PDA

View Full Version : Seems logical that if you own a VX, you should own one of these too

Vehi-Cross-Az
02/22/2009, 08:08 PM
saw these on Craigslist for sale over the weekend..
I remember when they where new back in the early 80s...
felt fitting to buy it and park it next to my Vehicross :)

Triathlete
02/22/2009, 08:19 PM
Bring it to Moab (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcXC5IUOdFk):eek:

pbkid
02/22/2009, 09:33 PM
um...maybe i dont get it because of my age but how is that like a VX???

VehiGAZ
02/23/2009, 06:17 AM
um...maybe i dont get it because of my age but how is that like a VX???

Age has nothing to do with it... those boys are just plain crazy!!

nfpgasmask
02/23/2009, 08:24 AM
I dunno, I've always liked the Eagle's. I see a few around town here.

I think the comparison to the VX is a compact, fast off-roader. :)

That is a sweet one in black!

:) Bart

EDIT: This one is SWEET:

http://www.amceaglenest.com/images/137783150ByfMat_ph.jpg

mdwyer
02/23/2009, 08:53 AM
I dunno, I've always liked the Eagle's. I see a few around town here.

I think the comparison to the VX is a compact, fast off-roader. :)

The first time I went to the Colorado Cog (now Steamboat) Rally, an Eagle was the 0 or 00 car (it tests the course to see if it is safe and clear before the real competitors take the course). It was remarkably capable, and was holding its own with the modern Mitsus and Subarus on those dirt roads.

Plus, I have to admit, I've got a special place in my heart for vehicles that look strange... There's got to be a reason I own both a GC6 Subaru and a VX...

kodiak
02/23/2009, 09:06 AM
http://www.vehicross.info/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=922&d=1235362099

I like it! That car will run forever, It was the first of it’s kind.:cool:

nfpgasmask
02/23/2009, 09:07 AM
Plus, I have to admit, I've got a special place in my heart for vehicles that look strange..

I agree. I have a thing for the obscure and different myself. If only I had the money, the time, and the garage space I would probably pick one of these up eventually. You can get 'em real cheap. I also love the AMC AMX Javelin of the early 70s. I almost bought one of these years ago as well.

http://www.national74amcamxregistry.zoomshare.com/files/1974_AMX.jpg

NICE!

Bart

nfpgasmask
02/23/2009, 09:35 AM
People, once again, laughed at him... and called him Joe Dirt! :rolleyes:

THAT is funny! :laughing: Joe Dirté!

Bart

pbkid
02/23/2009, 12:56 PM
im sorry...i like strange looking cars....the VX...the new STI...etc...

but that thing is just ugly lol...

it may be able to perform but its ugly :)

mdwyer
02/23/2009, 03:18 PM
Well, then there's this (http://failblog.org/2009/02/23/car-modification-fail/), which personally, I think is kind of cool. That's just messing with people... and I like messing with people in subtle ways that don't get anyone killed.

circmand
02/23/2009, 04:52 PM
What you need in the garage is something else unique for the track. I personally just got a 1974 Jensen Healey running and in the garage. Production numbers just under 10000. I own two cars whose USA numbers total under 20000. Who worries about getting parts?:eek:

cyronman
02/23/2009, 05:18 PM
This thread is funny...

my gramps had a totally stock one of these and when he died my dad drove it around for a bit, ironically whenever he seemed to pick me and my buds up from high school.
I remember my good old pals always making fun of it and therefore I laughed at my pops when he asked if I would want it when I got my license.

The things I could've done with it...

VX KAT
02/23/2009, 06:11 PM
Special memories for me too....My grandfather lived in Lake Tahoe, had a brown one, when my 1st husband & I went to Tahoe for honeymoon we borrowed it...so it was our honeymoon car! We thought we were stylin'! :coolo:

pbkid
02/23/2009, 08:31 PM
What you need in the garage is something else unique for the track. I personally just got a 1974 Jensen Healey running and in the garage. Production numbers just under 10000. I own two cars whose USA numbers total under 20000. Who worries about getting parts?:eek:

x2!!!!

thats why im working on getting an STI!!!! something for the track :cool:

Riff Raff
02/23/2009, 10:23 PM
When the AMC Eagle first came out, they were a very big hit for people who lived in Alaska!!! AMC Dealerships in Alaska couldn't hardly keep them in stock, as they would be immediately sold once they arrived at the dealership. I imagine there are quite a few of them in Alaska still running around. When AMC first introduced it, it was state-of-the-art, and way ahead of its time with absolutely no competiton from any other manufacturer, except maybe the little Subaru 4x4 station wagon and the little Subaru 4x4 Justy during the same time period. Later, when AMC went out of business, Chrysler Corporation bought the Jeep Division of AMC. The rest of the AMC line faded into history.

