PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a copy of the Alpine S/C dyno curve?

VehiGAZ
02/25/2009, 08:29 AM
Hey all,

Does anyone happen to still have a copy of the dyno curve image showing the power gains from the PowerVault exhaust and Alpine supercharger install? I'm talking about the curve that used to be on Tone's site along with the S/C listing.

I got Cyrk's dyno curve from his gallery, but I can't find the other one. It showed the power gains more clearly - Cyrk's shows the same thing as the original one, but with clear identification of each run.

Members of another forum are questioning the performance gain claim from the ad for my VX. I said +55 hp, but Cyrk's graph actually shows +64 hp (and +52 lb-ft).

Thanks!

Ldub
02/25/2009, 08:46 AM
Hey all,

Does anyone happen to still have a copy of the dyno curve image showing the power gains from the PowerVault exhaust and Alpine supercharger install? I'm talking about the curve that used to be on Tone's site along with the S/C listing.

I got Cyrk's dyno curve from his gallery, but I can't find the other one. It showed the power gains more clearly - Cyrk's shows the same thing as the original one, but with clear identification of each run.

Members of another forum are questioning the performance gain claim from the ad for my VX. I said +55 hp, but Cyrk's graph actually shows +64 hp (and +52 lb-ft).

Thanks!

I'll see what I can do later in the day...

Can't remember for sure, but try searching S-C related threads & the galleries of those responding...maybe Jayfotos?

(all of a sudden, I feel like I'm channeling jonathan edwards...:rolleyesg)

johnnyapollo
02/25/2009, 09:19 AM
Does yours have the same 5 lb pulley that Cyrk's does? Also Cyrk has a modded exhaust (duals out) - that might explain the differences.

-- John

VehiGAZ
02/25/2009, 11:27 AM
Ldub, c'mon! Do you really think I didn't search first and ask questions later?!? :)

Does yours have the same 5 lb pulley that Cyrk's does? Also Cyrk has a modded exhaust (duals out) - that might explain the differences.

-- John

Not sure about the S/C pulley size. I also have a modded exhaust, but of course not the same one as Cyrk. I vaguely remember that the curve I'm looking for showed about a +55 HP gain from the two mods. Cyrk is showing +64 HP gain, which would be neatly accounted for by a 5 psi vs. 4 psi pulley. Anyway, that's why I'm looking for it...

Ldub
02/25/2009, 11:51 AM
[QUOTE=VehiGAZ;149477]Ldub, c'mon! Do you really think I didn't search first and ask questions later?!? :)[QUOTE]

No, I didn't think that at all...:flower:

I was just throwin' out some options...:smilewink

I'll look through my archived files later in the day or tomorrow, to see what I can find.

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=5397&highlight=dyno+charts

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=4489&highlight=dyno+charts

VehiGAZ
02/25/2009, 12:05 PM
Those are not they. We'll see what you can dig up...

Ldub
02/25/2009, 12:22 PM
Those are not they. We'll see what you can dig up...

Are you speaking in reference to the dyno charts that were contained within the 3 11/16" X 8 1/2" tri-fold, SA ALPINE DEVELOPMENTS INC. brochure?...:naughty:

VehiGAZ
02/25/2009, 01:49 PM
Dunno - never saw the brochure, but that might be it. I know I saw it on Tone's site, but that may have been a link to the dyno chart on Alpine Developments' web site.

As I recall this dyno curve, it showed a fully-stock or CAI VX as a baseline trace, a trace with the 2.5" PowerVault exhaust, and a trace with the PV exhaust and the S/C.

WormGod
02/26/2009, 07:46 AM
Let's see, I got my S/C around '04 and I think from just previous to then, all S/C kits came vanilla with the 5psi pulley (IIRC). I know mine did. Perhaps Tone can shed more light on this if you PM or email him, depending on when you purchased yours.

Not so sure what the stink is concerning the difference between 55hp and 64hp. Seriously, do you really think you are gonna feel the difference there, hahaha. :p

VehiGAZ
02/26/2009, 12:19 PM
Not so sure what the stink is concerning the difference between 55hp and 64hp. Seriously, do you really think you are gonna feel the difference there, hahaha. :p

Certainly not - I think the concern on the other forum is about whether the mods add 20 HP or 55 HP. They seemed to be looking for proof, but no one has posted anything since, so maybe no one really cares.

I just want to be able to back up the S/C power gain claim with a little empirical evidence, and Cyrk's graph doesn't identify what configs are being tested, so that's not gonna help me much.

Ldub
02/26/2009, 03:02 PM
Well, so far this is all I've been able to dig up...

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/PictureVX_KODAK_MOMENTS_555.jpg

VehiGAZ
02/26/2009, 04:06 PM
Thanks for looking, Ldub!

Ldub
02/26/2009, 07:34 PM
[QUOTE=VehiGAZ;149667]Certainly not - I think the concern on the other forum is about whether the mods add 20 HP or 55 HP. They seemed to be looking for proof, but no one has posted anything since, so maybe no one really cares.

I just want to be able to back up the S/C power gain claim with a little empirical evidence, QUOTE]

The little brochure I have from Alpine claims a 50 hp gain with no other mods, if that's of any help.
The dyno charts are too small to really get a good look at though...:sighwgray

And yes, my bifocal perscription is current...:rolleyesg