PDA

View Full Version : My Beloved "Champ" Has Passed

tomdietrying
02/25/2009, 11:44 PM
I just got home from the emergency clinic. I had to let my beloved pet of 13 years go. His name was "Champ", and he was a great dog.

I'll miss you, Champ.

navistar
02/25/2009, 11:57 PM
I'm very sorry for your great loss. My friend Gertie is a beautiful Bernese Mountain Dog and I hate to think of losing her some day.

crotchrocket
02/26/2009, 01:06 AM
Sorry to hear that bud, RIP CHAMP, he'll be chasing rabits in a grassy meadow up in the clouds somewhere

tom4bren
02/26/2009, 05:39 AM
Sorry to hear of your loss Tom. I hate the thought of losing any of ours.

VX crazy
02/26/2009, 05:47 AM
Tom, I am so sorry to hear about Champ! He is running crazy up there in heaven without pain now.....Pets are such special things!

VCrossfan
02/26/2009, 06:52 AM
Sorry to hear...:angel:

WormGod
02/26/2009, 07:53 AM
13 years is pretty golden for a dog, especially a big one. I got 13 years out of my old rescue greyhound and he was the best dog anyone could ever ask for. Sorry for your loss, but at the same time, celebrate the many great years you got out of your beloved Champ.

tomdietrying
02/26/2009, 08:10 AM
Thanks everyone for your heart felt responses. That means a lot to me.
Peace.
Tom

p.s.
Justin to answer your question......Champ was a black/white Basenji. That's one of those barkless dogs from Africa.

MSHardeman
02/26/2009, 08:13 AM
Tom,
I am so sorry for your loss. I know that there is nothing that I can say to ease the pain. Loosing a friend is one of the hardest things to go through, but be comforted by the fact that Champ knew he was loved and is looking down on you right now wagging his tail furiously.

pbkid
02/26/2009, 08:15 AM
aw tom, thats too bad to hear....you may have just made the board more solumn for a bit...

i know a few of us knew champ...rip little buddy

Scott Harness
02/26/2009, 08:43 AM
Hey Tom,so sorry for your loss:( I liked Champ he was a good dog!!

4X4 UFO
02/26/2009, 09:04 AM
Sorry for your loss, Tom. Good friends are hard to find, and even harder to lose.

Randy

Dumke
02/26/2009, 09:13 AM
Tom, sorry to hear about your loss. But would agree with everyone I am sure he is having a grand ol time where he is.

LittleBeast
02/26/2009, 09:25 AM
Tom I really am sorry man.

Ldub
02/26/2009, 09:49 AM
Tom, I can't improve upon what's already been said so well by those before me.
Know that I am very sorry for your loss, I know how hard it is to lose someone who has brought such joy into your life.
The only thing that's going to make it better is time...lot's of time.

RIP Champ

Gussie2000
02/26/2009, 10:47 AM
Oh man i'm so sorry to read this kinds of news.
Doggies are the best friends you can ever have in life.Their loyalty,kindness & company is just unmatcheable.
I love my little white mini puddle & feel so much rejoice every evening when I get back to my house & see his little tail wagging showing me how happy he are to be home & have fun together.

Time is the best balsam for this kind of sorrow & god would bless you again by finding another great friend as well as champ.

Triathlete
02/26/2009, 12:34 PM
Sorry to hear that Tom. I know my dogs are like kids to us and I have had to put my first dog down due to cancer. It is very hard. Champ will be missed in Moab this year.

kodiak
02/26/2009, 01:10 PM
Sorry Tom, I hope Champ didn’t suffer much. It was very tuff for me in the mornings after Monk died, I’d go to let her out and she wasn’t there. When we’re in Moab we need to do a toast to Champ.:(

99VC
02/26/2009, 01:32 PM
Sorry to hear that someone else is going through the loss as I did. I know just how you feel Tom, I lost my best friend Chester of 18 years. He died in my lap 10:PM on 1/23/09 and had to get up the next morning to bury him just out side my window, it was a very hardest thing to do. It's been just over a month and I still find my self looking for him, but you just need to keep in mind all the great memories he brought you. Just writing this is hard to do, so just keep on mind there are a lot of us out there that feel the pain with and for you.

