PDA

View Full Version : Fun With Photography

nfpgasmask
02/02/2009, 09:11 AM
This past Saturday, my wife, my brother and I all got our "whips" properly cleaned and looking sharp, so we decided to take the black fleet out and take some fun photos. Here is the result:

http://nfpgasmask.livejournal.com/66563.html

It was a lot of fun, so I just thought I would share, since there is a cool VX in there. :)

Bart

VXGirlie01
02/02/2009, 09:16 AM
haha!! NICE!!!!!! i was thinking i would hear the ac/dc song "back in black" being played! looks great! nothing like a fleet of black badas* cars!

thanks for sharing the pics and sending the PM! looks great!

jody

PittVXr
02/02/2009, 10:15 AM
Nice rides! I wish I could be outside in short sleeves right now though.

WormGod
02/02/2009, 10:37 AM
No idea what a clean car is. Won't for a while. The roads here look like the rim of a margarita glass and will look even worse tonight when round 5 of the snow and ice smack us. My blue WRX is now salty-gray and my VX is staying semi-ebony simply because she gets to sit it all out in the clean garage. ;)

nfpgasmask
02/02/2009, 10:42 AM
Yeah, it's been clear and mild here in Reno. It was 25 this morning when I drove to work but as soon as that sun comes out it will be around 55 by mid day and it feels warmer in the sun. I love it here.

:) Bart

lasturbo
02/02/2009, 10:58 AM
THE STEALTH CREW!!
Cool Pics!!:bgwo:

killinformula
02/02/2009, 12:09 PM
Those pics look sweet! Love the porsche!

Quick Q: did you paint your cladding? if yes, did you you a clearcoat? also what did you paint it with? THX

nfpgasmask
02/02/2009, 12:44 PM
Those pics look sweet! Love the porsche!

Thanks. I really shouldn't drive that thing. Once you hit 85 it just wants more and I don't need the citations!

Quick Q: did you paint your cladding?

Nope!! I just clean it and use Trim Shine.

pbkid
02/02/2009, 12:50 PM
nice pics, your brother looks a little big for that z though :)

your VX is very clean bart for someone who offroads...

nfpgasmask
02/02/2009, 12:59 PM
nice pics, your brother looks a little big for that z though :)

:laughing: He is too big for most things. 3 BILLS!!

your VX is very clean bart for someone who offroads...

Well, we took these pics not 60 minutes from the time we finished washing. My VX does look good when clean, from about 6 feet away. If you look closesly though, my paint is FUBAR. I have a lot of chips and dings all over, and loads of tree rash. Last time I went wheeling (a few weeks ago) the trail had a lot of slushy/muddy spots. I was on this hill that came to an abrupt stop where I couldn't go any further. The trail was tight to begin with (probably a quad trail) and when I tried to back down my rear end just slid and before I knew it the whole driver's side was under a pine tree with low hanging branches. It was ugly. Getting outta that put some monster slashes on my hood and front fender. But, that's what happens when you wheel so...

WormGod
02/02/2009, 01:42 PM
And wouldnt you know it. Hit 58f today and within the last hour, it dropped to 41f with snow and freezing rain moving in.... again. We just cant get a break around here.

Damn you all with the ability to have paint that actually has a reflection! :mad: :cool:

kodiak
02/02/2009, 03:22 PM
Awesome!!:thumbup: You should call that set of pictures the Fantastic 3.:p

Ldub
02/02/2009, 08:23 PM
The trail was tight to begin with (probably a quad trail) and when I tried to back down my rear end just slid and before I knew it the whole driver's side was under a pine tree with low hanging branches. It was ugly. Getting outta that put some monster slashes on my hood and front fender. But, that's what happens when you wheel so...

That's why Unca dub always carries a camp saw...:naughty:

Limb that sucker up till no more scratchee!..:tie:

PHO2GR4
02/02/2009, 11:00 PM
You guys look like you're ready to film a spy movie.

A BAD spy movie, but I'd watch it...:p

crotchrocket
02/03/2009, 01:19 AM
Awesome picture, your VX looks stunning !! :smack:

taylorRichie
02/03/2009, 07:04 AM
First... cool images, fun photoshoot... :D Your VX looks very clean... even if it is a 5 foot paintjob. I also didn't know you guys (or Lisa Rather) had a Porsche... Nice!

---
Can you explain to me what Lisa does with the dolls? Where they come from, does she paint them, create the outfits? etc.? Or can you buy these dolls off the shelf?? I'm confused.

They're pretty awesome! Some of the images remind me very much of the art of Mark Ryden. Let her know I'm very impressed. (both with the photography, and the dolls themselves) They almost look like high polygon 3D models in the photographs.

