PDA

View Full Version : its so tempting to blow this money /rant

pbkid
02/27/2009, 06:09 PM
so....just got my tax returns back and a fatty paycheck for the last 2 weeks work...
so i went ahead and ordered up some rocky road sliders :cool:

now i have 900 bills just sitting around left over...

its soooooooo tempting to buy some really nice wheels for the VX.

but, i need to pay off some bills :(

its just burning a hole in my pocket as we speak, i can think of about 1000 things i would rather spend it on...but i have to be mature and use it well.

man it sucks growing up a little and having to actually pay things off instead of having fun :(

oh well, at least i got my sliders..

/endrant

pbkid
02/27/2009, 06:11 PM
uh oh!! now i just realized that im gonna get slammed to donate money...ah!

/deletethread

eh, maybe ill throw a little extra in the pot to help the fam :)

gotta make sure i save enough to get the sliders installed and enough to reserve my campspot at the portal ;)

rowhard
02/27/2009, 08:56 PM
its just burning a hole in my pocket as we speak,

/endrant

WELL You could always read my threads deep pockets

Marlin
02/27/2009, 09:02 PM
uh oh!! now i just realized that im gonna get slammed to donate money...ah!

/deletethread

eh, maybe ill throw a little extra in the pot to help the fam :)

gotta make sure i save enough to get the sliders installed and enough to reserve my campspot at the portal ;)

Don't gotta pay someone to install sliders, a can of WD40, 30dollars for appropriate carbon steel bits, and a few hours. I got my sliders tuesday, about 1.5 hours per side. Thats it, so you can DONATE to the site!!!!!!!!!!! And you can develop an intimate bond with your Vx while drilling holes in her........
Sorry everyone, well into a box of merlot with my wife and friends...

rowhard
02/27/2009, 09:07 PM
Don't gotta pay someone to install sliders, a can of WD40, 30dollars for appropriate carbon steel bits, and a few hours. I got my sliders tuesday, about 1.5 hours per side. Thats it, so you can DONATE to the site!!!!!!!!!!! And you can develop an intimate bond with your Vx while drilling holes in her........

Merlot, that's for weekday nights! It's Friday night, yea sir, for some of Kentuckys finest:dance:

pbkid
02/27/2009, 10:26 PM

i'm looking for superior strength though, and im thinking welding will be the best for strength..

oh, and i got anxious tonight and added some other stuff onto my order tonight :smilewink

rear differential guard for the VX :cool:

northern colorado trail guide :eek:

and a bolt on air tank, just incase of flats :)

oh, and non-offroad oriented i also ordered an ipod cable for my 2-din eclipse radio ;)

WormGod
03/03/2009, 08:27 AM
I was in the same boat last week. I get a pretty good lump back from Uncle Scam and "had some plans" for what to do with it. None of them panned out, except for getting the parts I NEEDED for the VX. Sadly, my HOA went up another $75 for the year, so it is well over a grand now. Paid that. Had some debt that racked up over XMas. Paid that (paid it down at least, heh). Dog is a few months overdue for her expensive, big dog check up/exam. Set aside the cash for that. In the end, I think I have enough to get myself a 12 pack of Jones Cream Soda and call it a day.

On the bright side, MD state tax just went up on cigs, which puts them at $7 a pack now. I haven't had a smoke since Sat. The Gov is trying to starve that addiction out of me. Such evil (but damn I hope it works!).

pbkid
03/03/2009, 10:21 AM
ouch...doesnt it suck when you get a bunch of money and then have to spend it on crap like that?? ;)

i ended up having to drop $400 to pay off my new computer (which is probably better to pay off before the interest racks up)

but, i DID get to order the sliders, diff gaurd, spare air tank for filling up flats, and a nothern colorado trail guide :cool:

oh, and an ipod cable for my 2-din eclipse deck so that i can charge my ipod and control it from the radio

nfpgasmask
03/03/2009, 10:32 AM
Pay off the debt. It's far more rewarding and relieving in the long run.

Bart

pbkid
03/03/2009, 10:44 AM
Pay off the debt. It's far more rewarding and relieving in the long run.

Bart

ya, but i gotta live up to that young, and dumb thing ;)

no, but really, i split it 50/50 between debt and fun :cool:

nfpgasmask
03/03/2009, 11:19 AM
ya, but i gotta live up to that young, and dumb thing ;)

I hear ya, I did it, took years to pay off my monster debts, but I'm good for now...

Bart

pbkid
03/03/2009, 11:23 AM
ya check out the sweet bolt-in air tank i ordered
http://www.rocky-road.com/quickair.html

after seeing gill fill his tire up off his airtank i learned that its not a horrible idea ;)

nfpgasmask
03/03/2009, 11:27 AM
ya check out the sweet bolt-in air tank i ordered
http://www.rocky-road.com/quickair.html

after seeing gill fill his tire up off his airtank i learned that its not a horrible idea ;)

Hmm, that's pretty cool. That would nice mounted to the back of my roof rack!

Bart

pbkid
03/03/2009, 07:10 PM
Hmm, that's pretty cool. That would nice mounted to the back of my roof rack!

