PDA

View Full Version : best $3.22 spent on the vx

etlsport
03/04/2009, 12:45 PM
so i went over to the local circuit city to see what they had left.. they had some rear view cameras for cars for $30.. so i was like sweet, mine is dead:thumbup: kept looking around and saw a display case with a couple rear view cameras in generic looking white boxes, probably from their installation bay, asked a guy how much they were, he scanned them... $1.52!!! so i bought em both, hopefully they work well, they say audiovox on the camera itself.. but for 3.22 after tax.. well it doesnt really matter! im thinking i might put the 2nd one in the front grille and hook it up to a hard drive in the vx to record adventures..

Mark B
03/04/2009, 01:03 PM
Great deal. Being at the right place at the right time.
Let me know how it works. I need to get by CC.

etlsport
03/04/2009, 08:09 PM
yep they have some pretty good deals on movies and cables and such.. i still think their TVs are a little overpriced.. many are only 2-300 less than at other stores (namely sears, where i sell TVs and know all the prices) the one near my closes sunday.. so im gonna go by and see if they will just give me a 50"plasma ;Db;

Ldub
03/04/2009, 08:29 PM
the one near my closes sunday.. so im gonna go by and see if they will just give me a 50"plasma ;Db;

Good luck on that...:thumbup:

JHarris1385
03/05/2009, 06:06 AM
CC marked the TV prices back up to MSRP then took a 20% discount off of that. I went to the store during the first week and could not help myself to think how stupid people were snatching up those tv's for that price. Last I saw dvd's were 60% off...did they go even further where you are at? The last day here is the 8th.

etlsport
03/05/2009, 07:31 AM
yea thats what they did all over, is mark back up then discount.. big mistake to buy back then

now they are reduced more, closer to sale prices at other stores

yea near me the dvds were reduced 80%.. car electronics were 80% video games 50% computer stuff was like 40%

i actually saw someone buy an extended warranty on their TV when i was there yesterday for like $300.. they didnt even ask if it would be covered after they completely shut down:_confused

JHarris1385
03/05/2009, 07:41 AM
No joke? They got an extended warranty. What idiots.

JAMAS
03/05/2009, 07:50 AM
The extended warranty is covered by a 3rd party. Actually the same one that covers HHGregg products.

I found that out after I got into an argument with Circuit City back in January when I bought a Blu-Ray player. I told them I bought my 52" LCD from HHGregg and the guy got offended like I punched his mother. So I had to sit there and tell him why I bought from HHGregg and not CC. Ridiculous.

No wonder they are closing, they SUCK!

kodiak
03/05/2009, 08:07 AM
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/VXCam.jpg

I think I have the same camera. I got mine at CC about 2 years ago for about 20 times what you paid.:p

etlsport
03/05/2009, 08:54 AM
sweet yep thats the one.. how was the install?, i have a 1" round one back there now that went kaput on me within like 2 months

looks like you cut the filler panel in half? did you end up gluing it in place after that? where did you mount the bracket? I was thinking about making a metal plate to go top to bottom in the recess and then bolting the camera itself to that plate, instead of using that bracket

kodiak
03/05/2009, 09:29 AM
I used a lot of gray RTV. It’s strong and watertight. The bracket fits perfectly over the camera. I used Gray RTV on it as well.

P.S. Don’t use Clear RTV it’s not as strong.

sweet yep thats the one.. how was the install?, i have a 1" round one back there now that went kaput on me within like 2 months

looks like you cut the filler panel in half? did you end up gluing it in place after that? where did you mount the bracket? I was thinking about making a metal plate to go top to bottom in the recess and then bolting the camera itself to that plate, instead of using that bracket

etlsport
03/30/2009, 07:53 PM
got mine installed.. not quite as nice looking as yours is kodiak, mine is set in a little farther, i wanted to get as close to the vx bumper as possible.. the end result is that in these photos, i can see about half of the spare tire, the red funnel and all of the spare tire carrier on the ground in these photos

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/rear_view_004.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=13318)

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/rear_view_002.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=13317)

pbkid
03/30/2009, 08:48 PM
looks to me like you got it at a perfect angle...you should be able to see ANYTHING behind your VX

JoFotoz
03/30/2009, 09:02 PM
$24 ...RV rear view plastic lens .

Cut..fit......SEE ALL!...park within 4 inches...no worries.

Thats my take...

jo

circmand
03/31/2009, 08:20 AM
at Pep Boys for $99 and had a local stereo installer put it at the top of the license plate for another $60 (Pep boys wanted like $300) Works very good. The only problem is the glue holding the stand gets loose in the heat.