Ascinder
02/03/2009, 08:21 AM
I think you mean Linda;)

nfpgasmask
02/03/2009, 09:03 AM
You guys look like you're ready to film a spy movie.
A BAD spy movie, but I'd watch it...:p

:laughing: Thanks! It's that 18-200 man, we love it! It was you that made us buy that lens!! ;)

Awesome picture, your VX looks stunning !! :smack:

Thanks! It's really thrashed though. :)

First... cool images, fun photoshoot... :D Your VX looks very clean... even if it is a 5 foot paintjob. I also didn't know you guys (or Lisa Rather) had a Porsche... Nice!

Yup, that would be Linda, but don't worry, I'm horrid with names myself. We actually just got the p-car right around X-mas. We have never in all our years together had 2 cars, so it is really nice to finally have a back up vehicle. We got a SMOKIN' deal on that 911. NOW is the time to wheel and deal for cars! Anyway, yeah, it's DEFINITELY a 5' paintjob on the VX. I should take some macro shots of the bad spots just for fun. It is amazing what a good washing and half a can of Trim Shine can do. Man, I go through that stuff like there is no tomorrow!!!

Can you explain to me what Lisa does with the dolls? Where they come from, does she paint them, create the outfits? etc.? Or can you buy these dolls off the shelf?? I'm confused. They're pretty awesome! Some of the images remind me very much of the art of Mark Ryden. Let her know I'm very impressed. (both with the photography, and the dolls themselves) They almost look like high polygon 3D models in the photographs.

LOL, you must have followed some of my LJ links to her journal. They are commonly known as Asian Ball Jointed dolls and they are amazing, like you said. She has painted some, and had some painted by "face-up" artists. They all started in Japan and now are made in Korea and China as well. There is a huge "cult" of people who collect these dolls, dress them, do photo shoots, meet-ups, conventions, etc. It's a little nerdy, yeah, but whatever, it's fun.

BigSwede
02/03/2009, 09:45 AM
"Is your uh, is your wife interested in... photography, ay? 'Photographs, ay', he asked him knowingly?"

Squire:
"Photography?"

Man:
"Snap snap, grin grin, wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more?" :p

VX KAT
02/03/2009, 01:48 PM
Nope!! I just clean it and use Trim Shine.

:) Bart[/QUOTE]

Wow, :thumbup: if that's what Trim Shine does, I'm out the door right now to get some! I already called Checker and they have 3 cans....I'm going to buy all 3! ;oop; You suggested it to me a few days ago when I was moaning about my pinstripes/road rash, but I hadn't gotten to my trim yet.

nfpgasmask
02/03/2009, 01:57 PM
Wow, :thumbup: if that's what Trim Shine does, I'm out the door right now to get some! I already called Checker and they have 3 cans....I'm going to buy all 3! ;oop; You suggested it to me a few days ago when I was moaning about my pinstripes/road rash, but I hadn't gotten to my trim yet.

Yeah, I have heard some people say that Trim Shine does nothing to restore badly faded cladding. But for me, it has worked very well over the years as you can see. My cladding was never faded to begin with and has always retained it's normal dark color. I wash my VX regularly, and everytime I hand wash I apply Trim Shine. I spray all the cladding good, and then lightly go over it all again with a clean, soft rag to pick up any drips. I think that Trim Shine not only makes the cladding look sharp, it also protects it from fading. I probably get 3-5 applications out of every can, so stock up!! We have lots of plastic to keep pretty!!

Bart

taylorRichie
02/03/2009, 08:41 PM
Yup, that would be Linda, but don't worry, I'm horrid with names myself...

... LOL, you must have followed some of my LJ links to her journal. They are commonly known as Asian Ball Jointed dolls and they are amazing, like you said. She has painted some, and had some painted by "face-up" artists. They all started in Japan and now are made in Korea and China as well. There is a huge "cult" of people who collect these dolls, dress them, do photo shoots, meet-ups, conventions, etc. It's a little nerdy, yeah, but whatever, it's fun.

She prefers I call her Lisa ;)

I am absolutely horrible with names, and I tell people up front that I probably won't remember their name. I guess my brain is too full of useless information to remember names.

I think those Ball Jointed dolls are awesome... (not that I play with dolls) but wow...

Anyway, Does she sell? Collect? or just take pictures of the same doll in different outfits/settings etc.? Tell her props!

This is what it reminded me of (http://images.google.com/images?client=safari&rls=en-us&q=mark%20Ryden&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi)

Sorry to derail the thread :D

Might have to have her bring something to Moab.

Ldub
02/03/2009, 08:50 PM
---
Can you explain to me what Lisa does with the dolls? Where they come from, does she paint them, create the outfits? etc.? Or can you buy these dolls off the shelf?? I'm confused.

They're pretty awesome! Some of the images remind me very much of the art of Mark Ryden. Let her know I'm very impressed. (both with the photography, and the dolls themselves) They almost look like high polygon 3D models in the photographs.

