PDA

View Full Version : VX moment at high speed

Gussie2000
01/31/2009, 09:04 PM
last night couple of young guys on a x-terra tried to impress me how fast they can go after looking at my VX heading the eastern LI parkway here in NY for some clubbing fun

From no where these guys came speeding after my VX,they honk at me like : hey get off the f... way. I got mad,very mad :_mecker:

So i give them the lane & let them go...............but wait,they didn't just had fun with me :mad:

So Mr :evil: told me,! hey gussie ! didn't those jerks just laugh at you :_thinking: ,show them what you are driving your dumb :_brickwal

I turn my power drive mode for the 1rst time ever since i bought the VX & went for the chase :_steering After few cars ahead of me on the lane i saw them,they saw me & pushed the gas pedal.........no,no,no,no guys isn't that easy.

Press my gas a bit & began to show them what VX is capable off. :freek: They panic when heard my two mufflers roaring like a lion driving thru cars from left to right :freek: No way they were near to follow up.
At 82 mph the 2008 X-terra was out of air.

I slowed to prevent any tickets just to see a blackberry curve's camera flashing few times from the X-terra. :)

pbkid
01/31/2009, 09:12 PM
nice, show em how its done...

kodiak
01/31/2009, 09:56 PM
Lol! Kids and there X-terras. Yeah I had some stupid kid in an X-T pull up beside me at a stop light one night. It was pretty pathetic. He revved his engine I just gave him a glance. The light turned green and we were off. All I could here was the sound of his tire squeal in between gear changes as he fell further and further behind. Then I stopped at the next light and he revved again. I let him pull ahead this time then I pulled up beside him waved and left him in the dust.

Im not condoning this kind of behavior but sometimes you just haft to say “WTF!”;)

pbkid
01/31/2009, 11:49 PM
thats funny because my sister has a x-t but that thing has NO POWER at all...the only time i drove it i was seriously dissapointed....

however, one of my buddies just STOLE a x-t from someone...

04 x-t with ARB lockers front and rear, $1,600 roof rack with ladder and all(gobi rack), 4" lift with mudder tires...around 50k miles...
got the whole thing for like 8k....
i tried to convince him to trade me....he said if i got my VX painted lime green he would trade...

needless to say that thing KICKED arse offroad.....made my VX with brand new wranglers looks like a honda...

kodiak
02/01/2009, 12:33 AM
Yep, For the money a used X-T is an excellent truck for an off roading rig. Nissan has been making variations of that platform for over 20 years so there’s plenty of parts. But you'er right it is gutless.;)

Gussie2000
02/01/2009, 08:05 AM
Nissan thru the years had build good vehicules such as the pathfinder,to me one of the most longlasting-hard to give up trucks out there along with the toyota 4runner & the rodeos,my brother in law-to-be had a 1995 pathfinder with more then 200,000 miles & he never had any mayor issues more than a broken CV joint,no engine light,no oil pressure lost i mea nothing.

When my brother in law when to pick up he new 2005 path the sales man didn't allow him to trade the old pathfinder,he give him $ 1000 in cash right there to use it as a down payment,took the old path & the title.

He said : Man those old paths are warriors,the new generation aren't so well built as the old ones in japan.

The all new redesign XT looks more agressive,higher stand & probably better quality,but the engine specs doesn't do a good job,a 3.2L. or 3.5L. should be better, i really like them.

Put what those guys were pretending on the parkway the other night was awfull :mad: Didn't they saw the 3.5L on the VX front fenders :confused:

Probably they thought that because the VX's smaller & the XT stand higher they were like : Yes,go for him !

I guess the true saying applied there : don't look at the bottle's size,but what it contains ;)

kodiak
02/01/2009, 12:49 PM
In 2005 Nissan revamped the X-T and pathfinders F-Alpha platform with a more powerful Engine, a 265HP 4L V6. It was a big improvement over the asthmatic 3.3 V6 it replaced. The sad thing is that Nissan offered a SC for the 3.3 and it still had less power then the VX.:p

Triathlete
02/01/2009, 01:02 PM
thats funny because my sister has a x-t but that thing has NO POWER at all...the only time i drove it i was seriously dissapointed....

however, one of my buddies just STOLE a x-t from someone...

04 x-t with ARB lockers front and rear, $1,600 roof rack with ladder and all(gobi rack), 4" lift with mudder tires...around 50k miles...
got the whole thing for like 8k....
i tried to convince him to trade me....he said if i got my VX painted lime green he would trade...

needless to say that thing KICKED arse offroad.....made my VX with brand new wranglers looks like a honda...

Hmmmm! Lets see...he had lockers front and rear. If you had the same there would be a huge differance. But out of the box stock vs. stock I think the VX would school the xtrerra!:cool:

pbkid
02/01/2009, 02:35 PM
Hmmmm! Lets see...he had lockers front and rear. If you had the same there would be a huge differance. But out of the box stock vs. stock I think the VX would school the xtrerra!:cool:

oh, agreed, but he paid much less than me and he owns me currently...

once i lock i will be showing him hows its done ;)

Jolly Roger VX'er
02/01/2009, 08:24 PM
The sad thing is that Nissan offered a SC for the 3.3 and it still had less power then the VX.:p

Right before I bought my VX new, The X-Terra was one of the vehicles I was checking out at the time and the 3.3 SC'd engine was described in magazines at the time as Nissan's way of "buying" more time out of an obsolete engine before they could bring the 4L to market in 2005. I remember seeing that the 3.3L without SC was like 170hp and with SC was still less than 215 hp of stock VX.

WormGod
02/02/2009, 08:27 AM
Why am I the only one that gets a "speed contesting on a public highway" ticket, "reckless driving" ticket, and free pair of silver bracelets when I do this?

Let them be morons. Don't prove anything to them. Trust me, it isn't worth the court fees, lawyer, traffic school, and overnight room and board in jail.

nfpgasmask
02/02/2009, 08:50 AM

Agreed. I owned a 2000 Xterra for 6 years and yeah, compared the VX, it's weak sauce.

Bart

MSHardeman
02/02/2009, 09:19 AM
Not an Xterra story, but I was going over Independence Pass (the continental divide) outside of Aspen a couple of summers ago and had an Audi A4 hugging my tail. The pass is a super twisty road and the Audi was ticking me off so I decided to screw with him (I know I shouldn't have, but I couldn't resist). Every time he got right up on my butt and started to try and pass me I would floor it and zip through the twisties. The VX stuck to the road like glue and I would pull away from him because he just couldn't keep up. I would slow down and let him catch back up then punch it and speed ahead again. When we finally got to a long straight away I slowed down and let him pass, but as he did he wouldn't look over at me, and sheepishly kept his head down as he crept by.
HA! You just got left in the dust by an SUV. How ya feelin' now?

PittVXr
02/02/2009, 10:16 AM
Hmmmm, my brother has a 2005 X-Terra. Might have to challenge him to a race next time I see him.

VehiGAZ
02/03/2009, 08:09 AM
Why am I the only one that gets a "speed contesting on a public highway" ticket, "reckless driving" ticket, and free pair of silver bracelets when I do this?

Because you live in a police state, my friend. In my experience, the most egregious stories of cops chasing non-criminal infractions for revenue-bolstering purposes seem to come from MD & VA. The worst part about it is that they seem to believe their own BS... from all reports, those cops act like radar detectors, tinted windows, and non-stock mufflers are ruining American society, and they are the last line of defense.

Move up our way - CT state cops on radar patrol don't even blink if you're going under 80 mph. Hell, the staties even drive 85 everywhere they go!

MA, too: my wife got pulled over on I-91 (by laser) on our way back from VT a couple of years ago. The cop asked her how fast she was going, and she said, "About 80... 82 maybe." So he said, "I appreciate your honesty, so I'm not giving you a ticket. Please slow down."

Ever heard of something like that happening in VA?

Gussie2000
02/03/2009, 04:00 PM

Let them be morons. Don't prove anything to them. Trust me, it isn't worth the court fees, lawyer, traffic school, and overnight room and board in jail.

I agreed 100% with you,i don't really drive like that though,as a security supervisor i got to keep my background records clean as possible;Plus i'm very friendly driver,but some times i guess the adrenaline takes control,yeah i know,that's not a excuse at all,sorry ! :o

WormGod
02/04/2009, 08:29 AM
I am not talking about "speeding". I am talking about "speed contesting".... racing. Again, I learned my lesson. I got my license and insurance hammered, as well as my wallet. And those bologna and mustard sammiches in county don't exactly fill you up. ;)

I am not lecturing anyone. I just like to remind everyone that, I have been down that road, and the consequences SUCK. Do what you will, hell, operating a speeding vehicle is a hell of a rush, I will 110% agree. Just in my past experience, I learned to keep it on the track, heh.

