PDA

View Full Version : Test Drive?

JAMAS
01/25/2009, 07:32 AM
I am VERY interested in buying a VX. However, I have never even seen the inside, in person, let alone test driven one. Every VX that I find is at least 5 hours away from me. Is there anyone reasonably close to West Chester, OH (Cincinnati area) that would be willing to let me look at their VX and possibly test drive it? Also, if anyone sees a VX for sale close to me, let me know. Thanks a million!

Gussie2000
01/25/2009, 07:49 AM
HI jamas nice to see that you are interested in th great VX.

I think that the interior can be seen on the web,actually here many,many members have posted pics of their VX,i'm one.

Ohio is home of good number of VX'ers.I don't know how close you are to pennsilvania,if you do pennsilvania also is home of few VX'ers that i assure you they'll moe than happy to invite you test drive one.

Since you already become a member go to the "quick links" & click at the member list that contains the location of all VX.info members & search for the ones that had activity for the last 3-4 months that lives close to your location & e-mail them to see if you can arrange a meeting.

I hope you got lucky & get a hold of the most outstanding PUV on the planet

VehiGAZ
01/26/2009, 06:57 AM
JAMAS, there are a couple of VXers in Kentucky and Indiana.

I have a supercharged one for sale in CT. The listing is on Autotrader.com (http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p&car_id=257631202&dealer_id=63748461&car_year=1999&rdm=1232981926765&model=&num_records=100&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=1981&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=25&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&showZipError=n&make=ISU&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=06525&advanced=&end_year=2010&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=0&standard=false) if you want to check out some more pictures. Good luck!!

nfpgasmask
01/26/2009, 09:36 AM
Be careful, it's that first test drive that gets most of us hooked. I know for me, upon sitting for the first time in those Recaro seats, gripping the tight steering, and feeling that VX only "buggy bounce", I was sold. I just remember saying to myself after about 30 seconds of being behind the wheel, "this is it, I must have one". I pretty much had VX blinders on from that point forward....and I still do actually. :)

Good luck,

Bart

TechnoPope
01/26/2009, 03:20 PM
I am in Columbus, Ohio. I have two VXs you can check out/drive. One is for sale if you are interested.

Gussie2000
01/26/2009, 04:46 PM
Be careful, it's that first test drive that gets most of us hooked. I know for me, upon sitting for the first time in those Recaro seats, gripping the tight steering, and feeling that VX only "buggy bounce", I was sold. I just remember saying to myself after about 30 seconds of being behind the wheel, "this is it, I must have one". I pretty much had VX blinders on from that point forward....and I still do actually. :)

Good luck,

Bart

Hahahaha nice one man !

I'm with you on this particular.

He'll probably understand what you mean when he get his back side over the recaro seat;Yes,he'll feel the pinch & that's all the VX need to overdose him as well as the VX did with us :p

nfpgasmask
01/26/2009, 08:36 PM
Hahahaha nice one man !

I'm with you on this particular.

He'll probably understand what you mean when he get his back side over the recaro seat;Yes,he'll feel the pinch & that's all the VX need to overdose him as well as the VX did with us :p

Yeah, the first VX I drove was a 1999 with 90k on the clock and the brakes were shot, but I still knew. I remember that day like it was yesterday. :cool:

Bart

MSHardeman
01/27/2009, 08:49 AM
When I bought mine I had never really driven one, but I was bitten by the VX bug so I just KNEW.....

When I was looking for a VX I was living in Telluride, Colorado and found the VX.info site. I lurked around for a while and read about the ZuZoo in Moab, so I drove over to check them out and the only one that I saw was Moncha's pristine Proton (he had cleaned his while everyone else was out wheeling on the last day). After that I had to have one so I started my search and found one in Chicago. I posted on the site to see if anyone would go look at it for me and ^yal (where is Kashia by the way?) volunteered. She reported back that it was in good shape so I boarded a plane to Chicago and when I saw her there on the lot, all Ebony and sexy (the VX not ^yal), I didn't even have to drive it, but I did. We spent the next few days together driving back to Colorado and it's been a love affair ever since.

The moral of the story; JUST DO IT, you'll never regret it.

crager34
01/27/2009, 12:46 PM
Techno?? Do you live near Dublin, along the Sciota or close? If so, I remember driving by your place (sits back from the street) and seeing your Ebony when I lived/worked out there.

JAMAS!! Head to Columbus... 1.5 hours and you will be in driving heaven.

TechnoPope
01/27/2009, 02:34 PM
Hello Crager,
I do live a few blocks off the Scioto but much further south than Dublin. There was another Ebony on the west side but I have not seen him for over a year. My wife drove our Ebony to work in Dublin for one summer. Perhaps it was her, but she should not have been parking at any residence! We had at least 10 VXs in the area about 4 years ago, but most have moved on. Didn't you move to Cinci before heading west?

crager34
01/28/2009, 04:48 AM
Hello Crager,
I do live a few blocks off the Scioto but much further south than Dublin. There was another Ebony on the west side but I have not seen him for over a year. My wife drove our Ebony to work in Dublin for one summer. Perhaps it was her, but she should not have been parking at any residence! We had at least 10 VXs in the area about 4 years ago, but most have moved on. Didn't you move to Cinci before heading west?

I did and it must have been the other VX I noticed, because it was on the West side. I lived in Fairfield down by Cinci for around 3 years. Anywho.... hope to see you out in Moab this year.

Darrin

Ldub
01/28/2009, 09:51 AM

Good luck,

Bart

but I still knew. I remember that day like it was yesterday. :cool:

Bart

Same here...L:heart:VE at first drive...:thumbup: