PDA

View Full Version : CB Antenna

tomdietrying
02/08/2009, 04:24 PM
I would like to have a hard mount CB antenna this year for Moab. The problem is I don't want to drill into my roof or rear door cladding. Has anyone made a mount that connects behind the rear tail light and extends straight out a couple of inches below the tail light?

I don't want to reinvent the wheel so if there is a mock already made could you share please? Thanks.

Peace.
Tom

psychos2
02/09/2009, 04:45 AM
If you are not looking for really long distance,you can use one of the thru the glass ones. I have used one for trips to fl works pretty good and no drilling. shawn

tomdietrying
02/09/2009, 06:07 AM
I thought of that, but I think I want one for long distances. I gives me something to do while I'm driving from Texas to Moab.
Peace.
Tom

nfpgasmask
02/09/2009, 08:59 AM
Tom, you don't have a roof basket, do you? I was thinking of something that I could mount to the side of my basket. That way, I could run the wires through my spoiler like I did with my lights. If you drill a hole in the back of the spoiler, you will have direct access to the inside of your VX and you can run wires up through the head liner to the cab. That is how I did the wires for my Hella lights. Once you drill a hole you can put a grommet in there and then once the wires are run you can just put a bead of silicone around it. I like this option because the wires can be basically kept out of sight. And you can always put one of those WeatherPack connectors on there like I did so you can remove it when you want to.

http://www.nofuture.com/myvx/pics/067.jpg

Just a thought, but I guess you would need to get a roof basket first.

Bart