Cops here won't bother you if you aren't bringing attention upon yourself. On a good traffic day, the average speed on rt270 (main highway leading to the Capital Beltway) is 75-80. In my 12 years of commuting on it daily, police do not interfere with this. It's when the one clown who is too good for that speed decides he is gonna weave through traffic that is already well exceeding the limit that they take action.

Ya, there is the window tint and exhaust thing, but again, they only mess with you if you are looking for attention. I know far to many guys with limo tint and crazy TurboXS exhausts and they don't have issues either. We save the craziness for autoX. There are MANY clowns here who take that to a level that is just ludicrous. Tint that you swear is simplu just painted black from the inside and exhausts that easily spill out 110db. I state of MD has admitted that they realize that most aftermarket exhausts are actually cleaner than factory, and the real issue is the noise ordinance. Top all that off with the douche bags here that gut their downpipes and run catless. THAT is where MD starts putting the hammer down on EVERYONE. There are few to blame but they get theirs come emissions time, which is pretty damned indepth now. They easily put mirrors under your car now if they catch even a hint of an aftermarket exhaust on your vehicle. I am fine with that. If you are catless, you fail.

I am not defending our policing and emissions system here, but it is what it is. It is fairly strict, but not as much as many other states, especially your neighbor MASS. Take a gander at some of their road laws.

Anyways, I am not trying to hijack this thread with some "morale of the stories" crap. I just figure, knowledge is power, and the more everyone knows, the better. :)

kodiak
02/04/2009, 11:48 AM
There’s an easy way to get that rush without breaking any laws here in SLC. When you head east on I80 up into the mountains there’s a lot of really steep inclines. There’s nothing funnier then getting in to a climbing contest with one of your buddies. I never lose.;)

pbkid
02/04/2009, 12:35 PM
I am not talking about "speeding". I am talking about "speed contesting".... racing. Again, I learned my lesson. I got my license and insurance hammered, as well as my wallet. And those bologna and mustard sammiches in county don't exactly fill you up. ;)

I am not lecturing anyone. I just like to remind everyone that, I have been down that road, and the consequences SUCK. Do what you will, hell, operating a speeding vehicle is a hell of a rush, I will 110% agree. Just in my past experience, I learned to keep it on the track, heh.

Cops here won't bother you if you aren't bringing attention upon yourself. On a good traffic day, the average speed on rt270 (main highway leading to the Capital Beltway) is 75-80. In my 12 years of commuting on it daily, police do not interfere with this. It's when the one clown who is too good for that speed decides he is gonna weave through traffic that is already well exceeding the limit that they take action.

Ya, there is the window tint and exhaust thing, but again, they only mess with you if you are looking for attention. I know far to many guys with limo tint and crazy TurboXS exhausts and they don't have issues either. We save the craziness for autoX. There are MANY clowns here who take that to a level that is just ludicrous. Tint that you swear is simplu just painted black from the inside and exhausts that easily spill out 110db. I state of MD has admitted that they realize that most aftermarket exhausts are actually cleaner than factory, and the real issue is the noise ordinance. Top all that off with the douche bags here that gut their downpipes and run catless. THAT is where MD starts putting the hammer down on EVERYONE. There are few to blame but they get theirs come emissions time, which is pretty damned indepth now. They easily put mirrors under your car now if they catch even a hint of an aftermarket exhaust on your vehicle. I am fine with that. If you are catless, you fail.

I am not defending our policing and emissions system here, but it is what it is. It is fairly strict, but not as much as many other states, especially your neighbor MASS. Take a gander at some of their road laws.

Anyways, I am not trying to hijack this thread with some "morale of the stories" crap. I just figure, knowledge is power, and the more everyone knows, the better. :)

wish we had tracks in colorado...i would love to take it to the track...
we do have some drag strips, but nothing for auto-x

nfpgasmask
02/04/2009, 01:10 PM
There’s nothing funnier then getting in to a climbing contest with one of your buddies. I never lose.;)

That's cause you haven't lifted yet! :p

Bart

Gussie2000
02/05/2009, 05:02 AM

You are right,i mean speed contest & street racing aren't allowed any where,isn't good at all get involve in any circunstancies where you got to deal with the law.

What really encourage me was the facts that the guys had three addional lanes to pass by,but wanna have fun with my little looking toy