PDA

View Full Version : What is VehiGAZ replacing his VehiCROSS with?

VehiGAZ
01/26/2009, 06:40 AM
Just for fun...

Since posting my pending exodus from VX ownership, I am surprised no one has asked what I am replacing it with, so here's a poll to see what you guys might guess. I pick up the new ride this week, so I'll reveal the choice with a photo after a few days...

woody
01/26/2009, 07:51 AM
Ah I see I'm not the only one leaving the nest..so waht is your replacement?

nfpgasmask
01/26/2009, 08:19 AM
I chose the Porsche Cayenne S. IMO, it's the only vehicle I would ever consider as a possible replacement for the VX. :)

Bart

snowtrooper1966
01/26/2009, 08:24 AM
^
Agreed. It's the only thing out there that even comes close to the style of the VX.
Then again, if he's selling the VX, perhaps he doesn't want a vehicle around that reminds him he used to own one of the best vehicles on the planet;)
Best,

woody
01/26/2009, 08:25 AM
That was my guess...hope you enjoy!

Ldub
01/26/2009, 08:59 AM
After this glowing review by mbeach (12-13-07), I hope you're not getting a tou-rag...:sighwgray
[quote mbeach]
For a cost to value comparison, we ended up trading the Ironman for a V8 Touareg ($50k new). The first day at -20F the following happened:
-mirror mounted turn signal lenses cracked spontaneously,
-the door skins expanded and broke the sealant from the door frame (*pop*), then they rattled around until we got rid of it,
-the battery froze (it is in the passenger compartment),
-the TPMS sensors went into permanant alarm,
-3rd gear went out,
-the luggage rack loosened up to the point that it wouldn't stay in position,
-the PCV valve froze closed, overpressuring the oil system -causing EVERY seal to blow out, spraying 7 quarts of oil everywhere.
-the self aiming HIDs stopped aiming, they just got stuck in the down position,
-a ground strap loosened up, causing a voltage drop from the nominal (an necessary) 13.8V. This caused a whole host of gremlins, from flickering dash lights to a failed steering wheel heater.
-I'm sure that there's more, but I was too disgusted to take notes by then...

The point is, that cold weather really highlights any bad engineering. My VXs (and the handful of others up here) have never experienced a cold-related failure. Way to go Isuzu![quote]

I guessed "smart car" cause I saw that you needed more hauling capacity...:smilewink

etlsport
01/26/2009, 09:09 AM
gonna go with the FJ since u mentioned deals on 2008 inventory in an earlier post..

VCrossfan
01/26/2009, 09:20 AM
Fj

johnnyapollo
01/26/2009, 10:50 AM
Touareg would be what I would get (but in a TDI) - the Cayenne is basically the same truck (but no diesel option and an available Hi-PRO option but a lot more money).

--John

VehiGAZ
01/26/2009, 11:00 AM
Hey, this is turning out to be kind of fun!

Eric, that is a very astute observation, but in fact we researched prices and local availability of 5 of the 6 vehicles on this list, so previous chit-chat should not be weighted too heavily.

Y33TREKker
01/26/2009, 12:08 PM
I'm going to go with the Cayenne as you've probably been wanting to do all you can to prevent it's stable-mate from otherwise suffering any unnecessary separation anxiety from it's extended family...being in a strange land and all. :bgwg:

Gussie2000
01/26/2009, 05:07 PM
Those Cayanne are wonderfull machines.

If money is concern i guess the cherokee SRT8 can be a option.

But i'll go first & check the FX,man that SUV ride like a plane,very sweet.

Suspension feels like a BMW,soft steering as a acura TL & because it's a low profile SUV the handling is perfect to sweep thru lanes on the highway. :_drool:

AlaskaVX
01/26/2009, 05:12 PM
I voted for the smart car because... VX > the rest

PK
01/26/2009, 05:24 PM
I sort of assumed he was banned from driving for life.

Why else would you sell a VX???

PK

Spyder
01/26/2009, 05:27 PM
I'm saying Porsche, just because thats next on my list.

But I had to pick up a part at the infinity dealership today and I parked next to a fx45 and from the front the fx45 and VX looked so similar, especially the size and rake of the windshield. You would have the same look with four doors.

Thmstec
01/27/2009, 11:31 AM
I hope none of those votes for smart car are serious. You can't go from the VX to that. Maybe as a second car if you live in NY or LA?

I voted porche, but my second and third votes would go VW or FX depending on whether on-road or off-road were the primary interest.

