PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye, Hummer (?)

cyronman
02/27/2009, 09:21 AM
http://blogs.moneycentral.msn.com/topstocks/archive/2009/02/26/gm-ready-to-pull-plug-on-hummer.aspx

http://blogs.moneycentral.msn.com/topstocks/archive/2008/08/19/what-can-gm-do-with-hummer.aspx

pbkid
02/27/2009, 01:24 PM
:dance: :clap: :thumbup:

goodbye refridgerator shaped grocery getter....

nfpgasmask
02/27/2009, 01:26 PM
:dance: :clap: :thumbup:

goodbye refridgerator shaped grocery getter....

x2, goodbye and good riddance!

:) Bart

Gussie2000
02/27/2009, 05:04 PM
I think GM has done the right decisions,i'll admit that the hummer is a american emblem world wide & i love it,but if its sales felt so much it doesn't make any sense keeping the line running.

The H2 is one of my favorite vehicules,probably in the near future i might be able to afford one full package :rolleyes:

Scott Harness
02/27/2009, 05:46 PM
I think they are shutting down Saturn also!:eek:

Riff Raff
02/28/2009, 04:55 AM
What is truly sad is that GM never got a chance to build the Hummer HX/H4 (concept) and put it into actual production. I did like the H1 (civilian version of the miltary Hummer), but it cost $150K and is a bit too wide for a normal jeep trail in the forest. The H2 & H3, I didn't care for as they were basically square "body kits" on other common GM platforms.

However, the Hummer HX/H4 (concept) I wish had a chance to be production built. Damn, GM procrasinated just a bit too long on that one. Sad, Sad, Sad.

Marlin
02/28/2009, 05:21 AM
What is truly sad is that GM never got a chance to build the Hummer HX/H4 (concept) and put it into actual production. I did like the H1 (civilian version of the miltary Hummer), but it cost $150K and is a bit too wide for a normal jeep trail in the forest. The H2 & H3, I didn't care for as they were basically square "body kits" on other common GM platforms.

However, the Hummer HX/H4 (concept) I wish had a chance to be production built. Damn, GM procrasinated just a bit too long on that one. Sad, Sad, Sad.

That thing did look pretty sweet. I wanted Ford to follow through on the release of the new Bronco. It was to look like the older 70s/80s full size with the hard top rear end. It was going to be along the lines of their SVT series, so fully loaded and built up. But that will never happen now...:(