Jolly Roger VX'er
02/24/2009, 01:32 AM
My best friend while growing up had one of these....blue...underpowered by todays standards but was somewhat of an attention getter back in the day.

http://www.javelinamx.com/eagleweb/chas2.jpg

pbkid
02/24/2009, 09:28 AM
See, but the Eagle lived way back in the '80's and was related to the Gremlin for Christ's sake, so it has THAT as an excuse for being somewhat ugly - the new STI tho, has no excuse for being so ugly. :p

i love the way it looks ;)

first off, blends in to cover from the cops

second, i can fit my big arse rottweiller in the back :cool:

third, lots of power with AWD :_drool:

i saw one EXACTLY like i want mine the other day... pearl white, lowered 2", limo tint, black wheels, carbon fiber hood (i know its cheesy sometimes but on a car with this type of power i think its appropriate)...

or i guess i could settle for one of these for track days, or cruising in the summertime..
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/768599/new_t_rex_motorcycle_insane_design/

extra extra -> :_drool:

don moore
02/24/2009, 11:01 AM
i hate it when they put stupid music to the videos....

nfpgasmask
02/24/2009, 11:19 AM
Yeah, THAT would be great for Mr. Rott! :) I just can't see me in a car. I use to drift a mini truck all over the place, but cars just don't fit me so I've never had one.

I know what you mean. It feels weird driving my wife's 911. It's soooo small and soooo low to the ground. I mean, it's fun and fast, but honestly not for me. If I ever drive a car, it's gonna hafta be a muscle car, but at this point I am just not sure what is in store for me. I am looking at 2 1991 Troopers right now that are both under $1500. I might have my safari project sooner than I think...

Bart

pbkid
02/24/2009, 01:56 PM
ya my VX is my first big vehicle...i dig the 'safety feel' of a big vehicle but i like the 'safety in handling' of the smaller vehicles...

i have dodged and slid around many accidents in my integra...

i am also FINALLY ready to have a 4 door car lol...by my teg and my VX have 2 doors, kinda a pain to get the rott in the back :cool:

iamironman
02/24/2009, 09:52 PM
...underpowered by todays standards but was somewhat of an attention getter back in the day.

Underpowered?? I had one back when... it was wicked fast for what it was... AWD... I used to light up all 4 at traffic lights... scare the beejees outta my friends... the tranny was built for an tank... I was taking off from a stop sign from L to 2 to Drive... but flipping from 2 to D, I went past to R... started spinning wheels backwards at about 60mph... almost lost control and barely missed a telephone pole... but the tranny barely blinked and I never had a problem with it... THAT's solid... do that with a current car... prolly drop the tranny right out on the road then and there.

:bwgr::bgwo:

Ldub
02/24/2009, 09:56 PM
Underpowered?? I had one back when... it was wicked fast for what it was... AWD... I used to light up all 4 at traffic lights... scare the beejees outta my friends... the tranny was built for an tank... I was taking off from a stop sign from L to 2 to Drive... but flipping from 2 to D, I went past to R... started spinning wheels backwards at about 60mph... almost lost control and barely missed a telephone pole... but the tranny barely blinked and I never had a problem with it... THAT's solid... do that with a current car... prolly drop the tranny right out on the road then and there.

LOL...wish I was in the passenger seat...:dance:

Jolly Roger VX'er
02/24/2009, 09:57 PM

I dunno, my buddy had like a carburated 6 cyl. in his that was no where near the hp rating of our VX's...maybe you had a different set-up/engine than his.

mdwyer
02/24/2009, 10:07 PM
my VX has 2 doors, kinda a pain to get the rott in the back :cool:

Okay, well, we'll install a door popper while we're waiting for the glue to cure on the windows. :)

Ldub
02/24/2009, 10:29 PM
[QUOTE=pbkid;149341]ya my VX is my first big vehicle...i dig the 'safety feel' of a big vehicle but i like the 'safety in handling' of the smaller vehicles...
i have dodged and slid around many accidents in my integra...[QUOTE]

I've had the opprotunity...& luck, to dodge no less than FIVE assaults on Suzys already rumpled posterior this winter...:sighwgray

When it comes to defensive driving, SHE ROCKS!...:thumbup:

What was I saying about a "licence to breed" in another thread???...:smilewink

pbkid
02/25/2009, 02:54 PM
Okay, well, we'll install a door popper while we're waiting for the glue to cure on the windows. :)

may have to do that ;)

pbkid
02/25/2009, 02:57 PM
[QUOTE=pbkid;149341]ya my VX is my first big vehicle...i dig the 'safety feel' of a big vehicle but i like the 'safety in handling' of the smaller vehicles...
i have dodged and slid around many accidents in my integra...[QUOTE]

I've had the opprotunity...& luck, to dodge no less than FIVE assaults on Suzys already rumpled posterior this winter...:sighwgray

When it comes to defensive driving, SHE ROCKS!...:thumbup:

What was I saying about a "licence to breed" in another thread???...:smilewink

i have also dodged many things in my VX...it does handle very well for a SUV...but it doesnt compare to something like a subaru (i know there are some subie owners here that will back me up on that)

dont get me wrong guys, im not getting rid of my VX, im just getting something for more of a practical daily driver

tjh
03/01/2009, 04:06 PM
[QUOTE=Ldub;149400][QUOTE=pbkid;149341]
dont get me wrong guys, im not getting rid of my VX, im just getting something for more of a practical daily driver

What do you mean not practical as a daily driver ? I just bought one to be my daily driver . I thought my GTS was not a practical daily driver ,so I keep it in the garage until the weekend comes . the Vx is replacing my old Gt , which used to be my daily driver . Ugh ! I keep getting it all wrong .