The FX was headed up by the same lead designer as the VX right?

Gussie2000
01/27/2009, 04:14 PM
Yes,the FX was designed by the same people,my company provides alarm monitoring to an infiniti dealership in long island,NY where i had the chance to test drive one,it has a excelent handling though.

The manager took pics of the FX-45 & my VX together last year to write a background of the engineering team that designed both cars to customers for ad purposes so they can have an idea about simon cox & staffing.

Jolly Roger VX'er
01/27/2009, 09:38 PM
Touareg would be what I would get (but in a TDI) - the Cayenne is basically the same truck (but no diesel option and an available Hi-PRO option but a lot more money).

--John

That was my vote & guess as well. Although, for the money....its hard to beat the price on a new FJ!

Riff Raff
01/28/2009, 10:14 AM
Hmmm, based on the previous thread statement that the deals on new 2008 models were quite a deal-- I picked the FJ Cruiser (plus I'm a FJ (FJ-40 fan)). My second pick for you would be the Porshe Cayenne, as I know you already own a White Porshe 928 and probably lean towards that brand anyway. Either would be a good choice; but, I'm still waiting for the Hummer HX/H4 (concept) to be actually produced by GM.

Ascinder
01/28/2009, 11:56 AM
After seeing that FJ perform at Moab last year, I vote for that. It walked up rocks a lot of people struggled with. Pretty impressive.

VehiGAZ
01/29/2009, 07:34 AM
The 2008 FJ!!!

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/fj.jpg

You were right, Eric, but I had to try to throw you guys off. The deals are almost once-in-a-lifetime - we paid $6100 under sticker off this loaded-up model between the discounted price and $3k Toyota incentive. It's not a VX, but it's pretty neat all on its own. We started out shopping the luxury SUV segment, but the lady of the house made the unarguable point - we use our truck for skiing, camping, and taking the trash to the dump (all dirty activities), so why do we want fancy-pantsy leather and carpeting that will only get trashed? Good point... That sent us to the Toyota store.

Porsche voters: the Cayenne S was a very close second choice. Mid-to-high $30's (list price) for a low-mileage CPO in perfect condition. Specifically, this Cayenne S...

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/Cayenne_S.jpg

It drives solid - like a quiet tank. I was worried about how all that mass would behave on slippery, snowy roads, but I figured it had to be decent. But ultimately, the thought of being a two-Porsche household was just a little too... embarrassing. My wife said if we got it, she would not even mention it to her friends at work.

The Caddy was briefly considered, but it's not as nice inside as I expect a Caddy to be. Car & Driver really liked it, which is usually good enough for me, but we never even drove one.

The Infinity FX45 had a lot going for it - price, space, style, and speed (not to mention the stylist's link back to the VX). But paying to replace 20" tires made me sick to my stomach. And every review I read, either professional or consumer, had something to say about the "harsh" ride (not sporty... just harsh). I figured that would annoy me at some point or another, especially driving the busted roads we end up on when skiing & camping.

The Touareg was a bit of a red herring in this mix - it's reputation as a POS is quite well established, although I missed that "review" you posted, Ldub - what an eye-opener! The wife thought it looks too bland, too.

And for all you Smart Car voters - FU2! :D

Ldub
01/29/2009, 07:57 AM
Did you get the offroad package with locker(s)?
You can always join us in the fun out Moab way, with Jay Dunford & his "honorary VX"...:smilewink

Riff Raff
01/29/2009, 08:28 AM
VehiGAZ-- Ah, hah!!! I was right on target. I guessed the FJ Cruiser (because of your previous statement regarding 2008 deals). I said the Porshe Cayenne was second (because you like the brand).

Welcome to the FJ family. You and I "still" have something in common. You have the "newest" FJ, and I have the "original" FJ which started the whole revolution-- the FJ-40. The FJ Cruiser is kinda' a modern-retro, based upon the original FJ-40 (of course, you already knew that). Congrats.

