PDA

View Full Version : New VX in Portland, Oregon

KeithVXlvr
03/06/2009, 03:36 PM
Hey all,

Boy am I excited. :)

I am flying tomorrow a.m. to get my VX. I hope to be back in Portland by late Saturday night or Sunday mid-day.

The VX is in Sacramento, CA, and is owned by a non-site-member.

I am wondering if I could get info on active site-users in the Pacific Northwest.

I'll upload some pictures when I get home.....

Wish me luck.

Thanks,

Keith

Gussie2000
03/06/2009, 04:32 PM
Oh ! well you are welcome my friend :)

You should have the opportunity to meet some fellow brother within or near the VX location.

Why don't you do a lil home work & do a search for member located any where around ?

there got to be at least one or two VX'ers i bid on that.

So now you fully become a VX'er.

Ben KVX
03/06/2009, 06:01 PM
I looked a few in the Sacramento area before the holidays, what year and mileage, I might be able to give some insight if it's one I looked at. Good Luck, Welcome.

newthings
03/06/2009, 06:17 PM
Welcome--
Roy in Seaside, just 90 min. away.

PHO2GR4
03/06/2009, 06:43 PM
Is it an Ebony VX? With a trailer hitch?!?
:bgwo:

don moore
03/06/2009, 07:17 PM
you might get to find the OREGON VX owners here??
sweet --looks like a VXs get together soon???
welcome :p

Riff Raff
03/06/2009, 07:33 PM
Keith--- Welcome to the addiction!!! At the search icon, do a "search" for: Pacific Northwest

It will immediately bring up a "thread" for you to click-on which shows most or all of the "Pacific Northwest VX'ers" here on the Vehicross.Info website.

KeithVXlvr
03/08/2009, 11:08 AM
Well,

I made it home.:) Turned 55,0000 on the way home.

The VX is Silver with a little cladding damage on the drivers side front and rear corners. No trailer hitch.

I did the search as suggested but, a lot of theb threads were dated a couple years ago. So I was not too sure if those reflected folks who are still active VX's or not.

That's why I started this new post.

Thanks all. Pictures to come..

Keith

Riff Raff
03/08/2009, 11:51 AM
Keith--- Yes, you probably found the correct thread in your initial "search" here on Vehicross.Info; however, always make sure you check-out the very LAST POSTING of any thread (not just the first posting). Many threads here have begun years before, but continue to be currently updated on a very recent basis. So, always check-out the very "last posting" of a thread before moving onto another thread.

KeithVXlvr
03/08/2009, 11:49 PM
Roy, Don, Riff Raff ( in no order of any type),

Thanks for your input and every one else, as well.:)

O.K. Today I took the "aftermarket" stereo out of the dashboard and replaced it with the stock stereo - CD player set up. I was able to do it becasue the original stereo was sitting in the back cargo area above an amphliphier box. The original owner seemed to like his music.!! The woofer-box was gone, so we removed all the "after-market" wiring and put the stock radio - AM/FM receiver back in and hook it up. It works perfect:eek:

It is Kaiser Silver. I know that because I am looking at the original window sticker for the VX :cool:. I also have the original owners manual, sales agreement, SRS manual, Isuzu 4-wheel manual etc.......

I also have both the original cargo nets for the back cargo area. I am so glad the seats are foldable and lock. !! :bgwo:

It came with a Yakima rack with huge upper cage/rack ( not sure the exact name but you get the idea, it could hold the spare tire and gas , etc...) Anyway, I had to take it off to get the VX in the garage. By the way, part of the rack footing says Vehicross on it.. it must have been some type of cross marketing, between Isuzu and Yakima...

I put 285 / 60R on the original stock rims... I even got the lug nut key in the original bag.

So far so good....

I have no idea what I am doing but, I seem to really love this VX.

KeithVXlvr
03/08/2009, 11:53 PM
Ben KVX,

I wish I could have stopped and enjoyed Roseburg on my way home.

Just in too big a hurry at the time.

Next time I'm down there I'll buy you a drink.

JAFO
03/09/2009, 12:09 AM
Congratulations! We should organize a NW meet.

KeithVXlvr
03/09/2009, 10:31 AM
Absolutely,

Maybe let it dry out a little first. ( Also give me time to fix my cladding!!)

Riff Raff
03/09/2009, 11:38 AM
Roy, Don, Riff Raff ( in no order of any type),

I put 285 / 60R on the original stock rims... I even got the lug nut key in the original bag.

Keith--- What Brand/Model of tire did you install in tire size 285/60R18 ??? Did they rub or did you have to trim the cladding???

VehiGAZ
03/09/2009, 11:51 AM
I have no idea what I am doing but, I seem to really love this VX.

HAH!! That' pretty much how we all started out! :)

So if you want to find PNW VXers, click on "Member List" under the "Quick Links" drop-down menu. Look for "search members" on that page, then select "advanced search". Enter in "OR" for the state (or WA...) and search - it will give you a list of all the VXers who have registered from Oregon. You can then see if they are active or not from their "last visit" date.

KeithVXlvr
03/09/2009, 02:12 PM
Riff Raff,

They are Toyo - got them at Les Schwab. 285/60R18 A/T. Mounted on the stock chrome 18" rims. They look great - like they were made for the VX.:cool:

When I turn hard they rub just a little in one spot of the wheel well.

I have not done the trimming yet because I will have some cladding replaced so, I thought I'd have my buddy who ownes a body shop do that when we install the new cladding.:_beer:

Keith

Riff Raff
03/09/2009, 02:30 PM
Keith--- You are very wise to have mounted your new tires on the factory OEM Stock 18x7 rims. That is the main reason you've experienced very little problems/issues with rubbing, as the OEM rims have the correct offset and backspacing to keep the tires neatly tucked inside the severely cramped front wheelwells. The TOYO - Open Country A/T in P285/60R18 is an awesome tire, and still fairly lightweight at only 49 lbs per tire - good choice. Well done, my friend, well done!!!

Ben KVX
03/09/2009, 06:07 PM
Yes, we definately need a NW meet. It was cool to see another one on the freeway. I put the Cooper SST 275/65/18 on the stock wheel, raised the rear 1.5" cranked front up 2", very little trimming. No rub, rides great. Kieth, sounds just like mine, just turned 55K with all original stuff. What a find.......