KeithVXlvr
02/26/2009, 01:41 PM
Tom,

I am very sad to hear this terrible news. I hope Champ didn't suffer. I hope you are doing O.K.

I have had my chocolate lab for 1 year (he is 2 yrs old now - I got him from the pound) and I can't even think of him going away.

We will all deal with this at some point but, it really sucks.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Keith

PittVXr
02/26/2009, 01:57 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss Tom. It's never easy to lose a close friend. Find comfort in knowing he is at peace now.

nfpgasmask
02/26/2009, 02:11 PM
Man that sucks, Tom. I'm very sorry. Pets are family members, imho.

:( Bart

lasturbo
02/26/2009, 05:39 PM
Tom,
Sorry for your loss of one of the family.... RIP Champ

tomdietrying
02/26/2009, 06:18 PM
Thanks again everyone for your kind words. They really do help.

99VC, I'm sorry to hear about your beloved Chester. Maybe Champ made a new friend today.

Peace.
Tom

Beavertractors
02/26/2009, 06:40 PM
I just read thru the posts about Champ,Sorry for your loss...I hope its a comfort that Champ is in our thoughts and prayers........My best friend Patches is a 18 + Aussi, She will be up there making trouble with Champ soon..TonyB

99VC
02/26/2009, 07:21 PM
I'm sure they are Tom, and they know how much they are missed.

Jim

don moore
02/26/2009, 09:41 PM
all dogs go to heaven...
sorry for your loss..
its been almost a year since my best friend dies there in dallas i feel your pain..

hope to see you again..

PK
02/27/2009, 04:17 AM
Hi Tom,
my sincere condolences mate.
Dogs really are man's best friend.
They know they are loved, and they return that love unconditionally.

Nearly lost my dog last week. Vet did a good job to save him.
12 years old 75% staffy and 25% Rhodesian ridgeback.
Looks like a staffy but the size of a large labradore.

Hang in there, and when it feels right, go get another one.

Regards

PK

PHO2GR4
02/27/2009, 02:23 PM
Tom, I don't think anyone really "gets" what you're going through unless they've been there. Something about the unconditional love that you get AND give with a dog, well, it's just unlike any other emotion.

I'm right there with you. You met my dog, Shimi, at Moab a couple of years ago. She just had her 14th birthday, and she's gone both deaf and blind in the past few months. I know that we're reaching the end of our time together, sooner rather than later.

Just remember the great times that you shared with Champ. You're right; the Basenji is a wonderful dog. You made Champ's time on Planet Earth so much more rewarding.

I'm grieving with you. Chin up...it's difficult now, but the pain now will NEVER take away from the joy that Champ brought into your life, and you brought into his.

Warm thoughts from Eric and Shimi!

rowhard
02/27/2009, 08:15 PM
Sorry to hear that bud, RIP CHAMP, he'll be chasing rabits in a grassy meadow up in the clouds somewhere

I couldn't say it any better if I tried. I sometimes think they are closer then blood and legal family members

VXIRONwoMAN
02/27/2009, 08:42 PM
Basenji's are a wonderful breed. I am so sorry to hear of your loss Tom. You and Champ will be in our thoughts tonight.

VX KAT
02/27/2009, 10:22 PM
So sorry to hear of your loss. Although nothing can really ease the pain of losing a best friend other than time, I hope you might find some comfort in "Rainbow Bridge" http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm
Maybe it's a bit too mushy, but read it, let the water rip :crying:, and think of Champ. You'll see him there, through your tears and he'll be smiling back at you, and there's no better comfort than that! Happy memories last forever!:)