PDA

View Full Version : group meet to fix windows

pbkid
02/17/2009, 06:34 PM
hey colorado VX'ers Mdwyer and i have decided that we are both gonna order the metal window tabs and get together and fix both of our windows....

reason that this started was i was looking for some help with my windows, i have tried multiple times with no luck, so maybe with a second person's thoughts we could figure out how to get it done...

so, anyhow, we wanna meet up before moab, is anyone interested in joining us?? maybe we could grab some grub/brews while the epoxy is drying ;)

JoFotoz
02/17/2009, 07:11 PM
Why not make it a Red Rock or Portal "event" at Moab?

Beers to be provided by those needing help!

jo

Ldub
02/17/2009, 07:17 PM
Why not make it a Red Rock or Portal "event" at Moab?

Beers to be provided by those needing help!

jo

Tools & free advice provided by those needing refreshment...:naughty:

MSHardeman
02/17/2009, 07:21 PM
OH BOY, more Red Rock wrenching!:dance: If that's the case I may order the metal tabs and we can really make a party of it.;party:

pbkid
02/17/2009, 07:22 PM
this mght be a great idea.....

maybe ill bring epoxy and the metal window brackets...

i could definately afford to pay some beer for some help to get mine fixed...

ive tried 3 times with no luck...

Ldub
02/17/2009, 10:36 PM
this mght be a great idea.....

maybe ill bring epoxy and the metal window brackets...

i could definately afford to pay some beer for some help to get mine fixed...

ive tried 3 times with no luck...

Maybe get in touch wit SBC, for da kine hot glue he uses...:naughty:

Way more fast!

mdwyer
02/18/2009, 08:27 AM
Maybe get in touch wit SBC, for da kine hot glue he uses...:naughty:

Way more fast!

That would be nice... the epoxy I used with the plastic tabs works well, but it takes four hours to set. That's a lot of time to be waiting for rain...

pbkid
02/18/2009, 08:54 AM
definately gonna have to look into something that sets easier than epoxy...although once i get it done, i dont wanna have to do it again...

Ldub
02/18/2009, 08:57 PM
definately gonna have to look into something that sets easier than epoxy...although once i get it done, i dont wanna have to do it again...

Check out SBC's posts re: the hot glue...he says no probs withstanding AZ heat...however, that doesn't mean it will withstand the MUCH lower temps experienced a bit farther nort.

Just a wild thought, that MAY prove useful...:naughty:

Snoop around for club builders epoxy...my Bro builds golf clubs, & has experience with fast setting epoxies that he gets from golfsmith.

I figure, that if he can build a club that can withstand the torsional/centrifugal loads created by 100+ mph club head speeds @ impact, & be ready to hit in about an hour (or less), then our window load stresses should be much less.

mdwyer
02/19/2009, 12:46 PM
Another option is this: Club Workshop (http://www.clubworkshop.com/). I have a friend who works there, and they often have car clubs come in for work days. They normally charge $40 for a day pass, which includes access to all the machines there -- you could make you own window clips, if you were so inclined. He might consider a break, though, if we just want to use a bay or two.

With a fully-stocked workshop, I might also take the time to install the tow hitch, too...

pbkid
02/19/2009, 11:12 PM
wow, thats a great idea!!!

a lot of great ideas....

ill have to do some research before we head to moab ;)