PDA

View Full Version : MD/VA/PA 1/4 mile'ers

WormGod
02/13/2009, 08:28 AM
This just in: Looks like 75/80 Dragway may be REopening this spring. It's been rumored for years (well, since '05 when they shut down), but with some apparent issues with development on the land being hampered and the economy, it's a loss of money just sitting there, all overgrown and rotting away. Opening the track back up until some development plan is actually in the works will at least give some income back to the land owners.

Crews have been spotted and pics taken of the track and grandstands being cleared and cleaned up of overgrowth and debris these last few weeks, so, looks like something is in the works to get rubber burning and the ETA board lit up again.

Fingers crossed and looking forward to having chili dogs and some beers while watching cars buzz the 1/4 mile. :cool:

Ldub
02/14/2009, 11:00 PM
[QUOTE=WormGod;148148] looks like something is in the works to get rubber burning and the ETA board lit up again.[QUOTE]

LOL...the cars in your area are so slow that they post an Estimated Time of Arrival at the far end???...:rotate:...:smilewink...:rotate:

What'd they use in the old days?, a calendar?...:laughing:

All funnybusiness aside, sounds like fun...hope they actually open it, instead of turning it into a flea market or something.

etlsport
02/15/2009, 07:01 PM
nifty.. i spent some time down there in high school.. it would be interesting to get a few VXs down there just to do time trials to see the differences in stock, slightly modified (mine has drop in green performance filter and powervault 2) and yours with the S/C

if they do open it id be up for meeting up out there one day

WormGod
02/16/2009, 08:59 AM
nifty.. i spent some time down there in high school.. it would be interesting to get a few VXs down there just to do time trials to see the differences in stock, slightly modified (mine has drop in green performance filter and powervault 2) and yours with the S/C

if they do open it id be up for meeting up out there one day

Rumors aside, I saw a thread on the Subie forums that said there is a link to a racing site that actually shows an opening date of early-mid April. Hmmm....

Living just about 2 miles from the track, I drove onto the lot this weekend. Some guys appeared to be cleaning stuff up. It's still a complete disaster. Gonna take more than a couple of bored rednecks to fix that place up. Oh, and the track.... forget it. You couldn't safely drive a rock crawler at 5mph on that thing. It is HORRIBLE. Hope they plan on repaving.

Cobrajet
02/21/2009, 06:41 AM
This would have been taken in '92 or '93 before my Cobra was restored. I broke out really bad, and lost the round. Had fun though. I'd love to take the VX down the 1/4 mile. We've only got 1/8th mile close to here. I'd never take the Cobra down the 1/4 with the current tires, brakes and suspension.
http://home.comcast.net/~gregg.north/75_80_dragway.jpg

WormGod
02/23/2009, 08:44 AM
They are still cleaning things up there. Passed by a couple times this weekend and looked like some crews were doing "something".