LittleBeast
01/29/2009, 09:23 AM
Things that make the FJ less cool than the VX (no offense Jay I really like your blacked out FJ):

-you could serve a meal on the front table top, I mean front bumper
-the brake lights require red flags because they stick out so far from the body
-someone forgot to paint the roof
-didn't think visibility could be bad through the front windshield until now
-FJ is the exact opposite of aerodynamic
-4 tone color scheme = confusing (body color[varies], roof color[white], bumper color[silver], trim color[black])
-wheel wells look like they were cut with an exact o knife and do not mesh with the tires at all
-largest surface areas on the FJ are the hood closely followed by the front turn signals
-if the VX looks like a martian vehicle, the FJ looks like a Martian got excited with a cardboard box

but in all honesty I am glad you and your wife could decide on something for your family, good luck not regretting loosing the coolest vehicle you will ever own though ;)

etlsport
01/29/2009, 09:53 AM
:dance: so do i win your VX free of charge? ;Db;

pbkid
01/29/2009, 10:30 AM
BOOoo! :p We have something on common too! You mentioned taking trash to the dump and your first inkling was an FJ... that's where I would take an FJ too! :eek: :rolleyes: Anyway, congrats on your new (F)ake (J)eep! :bwgy:

awww, you guys are no fun.....

first off, you guys wont be making fun of him when he's getting you unstuck or pulling you up an obstacle in moab...

secondly, the FJ is much much more road friendly than a jeep.....he said he was getting it for a familiy car....he needs something with a REAL back seat and something that he can drive all the time...

i think the FJ is a great choice....i would consider trading my VX for one too...at least he wont run out of parts ;)

VX1032
01/29/2009, 10:53 AM
I heard they have really weak diffs that can't take 32's, or at least the early ones, and they come stock with 32's!!

Oh well, they look interesting, but not my cup of tea. Way too big for my taste. We were in the woods with my VX and a couple FJs last weekend and they kept getting pinned between trees, wheelbase was holding them up.

VehiGAZ
01/30/2009, 08:00 AM
Yes, I got it the version with the rear locker, plus a bunch of other goodies... roof rack, rock rails, front bling-bling skid plate (can be used as heavy-duty aluminum foil, from what I hear), stereo with subwoofer. They all have 32's on them, I believe. The heavy-duty off-road Trail Teams package has some gnarly off-road tires, but I didn't want them.

The FJ is definitely bigger all around, but as I said, that's exactly what we needed. Through shopping for a new ride, I realizes that the VX is really one of the smallest SUVs out there - EVERYTHING we drove felt substantially bigger!. I was not considering the off-road prowess of the VX compared to the FJ - in all the time I've had my VX I've driven only 5-10 miles off-road, and most of that was fairly light-duty. I just don't have the opportunity here in CT - it's basically illegal most places.

NJ99VX - the problems with the rear diff were apparently fixed sometime late in the 2007 model run, so I shouldn't have any of those problems.

I do not like Jeep products that much - which annoys my Jeep-salesman neighbor to no end! My sister had a Cherokee for several years, and she had a lot of problems with it. The ventilation systems have always been kind of crappy on them, too, which I cannot stand. You shouldn't have to fight a foggy windshield every time it's cold out!

And my wife likes driving the FJ more than the VX - which means I don't have to take the helm every weekend on the trips to & from Vermont. Btw, you should have seen her face light up when she heard that there are TRD exhaust & superchargers package available for the FJ!! I think I created a monster out of her when I souped up the VX!

The VX will always be the coolest vehicle I've ever owned. There is nothing like it, and I am happy to have been fortunate enough to have one as a daily driver for 4 years.

Scott Harness
01/30/2009, 09:32 AM
Man! I really don't know what I would get next.

kodiak
01/30/2009, 09:58 AM
The FJ is a good pick. It’s the only one in your list that can do some serious off roading. Yeah, the VX is small. That’s one of the reasons I love it so much, it’s like having a VW GTI on a ½ ton truck chasse and it still handles like a GTI.:p

pbkid
01/30/2009, 12:48 PM
Man! I really don't know what I would get next.

im definately leaning towards STI or tacoma....ive swayed a little here and there with other ideas, but one of these two will be my next vehicle...they both fit my needs in different ways...

Ldub
01/30/2009, 08:37 PM
Yeah, the VX is small. That’s one of the reasons I love it so much, it’s like having a VW GTI on a ½ ton truck chasse and it still handles like a GTI.:p

I like to think of Suzy as a big piece of metal clothing that I wear, to go places & have fun in...:dance:

kodiak
01/31/2009, 03:13 PM
Wow! Looks like VW already made one.:p

http://robson.m3rlin.org/cars/2007-volkswagen-golf-gti-w12-concept-car-650hp/
http://robson.m3rlin.org/cars/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/volkswagen-golf-gti-w12-concept-21.jpg

Riff Raff
01/31/2009, 03:43 PM
Hmmm, interesting "kit car" prototype/concept. After reading the article, it's basically a hodge-podge of different manufacturer's parts. Kinda' like the Shelby Cobra Kit-Car's are a hodge-podge of parts. Still, there are two basic things I don't like about the car-- first, I don't like the "V"; and second, I don't like the "W".

