PDA

View Full Version : Rear seat, what to do

rowhard
02/07/2009, 07:56 AM
I like many of us have removed the rear seat since it would never be used by me plus I wanted that extra space. Now, no one would be interested in buying it. But how important do you think it would be, IF and that is a very big if, I should ever have to sell my beloved dragon, that it is included in the sale? Since the body shop is having to strip out the interior to do the repairs and remove the rear seat belts, told them to just leave them in a box. Thinking it is a dumpster filler. I suppose I could fab up a base and make a workshop love seat out of it.

crager34
02/07/2009, 08:15 AM
I kept mine and will keep it in my basement. It will be important when/if you sell the VX. :eek:

etlsport
02/07/2009, 09:38 AM
i would hang on to it.. i have had mine out for about 2 years.. and think about putting it back at least once a week now.. but ive modded the rear area so much they wont fit comfortably anymore :cryb: so eventually im gonna de and re mod the cargo area to accommodate my rear seat again

TheGanzman
02/07/2009, 11:21 AM
Take it from the old guy - always always ALWAYS keep EVERYthing you take off ANY vehicle you own! The few sheckles that you make selling it MAY keep it from selling down the road; ask me how *I* know! Folded up, that seat takes up very little room; hell, stick it in the attic in a contractor bag! Wrap up those seat belts too...

We all know that the rear seat is practically VESTIGIAL in the VX, but the PERCEPTION of the usability of the rear seat just MIGHT be what sells the vehicle to the next guy (or being able to SELL the usability to the guy's wife may be what sells it!). Just my 25 cents....

Gussie2000
02/07/2009, 11:38 AM
I'll keep mines regardless of if is usefull yes or not.

You never know when those rear seats becomes handy.Personally if i ever get drunk in a party & cannot drive i'll just fold them down close the rear door & take my nap right there.

pbkid
02/07/2009, 05:28 PM
I'll keep mines regardless of if is usefull yes or not.

You never know when those rear seats becomes handy.Personally if i ever get drunk in a party & cannot drive i'll just fold them down close the rear door & take my nap right there.

done that more than once...actually if you take the headrests of and recline them they will sit flat backwards and then you have a little bed...

Triathlete
02/07/2009, 05:29 PM
Fab a bolt on base (so it is still reinstallable) and use it as a computer gaming seat! :bwgy:

etlsport
02/07/2009, 10:43 PM
done that more than once...actually if you take the headrests of and recline them they will sit flat backwards and then you have a little bed...

yea.... :thumbup:

mdwyer
02/07/2009, 11:41 PM
I agree. Hold on to the seat somewhere.

Personally if i ever get drunk in a party & cannot drive i'll just fold them down close the rear door & take my nap right there.

Now here's the really stupid part: You can still be arrested or ticketed for DUI Per Se. The law seems to believe that if you are near the car and have the keys, they you must have been driving. :( Check your local regulations.

Gussie2000
02/08/2009, 10:30 AM

Oh yeah,that's all about :p

pbkid
02/08/2009, 10:43 AM
I agree. Hold on to the seat somewhere.

Now here's the really stupid part: You can still be arrested or ticketed for DUI Per Se. The law seems to believe that if you are near the car and have the keys, they you must have been driving. :( Check your local regulations.

technically yes...if your within 50 feet of your car with the keys in your possesion then you have DUI....

just hide the keys on the outside of the vehicle....:)

that way they arent in your possesion...

VCrossfan
02/08/2009, 11:06 AM
Many years ago I had a 72 Chevy Blazer w/ a rear bench, I was in the same situation as you and I removed it and did what Tri mentioned and mounted in the corner of my rec-room and when friends would come over and we played pool/darts that's the 1st place our kids would race for. I even picked up a cheap cloth seat cover from wal-mart to help protect it from the spills,etc. Once I sold the 72 I removed the cover installed back in the Blazer and the new owners drove it away with there kids in the back on the seat bouncing with excitement. Keep it by all means...

Riff Raff
02/08/2009, 11:35 AM
ROWHARD-- Why would you even consider getting rid of your OEM back seat if you still have your VX??? Hmmm, sounds to me that there are some underlying issues you're not telling us about. Perhaps the VX rear seat is more of a "storage" problem at your house and you're finding yourself always tripping over it (and/or your significant other(s) are complaining about it as "clutter").

If it is a matter of a "storage/clutter" problem, and you just don't have the floor space for the bulky rear seat-- then go "Vertical" storage with it. Try screwing in a couple of Eye-Bolts into your garage ceiling wood cross-beams and "suspend" it from the garage ceiling with a couple of Adjustable Motorcycle Straps (available everywhere & very strong/secure).

Problem solved. The VX rear seat is up out of the way suspended from the garage ceiling; you're not tripping over it, and if the time comes to sell your VX then you'll have it ready for re-installation in your VX. Aim High!!!

don moore
02/08/2009, 02:20 PM
if you dont want your rear seats send them to me ..ill take them .....but the shipping might cost you a bit im in oregon..

pbkid
02/08/2009, 03:24 PM
if you dont want your rear seats send them to me ..ill take them .....but the shipping might cost you a bit im in oregon..

thats kinda what i was thinking... just making all the furnature in my casa, VX seats....just playing, but it would be nice to deck out for a play room or something...

Bulldoggie
02/08/2009, 04:52 PM

Don; Just a reminder, the Dragon has black and gray colored seats.
Shipping would = 2 tanks of gas to drive to Oly and back.

John; I would find a place for you to store them.....

don moore
02/08/2009, 05:34 PM
sorry bulldog.. I did'nt know you would want to get it .:o.i was thinking of my van i have.. it has no rear seats.. i would fab some kind of bracket to mount it...
about the shipping i was kidding.. i would go to portland to meet and get from there..i can afford a tank.:)

Bulldoggie
02/09/2009, 11:43 AM
sorry bulldog.. I did'nt know you would want to get it .:o.i was thinking of my van i have.. it has no rear seats.. i would fab some kind of bracket to mount it...
about the shipping i was kidding.. i would go to portland to meet and get from there..i can afford a tank.:)

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I wanted John to keep it.