PDA

View Full Version : rear window glass removal

tom4bren
02/09/2009, 12:57 PM
I'm going to help blujfan try to remove the glass from his donor in a coupla weeks. It appears to just be bonded in place. Does anyone have any tricks that could help us in this process? Yes circmand, the glass needs to come out in one piece.:)

MSHardeman
02/09/2009, 01:20 PM
I was searching the Repair Manual CD last night for a way to remove the exterior mirror glass and ran across some instructions on how to remove (and reinstall) all the glass in the VX. If you don't have a manual download it from Tone and it should give you all the instruction you need.

Take pictures of what you guys do so the rest of us can refer to it in the future if needed.

circmand
02/09/2009, 03:08 PM
I'm going to help blujfan try to remove the glass from his donor in a coupla weeks. It appears to just be bonded in place. Does anyone have any tricks that could help us in this process? Yes circmand, the glass needs to come out in one piece.:)

I saw the heading and thought Hey I can help this guy at least :bwgr::bgwp::smilewink:bgwo:

rowhard
02/09/2009, 03:10 PM
you can find the workshop manual here under downloads, it's in a PDF format so will need the adobe reader

tom4bren
02/10/2009, 05:38 AM
Got the workshop manual - just didn't look there. Thanks for the advice.

Sorry circmand - couldn't resist after your post on mirror removal.:)

circmand
02/10/2009, 07:00 AM
Got the workshop manual - just didn't look there. Thanks for the advice.

Sorry circmand - couldn't resist after your post on mirror removal.:)

I LOL when I saw it:)

workmeistr
02/10/2009, 05:52 PM
Tom, let me know when and where this 'project' goes down. I would love to lend a hand and meet both of you. Take care, Bren.

Ascinder
02/10/2009, 06:02 PM
As a former glazier, here's some advice. Go order the windshield removal tool. It looks like this:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/photos/99800-99899/99892.gif

The best 8 bucks you'll spend, it'll make removal a snap.

tom4bren
02/11/2009, 08:03 AM
Is that tool available from Harbor Freight?

Bren, I think we're shooting for the 21st in Lorton. I'll let you know for sure when it's set up.

workmeistr
02/11/2009, 12:28 PM
OK, Tom.
It's about 3 1/2 hours for me, so I may drive up the afternoon/night before and spend the night, so let me know which day the gig goes down. Take care and I hope all is well with you and yours, Bren.