PDA

View Full Version : VX Front Bar question

VXD959
07/18/2003, 07:22 AM
I'm searching again for a decent front bar. I tried Westin's safari bar but did not like it that much.

What other front bars will fit the VX without major modifications or special brackets? What would be the main issue?

I have a welder that could probably attached the bar to the VX's frame...I'm concerned about dimensions and if the bar will fit around our odd front bumper.

I have researched several of front bar options. Manik seems to have one that fits most trucks.
http://www.grilleguards.net/manik_front_bar.asp

Would the one for a Rodeo fit ours? RAV4? Santa Fe?

Thanks for your input.

Dallas4u
07/18/2003, 10:07 AM
Tought question, and I'm not sure anyone can answer it. The only way to find out is to put it up to the front of the VX and see. Maybe you can find a shop that stocks a couple different types that will take them out and hold them up for you... that may be to only way to try this.

Joe_Black
07/18/2003, 02:55 PM
You could always break out the cardboard, tape and scissors and design your own. Heck, send me the patterns and cover materials, shipping and maybe bribe me a little and I'll even build it for you! Gotta put that plasma cutter to work some day! LOL!

Heraclid
07/18/2003, 03:40 PM
Ya know, that's a thought, Joe. :) I could design a one-of-a-kind, really funky one and let you have a go at it.

zadam123
07/18/2003, 03:46 PM
I have seen a vx with the manik grill like that, once and he told me it was welded on, he said he forgot what truck it was form but it looked so sweeeeeeeeet. ligned up and everything. i told him about this board but never heard or seen him again.
sorry but at least you know there is a bar out there that will line up right.

like it was said previously maby a shop can line up a couple of bars to see which match. if you find out let me know cause im looking too

adam

VXD959
07/18/2003, 08:32 PM
I'll try to look for one locally. Unfortunately, most shops don't carry a lot of models in their inventory. I'll let you know if I find one.

Triathlete
07/18/2003, 10:50 PM
Dang Joe,
If there wasn't so much realistate betwwen Az. and Fl. I' be camping at your front door!;Do; ;eeko; ;Do; ;eeko;

Joe_Black
07/19/2003, 04:50 AM
I got plenty of room to camp! LOL! Cardboard patterns are cheap to ship, steel is cheap, so the only thing that'd pop ya is the freight for the completed work back to AZ. Of course, installation would always be a good excuse to visit sunny (and humid!) Florida.

Actually, depending how things go with my local SCCA, I may be hosting some Rallycross events at my place.