...:naughty:

They are commonly known as Asian Ball Jointed dolls and they are amazing, like you said. She has painted some, and had some painted by "face-up" artists. They all started in Japan and now are made in Korea and China as well. There is a huge "cult" of people who collect these dolls, dress them, do photo shoots, meet-ups, conventions, etc. It's a little nerdy, yeah, but whatever, it's fun.

:naughty:...wait'll you see what's comin down the tube...:naughty:

"Is your uh, is your wife interested in... photography, ay? 'Photographs, ay', he asked him knowingly?"

Squire:
"Photography?"

Man:
"Snap snap, grin grin, wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more?" :p

WAY too funny...I know, I'm from the "Ministry of silly walks".

She prefers I call her Lisa ;)

I am absolutely horrible with names, and I tell people up front that I probably won't remember their name. I guess my brain is too full of useless information to remember names.

I think those Ball Jointed dolls are awesome... (not that I play with dolls) but wow...

Anyway, Does she sell? Collect? or just take pictures of the same doll in different outfits/settings etc.? Tell her props!

This is what it reminded me of (http://images.google.com/images?client=safari&rls=en-us&q=mark%20Ryden&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi)

Sorry to derail the thread :D

...:naughty:

nfpgasmask
02/04/2009, 09:14 AM

I agree. They are actually pretty damn cool looking. AND anatomically correct! :_drool:

Not much selling. Collect? I guess a little, she has 10 or so. Mark Ryden is awesome, indeed.

Unfortunately, probably not going to Moab this year, but we still need to arrange another Elko camping trip. :cool:

WAY too funny...I know, I'm from the "Ministry of silly walks".

Ahhh, that's what Steve was reffering to? I was like, huh? It's been years since I watched any Monty Python...

Bart

BigSwede
02/04/2009, 11:11 AM
I'm just glad somebody got it...

nfpgasmask
02/04/2009, 11:17 AM
I'm just glad somebody got it...

That's from Faulty Towers, right? Or was it from one of the movies? I can't remember...been a long time.

Bart

VehiGAZ
02/04/2009, 11:44 AM
Monty Python!

kodiak
02/04/2009, 11:53 AM
That was a funny bit. :p

http://www.morethings.com/fan/monty_python/eric_idle_nudge_nudge_photo_gallery03.htm

BigSwede
02/04/2009, 12:13 PM
Here's the transcript:

http://www.jumpstation.ca/recroom/comedy/python/nudge.html

Ldub
02/04/2009, 08:23 PM
You are scaring me, Dub...

Sorry Bra...no be scared.

I've gotten in the habit of "over posting" while I wind down from my swell new night job with a few Jack & Cokes...& whatnot...:naughty:
Trying to get the ends to come together by cleaning up after cubicle swine...& PLEASE, nobody here, that resides in a cubicle during the day, be offended...I think there must be a special sub-species in Fargo, no offence to any of my VX bros & seestahs...:flower:
I'll try to behave myself...:rolleyesg
But whatever you do, don't press me for details.

NOW...back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Jolly Roger VX'er
02/04/2009, 09:57 PM
Sorry Bra...no be scared.

I've gotten in the habit of "over posting" while I wind down from my swell new night job with a few Jack & Cokes...& whatnot...:naughty:
Trying to get the ends to come together by cleaning up after cubicle swine...& PLEASE, nobody here, that resides in a cubicle during the day, be offended...I think there must be a special sub-species in Fargo, no offence to any of my VX bros & seestahs...:flower:
I'll try to behave myself...:rolleyesg
But whatever you do, don't press me for details.

NOW...back to our regularly scheduled programming.

details! details! press.............press............:evil2:

BOT......Nice Trifecta of Black Rides....Get one more to join up and you could be the 4-Horseman (Horsepeople??) of the Apocalypse!

Ldub
02/04/2009, 10:21 PM
[QUOTE=Jolly Roger VX'er;146634]details! details! press.............press............:evil2:[QUOTE]

You REALLY don't wanna know...:sighwgray

nfpgasmask
02/05/2009, 09:44 AM

Here is my home away from home, and where 99% of the 4,440 Posts have come from. :p It is a mess, yes, but I tell ya, I have seen much, much worse. Rotting food, boxes of shoes, foul odors, 3 year old dried up coffee spills, Sticky Note hell, you name it.

Cubicle Swine, I like that, has a nice ring. That would make a great user name on here. Moncha, can you change "nfpgasmask" to "cubicle_swine" please? :)

http://www.nofuture.com/cubehell.jpg

Bart

CrnCnn
02/05/2009, 12:03 PM
We had a Post up your Desktop Thread. Do we need a Post up your wokspace thread?

nfpgasmask
02/05/2009, 12:30 PM
We had a Post up your Desktop Thread. Do we need a Post up your wokspace thread?

Sure, why not?