PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Offset Calculation Help

crotchrocket
01/25/2009, 05:05 AM
I've been using the calculator to check the new 9" wheels i got using the stock 7" wheel width and standard +38mm offset.....

From the centre of the wheel to the edge is 114mm (9" devided by 2)
From the back of the hub to the rear edge of the wheel is 95mm

Is that a -19mm Offset? If so i have 32mm more inner clearance and an extra 82mm of outside edge , pushing the wheels right out of the arches.

Or if thats a +19mm offset, i have 6mm less inside clearance and the wheels will extend a further 44mm ???

either way it'll look mean, but 82mm is A LOT of extra width!! Don't think these will fit a VX without a suspension lift!

Gussie2000
01/25/2009, 08:19 AM
Alright.

As to my knowledge the an 18x8.5 " wheel with - offset of 15mm will be just perfect for the job,however i have no idea about the back space measurements :confused:

If you look thru the recent post there's one that gather almost all the VX'ers with aftermarket wheels,specs,lifted or not in a large amount of different brands & models...check it out :)

Y33TREKker
01/25/2009, 09:34 AM
Note the diagram on this page indicating where the measurements are taken to determine a wheels' offset. One thing I don't think is properly identified is what they mean by "true centerline" though, because I'm running what are considered 18"x8" rims on my car and when I measure the overall wheel width (height if wheel is laid face up on the ground) from front to back they measure 9". Knowing that, I think the 8" width measurements for my rims are actually taken at the outer edges of the tire beads.

At the same time, to measure the "true centerline" of a wheel, it would seem likely that the centerline would have to be based on the front and back edges of the wheel, although if the front and back beads are the same, I guess it wouldn't make any difference.

Anyway, now that I've probably confused the situation even more than it was, :bgwo: here's the page,

1010Tires Wheel Offset Tech (http://www.1010tires.com/tech.asp?type=wheels#offset)

You can also use this calculator with the measurements you've taken to compare your rims.
1010Tires Wheel Offset Calculator (http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp)