PDA

View Full Version : VehiCROSS prices on the rise!

nocturnalVX
01/21/2009, 08:48 PM
I don't know if it is just the Protons or not, but the price for a used VehiCROSS has climbed big time!

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=256678663&dealer_id=824319&car_year=2001&rdm=1232599012366&model=VEHICROSS&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=1981&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=0&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&showZipError=n&make=ISU&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=60631&advanced=&end_year=2010&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=600&standard=false

I was hoping to get one of each color eventually... looks like that plan is shot.

TheGanzman
01/21/2009, 09:36 PM
Well, it IS arguably the best color...;)

mdwyer
01/21/2009, 10:51 PM
Well, hell... Suddenly, I don't feel so bad about the losses in my 401k and my home price...

In fact, I'm feeling generous. I'll sell my proton for 10% off what they're asking.

Any takers? Anyone? Anyone? :D

vt_maverick
01/22/2009, 05:51 AM
Oh if only it were true... but hey, make yourself feel better by picking it up on the cheap!

Link to Ebay Auction (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fse arch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm37.l1313%26sati tle%3D270331887373%26category0%3D%26fvi%3D1&item=270331887373&viewitem=)

Lizardmen3477
01/22/2009, 06:15 AM
Good God That Be The Day LoL ..... I Still Wouldnt Sell My Baby ;)

Cris
01/22/2009, 09:01 AM
I reciently went to the Detroit Auto show and truck trend mag was there. They listed the VX as No.7 on the list of the most valued trucks in the U.S. Yes we are finally a collector item and yes thats true the price of a used VX will be going up. They also said all of those that customized there VX such as different color of paint different interior colors all these things drop the price way down. I have had mine since 1999 bought new, all stock but the rubber and a cold air intake, that can be put back to stock in 15 minuts. So all you VXers out therewith your big modified VXs good luck on the resale.

Scott Harness
01/22/2009, 09:18 AM
I reciently went to the Detroit Auto show and truck trend mag was there. They listed the VX as No.7 on the list of the most valued trucks in the U.S. Yes we are finally a collector item and yes thats true the price of a used VX will be going up. They also said all of those that customized there VX such as different color of paint different interior colors all these things drop the price way down. I have had mine since 1999 bought new, all stock but the rubber and a cold air intake, that can be put back to stock in 15 minuts. So all you VXers out therewith your big modified VXs good luck on the resale.

In order to get the really good money,they pracitically have to have been sealed in plastic and not played with:(

MSHardeman
01/22/2009, 09:41 AM
Yes, you would have to have a "NIB" VX to fetch top dollar for it, but what fun would that be. I totally understand how modifications can reduce the price of any car, but I have no plans to ever sell my baby (I know; never say never). Mine is not heavily modified by any means, but I never bought it with the thought of making a profit on it. I bought it because I liked the looks of it, and now everytime I see it it puts a big smile on my face. :p

Triathlete
01/22/2009, 10:12 AM
So all you VXers out therewith your big modified VXs good luck on the resale.

Why would I want to sale it? Its fun and I bought it with the intent to play!:bgwo:
If I wanted to make $$$$ I would have bought gold!

Y33TREKker
01/22/2009, 11:26 AM
I reciently went to the Detroit Auto show and truck trend mag was there. They listed the VX as No.7 on the list of the most valued trucks in the U.S.

I found this list on their site. Was it updated for the auto show, or is it a different list? This one just said "Future Collector Trucks". Seems like that's where the VX would be listed anyway.

(Not being nit-picky, it'd just be nice to see it in writing somewhere :D )

http://blogs.trucktrend.com/6262117/trucks/future-collector-trucks/index.html

blacksambo
01/22/2009, 03:31 PM
Add to this that Motor Trend has already named the VX a future collectible, and you have good start on a positive price trend. I keep coming back to the funny looking bath tub Porsches of the 50's/60's. Remember those glorified VW's? Well, they bring 6 figures now if they are stock. The VX is basically a glorified Trooper with special suspension, but boy what a price boosting difference a good facelift made.

taylorRichie
01/22/2009, 05:39 PM
So all you VXers out therewith your big modified VXs good luck on the resale.

Yeah I totally buy every vehicle planning on reselling it :rolleyes: I mean from day one, I'm thinking... should I drive it today?? ummm... I dunno the higher the mileage the lower the resale.