PDA

View Full Version : Formerly known as

Marlin
02/28/2009, 09:45 AM
I just wanted everyone to know that I changed my screen name to Marlin to make it easier to identify me. It was Nfntruth79. That stood for infinite truth, a silly idea I came up with when I was in junior high. 79 being the year I was born.
Anyway, now it is Marlin, I am pretty sure I am the only one on the forum to have caught a Pacific Blue Marlin on my own boat so that makes for an easily remembered screen name. Here are a few pics, pretty much the best thing I have ever done in my life...pretty sad I know. The marlin was about 8.5 feet long, 130lbs, took about 2 hours to get in the boat. The other pic is my boat with a few friends that were my mentors and taught me everything I know about saltwater big game fishing. They are holding some decent sized Mahi Mahi we caught about 15 miles off the shores of Guam.
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/marlin_.JPGhttp://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/IMG_00045.JPG

isaac65
02/28/2009, 10:49 AM
Cool fish!
How did you manage to change your screen name without making a whole new account? I might want to do this later.

pbkid
02/28/2009, 10:55 AM
pretty sure you have to change your account...but marlin probably knows better than me ;)

Riff Raff
02/28/2009, 11:13 AM
MARLIN--- Wow, huge fish!!! Congrats. The other fish your friends are holding look like some kind of alien fish from the "Simpsons" nuclear waste pond. When I go fishing-- I tend to use C4 explosive, tied to a rock, with a waterproof fuse. Then, just take my net and scoop up the big ones. Yeah, their eyes are bugged-out, but the meat tastes the same. Oh, and get a damn haircut you hippie!!!

Marlin
02/28/2009, 03:16 PM
Cool fish!
How did you manage to change your screen name without making a whole new account? I might want to do this later.

I sent an email to the administrator gods (moncha) and they blessed me with my request...:rolleyes:

Marlin
02/28/2009, 03:19 PM
MARLIN--- Wow, huge fish!!! Congrats. The other fish your friends are holding look like some kind of alien fish from the "Simpsons" nuclear waste pond. When I go fishing-- I tend to use C4 explosive, tied to a rock, with a waterproof fuse. Then, just take my net and scoop up the big ones. Yeah, their eyes are bugged-out, but the meat tastes the same. Oh, and get a damn haircut you hippie!!!

Everytime you order Mahi Mahi for dinner or buy the steaks at the grocery store, that is what they looked like before. The fish on the left was a bull (male) as indicated by the flat "forehead" the one on the right was a female(sloping "forehead").
Delicious, we would usually take the first catch of the day and make sashimi while we fished, wasabi and soy sauce...doesn't get any fresher than that.
I apologize about the long hair, I was on leave at the time;)

Ldub
03/02/2009, 06:11 AM
I sent an email to the administrator gods (moncha) and they blessed me with my request...:rolleyes:

Yep...that's how I did it, back in the "long ago" when I was known as...:confused:

Nice fish! You'll look long & hard to find better fishin' buddies than Pacific Islanders, Guamainians in particular...:thumbup:

Had a bud in Hawaii who was from Guam, the total embodiment of "Aloha"...:heart:
Invite him to a barbecue, & you could count on him bringing more than his share of grub & beer, & he'd also want to take over the grill & do all the cookin'...
Whatta guy, I'll never forget him.

nfpgasmask
03/02/2009, 09:21 AM
Delicious, we would usually take the first catch of the day and make sashimi while we fished, wasabi and soy sauce...doesn't get any fresher than that.

Man, I could only imagine how good that tastes...

Bart

kodiak
03/02/2009, 09:29 AM
Mmmm!!! Mahi Mahi.:_drool: That’s a tasty fish.

Marlin
03/02/2009, 01:25 PM
Yep...that's how I did it, back in the "long ago" when I was known as...:confused:

Nice fish! You'll look long & hard to find better fishin' buddies than Pacific Islanders, Guamainians in particular...:thumbup:

Had a bud in Hawaii who was from Guam, the total embodiment of "Aloha"...:heart:
Invite him to a barbecue, & you could count on him bringing more than his share of grub & beer, & he'd also want to take over the grill & do all the cookin'...
Whatta guy, I'll never forget him.

You are damn right. If there was an olympic event for BBQing, Guam wins hands down. He taught me all the traditional ways of making just about everything. Red rice, keleguin, various fish dishes and so on. Sometimes I really miss that place. But living on a 30mile by 7mile island for 3 years took its toll.