PDA

View Full Version : Can I suggest that we support our local Isuzu service centers?

deermagnet
02/20/2009, 01:40 PM
Although Isuzu will cease supplying passenger vehicles in North America, it will continue to stand behind its customers and dealers here for years to come. Specifically, Isuzu will continue to honor all product warranties and roadside assistance programs and will maintain its owner-relations call center. In addition, to assure long-term service to its customers, Isuzu will be offering all current, U.S. Isuzu vehicle dealers the opportunity to continue on as service dealerships for Isuzu. "Let me make it crystal clear," Maloney said. "Isuzu will discontinue the sales of vehicles only. Our parts and service operation will remain fully functional. We expect the vast majority of our dealers will continue as service-only dealers."

They were looking to sign-up at least 200 dealers to continue to stock parts and do warranty service. If ya go to www.isuzu.com (http://www.isuzu.com/) and enter your zip you'll find the closest options. If we buy our parts and get service done at these shops, whenever possible, that increases the chances they'll still be aligned with Isuzu one, two, or six years from now. I know a lot of people hate dealers and avoid them at all costs, but I know I'll feel better having one of these shops within 100 miles. I'm almost nine years into my VX and I'm looking for at least another fifteen years on top of that. Parts and service availability is going to be increasingly more important as the years roll on.

I'm just sayin' it's something we should at least think about when looking for parts or service. If a local dealer was kind enough to voluntarily continue with Isuzu, I'll support 'em whenever possible.

Mark Griffin (a VX lifer) :_steering

circmand
02/20/2009, 03:18 PM
but the closest I have is 100 miles away too far for basic service and I have been there 4 times to fix the same issue. My hope is Isuzu agrees to let good local mechanics do warranty work

Gussie2000
02/20/2009, 05:16 PM
I'll positivetly support as much isuzu dealers to remain supplying parts to isuzu owners,at least that's the most basic issue we shall consider.

My closest isuzu dealer isn't that far,about 4 miles,but my work schedule makes it dificult to have any service done on my VX;Plus you got to make an appointment in order to show up,otherwise you'll be turned back :mad:

lasturbo
02/20/2009, 06:25 PM
I am lucky that mine is about 2 miles away from my house (Classic Isuzu in Escondido, CA) and I support the parts department. I believe they still have plenty of service and parts business so they should hopefully be sticking around for some time.

VehiGAZ
02/21/2009, 07:23 AM
Hell, I'm lucky enough to have one right in town!

Yeah, I think it's a good idea to feed them some business, especially if you haven't used them before - let them know there are more potential Isuzu customers out there. I was using another Isuzu dealer about 15-20 miles away that was actually more convenient to get to/from work, but they shut down their Isuzu operation last fall. The dealer in town said they've actually seen business increase slightly since because the other one closed. That's encouraging - I want them to be there if I need them.

Scott Harness
02/21/2009, 10:40 AM
Does the link www.isuzu.com work for anybody? It said no dealer in every state I tried and my zipcode was invalid.:eek:

VehiGAZ
02/21/2009, 01:24 PM
No, it doesn't seem to be working.

Jolly Roger VX'er
02/21/2009, 04:21 PM
Does the link www.isuzu.com work for anybody? It said no dealer in every state I tried and my zipcode was invalid.:eek:

must not be working, I put in 4 different states with no luck.

Ironically enough, my local ISUZU dealer just changed into a SUZUKI auto dealer....haven't had a chance to see if they still do parts & service.

VehiGAZ
02/22/2009, 01:50 PM
When my regular dealer dropped their Isuzu affiliation, I am pretty sure that they could not get OEM parts through Isuzu anymore.

nfpgasmask
02/22/2009, 03:12 PM
The thing that I find difficult is that my local dealer here does stock parts, but at a price significantly more than what Merlin charges, so 9 times out of 10 I go to Merlin for parts.

Bart