PDA

View Full Version : Dang, I drove the wrong car to Austin.

PHO2GR4
01/31/2009, 09:23 PM
Hey Austinites,

We are almost here for good, this time! I sold my Seattle house (if all goes well, it closes next month), so I drove out to Austin in my 350Z Roadster to go house-hunting. I'll leave the Z-car here in Texas and fly back to Seattle next week to pack up and get ready for the big move.

Next month (fingers crossed!), I'll drive the VX out here, taking the long route, with my trusty dog and a plug-in cooler. That's all I need. Oh, and my iPhone. And my Sirius Radio. And maybe a sleeping bag. And some Peanut M&Ms. That's all I need. Oh, and my noise-canceling earbuds for the iPhone, so I can listen to recorded books along the way. And my thermal mug, for coffee. And maybe my memory-foam pillow. And some sunscreen. Also probably my laptop. And my Nikon D3, with plenty of memory cards.

That's all I need. I'm gonna rough it.

So, yes, I'm looking forward to driving ALL 2500 MILES AGAIN in a month. It really will be a fun road trip, with Shimi along for the ride. Yosemite, Joshua Tree, Death Valley, White Sands, Roswell...I can't wait.

And as a bonus, Austin is a really exciting place to me moving to. It's growing fast, but I think there's still room for one more VX. :bgwo:

Scott Harness
02/01/2009, 08:15 AM
Excellent!! another TX VX Welcome!

Triathlete
02/01/2009, 01:05 PM
Cool, you can join all those Texian for the Moab trip!:bwgy:

You can stay awake listening to recorded books? I would be nodding off in no time!

Ascinder
02/01/2009, 03:32 PM
Any chance of a detour through Reno on the way down? It'd be cool to see if we could get a little meet up going.

rowhard
02/01/2009, 04:35 PM
Eric, maybe stop by Olympia too, would love to see you again and one last time - John

CoastieCosta567
02/01/2009, 08:08 PM
i just moved to TX, i'm in corpus christi, maybe we all can have a big-O-Texas meet some time soon.

Triathlete
02/01/2009, 09:13 PM
i just moved to TX, i'm in corpus christi, maybe we all can have a big-O-Texas meet some time soon...in MOAB

Fixed it for you!:bgwo:

PHO2GR4
02/01/2009, 09:50 PM
You guys rock. I love this VX family!

Eric

pbkid
02/01/2009, 09:58 PM
Fixed it for you!:bgwo:

x2....

nfpgasmask
02/02/2009, 08:55 AM
Eric, seriously - If you need a place to crash on your way down, we have 2 spare comfy beds and plenty of room and beer.

Only one dog now? I thought you had two??? :(

Anyway, if you are stopping by Yosemite, that should put you straight through Reno, so you better!!!

:) Bart