.2 v6 in it. I believe that’s a pretty common engine in the UK. Give your local Isuzu or Vauxhall dealer a call. You might need to swop the intake but other then that I think a stander Isuzu 3.2 V6 might just do the trick.;)

clive goodridge
03/08/2009, 09:18 AM
Hi
I have had 9 VXs, still have 3 for sale! As far as I know Kodiac is correct and the only difference is the 'variable intake system' so any 3.2 V6 Isuzu Trooper or Vauxhall Monterey(maybe even Frontera also?) should be ok.
Regards
Clive

Riff Raff
03/08/2009, 12:39 PM
JonGM--- Regarding the current VX you're considering with the bad engine sounds; I just have two(2) words of advice: RUN AWAY!!!

Since you're in the market to puchase a VX in the UK, perhaps contacting member CLIVE GOODRIDGE might be a much wiser alternative with less possible headaches.

don moore
03/09/2009, 08:06 PM
breakers yards.....kool name for a JUNK YARD...;)