PDA

View Full Version : what dealers will work on VX in Dallas?

woody
01/28/2009, 09:45 AM
Hey guys,
I guess I need to get my drivers window fixed. Would anyone know a dealership in Dallas Area that takes Isuzus?

Scott Harness
01/28/2009, 11:34 AM
I used Crest Cadilac for years.They used to be an Isuzu dealer.They still have all the same techs.They are on 75 and Park in Plano

woody
01/28/2009, 11:37 AM
Thanks a bunch...I'll give them a try!!

VX KAT
01/28/2009, 02:29 PM
Hey Woody- We just moved to AZ from Plano last year. Near Park/Ohio. Lived there 11 yrs and loved it (except the heat)! I didn't have my VX then. Don't think I ever saw yours around, I'd remember it! IIRC there was an Isuzu dealership somewhere down near Love Field maybe on Lemmon? There's several dealerships along there, maybe one of them is the authorized service place now. There's got to be an auth place in DFW.

tomdietrying
01/28/2009, 04:16 PM
Here are the two I know of in Dallas.

Fazeli Imports - http://www.fazeliimports.com/ They worked on my car last year, and I was very happy with them.
Clay Cooley - http://www.claycooleyisuzudallas.com/

Hope this might help out.

Peace.
Tom

woody
01/29/2009, 06:56 AM
Tom and Kat...thanks for the info...will check them out.
Kat, I'm off of Legacy and Custer. I got my Vehicross in 2007 later in the year...I saw only a few VX's in the Dallas Area...yours may have been one.
So from the frying pan into the fire...er I mean dallas to phoenix...I've been a few times...you save a lot of money on towels in the summer...just get out of the shower or pool and bam...your dry:cool:

Solitude
01/29/2009, 07:03 AM
If you need your windows fixed. might check out the SBC fix

woody
01/29/2009, 07:16 AM
What is that??

Solitude
01/29/2009, 07:20 AM
http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=11541&highlight=window+fix

woody
01/29/2009, 08:31 AM
super nice...appreciate it

VX KAT
01/29/2009, 10:37 PM
OMG, no, I'm not in Phoenix :freek:
I'm 90 miles North, up in the mountains, at about 5200 feet, MUCH cooler! Dallas heat was too much for me! :freek: But I LOVE TX and miss everything except the heat!

I'm sure you've read the thread Solitude included, but in a nutshell, Tim at StreetBoutiqueCustoms in the Phoenix area created a metal one piece bracket that replaces the two plastic clips attached at the bottom of the GLASS, the clips often break. Just another one of the problems in the long line of problems we almost all have with these freaki'n windows. :(

The metal bracket not only holds the glass firmly & raises it securely, they also allow you to move the glass a few mm's toward the back of the car when you're installing them, to relieve some pressure/friction on the front leading edge of the glass, which seems to contribute to the binding issue.

Solitude & I have the benefit of being within driving distance of SBC. Tim's installing my brackets in the next week or two. My clips haven't broken yet, but we now live in a rural area with many dirt roads with ruts, washboard, potholes, etc...so my clips are bound to snap any day as my poor VX gets shaken to death!

If you haven't already read, use silicone spray in the rubber track to minimize the friction, works great!