Bart

hmm....interesting idea....i was gonna mount it inside where the lug wrench goes (if it fits) or maybe underneath the VX in the rear....

but the roof rack is an interesting idea....

VCrossfan
03/03/2009, 08:54 PM
It's like a 50/50 Pay on some debts and enjoy your sliders. And weld the sliders on ! ! Unless it mounts directly to the frame side (I still would weld them) you wouldn't want any extra bolt heads exposed from the bottom. Enjoy your $$

Ldub
03/03/2009, 09:01 PM
[QUOTE=pbkid;150291] or maybe underneath the VX in the rear....[QUOTE]

ROCK...psssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

pbkid
03/03/2009, 09:21 PM
ya, thats the temptation to put it elsewhere...

i really like the idea of the roof rack. just worried about how the elements will affect it?? (extreme heat and extreme cold on a BLACK compressed air tank??)

hey, by the way, from you guys who know more about this stuff than me...what am i gonna need to get to make this thing usable??

some sort of air nipple? and air hose?? is that it? is the nipple gonna be different for putting air in than taking air out??

etlsport
03/04/2009, 06:33 AM
i havent really looked at the dimensions of it, but i remember looking at that a while ago and thinking hmmm i wonder if this will fit inside the rear bumper cage.. or inside the rear cladding somewhere.. theres soo much room in there, then all you would need is a hose/valve of some sort to be able to access it

pbkid
03/04/2009, 12:39 PM
i would just worry about what would happen if i get rear ended lol....BOOM!!!

you would just have to run a fill and drain hose to somewhere accessable....

am i going to need a fill and a drain?? or can they use the same nipple??

Ldub
03/04/2009, 09:15 PM
i would just worry about what would happen if i get rear ended lol....BOOM!!!

you would just have to run a fill and drain hose to somewhere accessable....

am i going to need a fill and a drain?? or can they use the same nipple??

One of the main drawbacks of mounting a compressed air tank, in an out of the way place, is the fact that compressed air has moisture in it, LOTS of moisture.
There SHOULD be a drain petcock located on the bottom of any compressed air tank for draining out the water that accumulates on the inside as condensation, which would be somewhat difficult to access, if mounted in a hidden loca.
Otherwise it will eventually rust through...:sighwgray
That's why many aftermarket sources of compressed gasses are CO2.
I personally like a 50 cf scuba bottle, since I can press it into service in another hobby...scuba air has VERY little moisture in it.
But I will say, carrying around a miniature :bomb:, pressurized to 3000 psi in the back of your ride, is NOT an option that everyone should entertain.:naughty:
Don't tailgate the dub, it's comin' your way...:eek:

Marlin
03/05/2009, 04:03 AM
One of the main drawbacks of mounting a compressed air tank, in an out of the way place, is the fact that compressed air has moisture in it, LOTS of moisture.
There SHOULD be a drain petcock located on the bottom of any compressed air tank for draining out the water that accumulates on the inside as condensation, which would be somewhat difficult to access, if mounted in a hidden loca.
I personally like a 50 cf scuba bottle, since I can press it into service in another hobby...scuba air has VERY little moisture in it.
But I will say, carrying around a miniature :bomb:, pressurized to 3000 psi in the back of your ride, is NOT an option that everyone should entertain.:naughty:

I am with LDUB, I got a 10lb CO2 rig with hose and chuck for less than 200, it will fit behind the seat on the floor, and it can still reach all 4 tires. It can air up about 40 35" tires from empty to full on one tank and run some small air tools. Way better than air, and CO2 does have a lot less moisture which means less corrosion on your wheels...

pbkid
03/05/2009, 11:30 AM

well thanks for telling me once the air tank was already shipped :(

ok, so mounting it in a hidden place probably isnt the way to go...

what about on the back of my roof rack?? how would a black pressurized air tank do in extreme heat (moab) and in extreme colorado cold (around 0)???

nfpgasmask
03/05/2009, 11:42 AM
But I will say, carrying around a miniature :bomb:, pressurized to 3000 psi in the back of your ride, is NOT an option that everyone should entertain.:naughty: Don't tailgate the dub, it's comin' your way...:eek:

Yeah, thanks for the reminder, Dub. I should remove mine again. It's just not a great idea to carry it back there 24/7. I only need it during wheeling trips, so I could do without the extra weight/hazard day to day.

But anyway, this is where I keep mine:

http://www.nofuture.com/myvx/mods/tailgate.jpg

I can pull it out super easy and walk it around to all 4 tires and be aired up in under 5 minutes with no problem.

Bart

Marlin
03/06/2009, 12:07 PM
Yeah, thanks for the reminder, Dub. I should remove mine again. It's just not a great idea to carry it back there 24/7. I only need it during wheeling trips, so I could do without the extra weight/hazard day to day.

But anyway, this is where I keep mine:

http://www.nofuture.com/myvx/mods/tailgate.jpg

I can pull it out super easy and walk it around to all 4 tires and be aired up in under 5 minutes with no problem.

Bart

I took your advice and also got the trailhead deflators, they came yesterday, very cool gadget.