As far as a Concept vehicle out there on the horizon still yet to be built as a possible replacement for the VX; then, I'd have to pick the "Hummer HX/H4". Damn, I hope GM builds it!!!

pbkid
01/31/2009, 04:02 PM
Hmmm, interesting "kit car" prototype/concept. After reading the article, it's basically a hodge-podge of different manufacturer's parts. Kinda' like the Shelby Cobra Kit-Car's are a hodge-podge of parts. Still, there are two basic things I don't like about the car-- first, I don't like the "V"; and second, I don't like the "W".

As far as a Concept vehicle out there on the horizon still yet to be built as a possible replacement for the VX; then, I'd have to pick the "Hummer HX/H4". Damn, I hope GM builds it!!!

thats funny you pick the hummer...theres two things i dont like about it...the G and the M.....

looks like a concept R32 to me...
sweet rides- 3.2L motor with BIG turbo...and it is very light with AWD....

Riff Raff
01/31/2009, 04:36 PM
Now that's really funny, because GM actually owns Isuzu overseas. You can immediately tell this fact when looking at the white cab-over type city delivery box vans used everywhere in the USA-- some say Isuzu, some say Chevy, and others say GMC; all of which are powered by Detroit Diesel engines-- a GM subsidirary. GM is everywhere, in every market, in every country, and often many times under different badging like Isuzu. Remember the Chevy LUV mini pick-up was an exact clone to the Isuzu mini pick-up back in the early 1980's. Consequently; if you own a VX, then you essentially own a GM product. Doh!!!

Ascinder
01/31/2009, 04:41 PM
Don't forget the Duramax line of diesel engines-a rebranded Isuzu product from what I understand.

pbkid
01/31/2009, 06:45 PM
Now that's really funny, because GM actually owns Isuzu overseas. You can immediately tell this fact when looking at the white cab-over type city delivery box vans used everywhere in the USA-- some say Isuzu, some say Chevy, and others say GMC; all of which are powered by Detroit Diesel engines-- a GM subsidirary. GM is everywhere, in every market, in every country, and often many times under different badging like Isuzu. Remember the Chevy LUV mini pick-up was an exact clone to the Isuzu mini pick-up back in the early 1980's. Consequently; if you own a VX, then you essentially own a GM product. Doh!!!
oh im very aware that the VX was a GM product basically...thats why its not the most reliable thing on the road and not exactly the most thought out (tiny windows, blind spots, poor back seat entry, leather problems, window problems)....

look at the rate of blown motors on the VX....much higher than it should be....

i LOVE the VX because of its originality, not because of who is it made by... plus the 4wd system is essential in colorado...

i hate working on anything GM made....they all are poorly put together and plasticey (sp) feeling to me.... ask anyone who works with interiors of cars and see what they think of GM....
cavalier- biggest nightmare car on the planet to work on...
gmc 3-door pickups- try getting to the left rear speaker....guaranteed to take minimum of 3 hours JUST for that speaker....(not to mention accessing the VX rear speakers)

sorry, dont mean to be a jerk but i hate GM, i curse every time i have to work on one...which in a 80% hispanic community is almost every day...:eek:

kodiak
01/31/2009, 07:25 PM
What! How can you not like VW. They make some of the best compact cars in the world. In fact they make what is considered by many to be the Perfect car the VW Phaeton. I almost purchased one instead of the VX.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Phaeton

P.S. That GTI actually has a W12 engine in it. Sweet!!!!!

Gussie2000
01/31/2009, 09:33 PM
One of my co-workers just bought one of those VW rabbit,i test drive it & must admit that he performed very well.

Good accleleration,shifting down thru the gears is smooth,handling is also very outstanding & the interior design beats any GM interior way far.

kodiak
01/31/2009, 10:49 PM
Ok, Hear it is! The perfect car.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmGNRMOpg7E
If GM can make one like that I’ll buy it.;)

And hear's one for 15k.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks___2004-VOLKSWAGEN-PHAETON-V8-NAVIGATION-HTD-AIR-SEATS-80K_W0QQitemZ330304274081QQddnZCarsQ20Q26Q20Trucks QQddiZ2282QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=i tem330304274081&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A2|39%3A1|240%3A1308

pbkid
01/31/2009, 11:54 PM
What! How can you not like VW. They make some of the best compact cars in the world. In fact they make what is considered by many to be the Perfect car the VW Phaeton. I almost purchased one instead of the VX.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Phaeton

P.S. That GTI actually has a W12 engine in it. Sweet!!!!!

ya, sweet technology...VW has really changed in the last 5-10 years...

i have a friend with a GTI with some serious upgrades....he's probably running 250hp with only 2k in weight....he paid around 20-23k for it....sweet ride....

i would definately consider getting one of these as a daily driver....would love to have an R32 but for the price you might as well get an STI...

but their basic upper level stuff is amazing for the price...

reptiles
02/08/2009, 11:58 PM
What! How can you not like VW. They make some of the best compact cars in the world.

My first brand new car was an '84 GTi (still in the Rabbit body) --It was agile, peppy, but I couldn't keep it running.

After a particularly spirited 1--> 2 shift; A gear shot through the tranny case and blew out a 10 foot store window. :_confused

A year later my windshield cracked (twice!) from "body stress"

Also had lots of weird things break, i.e. bracket that held the AC compressor kept cracking.

After numerous trips to the dealer for repairs (some under warranty, some not, some disputed) I eventually accepted VWoA's offer to buy it back.

It was fun, but not too strong --and no, I didn't beat it. :smack:

Riff Raff
02/09/2009, 04:56 AM
REPTILES-- I'm really surprized you don't have a VX yet??? I just did a quick search from a generic Philly, PA zip code (19114) and I found a bunch of VX's nearby on "AutoTrader.com". Some are pretty nice for a decent price. I have a suspiction you're looking for a Proton Yellow VX because of your little VX picture next to your User-Name.

nfpgasmask
02/09/2009, 08:35 AM
Man, I'm totally lost in this thread. Call me crazy, but for some reason, it's always been looks first, functionality 2nd. I don't like any of the vehicles you guys are talking about. IMO, they all lack style.

It actually sucks being so vehicularly close minded. I just can't bring myself to spend money on something that I don't think looks completely bitchin'. Life is too short to drive an ugly vehicle. :grinb:

Bart

Riff Raff
02/09/2009, 01:37 PM
Man, I'm totally lost in this thread. Call me crazy, but for some reason, it's always been looks first, functionality 2nd. I don't like any of the vehicles you guys are talking about. IMO, they all lack style.

It actually sucks being so vehicularly close minded. I just can't bring myself to spend money on something that I don't think looks completely bitchin'. Life is too short to drive an ugly vehicle. :grinb:

Bart

How 'bout the "Hummer HX/H4" (Concept; still yet to be produced)??? Do a search on the internet for it, and then prepare yourself to drool. Sweeeeeeeet.

nfpgasmask
02/09/2009, 01:44 PM
How 'bout the "Hummer HX/H4" (Concept; still yet to be produced)??? Do a search on the internet for it, and then prepare yourself to drool. Sweeeeeeeet.

Oh, I've seen it. And, it is a VAST improvement over the H2/H3s. But, it is still a Hummer. I don't really care for Hummers. The HX Concept looks ok, but still has those ugly Hummer features. IMO, the only concept that I have seen that can hold a candle to the VX is the Toyota RSc....

Bart

pbkid
02/09/2009, 02:17 PM
Oh, I've seen it. And, it is a VAST improvement over the H2/H3s. But, it is still a Hummer. I don't really care for Hummers. The HX Concept looks ok, but still has those ugly Hummer features. IMO, the only concept that I have seen that can hold a candle to the VX is the Toyota RSc....

Bart

ya, the RSC is amazing looking....
also, look up the toyota A-Bat....

Riff Raff
02/09/2009, 03:11 PM
ya, the RSC is amazing looking....
also, look up the toyota A-Bat....

Ok, I just looked at both the Toyota RSC and the ABAT concepts. Here's my opinion of both:

The RSC looks more like a Nissan 350Z with a body-kit and huge fender flares. Strip away the wide fender flares, and it's got Nissan 350Z contour lines all over it. It would probably make a good road-rally/winter-snow vehicle like a Subaru WRX; however, a true off-road vehicle it is not. In addition, the back window treatment design looks like a fish-bowl. Plus, it's built on the really cheesy 2001 RAV4 platform (oh boy, now I'm really impressed - NOT!!!). Sorry, but no thanks.

The ABAT looks like a cross between a Chevy Avalanche (ugly) and the Hot Wheels 1964 "Deora" (which had the surf boards). Again, more of a road-rally/winter-snow vehicle and not true off-road capable at all. Not impressed.

