PDA

View Full Version : No wonder the car economy is going to heck in a sack

Solitude
01/28/2009, 08:56 PM
http://www.nissanusa.com/cube/#/en/colors/

and that is gonna compete against the scion??

Ldub
01/28/2009, 09:11 PM
Awwww Jeez...that's just awful.

It's not even a freakin' car...it's a "mobile device"?...WTF!

JUST AWFUL!...:sighwgray

pbkid
01/28/2009, 09:11 PM
gross.....

i do LOVE the scion 'fuse' though...

etlsport
01/28/2009, 09:22 PM
.... i like the factory option for a shag topped dashboard..http://www.rc4x4.org/rcforum/Smileys/old/24.gif....

Solitude
01/28/2009, 09:38 PM
I'm gonna have a truck load of em tomorrow.. I will take a picture

mdwyer
01/28/2009, 10:43 PM
http://www.nissanusa.com/cube/#/en/colors/ and that is gonna compete against the scion??

The funny thing about these tiny little boxes is that they're hardly new. They're Americanized Kei Cars (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kei_car) -- tiny little cars that were filling the streets of Japan when I was there 9 years ago. They're just now dusting off the designs and shipping them over here.

Say what you want about the Asian automakers... if nothing else, they're agile.

WormGod
01/29/2009, 01:34 PM
Looks like the mushrooms in Super Mario Bros.

Um, I'll pass. Thank you, goodbye. :p

kodiak
01/29/2009, 02:53 PM
Lol! Looks like something out of Dr Seuss.:p

http://www.t-chest.co.uk/2005/images/car.gif

etlsport
02/04/2009, 08:48 AM
so I went to the philly auto show on monday and saw the nissan cube in person.. i think my friend summed it up best when she said "its a freakin spongebob car!" very odd looking car.. very cartoony.. the powder blue color they had didnt help

in other news... i didnt sit in a single other car that i could picture driving.. just could not get a comfortable driving position in anything.. everything from chevys and subarus to bmws to infinitis.. everything seems to have that bucket effect.. seems like companies are more and more worried about exterior appearance and driving comfort is being sacrificed.. could just be me though.. i have friends who think the VX is the most uncomfortable thing in the world to drive.. where as it feels perfect for me

also thought this was funny.. i was curious about the cadillac escalade hybrid fuel economy.. on the window sticker it said... that the vehicle was exempt from emissions standards... WTF:_confused why bother making a hybrid if the fuel economy is STILL so bad its too embarassing to show

edit.. just looked at their website.. it gets an estimated 20/21 pretty useless when you consider the fact that their comparisons in its class get 17-19 mpg and they arent hybrids.. they dont even bother comparing highway fuel economy.. yep i think that thing is about as good for the enviornment as toxic waste.. which is what the batteries will be (which are as big as the rear seats!).. and starting at 73,500.. its clearly a money saver with gas prices so high

JoFotoz
02/04/2009, 12:16 PM
Well...

I LIKE IT !

....:o

jo

Solitude
02/05/2009, 01:41 PM
Ok.. here is one view of the sponge bob car..

I,ve been real busy.. is why it took so long..

903:grinb:

CoastieCosta567
02/05/2009, 02:04 PM
Not bad,not my kind of car, but not bad at all eather.

Gussie2000
02/05/2009, 04:01 PM
so I went to the philly auto show on monday and saw the nissan cube in person.. i think my friend summed it up best when she said "its a freakin spongebob car!" very odd looking car.. very cartoony.. the powder blue color they had didnt help

in other news... i didnt sit in a single other car that i could picture driving.. just could not get a comfortable driving position in anything.. everything from chevys and subarus to bmws to infinitis.. everything seems to have that bucket effect.. seems like companies are more and more worried about exterior appearance and driving comfort is being sacrificed.. could just be me though.. i have friends who think the VX is the most uncomfortable thing in the world to drive.. where as it feels perfect for me

also thought this was funny.. i was curious about the cadillac escalade hybrid fuel economy.. on the window sticker it said... that the vehicle was exempt from emissions standards... WTF:_confused why bother making a hybrid if the fuel economy is STILL so bad its too embarassing to show

edit.. just looked at their website.. it gets an estimated 20/21 pretty useless when you consider the fact that their comparisons in its class get 17-19 mpg and they arent hybrids.. they dont even bother comparing highway fuel economy.. yep i think that thing is about as good for the enviornment as toxic waste.. which is what the batteries will be (which are as big as the rear seats!).. and starting at 73,500.. its clearly a money saver with gas prices so high

I can't figured out why they are investing so much $$$$ on those hybrid models,i mean,at 74K just to save few pennies a month at the pump doesn't do the expected job... save a lot of $$$$$$

Gussie2000
02/05/2009, 04:03 PM
Awesome Legos! :p Thanks for the pics!

I might give away those legos as christmas presents to my stepsons this year :p

Osteomata
03/17/2009, 11:00 AM
Well I like it, and I think it will sell. Just look at how many Scion xBs are out there. Gas mileage, trendy box styling, easiliy customized, low price. This is what will keep an auto company healthy, as opposed to hybrid escalades.

- Os

vt_maverick
03/17/2009, 11:03 AM
Holy revived thread Batman! :)

Osteomata
03/17/2009, 12:49 PM
Thats what happens when you let noobs in here. We start reading back, page by page, in all old forums as if they were brand new things to talk about.
Im gonna go find the oldest post and comment on that now:eek:

rowhard
03/17/2009, 04:26 PM
Looks like the results of a Scion XD and a Chevy HHR cross breeding

Riff Raff
03/17/2009, 06:05 PM
Thats what happens when you let noobs in here. We start reading back, page by page, in all old forums as if they were brand new things to talk about.
Im gonna go find the oldest post and comment on that now:eek:

Ah ha; so OS, it was "YOU" who went back and revived this old thread (after I checked all of the posting dates). Damn, noobs.

Regarding the vehicle-- it looks just like one of those antimated cartoon cars in the Chevron TV commercials. It also greatly resembled my very first carving of a bar of Ivory Soap I did in 3rd grade art class. Ponderous, man; really ponderous.

Osteomata
03/17/2009, 07:26 PM
COming at this from the perspecive of a guy whose age and income should warrant buying cars that are... somewhat better than an entry level ride, but who just can't conscience spending new car prices: This car makes sense, and the HHR/Scion comparison is apt. Look, suppose you put a $10 or $12K cap on a car purchase: what would you buy? For me, a two year old HHR or three/four year old Scion xB would definatley make the short list. For those that scoff at this boxy entry level vehicle: what are you comparing it to? Dollar for dollar, what do you think is so much better, particularly from a marketability standpoint, than this car?

I like, really like, the exterior styling on both the HHR and the Scion, and this car works for me like those two. In my eyes, the HHR exterior is vastly superior to the PT Cruiser, and the Scion xB, especially the earlier true box models, is exceedingly cool. I don't know a thing about the engines and other guts in either. I do know that the HHR was high on my list when I was looking at affordable used get abouts (used HHRs are VERY affordable). 'Course, when I spotted the VX, there was no going back. I was sold, just a matter of finding one (which I did within two hours, heh.) BUT, if I was gonna get a beater, I would seriously consider either a used HHR or Scion xB, amongst others of that ilk.

- Os

Looks like the results of a Scion XD and a Chevy HHR cross breeding