03/05/2009, 06:33 PM
Ok.. Here is an F/A 37.. and the chick that's flying it

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/aircraft/fa-37-pics.htm

don moore
03/05/2009, 06:37 PM
Its from the movie STEALTH...and the pilot is Jessica Bil as Lt. Kara Wade

DeepSilentComplete
03/05/2009, 06:38 PM
When I was flying off carriers I sure woulda liked to have seen one of those, but maybe it would have just been the hot blond flying it that really would have gotten my jet going off the pointy end...:rolleyes:

"Revvin' up your engine
Listen to her howlin' roar
Metal under tension
Beggin' you to touch and go

Highway to the Danger Zone
Ride into the Danger Zone

Headin' into twilight
Spreadin' out her wings tonight
She got you jumpin' off the track
And shovin' into overdrive

I'll take you
Right into the Danger Zone

You'll never say hello to you
Until you get it on the red line overload
You'll never know what you can do
Until you get it up as high as you can go

Out along the edges
Always where I burn to be
The further on the edge
The hotter the intensity

Gonna take you

Highway to the Danger Zone"

pbkid
03/05/2009, 07:26 PM
ya, the hot blond is the best part!!!!

vt_maverick
03/05/2009, 08:38 PM
When I was flying off carriers I sure woulda liked to have seen one of those, but maybe it would have just been the hot blond flying it that really would have gotten my jet going off the pointy end...:rolleyes:

"Revvin' up your engine
Listen to her howlin' roar
Metal under tension
Beggin' you to touch and go

Ride into the Danger Zone

Headin' into twilight
Spreadin' out her wings tonight
She got you jumpin' off the track
And shovin' into overdrive

I'll take you

You'll never say hello to you
Until you get it on the red line overload
You'll never know what you can do
Until you get it up as high as you can go

Out along the edges
Always where I burn to be
The further on the edge
The hotter the intensity

Gonna take you

Highway to the Danger Zone"

Ah, the best recruitment film the Navy ever made. When will pilots - excuse me, naval aviators - move past Top Gun? :p I worked at a Joint command whose commander did some of the photography for the movie. I swear they played the Top Gun soundtrack in the hallways at least once a day.

Teasing aside, it still is a bad *** movie. :cool:

VehiGAZ
03/06/2009, 06:21 AM
It's still a gay movie - according to Quentin Tarantino, anyway.

I don't remember what movie it was, but Tarantino had a cameo in which he explained his theory of how Top Gun was really a homoerotic love story between Maverick and Iceman, and the sub-plot with Kelly McGillis was Maverick trying to be straight but realizing his true orientation ("not that there's anything wrong with that").

It was a hysterial scene, but since then I've seen the same kind of stuff going on in a LOT of other "guy" movies. Makes you wonder what's going on there in Hollywood...

Ah! 10 seconds and Google yield the answer... the mystery movie was Sleep With Me (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111218/quotes) from 1994. Clicky linky and you'll find a quote from his theory...

WormGod
03/06/2009, 07:57 AM
Ok.. Here is an F/A 37.. and the chick that's flying it

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/aircraft/fa-37-pics.htm

You had me.... until I actually looked at an image. :p

Still one of the coolest Hollywood plane designs to date.

DeepSilentComplete
03/06/2009, 01:01 PM
Ah, the best recruitment film the Navy ever made. When will pilots - excuse me, naval aviators - move past Top Gun? :p I worked at a Joint command whose commander did some of the photography for the movie. I swear they played the Top Gun soundtrack in the hallways at least once a day.

Teasing aside, it still is a bad *** movie. :cool:

Well, I don't know about it being the best recruitment movie the Navy ever made. I think the Navy tolerated it b/c they had no choice. But I definitely know that Quentin Tarantino has NO idea what it is like to fly/land on "postage stamp sized ships" in a tossing sea in the dark of night.

Now to me, that is the stuff of real men and the stuff of legend.

As far as Tom Cruise, I guess he was the "preferred" candidate for that movie at the time, but I would like to see a remake WITHOUT that whiny bastard.

"I take a chance on the edge of life
Just like all the rest
I look inside and dig it out
Cause there's no points for second best!"

circmand
03/06/2009, 01:09 PM
with that hamster garage as the star of the movie?:bwgy::smilewink:bwgr::bgwp::smilewink:bwgy:

Osteomata
03/17/2009, 10:33 AM
Well perhaps QT doesn't know or appreciate that, but thats has little to do with criticism of a pretty hoaky movie that has not held up well. I was as enthused as anyone while watching it as a teenage midshipmen when it came out, but watching it today is dreadful.

Concur re Tom Cruise.

Well I don't think Cruise et al really know whats
Well, I don't know about it being the best recruitment movie the Navy ever made. I think the Navy tolerated it b/c they had no choice. But I definitely know that Quentin Tarantino has NO idea what it is like to fly/land on "postage stamp sized ships" in a tossing sea in the dark of night.

Now to me, that is the stuff of real men and the stuff of legend.

As far as Tom Cruise, I guess he was the "preferred" candidate for that movie at the time, but I would like to see a remake WITHOUT that whiny bastard.

"I take a chance on the edge of life
Just like all the rest
I look inside and dig it out
Cause there's no points for second best!"

vt_maverick
03/17/2009, 11:02 AM
Well, I don't know about it being the best recruitment movie the Navy ever made. I think the Navy tolerated it b/c they had no choice.

:confused: The Navy permitted filming on its carriers and in its planes, and in most cases provided the aerial photography used in the dogfighting sequences.

By contrast, the CIA rejected every request for on-site filming until ***I believe*** Patriot Games came out, and that's only because they've come to like Tom Clancy. I also don't believe that NSA has ever permitted filming in their facilities.

The Navy was just as eagerly involved in Top Gun as NASCAR was in Top Gun II... er, I mean Days of Thunder. ;)

DeepSilentComplete
03/18/2009, 08:52 PM
...The Navy was just as eagerly involved in Top Gun as NASCAR was in Top Gun II... er, I mean Days of Thunder. ;)

Yeah, it is definitely "All Tom all the time" no matter what movie he is in. As we used to say in the squadron, "We'll just call him ONE WAY."

And to be clear, ego maniacal TC should not be confused with even your average Navy and Marine Corps Nasal Radiator/Naval Flight Officer. They are a completely different breed, hot shots exuding confidence because they have been through the wringer, shown real skill, have been tested and tried, and are the best damn aviators in the world.

I'd like to see TC do something that is REALLY hard. Somehow looking cool, letting the stunt men do the hard things, and pulling in the mega bucks just doesn't cut it.

Ok, I'm off the soap box. Phew! It is really high up there...:bwgr:

crager34
03/19/2009, 06:41 AM
He is an actor, not a fighter pilot. :_huh: It's not that I particularly like him or have some vested interest in his future, but put it in perspective.

Yeah, it is definitely "All Tom all the time" no matter what movie he is in. As we used to say in the squadron, "We'll just call him ONE WAY."

And to be clear, ego maniacal TC should not be confused with even your average Navy and Marine Corps Nasal Radiator/Naval Flight Officer. They are a completely different breed, hot shots exuding confidence because they have been through the wringer, shown real skill, have been tested and tried, and are the best damn aviators in the world.

I'd like to see TC do something that is REALLY hard. Somehow looking cool, letting the stunt men do the hard things, and pulling in the mega bucks just doesn't cut it.

Ok, I'm off the soap box. Phew! It is really high up there...:bwgr: