PDA

View Full Version : Only had the VX for wo days and........

crotchrocket
02/02/2009, 11:07 AM
LOOK AT THE WEATHER :D perfect! at least i know the TOD works

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j31/crotchrocket3000/vehicross/101_4874.jpg

The Mrs

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j31/crotchrocket3000/vehicross/101_4875.jpg

I'm LOVING the car, having a great time driving i and really pleased with my choice.

So far just a couple of issues, a noisy interior fan and a squeeky bonnet. But other than that its great!!

Just need to rip out the Japanise satnav system as it won't work here, neither will the FM radio as the frequency is too low. The VX seams to have alot of the factory extra's which is nice. Sat nav, 6 disk CD player with the boot devider, TV + AV, reverse camera, heated mirrors, spot light bar etc.

Scott Harness
02/02/2009, 11:13 AM
Clean the bonnet latch (hook) and lube it.That's where the noise on mine comes from. Works every time for me.

nfpgasmask
02/02/2009, 11:17 AM
Cool! The squeaky bonnet can be fixed easily by turning those little black knobs on either side of the front of the engine bay a little bit to make a tighter fit. Also, wrap a little duct or gaffer tape around the "U" bolt on the bonnet and that should make the mice go away!

Bart

Gussie2000
02/02/2009, 03:33 PM
Nothing can be more more pleasant than seeing a nice lady behind the VX wheel;Have fun ;)

Gussie2000
02/02/2009, 03:34 PM
Cool! The squeaky bonnet can be fixed easily by turning those little black knobs on either side of the front of the engine bay a little bit to make a tighter fit. Also, wrap a little duct or gaffer tape around the "U" bolt on the bonnet and that should make the mice go away!

Bart

Yes,that's right;I did the same adjustment on my VX too

crotchrocket
02/03/2009, 01:11 AM
Nothing can be more more pleasant than seeing a nice lady behind the VX wheel;Have fun ;)

NO WAY MAN,. she's not driving it !!!! ;) :bgwg:

kodiak
02/03/2009, 02:11 AM
Nice! Look like you're hooked.:cool:

VehiGAZ
02/03/2009, 08:19 AM

Good man, Crotchrocket...

don moore
02/03/2009, 10:33 AM
car parked illegaly in this spot will be clamped...lol

Gussie2000
02/03/2009, 04:03 PM

Why don't you allow her to drive ? :confused:

Oh,wait,got a idea............get her a VX too,let her get poisoned by the VX bit ! :p

Ldub
02/03/2009, 08:38 PM

Why don't you allow her to drive ? :confused:

I let a female who was considered a friend drive my VX once...just once...:sighwgray
Still have the twisted metal to prove it...:upsetgray
In hindsight, I figure it was 50% my fault...for allowing it in the first place...:rolleyesg

don moore
02/03/2009, 08:50 PM
I let my wife drive my VX ..She said it was scary..and she would feel bad if anything happened to it while she was driving it ...She dont want to drive it anymore..hehe...I love her..:p

pbkid
02/03/2009, 09:20 PM
i let my girlfriend drive my VX...but usually thats if im drunk or if we are wheeling and she wants to try something (and i always spot for those)...

also if she is driving a long distance without me and the weather is really bad...the VX is replacable but she isn't....

but, with that said, she knows how much it means to me so she drives really carefully when she does drive it...

Ldub
02/03/2009, 10:36 PM
i let my girlfriend drive my VX...but usually thats if im drunk or if we are wheeling and she wants to try something (and i always spot for those)...

also if she is driving a long distance without me and the weather is really bad...the VX is replacable but she isn't....

but, with that said, she knows how much it means to me so she drives really carefully when she does drive it...

(Colonel Klink voice ON...hey, I'm in a mood)
I haf zeen der frau veel, vit mein own two eyeballz...VIT ROOLZ!...:thumbup:

Ko-lo-nel Klink voiceovr OFF)

Sprey
02/04/2009, 12:03 AM
Ha at the snow , Uk in the snow seems odd :p.

seen any cars slide down your st yet? , was watching a few videos on the news about the snow.

your vx is mint have fun with it ,

I vote let ya mrs have a drive :bgwb:

crotchrocket
02/04/2009, 01:33 AM
Just so you all know..........

My girlfriend has a license but no car and hasn't driven for 4 years on the road i don't have anything against her driving the VX but THIS is what happened when i let her drive my Nissan on a dis-used runway........She has a heavy right foot to say the least, lol

Check out the grin!

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j31/crotchrocket3000/th_Video0006.jpg (http://s76.photobucket.com/albums/j31/crotchrocket3000/?action=view&current=Video0006.flv)

pbkid
02/04/2009, 12:22 PM
looks like fun...i wish there were some places in colorado where you could get out and have fun like that...theres no open space that you wont get arrested for doing stuff like that around here...

MSHardeman
02/04/2009, 12:33 PM
Jack,

Didn't you just post a few videos of you doing something very similar to that in a parking lot somewhere? You didn't get arrested then (or maybe you did), so it seems like you found just the place for such frivolity.:rolleyes:

pbkid
02/04/2009, 12:39 PM
Jack,

Didn't you just post a few videos of you doing something very similar to that in a parking lot somewhere? You didn't get arrested then (or maybe you did), so it seems like you found just the place for such frivolity.:rolleyes:

got away with it one night...went back the next night because it worked well...and when the cops showed up the second night...they gave out $400 careless driving ticket to the guy they caught going around the track....luckily i was just watching at that point...

nfpgasmask
02/04/2009, 01:08 PM
I let my wife drive my VX ..She said it was scary..and she would feel bad if anything happened to it while she was driving it ...She dont want to drive it anymore..hehe...I love her..:p

That's how Linda is. She says, "I can't see $|-|1T outta this thing" and knows that I will freak if anything happens. :)

Bart

rowhard
02/04/2009, 07:31 PM
crotchrocket, having worked in the U.K. for 13 years, I know that is alot of snow and that everything comes to a screeching halt. Nice to have something that go's anywhere. I never understood it, but then I grew up in Michigan where you didn't see the ground for 4 months. Then you have these crazy people in the group like Ldub from Fargo N.D., oh my god. If you have ever been there, well, you understand their humor. Their very deprived,... and isolated up there and have a sick sense of humor, hence the skull on the top of his VX.:bgwo:

Ldub
02/04/2009, 08:00 PM
crotchrocket, having worked in the U.K. for 13 years, I know that is alot of snow and that everything comes to a screeching halt. Nice to have something that go's anywhere. I never understood it, but then I grew up in Michigan where you didn't see the ground for 4 months. Then you have these crazy people in the group like Ldub from Fargo N.D., oh my god. If you have ever been there, well, you understand their humor. Their very deprived,... and isolated up there and have a sick sense of humor, hence the skull on the top of his VX.:bgwo:

Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha...(that's me laughing...REALLY HARD!)

Deprived, sick, twisted, sociopathic tendencies...by about this time in the winter, I'll answer to most any of it...:naughty:
Thank God the days are finally starting to get noticeably longer...:thumbup:
Skully met his maker last weekend, in a "low overhang incedent".
Glad I keep four or five spares around the living room for just such a thing...:rolleyesg

crotchrocket, meant no dis towards your special Lady friend...just relating my own experience.

BTW...she has a SWEET maniacal grin...:smilewink

crotchrocket
02/05/2009, 03:08 AM
BTW...she has a SWEET maniacal grin...:smilewink

I know hahahahaha !!!