PDA

View Full Version : i have motor noise, need new or used?

vxbadboy
02/18/2009, 07:06 AM
hey out there, very glad to a member

Scott Harness
02/18/2009, 07:56 AM
hey out there, very glad to a member

Check the web links section for All Hyundai Isuzu Recyling Center.I just bought a nice motor for $2500. They got it to me in 3 days Excellent service I've used them before.

MSHardeman
02/18/2009, 08:11 AM
Sorry for the thread jack, but Scott did I miss something? Do you have to replace your motor, or did you get a spare for future use?

Scott Harness
02/18/2009, 08:56 AM
Sorry for the thread jack, but Scott did I miss something? Do you have to replace your motor, or did you get a spare for future use?

Replaced! mine was starting to use more and more oil.Quart every 500 miles.I didn't want to try to go to Moab with it like that.:eek:

VX crazy
02/18/2009, 09:28 AM
Scott do you have the new one in yet? How much did the shop charge to do the swap?

MSHardeman
02/18/2009, 11:41 AM
Heck, maybe I should start looking for a new engine. Mine has lost about a half quart of oil per tank (+/-350 miles, so that would be a quart every 600-700 miles) since I bought it with 35,000 miles on it. It's got about 80,000 on it now but there's been no change in oil consumption.

Scott Harness
02/18/2009, 12:11 PM
Scott do you have the new one in yet? How much did the shop charge to do the swap?
$1500 Just two days. I found a great mechanic. Hardly anybody wanted to do it.
I originally wanted a ring-job and NOBODY wanted to do that.Another shop wanted $2000 for motor swap.

Scott Harness
02/18/2009, 12:21 PM
PS apparently THE motor is NOT the same as a Trooper motor.
Merlin said they were same,but I had two different motor distributors say they were different and would NOT sell me a Trooper motor:confused:

pbkid
02/18/2009, 12:54 PM
Heck, maybe I should start looking for a new engine. Mine has lost about a half quart of oil per tank (+/-350 miles, so that would be a quart every 600-700 miles) since I bought it with 35,000 miles on it. It's got about 80,000 on it now but there's been no change in oil consumption.

as long as you keep oil in it...its ok to lose some...you may want to have your motor worked on a little in the future so it doesnt cost you as much in oil prices lol...

but, i replaced mine for around 4500 out the door (2 day job)...now i burn NO oil....

VX crazy
02/18/2009, 02:32 PM
At least I have my other VX with engine that barely used any oil because the current VX burns almost a quart every 500miles.....added lucas oil with last royal purple oil change......nothing was as good as my original VX...ughhh

Scott Harness
02/21/2009, 01:14 PM
New(to me) motor installed,purring like a kitten.
When my mechanic first put it in,He called me saying it was bad and making all kinds of noise:eek: I called the place where I bought it.The guy said just drive it for 50 miles or so and it would SETTLE in:rolleyes:
He was right.I guess when they have been sitting on a shelf with no oil for months,they get kinda stiff.
Now to see if it's an oil burner also:( Stay tuned

VX crazy
02/22/2009, 08:27 AM
New(to me) motor installed,purring like a kitten.
When my mechanic first put it in,He called me saying it was bad and making all kinds of noise:eek: I called the place where I bought it.The guy said just drive it for 50 miles or so and it would SETTLE in:rolleyes:
He was right.I guess when they have been sitting on a shelf with no oil for months,they get kinda stiff.
Now to see if it's an oil burner also:( Stay tuned

I heard you should store engine with oil in it, thats what I am doing with my RIP one....

Scott, glad your back in the saddle.....fingers crossed on oil burning....

Scott Harness
02/22/2009, 08:37 AM
I heard you should store engine with oil in it

That's what I would think,but gas goes bad,so oil probably does too.

Scott Harness
02/22/2009, 08:39 AM
I'll ask about the oil in the motor for storage!