PDA

View Full Version : Which VX to buy?

izuf+s
03/03/2009, 02:54 PM
Hello VX owners. We are a father/son Isuzu team. The VX has always been a favorite of ours but we never had the opportunity to own two. We currently own a 1994 Amigo 4x4 5spd, a 1993 Amigo 4x2 5spd, and a 1986 first gen Trooper 4x4 5spd. We are in the market now for a VX or 2. We have been researching and thought this would be the best way to narrow our search. Which of the 3 years in the US market are the best ones? Is there an advantage to an IronMan edition or a supercharged engine? I love the Yellow and my son wants a Black. {Yes, we know, color and chrome don't make them run any better, lol}... Except for the 1994 Amigo which has some suspension and chassis mods {my son's daily driver}, the other 2 are bone stock and mint condition. Any help would be greatly appreciated... Thanks, L & J...

circmand
03/03/2009, 03:05 PM
that is Proton. And it is the best choice and 2001 should be the best year as the bugs should be worked out but really the way the vehicle is maintained is most important:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

WiSDoM
03/03/2009, 03:40 PM
I think a couple of members here have a Vx for sale. one that comes to mind is this one http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=14881 with a supercharger and a good price to boot. I believe the supercharger adds 50 to 60hp, someone else here may be able to be more accurate . I have the Ironman edition. It just has special ironman logo floormats, stickers and embossed seats.

Welcome to the addiction and good luck with your search....:bgwg:

Gussie2000
03/03/2009, 04:47 PM
Hello VX owners. We are a father/son Isuzu team. The VX has always been a favorite of ours but we never had the opportunity to own two. We currently own a 1994 Amigo 4x4 5spd, a 1993 Amigo 4x2 5spd, and a 1986 first gen Trooper 4x4 5spd. We are in the market now for a VX or 2. We have been researching and thought this would be the best way to narrow our search. Which of the 3 years in the US market are the best ones? Is there an advantage to an IronMan edition or a supercharged engine? I love the Yellow and my son wants a Black. {Yes, we know, color and chrome don't make them run any better, lol}... Except for the 1994 Amigo which has some suspension and chassis mods {my son's daily driver}, the other 2 are bone stock and mint condition. Any help would be greatly appreciated... Thanks, L & J...

Hi IZUF welcome to the VX.info.

In concern about which year is the best one i got to tell you that all three years are the same;The engine are all the same,as well as the TOD,transmission,suspension system,interior,etc.

But there's only few things that differs from year to year, the 1999 Vx's came with a 16" diameter rims,the 2000 & 2001 came with a 18" rims.

Another difference is the climate control system,the 1999 VX's came with all manual buttons,the 2000 & 2001 came with automatic setup.

The Iron man edition Vx's only difference from the rest of the line is the "IRONMAN" logo on the front bucket seats,the logo over the hood insert & the logo at both sides of the rear fenders right under the "VehiCross" badges,but essentially all VX that were build has the same mechanical & interior design.

You can also choose from the interior's color depending on the year,the interior comes in black/martian red & grey/black

So all depens on which color you feel attracted to;There's few to choose from:

Dragon Green
Victory white (Ironman edition)
Astral Silver
Kaiser silver
Ebony black
Proton yellow
Mica red
According to the records there was one VX in pearl white color which seems not belongs to any of the current members.

Again,welcome to your new home & hope see you soon becoming officially a VX'er aong with your son :)

pbkid
03/03/2009, 07:21 PM
^^ yup, they pretty much covered it..

the only thing i can find to add is that 99 is astral silver (lighter silver) and 00-01 is kaiser silver (gunmetal)

Riff Raff
03/04/2009, 06:41 AM
that is Proton. And it is the best choice and 2001 should be the best year as the bugs should be worked out but really the way the vehicle is maintained is most important:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

CIRCMAND--- Well said. Proton = "Loud-n-Proud". 2001 = "Latest-n-Greatest".

VehiGAZ
03/04/2009, 07:11 AM
Is there an advantage to [...] a supercharged engine?

Heck ya! The advantage is about +55 HP at the wheels!

Yes, that's my supercharged VX for sale in CT (http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?paId=303469510). It's got markedly better performance than a stock VX.

Ditto to the other comments posted - there are very few differences between the 3 model years.