I'll stick with the Hummer HX/H4 for true go anywhere off-road capability!!! Build it, and I'll buy it.

nfpgasmask
02/09/2009, 03:42 PM
I would like to add that the RSC was a 2001 concept and the 350Z came afterward. But, either way, I want what your smoking cuz I don't see anything Nissan on that car, AT ALL!

X2 - The 350Z is a nice looking sports coupe, but the RSC looks WAY cooler than the 350Z, and the 350Z ain't going off road anytime soon. :)

Bart

pbkid
02/09/2009, 05:09 PM
Ok, I just looked at both the Toyota RSC and the ABAT concepts. Here's my opinion of both:

The RSC looks more like a Nissan 350Z with a body-kit and huge fender flares. Strip away the wide fender flares, and it's got Nissan 350Z contour lines all over it. It would probably make a good road-rally/winter-snow vehicle like a Subaru WRX; however, a true off-road vehicle it is not. In addition, the back window treatment design looks like a fish-bowl. Plus, it's built on the really cheesy 2001 RAV4 platform (oh boy, now I'm really impressed - NOT!!!). Sorry, but no thanks.

The ABAT looks like a cross between a Chevy Avalanche (ugly) and the Hot Wheels 1964 "Deora" (which had the surf boards). Again, more of a road-rally/winter-snow vehicle and not true off-road capable at all. Not impressed.

I'll stick with the Hummer HX/H4 for true go anywhere off-road capability!!! Build it, and I'll buy it.

i cant believe there is this much hype about the HX....go buy a GM, so when you go to do any electrical upgrades it costs you 3x as much...(i install car electronics at best buy)....and secondly you can get your *onstar crap, which basically just means that when you get in an accident one day they can go back and track EVERYTHING you have ever done with the car....so, they get a reading that says that you are heating your car up and using the 4wd more than usual (your offroading)....now when you get in an accident because your car isnt performing at its upmost, you get blamed for it.....GREAT IDEA!!!!

oh, and right after you buy it and something breaks...oh wait chrysler/gm is out of business...uh oh!!!! with them balancing on bankruptcy like that i would never buy one of their products.....their shares have dropped to almost nothing in the past year...they arent doing very well...

+1 for the FJ.....go wheeling with your VX compared to jay dunfords FJ and tell me that the FJ isnt a great vehicle...

Riff Raff
02/09/2009, 10:34 PM
PBKID-- Thanx for the compliment about the FJ's. The FJ is my other 4WD. The "Original & Legendary", a prestine 1978 FJ-40 that I've owned since new.

pbkid
02/10/2009, 01:54 PM
PBKID-- Thanx for the compliment about the FJ's. The FJ is my other 4WD. The "Original & Legendary", a prestine 1978 FJ-40 that I've owned since new.

wow, i would love to have an original FJ...they are amazing all around....

reptiles
02/10/2009, 06:38 PM
REPTILES-- I'm really surprized you don't have a VX yet??? I just did a quick search from a generic Philly, PA zip code (19114) and I found a bunch of VX's nearby on "AutoTrader.com". Some are pretty nice for a decent price. I have a suspiction you're looking for a Proton Yellow VX because of your little VX picture next to your User-Name.

Actually I miss a lot of opportunities because I work weird long hours and often have to wait weeks for a day off. I prefer to check them out in person, locally if possible.

While I wouldn't mind a Proton... I figure I could repaint one any color I like at this point.

=Mark

Riff Raff
02/12/2009, 05:18 PM
Actually I miss a lot of opportunities because I work weird long hours and often have to wait weeks for a day off. I prefer to check them out in person, locally if possible.

While I wouldn't mind a Proton... I figure I could repaint one any color I like at this point.

=Mark

REPTILES-- No, I wouldn't recommend a "re-paint" (they look like hell). First, determine your actual true-love VX color. Then, hold-out until you find it. Life is too short to settle for second-best. I waited and searched for 7 years before I finally found my Proton. I had made up my mind that it had to be a Proton or nothing. You should do the same-- determine your favorite VX color, and then focus your search for only VX's in that particular color!!! Riff Raff

VehiGAZ
02/16/2009, 07:53 AM

You and me both, Bart! Wait, I mean you and me and our wives...

VehiGAZ
02/16/2009, 07:54 AM
Reptiles - I have a fine supercharged VX for you only 180 miles away...

snowtrooper1966
02/16/2009, 08:00 AM
You and me both, Bart! Wait, I mean you and me and our wives...

Insert sound of obligitory whip crack here.....;)